Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[SPOILERS] Current Chapter Discussion

• Please log in to reply
180 replies to this topic

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

A forum thread for current chapter discussion, raws, characters, what the author does in his spare time.....whatever anyone else feels like talking about   :)

https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=106941

http://kobatochandaisuki.wordpress.com/

vwvD734.png?1

Tn7HA0h.png

KobatoChanDaiSuki

KobatoChanDaiSuki

Potato

• Contributor
  • 100 posts
  • LocationEurope
I'm not Pochi.

Spoiler

Loli is justice

Martypants

Martypants

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • LocationIn someone's spud basket, like a store-bought potato

I have secured a June and July issue of Gangan Joker and will pick them both up when the July issue releases in say.........6 days from now??

Martypants

Martypants

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • LocationIn someone's spud basket, like a store-bought potato

Good News everyone: The bookstore has messaged me about the book arrivals, picking them up after work....expect me to drop you an email in 2-3 days when I go buy a scanner......................my scanner died...

KobatoChanDaiSuki

KobatoChanDaiSuki

Potato

• Contributor
  • 100 posts
  • LocationEurope
Good news is good to know. Hurray!

Spoiler

Loli is justice

alluka

alluka

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

A big thanks to jagman1x3 from Psylocke Scans for the spoilers

Haven't got the issue with chapter 2 in it (well, not the physical issue anyway).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xt01fysq71v12ty/2014-07-02%2000.25.35.jpg
Color page for Chapter 3, it's mostly setting up a new gamble to be played with this weird traditional Japanese girl.
Game involves dropping little swords into numbered holes, you have to guess which holes they'll land in but if they fall blade-first you lose.

Chapter 4 is the game itself, main girl whose name I don't remember says that the reason the girl she's fighting is so confident is that she just has enough money that it doesn't matter if she wins or loses.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xk2eqgdfxnetcn2/2014-07-02%2000.26.27.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6sc59m44mt0h7my/2014-07-02%2000.26.44.jpg
She puts 40 chips all on one number, which she claims the game is rigged to land on because the girl's name has the kanji for that number and it works as a signal. If she gets it right, it'll cost the other girl 2,170,000,000 yen, which is more than even she can pay.
Main girl loses the gamble, but doesn't really care and is interested when the student council appears. She tells the guy she drags around that they were using magnets from the classroom below where they were playing to control what holes the blades would fall in, and decides that she wants to gamble with the student council. That's the end of the newest chapter.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lwx6ea1yznvff4q/2014-07-02%2000.27.03.jpg

itsmee

itsmee

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 18 posts

what happened to updating this? :/

KobatoChanDaiSuki

KobatoChanDaiSuki

Potato

• Contributor
  • 100 posts
  • LocationEurope

what happened to updating this? :/

still waiting on the raws...

Spoiler

Loli is justice

JUST_do_ot

JUST_do_ot

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationBehind you

i was wrong...it was Korean.

Edited by JUST_do_ot, 03 August 2014 - 01:11 AM.

JUST_do_ot

JUST_do_ot

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationBehind you

there too

Edited by JUST_do_ot, 03 August 2014 - 01:12 AM.

Gala Lion

Gala Lion

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 231 posts

So anyone else with is uptodate with Yen's releases?

sPYGmxY.jpg?1YXp8ZDc.jpg?1

Kakegurui Official Facebook Fan Page click on the images if you want to LIKE!

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

So anyone else with is uptodate with Yen's releases?

Oh, that's right, I completely forgot this had been licensed in English. What, they've actually released the first 3 volumes as tankoubons.........and up to chapter 24 as kindle releases?

Tn7HA0h.png

Gala Lion

Gala Lion

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 231 posts

Chapter 25 now yeah they release the latest chapters each month as the same day in Japan xD

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Chapter 25 now yeah they release the latest chapters each month as the same day in Japan xD

And you're reading them through that kindle thingy?

I ask because I'm interested.........I don't do the e-reader thing, I'm a little too old school (or maybe it's just that my eyes haven't gone far enough to make me use an e-reader :D ), but I saw there was apparently a free app available that made it possible to read the kindle releases on your computer, meaning you didn't have the huge initial investment /  fork out a ton of money for the e-reader itself........I might well be interested enough/willing to pay for Kakegurui if I could make it work like that  :D

Tn7HA0h.png

Gala Lion

Gala Lion

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 231 posts

And you're reading them through that kindle thingy?

I ask because I'm interested.........I don't do the e-reader thing, I'm a little too old school (or maybe it's just that my eyes haven't gone far enough to make me use an e-reader :D ), but I saw there was apparently a free app available that made it possible to read the kindle releases on your computer, meaning you didn't have the huge initial investment /  fork out a ton of money for the e-reader itself........I might well be interested enough/willing to pay for Kakegurui if I could make it work like that   :D

Yep and totally worth it xD and yeah it's name is Kobo it has a PCreader where can read the manga on your PC 

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Yep and totally worth it xD and yeah it's name is Kobo it has a PCreader where can read the manga on your PC 

Okay, I'm glad you brought it up then, thanks a lot........yup, good deal, that, surprisingly   :D, was just as easy as it seemed to promise it was. Got the app/reader all set up and even went ahead and download the "free sample" portion of vol3 to just make sure of how it handled manga pages. Outstandingly, actually, it works just fine.

Well, that means I need to read/reread the last couple/few scanlated chapters and then buy volume 3 to read the new stuff......I guess maybe volume 4 might be coming out soon, eh? I'd think there were enough chapters published by now.

Edited by svines85, 06 March 2016 - 10:16 PM.

Tn7HA0h.png

Gala Lion

Gala Lion

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 231 posts

Okay, I'm glad you brought it up then, thanks a lot........yup, good deal, that, surprisingly   :D, was just as easy as it seemed to promise it was. Got the app/reader all set up and even went ahead and download the "free sample" portion of vol3 to just make sure of how it handled manga pages. Outstandingly, actually, it works just fine.

Well, that means I need to read/reread the last couple/few scanlated chapters and then buy volume 3 to read the new stuff......I guess maybe volume 4 might be coming out soon, eh? I'd think there were enough chapters published by now.

Yep or you could by the chapters 17-25 xD

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Yep or you could by the chapters 17-25 xD

Oh yeah, and don't think I won't if push comes to shove when I'm ready for the new stuff to read :D

Tn7HA0h.png

Gala Lion

Gala Lion

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 231 posts

Oh yeah, and don't think I won't if push comes to shove when I'm ready for the new stuff to read :D

great! cause it's gets better by each chapter D:

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

great! cause it's gets better by each chapter D:

Yeah, I remember it being pretty engaging........I think it was probably between chps 7 and 8 (fan scanlations) that I put it on hold due to the irregular release times.

So yeah, I'm restarting at the beginning of vol 2 and going from there. 

I did go ahead and look up what I could on the tank printings though, and vol 4 actually hit the stands (roughly) at the end of last year.......at the very least it appeared on the comic rankings for Dec. 21 -27.........so yeah, hopefully a kindle version will be issued soon. I'm actually kinda surprised it hasn't been yet.

Tn7HA0h.png