Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Can anyone sent an email to Naver?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

cmev

cmev

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationVietnam
I'm a big fan of webtoon. But there are to few webtoons have been translated into English, when I went to naver's official website, I saw a lots nice art webtoon on there. And the official english website was too bad, just a few of chapter and this hasn't be updated for long time. I really interested in 'Survior' but there're just 5 chapter. Is there some one can sent them an email to told them care about people can't-read-Korean like me?

seyrine

seyrine

Unemployed Kitty In A Penguin Suit

• Administrators
  • 1,830 posts
  • LocationLurking nearby...

First off, Naver doesn't really care for non-Koreans since their main market (and thus, where the majority of their income comes from) is S. Korea. Thus they will always put their main market first. If ever they have the intention to expand into English media, it will be their choice. Not ours (although we can gently nudge them into doing so).

Second, the official English website of Naver, along with the translated chapters, were just a teaser shown months before. That's why it's incomplete and in such a poor state. There's no official word on whether or not they will continue the project or not. We'll just have to wait and see.

Catch my story; the Neverender Series

Batoto's Rules Repository | Rules, Guidelines and FAQs

Rules and Regulations | How to get help | Frequently Asked Questions

If all else fails, PM me. And use the REPORT button if you see any content that may violate site policy.

Catch me on irc.idlechat.net (#seyrine) and D.F.T.B.A.!

Alacia

Alacia

Russet Potato

• The Company
  • 230 posts
  • LocationUSA

Darn. The English Naver site was pretty interesting, though I suppose it'd put a bunch of scanlation groups out of business if they were ever up to date. I found Gepetto off of the English comics, and I thought it was quite good.

Chocolate Chip

Chocolate Chip

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 628 posts

Bottom line: If you want them to care, you need to give them money. If they're not making money off of English translations, why should they bother?

Cake-kun

Cake-kun

Potato

• Contributor
  • 160 posts
  • LocationNot on your plate, hopefully

First off, Naver doesn't really care for non-Koreans since their main market (and thus, where the majority of their income comes from) is S. Korea. Thus they will always put their main market first. If ever they have the intention to expand into English media, it will be their choice. Not ours (although we can gently nudge them into doing so).

Second, the official English website of Naver, along with the translated chapters, were just a teaser shown months before. That's why it's incomplete and in such a poor state. There's no official word on whether or not they will continue the project or not. We'll just have to wait and see.

Actually, Naver exports to JP also

regarding English, it was more or less made for people who is Korean, studying English. It's made to be minimal, and most likely will never get fully patched, functionality and webcomics included

-Source: Korean user.

Edited by Cake-kun, 15 June 2014 - 10:54 PM.

JeD

JeD

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 49 posts

The funny thing is I saw several printed webcomics a while ago.

If I remember correctly there was Noblesse, Tower of God, even Annarasumanara.

They were even translated into english.

It was in Germany at the "Frankfurter Buchmesse", a big book convention.

So naver seems to be toying with the idea of expanding to other languages.

edit: Found a picture

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-6X8osaglwh8/UmK9TwoiY1I/AAAAAAAAEOY/82FUDwWLIGc/s1600/IMG_0419.jpg

Does anybody know if and where they I can get them? Missed my chance at the convention -_- 

Edited by JeD, 16 June 2014 - 08:48 PM.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

Spoiler

I think that was the event seyrine was referring to in post #2. That English section on Naver was created as a promotional tool back when that event was held to support Naver's participation at the event as I remember.

I'd guess what you've got a picture of there was further, one-time type promotional material from then. 

Tn7HA0h.png

Cake-kun

Cake-kun

Potato

• Contributor
  • 160 posts

The funny thing is I saw several printed webcomics a while ago.

If I remember correctly there was Noblesse, Tower of God, even Annarasumanara.

They were even translated into english.

It was in Germany at the "Frankfurter Buchmesse", a big book convention.

So naver seems to be toying with the idea of expanding to other languages.

edit: Found a picture

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-6X8osaglwh8/UmK9TwoiY1I/AAAAAAAAEOY/82FUDwWLIGc/s1600/IMG_0419.jpg

Does anybody know if and where they I can get them? Missed my chance at the convention -_-

You'll just have to search around for book conventions. There will be a convention in Korea soon and I'm missing out, sad

good luck, by the way. Far as I can remember, big companies in Korea don't post their presence until they're there for events like convention, it's piss annoying

Cake-kun

Cake-kun

Potato

• Contributor
  • 160 posts

I was just looking through Daum, and I found this

http://webtoon.daum.net/event/view/4876

It says they're going to join up with http://tapastic.com/ and start translating Korean webtoons

Cool

Satanic Hamster

Satanic Hamster

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 36 posts
Actually, Tapastic has been translating webtoons ever since the site was created some years ago. It's just that until now the creators have been posting the translations and those were mostly Naver Best Challenge and Daum League webtoons. I think there might be at least 20 webtoons there.