Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Bad experiences in games

Games calamities experience

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

Will of NGE

Will of NGE

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,701 posts
  • LocationGeofront

?
Bed of Chaos is a bad boss but it's really easy to beat .-.

Oh definetly. Arrow here, arrow there, jump, roll, stab, dead. No, the problem lies in those damn arms sweeping left and right and then knocking you down in the holes. The reach and instand deaths is the problem.

fkq1S2q.jpg

Gif Response Unit

Spoiler

Jorg

Jorg

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 838 posts

Amnesia the dark descent... I actually didn't play that far into it before I was scared out of my wits in some library, where I instantly pushed alt-f4.

I still plan to man up and actually play through the game at some point, but oh boy.. Effective scary horror, at least for me.

ManCalledTrue

ManCalledTrue

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Did you know that the Ghostbusters game for PS3 likes to completely forget your save file exists and refuse to look for it, even though it's right in the memory folder? Had to start over twice, ultimately gave up and traded it in.

"COME! BREAK YOUR WEAPONS AGAINST ME!"

SystematicChaos

SystematicChaos

Fingerling Potato

• Contributor
  • 93 posts
  • LocationLocation, location, location

I played Final Fantasy IV for a while. Got very close to the end, was pretty invested in the story, but didn't take the time to grind properly, so I ended up facing enemies that were practically sub-bosses from my standpoint. So as I was heading to the end of the game, I ended up in the part where you have to go through a gauntlet of bosses before you get to the final boss. I barely made it through the first boss or two but used up almost all of my items, but I kept getting stuck on the next boss in the chain. I don't remember if I just gave up, or if I had no way of turning back without facing those other bosses again, but either way I was stuck and couldn't go any further. I put the game down, and I haven't played any Final Fantasy game since.

TOKI DIED FOR OUR SINS

Visit http://www.hokutonogun.com/ for all the MANga you can handle!

Trendsetter

Trendsetter

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts

When i first play Left 4 Dead i was so scared that i feel my whole felt cold and my heart were beating so fast, looking back i think it was pretty silly actually xD... 

F88kKmt.jpg

Emerald39

Emerald39

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 317 posts

The final fight with the Cartographer in Prince of Persia: the Fallen King was a really frustrating fight for me. His attacks, I swear, can break your blocks, the QTEs for his attacks require lightning-fast reactions, and he's overall just a bastard. I had to spam Elika and gauntlet attacks in order to beat him, which in hindsight may not have been as efficient, but I was just so frustrated at the time. Every time you failed the QTE, Elika would save you and then he would recover his health; so the damn fight went on for half an hour until I could finally kill him. 

Once I finally beat that game, I never touched it again. 

blue.monday

blue.monday

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 210 posts

Shitty performance and HEMFFPAS!IWHJDS%$"§! - tier bugs including some other stuff like shitty balance decisions (power creep / speed clear meta) and stale leagues are kinda ruining my PoE experience. Yoji with his last vid got it right. Might be that I still end up playing a bit next league since PT and Co. came up with 'honour' based SSF tracking shit. Nah, not really the reason and high chance that I wont play much next league, but I am 100% sure that I will return 3.0 with act V (body is more than ready).

Examples for the shitty performance and bugs: Izaro fight Labyrinth portals drop my frames to 0.2 per second for 10s or so (RIP), got insta killed with 10k ES in a mid tier map by one of the last remaining blue mobs which had low dps and I was full@10k ES capped, looked like I got 'teleported' to death, everyone who was involved or heard about it had a hearthy laugh including me. Last league crashed a bunch of times at the start -> server fucked up, my progress got reset (only some minutes of playing were lost I guess). Mobs not giving experience despite being in the 100% XP range, not receiving Skillpoints on lvling up, generally horrible performance, burning ground killing frames. Etc. etc. etc.

Mad props for the DX11 64Bit stuff, mad props for the implementation of (proper) Multi threading. It's going uphill I guess, I still think the next league start will be a mess like the last starts.

Edited by blue.monday, 27 November 2016 - 12:48 AM.

-fail

-acquire experience

-use experience to improve behaviour

-succeed
---------------------------------------------------
"The man who lies to himself and listens to his own lie comes to such a pass that he cannot distinguish the truth within him, or around him, and so loses all respect for himself and for others. And having no respect he ceases to love, and in order to occupy and distract himself without love he gives way to passions and coarse pleasures, and sinks to bestiality in his vices, all from continual lying to other men and to himself."  --  Fyodor Dostoyevsky

science hasn't gone far enough  I  Wat zullen we drinken

Silvermoment

Silvermoment

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 20 posts
The Sims 3 Pets. I remember such frustration after I set my sims self-preservation to high(for difficulty), spent an hour slowly starving my sims and keeping them from eating, when the sims animal services came and saved them. At least they still drown.

LadyPsychic

LadyPsychic

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

I was playing Rune Factory 4, and my cousin (who was visiting) wanted to play.  So, I (foolishly) let him.  He started a new game, played for a few minutes, then saved.  Later that night, I turned on my 3DS to resume my game...... only to find out that my cousin had overwrote my save!  80+ hours that I had spent on that game were gone!  I cried for about a hour and then I got angry.  I confronted my cousin about it the next day.  To be fair, it was an accident.  My cousin was used to games that would automatically move to the next empty save file when you try to save, but Rune Factory 4 doesn't do that.  Because my cousin is impatient and does things quickly, he didn't realize this until it was too late.  I gave him a long speech on why you shouldn't automatically shouldn't assume things (like how he assumed that it would automatically move to an empty save file when saved the game) and how you must always be careful when saving to not overwrite any saves you want to keep.  I then restarted my game from the beginning and eventually beat it.

.Jester

.Jester

Potato

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • LocationMuh bedroom

Was playing Recored Of Agarest War, got to the final generation and and then my game crashed, corrupting my save data...

Just another idiot floating around the forums.

Profile Song List Revision (05/13/2016)

83778d15.jpg

Spoiler

Ominous

Ominous

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationOn the Other Side of The Monitor

My first Pokémon game was Pokémon Gold. Back then, I did not know how to switch my Pokémon outside of battle so I would always have to win all my fights with a level 90-something Typhlosion. Naturally, all my other Pokémon served as cannon fodder against the final trainer at the end of that cave. (You know who I am talking about.) Every time Typhlosion dies, I would use the other Pokémon to stall enough to revive Typhlosion. It was such a frustrating game, until I learned how to switch in my second playthrough. Now it was fun. I still remember that game as the one I replayed the most out of anything. So many replays, so many teams. It was great.

(Also, I never knew the site would automatically do that thing with "e" in Pokémon. So cool.)

2140600972.gif

Theoderich

Theoderich

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 83 posts

Basically any MMORPG that I played aside of Ragnarok Online.

It was always the way that my favorite Class/character was either nerfed or just forgotten along the "rebalancing" ongoing, which usually made the game more unbalancing (especially in Dragon Nest, Blade & Soul and Tree of Saviour, not counting in all the P2Win games I checked out for like a week and quickly lost interest in) and frustrating for me to play.

I honestly don't understand how companies can continue to mismatch balancing between characters, I mean it's simple math, you just have to make sure that base utility and damage capabilities are balanced, everyone can do simple DPS calculations and give every similar Class the same damage per second...

Worst game was Dragon Nest, every level cap the game enforced a meta onto the gamers and every time other Classes were in the roster, so you had to reroll everything completely, forcing players to spend hundreds of $$$ to be even viable for endgame content.

Fuu Jellies, P2win costumes and reset vouchers, never going to spend on an unfinished game again.

17.jpg