Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Bad experiences in games

Games calamities experience

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

Whirlwind

Whirlwind

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 82 posts
  • LocationEye of the storm
Howdy, what bad experiences have you had in games? Did you gave some sort of trauma? Or maybe some sort of major frustration?

I remember when I played good old Mario 64, when I had to walk up the long stair case; that was a nightmare for me when I first tried to simply walk up it QQ I had to get my big sis to help me.

I also remember being very frustrated playing castlvania 2 x(

Party, Whirlwind Style

Monokuma-whirlwind.gif

Chocolate Chip

Chocolate Chip

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 628 posts

I encountered a shiny Geodude. It used self-destruct. ):

Rol

Rol

Oui Purée

• Donator
  • 3,270 posts

I lost my saves of Monster Hunter on my Wii because of my sister, I had around 100 hours on it...

wtjpw658v4xz.gif

Visenya

Visenya

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationValyria
I encountered a shiny Ditto and I didn't feel like capturing him because I didn't like Ditto >.< I came to regrwt this later xD

I also ended up giving most of my high level pokemon to a friend when I got bored of the game and he didn't give them back when I asked for a few of them for my new team later...

DVerde

DVerde

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Location????, Nebraska

I lost my saves of Monster Hunter on my Wii because of my sister, I had around 100 hours on it...

I remember something like that happened to me with my sister and Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne... Except I was also 3 bosses away from the end of the game, on Hard. -_-

http://www.gameanyone.com

Your number one source for video game walkthroughs, and Visual Novels. :P

Supreme_Lurker_Primo

Supreme_Lurker_Primo

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,703 posts
  • LocationSomewhere. Nowhere. Everywhere.

I remember something like that happened to me with my sister and Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne... Except I was also 3 bosses away from the end of the game, on Hard. -_-

Similar only it my heinous brother, 

but the worst one is probably back in the Ys series, there is one part I did not know how to process...

bhestw.jpgTincek-Marincek

Hoodsome

Hoodsome

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • LocationGuadalcanal, Solomon Islands

i remember the time when i still have my  psone and my save files were corrupted and  i cried like a little bitch that i am for hours.

Alraisen

Alraisen

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 589 posts
  • LocationProbably not here.

When i was a kid, and I had the Pokemon games where you controlled the pokemon for the DS.

My granny was visiting us, and I reached a point of the game when your companion left you (you could still  call him, but I didn't know that at the moment).

I started to cry a lot. I was like, traumatized.

And a lot of times in Zelda games. Can't remember hoooow many times I was three days with the same thing.

Spoiler

http://i.imgur.com/FZox7ZH.gif

Spoiler

clamzoopa

clamzoopa

Potato

• Members
  • 164 posts

Mass Effect 3.  I found out that the way 'I chose to play my game' was wrong.  So much for freedom.

Supreme_Lurker_Primo

Supreme_Lurker_Primo

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,703 posts
  • LocationSomewhere. Nowhere. Everywhere.

Played in a tournament mess up my stacks, still won, but that miskates extend the game an extra 2 hour.

bhestw.jpgTincek-Marincek

Will of NGE

Will of NGE

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,701 posts
  • LocationGeofront

World of Tanks.

You will never find a game with a larger population of retarded people.

Not mentally challenged, those got it by accident or from birth. No... these people are special... they chose to be stupid :o THEY DON'T EVEN KNOW THE BASICS AND THEY HAVE TOP TIER VEHICLES!

fkq1S2q.jpg

Gif Response Unit

Spoiler

Tertiusviducius

Tertiusviducius

Potato

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • LocationMystical Booger Forest

Of all the games I have played no other game pissed me off more than Company of Heroes. For something that claims to be tactical it really isn't especially in non multiplayer games where its almost like you are dealing with a cheater all the time (not to  say that the same problem doesn't rear its head in multiplayer games either). Its what happens when a game uses a chance system to ramp up its difficulty along with resource multipliers to the enemy. I don't care what other players and people have told me that "I got out played by the comp" I don't buy it. Why? because there is no excuse for a Tiger Tank to loose to an un-upgraded Sherman tank in open field combat and with no support for the Sherman and both facing each others front or if you invert the teams Elite Rangers with SMGs that loose to a squad of Volksgrenadiers with just one bar of veterancy. Both cases has happened to me multiple times and it induced me to rage quit which I really don't do. This is the one game that made me do it in more than one occasion hence why I don't really bother with it anymore. I simply don't agree with its system especially with my rotten luck.

3VYyD4im.jpg?1

xSadibs.png

Kira Kagomine

Kira Kagomine

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationAvenue Road

Ugh Persona 4.... Brings back bad memories...

In the first Persona 4 games you couldn't save in the middle of a dungeon, this posed quite a problem for me especially since I liked grinding for levels. SO I was in the middle of dungeon, playing for at least 8 hours straight and I hadn't saved. So I decided that I should finish playing, exit the dungeon, and restock on potions. So as I was about to exit the dungeon when I was ambushed by a group of monsters. With no potions or anything left I watched my team get slaughtered. And with their death went 8 hours worth of grinding thrown away. (I think I almost cried lol) And so to this day I have never bothered to complete the game :|

Socrates

Socrates

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 273 posts

Mass Effect 3. I found out that the choices the previous two games harked upon and were amazing for meant absolutely nothing by the time the series ended. That game just continues to leave a bitter taste in my mouth

Edited by Socrates, 02 July 2014 - 06:00 AM.

Linkd

Linkd

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 721 posts

Played FFXIII got boss to 1 pixel of hp, one more second I would have won. I get rekt I frickin cried

Wow!

Little Yuri

Little Yuri

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 511 posts
  • Locationempty home..

Little bro deleted my FF VIII saved file (on my ps3). I was on Ultimecia's Castle. 

It 

was

the

last

fricking

mission

and 

the 

memory

was

just

deleted....

just like that...

I love yuri...

lves

lves

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 93 posts

Dark Souls... the entire game is about bad experiences...

The worst one would be a time in which I visited a place called Valley of Drakes, walked past a bridge and saw some sort of tree trunk in the ground, I noticed that there were 3 items near it, so I approach it and picked up a Dragon Crest shield and a sword...

Turned out the tree trunk was actually some undead dragon that had been covered up by bad eyesight and lack of light...

Needless to say I screamed a lot before dying...

Socrates

Socrates

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 273 posts

The first game I ever played was Pokemon Yellow on the Gameboy Color. I had to collect 2 more Pokemon before I reached 150 and had "caught dem all." But like most 7 year old kids, I decided that I was a little bored with grinding to level up and evolve my Pokemon, so I decided I would reset and just not save it. I had done this 3 or 4 times already, so what would be the big deal; I fell asleep, and my dad came up and saved the game for me. I have never completely caught all the Pokemon since.

Edited by Socrates, 03 July 2014 - 04:55 AM.

Shrimpeh

Shrimpeh

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 552 posts
  • LocationCity of Legacia

Mario 64 last Bowser fight.

Damn, did it take long to beat it,

and by long i mean really really long, like 5-6 months or something iirc.

always dying after he turns the field to a star.

First Time playing Dota 2, the players bashed me so hard that i didn't play it for 7 months or something before playing it again xD

Lonely-signature.png

my ideal girl: nice, shy, beautiful, loyal, outgoing, half-traditonal, half modern,  preferably black hair or red hair, has a sense of humor, a little nerd-ish / otaku-ish. 

Will of NGE

Will of NGE

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,701 posts
  • LocationGeofront

Enchanting in TERA Online...

High level enchantments are of course, not easy to get, but a +8 is still low... and +8 costs about 200-400 gold if things go as they should. But sometimes, luck turns its back on your so hard... one +10 enchantment is usually 2k gold... I spent 30k to get it get to +11.

I spent that much trying to get +8 on the gloves -.- COME ON!!!!

fkq1S2q.jpg

Gif Response Unit

Spoiler