Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Hiatus discussions

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2219 replies to this topic

Fishcake

Fishcake

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,503 posts
  • LocationLost in the forest of the 77th floor

Shibusu sounds cool name imo . 

Btw Ran's goal lol , what if Mascheny killed one of his biological sister .

Im more curious about the fact that wouldn't killing a princess be y'know....bad? looked down upon? (unless its by another princess)

salvatore

salvatore

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 6,875 posts
  • LocationEarth

Im more curious about the fact that wouldn't killing a princess be y'know....bad? looked down upon? (unless its by another princess)

It could be an achievement too you know , like how Enryu killed a guardian , although it gave him a bad reputation but at the same time his power was acknowledged , if Ran succeedes killing Maschenny , he could gain an achievement too and rank higher . 

Lester

Lester

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,452 posts

It could be an achievement too you know , like how Enryu killed a guardian , although it gave him a bad reputation but at the same time his power was acknowledged , if Ran succeedes killing Maschenny , he could gain an achievement too and rank higher . 

Enryu is also sufficiently godlike that even if his feat would have gotten him a bad rep, there would be precious few stupid enough to try and do something about him. Not quite the same case with someone around Maschenny's level (still a monster, but with yet bigger leviathans in the sea).

Grincourt

Grincourt

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationItaly

Yeah. He'd probably become very famous.

To bad the chances of him ever beating her is like 0.01%

Gizmos

Gizmos

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 854 posts

He didn't and, I don't want to say it, but, if he post some gossips this week, it could be so the fans don't get too desperated when he doesn't upload chapter next week.

I know, I know, it was meant to be a weekly thing, but we all know by now that it wasn't like that.

I would be as happy as everyone if the series start the next week, as it seems another week wouldn't heal SIU's wrists, but if he thinks he needs another week more, well, we can only hope the return is worth it :) .

Actually he says something about next week at the end(Which I couldn't understand with google translate)

He said he would post them this week and release the chapter next week before(In last week's blog post maybe?). And he didn't give a new date, so no change in his plans I guess?

Grincourt

Grincourt

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationItaly

Enryu is also sufficiently godlike that even if his feat would have gotten him a bad rep, there would be precious few stupid enough to try and do something about him. Not quite the same case with someone around Maschenny's level (still a monster, but with yet bigger leviathans in the sea).

Well wouldn't someone have to be stupid to pick a fight with her as well. She is in the top 100. If she's a thing like Jinsung, I'm sure very few people would ever want to mess with her. Even more so if you consider the fact that she's Eduan's favorite child.

Lester

Lester

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,452 posts

Well wouldn't someone have to be stupid to pick a fight with her as well. She is in the top 100. If she's a thing like Jinsung, I'm sure very few people would ever want to mess with her. Even more so if you consider the fact that she's Eduan's favorite child.

Depends on who that someone is. There are certainly more people in the Tower capable of taking down Maschenny than would be the case for Enryu. Whether Ran has the potential to ever get to that level or not remains to be seen. Not likely though, considering what we've seen of him to this point.

Edited by Lester, 20 July 2014 - 04:23 PM.

Grincourt

Grincourt

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationItaly

Depends on who that someone is. There are certainly more people in the Tower capable of taking down Maschenny than would be the case for Enryu. Whether Ran has the potential to ever get to that level or not remains to be seen. Not likely though, considering what we've seen of him to this point.

True. There are plenty of people capable of taking her down, but I'm sure that they would have to not mind facing off against Koon Eduan at some point. If they don't mind that, then they're are good.

I agree about Ran. I'm sure he could be come a high ranker, but no where near Maschenny.

Isenduil

Isenduil

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • LocationWo ni be

Okay, maybe not clearly in the story, but SIU definitely mentioned that they were from outside the tower in the afterwards and High Ranker profiles and other blog posts. As for what he said about Baam being a guest, that was because only Irregulars visit the 1st floor - Haedon's floor, when they open the doors themselves. Regulars get teleported directly to the 2nd floor. So this would make Baam, who visited Haedon's floor, his guest. Plus Leroro (if I'm not mistaken) mentioned when he was explaining to Baam about the Irregulars that they force the doors of the Tower open, and somewhere in the story it was mentioned that only those chosen by the Tower itself could force the doors open. Baam was still in his cave chasing after Rachel. For some reason he couldn't leave in the first place. Rachel used to visit and before that he was completely alone with no way out. Even the only way he could see to leave he couldn't leave through it. So I think that the doors are in a place connected to his cave (maybe the cave is in the middle area?). Anyways SIU said that Rachel's story will be in the next episode, so we have to just wait until then.

Is that so? Well, ok, in that case i have to read thouse profiles again. Read them only once as the chapter came out. Know nothing anymore, only that Zahard is ranked as 3rd. Mmmh, true, you can see it that way too, but nevertheless he didnt say anything about Baam forcing the door to open its just him opening it. Maybe i see it too strictly and its not important at all. Yeah, i read that explanation from Lero Ro just some days ago. The part about the Tower choosing the Irregulars was said by Headon to Rachel before Baam came in. Thats why i said the Tower unlocked the door for Baam (or does it for all Irregulars cause they are special, like having an affinity to Shinsoo). He has or is something the Tower wants/needs. If he wouldnt have that, he could never have opened the door. Rachel knows it, so thats why its something you can see... or could. At least thats why i think the Irregulars made somehow contact to the Tower/Shinsoo and dont have any restrictions in using it. Its like it is their element and can freely use it.

Yeah, i´m really curious why Baam was in this cave and why he couldnt leave it, but Rachel could. Are thouse two siblings, some descendants of Zahard before he entered the tower (or shortly after), but Baam killed the parents for some reasons, lost memorys and Rachel sealed him in there? So they are real Prince and Princess? Kukukuku xD

I too belive he was still in his cave as he chased Rachel, but somehow i doubt that. Maybe because there was only one light but thouse two could run in this really really dark cave? Cant wait to see the story about Rachel. Should be quite something cause she said Baam took everything from her.

The rules we are talking about here are not admonstartive rules made up by rulers.. They are more like the laws of physics in our world, which cannot be broken. That Zahard and the Family Heads cannot be killed is an example of such rules, and so is the rule that limits the manipulation of Shinsoo by regulars to an extent. Those rules do not apply to Irregulars, and that's why Baam can manipulate Shinsoo freely, and why FUG wanted Baam, so that he would kill Zahard. This is as amazing to the people of the Tower as someone who breaks the rules of physics to us.

Yeah, you could say the rules are in a way like the physics. But because its fantasy and physics and shinsoo are not the same, i wouldnt cling that much on that ^^ Like i said before, it can be a restriction to the peoples in the tower but the Irregulars somehow can freely use it, the true form of Shinsoo. Yeah, the rules. I just wonder who all this said? The Floor Managers? Or did someone actually kill Zahard/Family Heads but they didnt die? Or came it into a rule cause of their insane strenght? So its more like a superstition than a rule? :D

Maihime

Maihime

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • LocationWhere I am right now
So...
Any idea if tC plan to release scripts or if this will be the end of their translation works?

BehindTheLighT

BehindTheLighT

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,847 posts
  • LocationItaly

Actually he says something about next week at the end(Which I couldn't understand with google translate)

He said he would post them this week and release the chapter next week before(In last week's blog post maybe?). And he didn't give a new date, so no change in his plans I guess?

well, from what I can understand from google trans, there are the words fix, serialization and next week, so I'm optimistic

I'm italian, so please excuse me if my english is not very good, feel free to correct me.

Kubera ITA

Maihime

Maihime

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • LocationWhere I am right now

Yeah, you could say the rules are in a way like the physics. But because its fantasy and physics and shinsoo are not the same, i wouldnt cling that much on that ^^ Like i said before, it can be a restriction to the peoples in the tower but the Irregulars somehow can freely use it, the true form of Shinsoo. Yeah, the rules. I just wonder who all this said? The Floor Managers? Or did someone actually kill Zahard/Family Heads but they didnt die? Or came it into a rule cause of their insane strenght? So its more like a superstition than a rule? :D

It was part of the contract that Zahard made with the guardian of 130th floor that made him king, and made him and the Heads immortals as long as they do their duties. It was mentioned in the profiles and blog posts.

man00ver

man00ver

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 72 posts

they need to fix it that a major plot point that was taken out

(Regarding the scene deletion in LINE s1.ch35)
I'd agree that the info-dump on shinsoo was quite delicious for ToG geeks like us, but many other chapters explain that controlling more bangs is the key to winning in combat. The detailed math-like concepts SIU started to establish in that class really come down to "my kung-fu is stronger." Quant used them to describe his self-limitations during the Hide-and-Seek game, but we don't really understand how they scale, and they really haven't popped up since.

As far as plot points in the missing scene, honestly they were mostly redundant and disposable. In other scenes, Laure talks about Baam's talent, Love talks about Baam's talent, Jinsung talks about Baam's talent, and even Ren himself remarks about Baam's talent during the secret call to his superior, during the Hide-and-Seek judging, and again during his "death rant" to Yuri.

In summary, it was a nice scene and I'd like to have it back, but the story doesn't "need" it. It's a little disturbing to have stuff removed without explanation though. Even an Exis can't change the story once written, right? :)

SanabriaDJosh

SanabriaDJosh

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts

So...
Any idea if tC plan to release scripts or if this will be the end of their translation works?

I hope their translation continues in form of scripts. Maybe its too hard to search by hand the coord in the naver webpages for every one of "speak bubble" so if they got an automatic tool that does it I think they sure will keep translating TOG

man00ver

man00ver

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 72 posts

I think Zahard's Princesses are expected to take care of themselves, pretty much. I don't imagine there'd be a problem with anyone winning a fair fight with one. Even within the Koon family, fights between children are pretty commonplace.

It could be an achievement too you know , like how Enryu killed a guardian , although it gave him a bad reputation but at the same time his power was acknowledged , if Ran succeedes killing Maschenny , he could gain an achievement too and rank higher.

Yeah. He'd probably become very famous.

To bad the chances of him ever beating her is like 0.01%

You can't really support that statement, Grincourt. Ran already fought and impressed Machenny when he was young. As an E-rank regular he's using her techniques already, and can swallow the lightning pill without dying. A.A. said Ran's one of the most talented in the family, and he's not even a ranker yet. We have much less info about Machenny's combat abilities, other than a blog-post suggestion that she was part of the mission to take down Enne/Garam (and it's not like she took care of that on her own; even Zahard himself is rumored to have gotten involved). Ran seems like a baby monster, and it's not unimaginable that he might easily clean Machenny's clock when he grows up.

Edited by man00ver, 20 July 2014 - 06:26 PM.

Grincourt

Grincourt

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationItaly

I think Zahard's Princesses are expected to take care of themselves, pretty much. I don't imagine there'd be a problem with anyone winning a fair fight with one. Even within the Koon family, fights between children are pretty commonplace. You can't really support that statement, Grincourt. Ran already fought and impressed Machenny when he was young. As an E-rank regular he's using her techniques already, and can swallow the lightning pill without dying. A.A. said Ran's one of the most talented in the family, and he's not even a ranker yet. We have much less info about Machenny's combat abilities, other than a blog-post suggestion that she was part of the mission to take down Enne/Garam (and it's not like she took care of that on her own; even Zahard himself is rumored to have gotten involved). Ran seems like a baby monster, and it's not unimaginable that he might easily clean Machenny's clock when he grows up.

Lol Wut ?

I doubt Maschenny was even trying when she "fought " him. And just because he can use her techniques doesn't mean much. SIU already said no one can use her technique like she can.

Just because he's a little talented doesn't mean he'll clean her clock. Also Ran is the most talented regular in the Kuhn family, not the family as a whole.

Maschenny is Zahard princess, who also a daughter of a great family head and is ranked in the top 100. I'm sure Ran would never defeat her. Just because he was able to beat Anak doesn't mean much.

I think you're underestimating her a bit too much saying Ran may one day " easily clean her clock ". Besides Ran might not even become a ranker.

Edited by Grincourt, 20 July 2014 - 06:43 PM.

salvatore

salvatore

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 6,875 posts
  • LocationEarth

Before beating Maschenny , he should have the potential of beating people like Androssi or Yuri , and which i doubt he can , when he's having hard time with halfs .  

Edited by salvatore, 20 July 2014 - 06:59 PM.

Alraisen

Alraisen

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 589 posts
  • LocationProbably not here.

I remember he said it on Twitter (you can see if you go to his twitter. But, you know, there were two dates that weren't so at the end. 

Spoiler

http://i.imgur.com/FZox7ZH.gif

Spoiler

gus

gus

Couch Potato

• tC Donator
  • 2,335 posts

either way I'm excited to see the return of the series

i just hope it not like the Emile prologue

Edited by gus, 20 July 2014 - 07:25 PM.

m5siUe7.jpg?1

BehindTheLighT

BehindTheLighT

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,847 posts
  • LocationItaly

I remember he said it on Twitter (you can see if you go to his twitter. But, you know, there were two dates that weren't so at the end. 

no no, it is in the blogpost of today. After what RWF translated, there was another line

I'm italian, so please excuse me if my english is not very good, feel free to correct me.

Kubera ITA