Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Hiatus discussions

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2219 replies to this topic

Dr.Cheese

Dr.Cheese

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,454 posts
  • Locationbathroom

What? There are more differences, other than that panel in the Mad Dog fight?

Maybe if someone has the time to read all the chapters carefully. I leave it in your capable hands.

The Hero Appears! The Hero Appears! The Hero Appears!

Spoiler

Banned User

Banned User

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 42 posts
Wait, why was ToG removed again?

Posted Image

Sangios

Sangios

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationHarusame's 7th Division

Maybe if someone has the time to read all the chapters carefully. I leave it in your capable hands.

I guess I could go through and check tomorrow. I probably won't get through too many chapters though, because my hands are full with other stuff. (Fanffffiiiiicsss)  :P

Best pairing:

Spoiler

DassJennir

DassJennir

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 50 posts

To anyone interested you can use DomDomSoft Manga Downloader to grab the chapters from online reader sites. Just go to the kickass torrents site and download the software.

I used it to download all ToG chapters as soon as i heard about the naver issue.

Edited by DassJennir, 20 July 2014 - 06:38 AM.

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 3,395 posts

You know, for some reason, we all aren't surprised enough (myself included) that there are actual differences in the PANELS, and not just the translation. If it's the authors' intent to improve on the original or fix mistakes, then that's great, but if it's not, I'd be kinda ticked off. >.<

Probably something like 'director's edit' with movies I guess?

man00ver

man00ver

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 72 posts

What? There are more differences, other than that panel in the Mad Dog fight?

Besides the extra scene in Androssi vs. Varagrav, the other big difference I noticed was in s2.c17: there were no extra panels, but the LINE version rearranged the chapter so that all of the top-floor events were grouped together at the end. Originally, the Mule/Viole fight scene was placed in the middle of the chapter, bracketed by the events with Prince, Yihwa, and the possession drink. It was probably an editorial change to improve continuity with the ending of the previous chapter.

P.S. I just re-read a post by cas1, who also pointed out on the Proofread thread that a huge chunk was erased from s1.ch35 in the LINE version. The original version had a whole segment of Wave Controller class describing shinsoo mechanics and combat with multiple bangs, during which instructor Yuga acknowledges Baam's super-genius talent, and we see more of Ho's insecurity. All that got nicked, probably to avoid translation and description headaches over "bang," "myun," and "soo," if I had to guess, since these details don't seem to get referenced much later on. Yuga/Ren's appreciation of Baam's abilities and Ho's jealousy are established in other scenes, too.

Edited by man00ver, 20 July 2014 - 08:14 AM.

Isenduil

Isenduil

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • LocationWo ni be

If you define irregulars, then you would say that they are those who are not regulars, and if you define regulars, then you would say that they are those who are chosen by Haedon from the Tower to climb the Inner Tower. In other words, if you define irregulars again, you can say that they are those who were not chosen by Haedon to climb the Tower, but opened the doors of the Inner Tower themselves and forced their way in. This doesn't necessarily mean that they are only from outside the Tower; they can be from inside the Tower itself but were not chosen by Haedon to climb the Inner Tower. That would explain why Rachel hadn't seen the stars before, and the Three Eyes symbol on the walls of Baam's cave. As for Zahard, the Family Heads, Urek and Phantaminum, they were clearly stated to have come from outside the Tower.

Yeah, thats clear. Regulars = chosen by Headon, Irregulars = not chosen by him. I know that Urek and Phantaminum are from the outside. About Enryuu..... i dont know anymore ^^ Where was it written Zahard + Family Heads came from the outside too? If, then i cant remember that anymore. About the definition of Irregulars entering the tower.... I dont know if i should trust that. Why? Headon himself called Baam a "guest" and someone "who opened the door himself", not forced. Thats a small but big difference. To me it means the Tower unlocked the door for Baam and all he needed to do was to open it, just like Headon said. Others tried that too but the door was locked to them cause they lacked the "speciality" for the tower. As Baam was chasing Rachel in the first chapter he was outside his cave, so shouldnt he have seen the fake sky? Cause i dont think he is just outside to chase Rachel. He was longer outside his cave. In the floor of tests he spoke to Koon like he saw them the very first time.... I really think those two are from the wall, or the world between the Tower and the outside where not even a fake sky is.

As to how Haedon knew that Baam would be coming and has been waiting for him, then it would make sense if Baam was someone important (obvious to most fans because of the Three Eyes symbol on the walls of his cave, regardless of his real identity), and so Haedon knew of his existence and that sooner or later he would force the doors open by himself to climb the Tower, and so has been waiting for him. In Rachel's case, once he saw her he told her that she was not qualified to climb the tower and that she wasn't whom he had been waiting for, and so he might not have been waiting for her like he was for Baam. Let's not forget that the one who opened the door for Rachel was Baam, and that she didn't open them by herself.

Well, its obvious that he was waiting for Baam, but what i ask is, why he waited just this moment for him and wasnt looking for worthy Regulars like he always does, unless he really can teleport himself.... Seeing the first chapter again, Baam was teleported inside the tower too.... So, yeah, i guess he can ^^ The case about Rachel is clear. There is nothing to argue about how she used Baam to enter the Tower.

As to the irregular's ability to manipulate the Shinsoo freely, it is part of their The-Rules-Of-The-Tower-Do-Not-Apply-On-Irregulars abilities, which it would make sense that they gain by opening the doors of the Inner Tower by themselves, not only coming in while not being chosen by Headon, though they still gain the presence of an irregular..

Right, there was that too. And there too i dont trust that fully. Sounds like the half story only. So, its not a lie that rule, but not the full truth either. The No-Rule-For-Irregulars is certainly a rule itself. Like the last point of a long list saying "Thouse points dont apply to Irregulars". That may be why the whole Tower doesnt search actively for them and tries to kill them. At least Baam should really have been killed in 2nd Floor if that would have been the case, i think. Could be Zahard + Family Heads changed the rule a bit so it fits them for whatever needs they have. So it sounds different, but the real rule stays unchanged, just unknown to the other people in the Tower.

salvatore

salvatore

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 6,875 posts
  • LocationEarth

P.S. I just re-read a post by cas1, who also pointed out on the Proofread thread that a huge chunk was erased from s1.ch35 in the LINE version. The original version had a whole segment of Wave Controller class describing shinsoo mechanics and combat with multiple bangs, during which instructor Yuga acknowledges Baam's super-genius talent, and we see more of Ho's insecurity. All that got nicked, probably to avoid translation and description headaches over "bang," "myun," and "soo," if I had to guess, since these details don't seem to get referenced much later on. Yuga/Ren's appreciation of Baam's abilities and Ho's jealousy are established in other scenes, too.

Oh! you're right  , checked it and that whole wave controller class scene is missing, i wonder what kind of version they have , do they even realize the big difference? ,

Well , i guess they will find out in the future , right now i bet their hands are full and even have difficult on correcting the translation errors .

Edited by salvatore, 20 July 2014 - 08:42 AM.

Maihime

Maihime

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • LocationWhere I am right now

Yeah, thats clear. Regulars = chosen by Headon, Irregulars = not chosen by him. I know that Urek and Phantaminum are from the outside. About Enryuu..... i dont know anymore ^^ Where was it written Zahard + Family Heads came from the outside too? If, then i cant remember that anymore. About the definition of Irregulars entering the tower.... I dont know if i should trust that. Why? Headon himself called Baam a "guest" and someone "who opened the door himself", not forced. Thats a small but big difference. To me it means the Tower unlocked the door for Baam and all he needed to do was to open it, just like Headon said. Others tried that too but the door was locked to them cause they lacked the "speciality" for the tower. As Baam was chasing Rachel in the first chapter he was outside his cave, so shouldnt he have seen the fake sky? Cause i dont think he is just outside to chase Rachel. He was longer outside his cave. In the floor of tests he spoke to Koon like he saw them the very first time.... I really think those two are from the wall, or the world between the Tower and the outside where not even a fake sky is.

Okay, maybe not clearly in the story, but SIU definitely mentioned that they were from outside the tower in the afterwards and High Ranker profiles and other blog posts. As for what he said about Baam being a guest, that was because only Irregulars visit the 1st floor - Haedon's floor, when they open the doors themselves. Regulars get teleported directly to the 2nd floor. So this would make Baam, who visited Haedon's floor, his guest. Plus Leroro (if I'm not mistaken) mentioned when he was explaining to Baam about the Irregulars that they force the doors of the Tower open, and somewhere in the story it was mentioned that only those chosen by the Tower itself could force the doors open. Baam was still in his cave chasing after Rachel. For some reason he couldn't leave in the first place. Rachel used to visit and before that he was completely alone with no way out. Even the only way he could see to leave he couldn't leave through it. So I think that the doors are in a place connected to his cave (maybe the cave is in the middle area?). Anyways SIU said that Rachel's story will be in the next episode, so we have to just wait until then.

Well, its obvious that he was waiting for Baam, but what i ask is, why he waited just this moment for him and wasnt looking for worthy Regulars like he always does, unless he really can teleport himself.... Seeing the first chapter again, Baam was teleported inside the tower too.... So, yeah, i guess he can ^^ The case about Rachel is clear. There is nothing to argue about how she used Baam to enter the Tower.

Yeah, Haedon can teleport. You can find that out from Horyang's story.

Right, there was that too. And there too i dont trust that fully. Sounds like the half story only. So, its not a lie that rule, but not the full truth either. The No-Rule-For-Irregulars is certainly a rule itself. Like the last point of a long list saying "Thouse points dont apply to Irregulars". That may be why the whole Tower doesnt search actively for them and tries to kill them. At least Baam should really have been killed in 2nd Floor if that would have been the case, i think. Could be Zahard + Family Heads changed the rule a bit so it fits them for whatever needs they have. So it sounds different, but the real rule stays unchanged, just unknown to the other people in the Tower.

The rules we are talking about here are not admonstartive rules made up by rulers.. They are more like the laws of physics in our world, which cannot be broken. That Zahard and the Family Heads cannot be killed is an example of such rules, and so is the rule that limits the manipulation of Shinsoo by regulars to an extent. Those rules do not apply to Irregulars, and that's why Baam can manipulate Shinsoo freely, and why FUG wanted Baam, so that he would kill Zahard. This is as amazing to the people of the Tower as someone who breaks the rules of physics to us.

Edited by Maihime, 20 July 2014 - 10:41 AM.

shonryukku

shonryukku

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 433 posts
  • Locationnyc

Okay, maybe not clearly in the story, but SIU definitely mentioned that they were from outside the tower in the afterwards and High Ranker prifiles and other blogposts 

i feel like you meant to put something here

The mark of greatness is when everything before you is obsolete and everything after you bears your mark
Posted Image

Tessel

Tessel

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

I woke up with a brutal thought today. what if someone released a compression weapon inside a person :o

oh god the blood

shonryukku

shonryukku

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 433 posts
  • Locationnyc

I woke up with a brutal thought today. what if someone released a compression weapon inside a person :o

oh god the blood

i can see that thought running through your avatars mind

The mark of greatness is when everything before you is obsolete and everything after you bears your mark
Posted Image

salvatore

salvatore

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 6,875 posts
  • LocationEarth

Gossips are out , a lot of Rak and his banana today xD

BehindTheLighT

BehindTheLighT

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,847 posts
  • LocationItaly

one of those is about anak and leeso, interesting

I'm italian, so please excuse me if my english is not very good, feel free to correct me.

Kubera ITA

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 3,395 posts
  1. Ran had a battle against Maschenny when he was young. She said he will be a good warrior. He have decided killing her would be his last goal if he becomes a ranker.

2. A.A. have quite strong political power and relationships in his family.

3. His bloodtype is B. (Following some bloodtype personality bs. Kinda similar to astrology. B usually means hotblooded/full of ideas.)

4. Wharyun likes her eyepatch actually.

5. Rak loves banana, but have trouble peeling it.

6. Also he hates Quatro because his bananas were burned for being yellow.

7. Ewha can now control her fire to the point of cooking vegetables. But still can make mistakes.

8. Dan's recover is almost over and can run fast for short duration, but not freely as he used to.

9. Endrosi named Hatz's pipe as 'Crazy'

10. Anak knows Shibisu's past a bit, and its part of reason why she climbs with him.

(And yeah, I am going to follow LINE names from now on, though I might mix up now and then.)

Edited by Random-Webtoon-Fan, 20 July 2014 - 02:22 PM.

BehindTheLighT

BehindTheLighT

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,847 posts
  • LocationItaly

ahahah XD you shifted to the new names RWF XD

1 and 10 are interesting. 1 explains why Ran is so eager to pick fights with anak

I'm italian, so please excuse me if my english is not very good, feel free to correct me.

Kubera ITA

gus

gus

Couch Potato

• tC Donator
  • 2,335 posts

they need to fix it that a major plot point that was taken out

m5siUe7.jpg?1

salvatore

salvatore

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 6,875 posts
  • LocationEarth

Shibusu sounds cool name imo . 

Btw Ran's goal lol , what if Mascheny killed one of his biological sister .

Inkor

Inkor

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts

Thanks RWF.

Does he say anything about ToG returning next week?

Alraisen

Alraisen

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 589 posts
  • LocationProbably not here.

Thanks RWF.

Does he say anything about ToG returning next week?

He didn't and, I don't want to say it, but, if he post some gossips this week, it could be so the fans don't get too desperated when he doesn't upload chapter next week.

I know, I know, it was meant to be a weekly thing, but we all know by now that it wasn't like that.

I would be as happy as everyone if the series start the next week, as it seems another week wouldn't heal SIU's wrists, but if he thinks he needs another week more, well, we can only hope the return is worth it :) .

Spoiler

http://i.imgur.com/FZox7ZH.gif

Spoiler