Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Hiatus discussions

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2219 replies to this topic

Blue Flaming Wings

Blue Flaming Wings

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 358 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

I'm sorry to interrupt the ongoing discussion like this. But I have to know: what's going on with ToG? It's been about two months instead of one, has something come up which has made SiU delay? If so, when is the hiatus expected to end now?

Because I've gotten tired of people trying to hire me to write ...

Deviate

Deviate

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • LocationStill stuck on the 20th floor
Expect TOG on the 27 or sometime in August if SIU still feels he needs more time

Blue Flaming Wings

Blue Flaming Wings

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 358 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

August? Okay. Just wanted to have a set deadline to look out for.

Thanks!

Because I've gotten tired of people trying to hire me to write ...

Maihime

Maihime

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • LocationWhere I am right now

August? Okay. Just wanted to have a set deadline to look out for.

Thanks!

SIU said most likely 28th of July (27th for us international readers), but if he felt he needed more time, then by the 4th of August..

salvatore

salvatore

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 6,875 posts
  • LocationEarth

Just one more week and we're already there . 

PogoLamp

PogoLamp

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 265 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

ToG is on longer on the ranking. 

NoKoon

NoKoon

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 279 posts
  • LocationHell

anybody watch the leftovers on HBO? its real interesting

2ih0c9f.jpg

salvatore

salvatore

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 6,875 posts
  • LocationEarth

ToG is on longer on the ranking. 

Yes , just saw it . 

All Tc translated chapters were also put down . 

Luckily , i downloaded all of them long time ago  . haha

Sangios

Sangios

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationHarusame's 7th Division

Yes , just saw it . 

All Tc translated chapters were also put down . 

Luckily , i downloaded all of them long time ago  . haha

NOOOOOO! I should've downloaded them earlier! I didn't think this would happen so soon... I'm sad. :(

Best pairing:

Spoiler

salvatore

salvatore

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 6,875 posts
  • LocationEarth

NOOOOOO! I should've downloaded them earlier! I didn't think this would happen so soon... I'm sad. :(

Well , you could maybe find on Company's site , if they hadn't also removed it there , you could download from this site 

http://starkana.com/manga/T/Tower_of_God_(Manhwa)

Edited by salvatore, 19 July 2014 - 02:06 AM.

Baked Gnome

Baked Gnome

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 384 posts

crap! didn't dowload all of them! 

someone please SHARE. I need them for private use!

Well , you could maybe find on Company's site , if they hadn't also removed it there , you could download from this site 

thanks dude.

Edited by Baked Gnome, 19 July 2014 - 02:58 AM.

Sangios

Sangios

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,800 posts

You're the best!

Best pairing:

Spoiler

NoKoon

NoKoon

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 279 posts
  • LocationHell

wow thats actually really irritating.. they need to let theCompany just do there thing... seriously WTH.. all over translations SUCK even the crap on LINE. this is real BS right now

Edited by NoKoon, 19 July 2014 - 04:05 AM.

2ih0c9f.jpg

Xagnam

Xagnam

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 967 posts
  • LocationTartarus

I have a feeling future discussions concerning Tower of God will be difficult.

For instance, new readers versus experienced readers of the series.

• Will they have read the Naver translated versions or the versions translated by the fans (theCompany and whatnot)? Conversations need to be approached with that information beforehand.
  • Will there be misunderstandings concerning the naming schemes and flow of content that we are so used to versus what they have just learned? Clearly some of us may stubbornly used the names we're used to compared to others.
  • Will we tell them not to enjoy what Naver is providing them, or tell them what is suitable instead? This is going to be the tough one.

Frankly, this is going to give many of us a headache...

XrO2U3z.png

Let us connect our hearts into One.

BehindTheLighT

BehindTheLighT

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,847 posts
  • LocationItaly

such a big deal, when tog is one of the few up to date... think of us poor kubera fans XD

I'm italian, so please excuse me if my english is not very good, feel free to correct me.

Kubera ITA

Isenduil

Isenduil

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • LocationWo ni be

Damit it. Reading the 77 chapter again gives me some headache.

How Headon knew Baam is coming. And not just some seconds. I think its way longer. Cause he is going through the outer tower looking for worthy Regulars. And just as Baam (or Rachel) come in he is already waiting? Does he have a teleportation skill? Wouldnt be suprised if there is a really old legend about an irregular and Headon knows this one...

What else i´m starting to belive is that Baam, Rachel and Zahard + 10 Familyheads are from the "4th part of the tower". One which has no connection (Or just one, almost impossible to find. Even Guides dont know about that) to the inside of the tower. The wall of the tower. Like everything of the tower, its big too. Well, would explain to me why Headon knew what kind of human Rachel is, cause he knows everything about the people in the tower. which again is why he chooses the Regulars. Or he just has the ability to immediatelly feel what kind of person is before him.

Well, why i think that that they are from the 4th area 1. Rachel talks about stars as a legend. So there is no sky where she lived. But she knows about the tower, so someone from insinde must have told the story or it goes way back to the time as the tower was build.... or started to grow... who knows 2. The Symbol of Zahard in Baams cave. If it isnt just a coincidence, then you could think they come from there too. Also, i havent heard anything about them talking of the outside world.

Shinsoo. I think this is the tower itself, just nobody (maybe only the floor managers) knows it. Irregulars are thouse who somehow made a connection to it from the outside, which is of course outstanding and thus, for some unknown reason, the shinsoo allowed/chose them to come inside. And because the shinsoo chose the irregulars itself, it is not just lending them the ability to use it, it is helping them. Maybe thats why the shinsoo attacked Hwa Ryun and even cut Mazino a bit. And why Irregulars are so damn strong. Well, yes. According to that it would mean in the 4th area, the wall, there isnt any shinsoo. The Tower just doesnt want to "bleed" it out, so it needs a good "skin". Also, Baam, Rachel & Co didnt know anything about/could use shinsoo at first.

Well..... Had the sudden urge to write this down and share it : O

Maihime

Maihime

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • LocationWhere I am right now

Damit it. Reading the 77 chapter again gives me some headache.

How Headon knew Baam is coming. And not just some seconds. I think its way longer. Cause he is going through the outer tower looking for worthy Regulars. And just as Baam (or Rachel) come in he is already waiting? Does he have a teleportation skill? Wouldnt be suprised if there is a really old legend about an irregular and Headon knows this one...

What else i´m starting to belive is that Baam, Rachel and Zahard + 10 Familyheads are from the "4th part of the tower". One which has no connection (Or just one, almost impossible to find. Even Guides dont know about that) to the inside of the tower. The wall of the tower. Like everything of the tower, its big too. Well, would explain to me why Headon knew what kind of human Rachel is, cause he knows everything about the people in the tower. which again is why he chooses the Regulars. Or he just has the ability to immediatelly feel what kind of person is before him.
Well, why i think that that they are from the 4th area 1. Rachel talks about stars as a legend. So there is no sky where she lived. But she knows about the tower, so someone from insinde must have told the story or it goes way back to the time as the tower was build.... or started to grow... who knows 2. The Symbol of Zahard in Baams cave. If it isnt just a coincidence, then you could think they come from there too. Also, i havent heard anything about them talking of the outside world.

Shinsoo. I think this is the tower itself, just nobody (maybe only the floor managers) knows it. Irregulars are thouse who somehow made a connection to it from the outside, which is of course outstanding and thus, for some unknown reason, the shinsoo allowed/chose them to come inside. And because the shinsoo chose the irregulars itself, it is not just lending them the ability to use it, it is helping them. Maybe thats why the shinsoo attacked Hwa Ryun and even cut Mazino a bit. And why Irregulars are so damn strong. Well, yes. According to that it would mean in the 4th area, the wall, there isnt any shinsoo. The Tower just doesnt want to "bleed" it out, so it needs a good "skin". Also, Baam, Rachel & Co didnt know anything about/could use shinsoo at first.

Well..... Had the sudden urge to write this down and share it : O

If you define irregulars, then you would say that they are those who are not regulars, and if you define regulars, then you would say that they are those who are chosen by Haedon from the Tower to climb the Inner Tower. In other words, if you define irregulars again, you can say that they are those who were not chosen by Haedon to climb the Tower, but opened the doors of the Inner Tower themselves and forced their way in. This doesn't necessarily mean that they are only from outside the Tower; they can be from inside the Tower itself but were not chosen by Haedon to climb the Inner Tower. That would explain why Rachel hadn't seen the stars before, and the Three Eyes symbol on the walls of Baam's cave. As for Zahard, the Family Heads, Urek and Phantaminum, they were clearly stated to have come from outside the Tower.

As to how Haedon knew that Baam would be coming and has been waiting for him, then it would make sense if Baam was someone important (obvious to most fans because of the Three Eyes symbol on the walls of his cave, regardless of his real identity), and so Haedon knew of his existence and that sooner or later he would force the doors open by himself to climb the Tower, and so has been waiting for him. In Rachel's case, once he saw her he told her that she was not qualified to climb the tower and that she wasn't whom he had been waiting for, and so he might not have been waiting for her like he was for Baam. Let's not forget that the one who opened the door for Rachel was Baam, and that she didn't open them by herself.

As to the irregular's ability to manipulate the Shinsoo freely, it is part of their The-Rules-Of-The-Tower-Do-Not-Apply-On-Irregulars abilities, which it would make sense that they gain by opening the doors of the Inner Tower by themselves, not only coming in while not being chosen by Headon, though they still gain the presence of an irregular..

Edited by Maihime, 19 July 2014 - 11:48 PM.

LePhenom

LePhenom

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 52 posts

Is there a full list somewhere of all name changes?

themantarays

themantarays

~A Majestic Ray of Light in the Dark of the Internet~ ☼_☼

• Comic Mods
  • 1,933 posts

You know, for some reason, we all aren't surprised enough (myself included) that there are actual differences in the PANELS, and not just the translation. If it's the authors' intent to improve on the original or fix mistakes, then that's great, but if it's not, I'd be kinda ticked off. >.<

Edited by ♫The Manta Rays-Alright!, 20 July 2014 - 05:42 AM.

Sangios

Sangios

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,800 posts

You know, for some reason, we all aren't surprised enough (myself included) that there are actual differences in the PANELS, and not just the translation. If it's the authors' intent to improve on the original or fix mistakes, then that's great, but if it's not, I'd be kinda ticked off. >.<

What? There are more differences, other than that panel in the Mad Dog fight?

Best pairing:

Spoiler