Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Hiatus discussions

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2219 replies to this topic

ManForAllSeasons

ManForAllSeasons

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • LocationHow can mirrors be real if our eyes aren't real?

My taste then , i prefer strategies more than the brute ,

Thanks

If you haven't yet read The Ravages of Time, then you just must. No arguing :o. It also details the Three Kingdoms period and it follows several characters (mostly Sima Yi).

The art is beautiful and the gambit pileup is just INSANE. I'm not kidding. The characters in this manga are just incredibly intelligent! If you like strategies (both political and in warfare) then give this a try.

As how i will deal with my TOG withdrawals... games n stuff I guess. Mostly Baldurs Gate and Crusader Kings II, I reckon.

Blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

Fairy King Harlequin

Fairy King Harlequin

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,170 posts

Dreamland http://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/dreamland-r315 is a good pick-up, inspired by one-piece and if you get pass the art it's a wonderful story.

Edited by Sho'Nuff, 11 May 2014 - 06:33 PM.

Raleader

Raleader

Potato

• Members
  • 167 posts

Dreamland http://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/dreamland-r315 is a good pick-up, inspired by one-piece and if you get pass the art it's a wonderful story.

whats wrong with the art from dreamland??

sadly, thre have been no releases for a while, but there are plenty of frencg raws...

Middle Finger Of Arlen

Middle Finger Of Arlen

Russet Potato

• Donator
  • 259 posts
  • LocationUnder a Rock w/ a good wifi signal

1 week down many to go, I just kept smacking my head against the wall till I felt sleepy, Then when I awoke I did it again, and look 1 week gone already, YEA!!!!!

I am afraid if I continue this regimen that when Siu comes back I will be of the same mentality as God of LoL and that is a quite frightening prospect.  Has the suicide rate spiked today?  Boy oh Boy this straight jacket sure is comfy......................... ok Im tired of typing with my nose, I think its sleepy time again

:batoto_020: :batoto_010:

God of LoL

God of LoL

Sweet Potato

• Members
  • 10,556 posts
  • LocationIn the Bato.cave.

1 week down many to go, I just kept smacking my head against the wall till I felt sleepy, Then when I awoke I did it again, and look 1 week gone already, YEA!!!!!

I am afraid if I continue this regimen that when Siu comes back I will be of the same mentality as God of LoL and that is a quite frightening prospect.  Has the suicide rate spiked today?  Boy oh Boy this straight jacket sure is comfy......................... ok Im tired of typing with my nose, I think its sleepy time again

:batoto_020: :batoto_010:

Son, after some time, you will realize that it is not you that spikes the suicide rate... It is the suicide rate that spikes YOU.

When you come to terms with that and the idiocy that is suicide, you will come to true terms with your nature.

Do not fear insanity. Do not suffer from it. Embrace it. Enjoy it.

Make it your own.

Only then you will realize what being the owner of yourself truly means.

But until then, I have but one question for you...

What is it that you desire?

kfi6l.jpg

Middle Finger Of Arlen

Middle Finger Of Arlen

Russet Potato

• Donator
  • 259 posts

Son, after some time, you will realize that it is not you that spikes the suicide rate... It is the suicide rate that spikes YOU.

When you come to terms with that and the idiocy that is suicide, you will come to true terms with your nature.

Make it your own.

I want all flavors of M&M's to come in M&M Minis not just original plain.  Is it too much to ask of this God forsaken world.  They make 20 different sizes of buttwipe and paper towels as well, they even give you choices in milk and Doritos.  Is God giving me the middle finger? Must I smite my God and turn to the dark side?  Surely The Dark One will hear my pleas,  Oh God of LoL, the Supreme Evil in this world hear my pleas, I beg you, I will gladly accept a life of depravity if you will answer my pleas.

shonryukku

shonryukku

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 433 posts
  • Locationnyc

today is so empty think I'm gonna clean then go to church

The mark of greatness is when everything before you is obsolete and everything after you bears your mark
Posted Image

God of LoL

God of LoL

Sweet Potato

• Members
  • 10,556 posts

today is so empty think I'm gonna clean then go to church

When you say clean, do you mean clean or... "clean"...

kfi6l.jpg

Middle Finger Of Arlen

Middle Finger Of Arlen

Russet Potato

• Donator
  • 259 posts

When you say clean, do you mean clean or... "clean"...

I think he meant "clean" especially if he plans to enter a church afterwards

God of LoL

God of LoL

Sweet Potato

• Members
  • 10,556 posts

I think he meant "clean" especially if he plans to enter a church afterwards

Shonryukku: "Forgive me, padre, for I'm about to sin."
Priest: "What have you done, child?"
Shonryukku: "I will have killed, padre."
Priest: "Why have you killed, child? Was it spite? Avarice? Wrath?"
Shonryukku: "None, padre. It will be simple indifference. A simple need for the thrill of the hunt, a simple need to feel as if I conquered; Powerful, overwhelming, terrifying. To instill fear with but a stare."
Priest: "Who is it that you have killed?"
Shonryukku: "Not have. Will have."
Priest: "Child?"
Shonryukku: "Arrivederci, padre."
*BANG*

kfi6l.jpg

themantarays

themantarays

~A Majestic Ray of Light in the Dark of the Internet~ ☼_☼

• Comic Mods
  • 1,933 posts

Com' on~ Ya know I'm just playing with ya! :D

Hey, birdie, I have a question for you.

Do Koreans tend to give similar names to their kids?

In the webcomic The Gamer, there are two characters named:

• Hwan Sung-Ah. (The daughter)
  • Hwan Sung-Gon. (The father)

I ask because of the whole "Hwa Ryun" "Baek Ryun" thing and since you, our great avian overlord with his endless knowledge knows a lot more about Korean culture than my feeble mind could ever comprehend... Yeah...

(Although Hwa Ryun is technically not a Korean...)

As somebody who went to school with a brother and sister named Young-min and Young-shin, I second this question.

Middle Finger Of Arlen

Middle Finger Of Arlen

Russet Potato

• Donator
  • 259 posts

yea well I went to school with a Bob and a Jim-Bob, so I will 3rd it.  Now that nice and thoughtful bird will either answer it or give us the Avian Flu

Actually I made that up, I just want to know the answer

Yes I know the names dont follow a pattern, geez I'm not a Billy Bob

Edited by Middle Finger Of Arlen, 11 May 2014 - 11:40 PM.

3feet

3feet

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 43 posts

anybody know when SIU will be doing his gossips or is it one of those things that will be at random.  I'm fiending over here

walker of the vast

walker of the vast

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • Locationerror! -- cannot compute -- error!

whats wrong with the art from dreamland??

sadly, thre have been no releases for a while, but there are plenty of frencg raws...

actually, i think people are just not translating it, i do believe that there are more than 100 chapters already published

Make it your own.

why do you think my signature is about insanity?

Edited by walker of the vast, 12 May 2014 - 12:45 AM.

do not worry about insanity
to try to be normal is insanity, so please

JUST BE YOURSELF

ps embrace your insanity, life will be easier

on second thought, remain reasonable while accepting your inner insanity for what it is.

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 3,395 posts

Com' on~ Ya know I'm just playing with ya! :D

Hey, birdie, I have a question for you.
Do Koreans tend to give similar names to their kids?
In the webcomic The Gamer, there are two characters named:

• Hwan Sung-Ah. (The daughter)
  • Hwan Sung-Gon. (The father)
I ask because of the whole "Hwa Ryun" "Baek Ryun" thing and since you, our great avian overlord with his endless knowledge knows a lot more about Korean culture than my feeble mind could ever comprehend... Yeah...
(Although Hwa Ryun is technically not a Korean...)

As somebody who went to school with a brother and sister named Young-min and Young-shin, I second this question.

yea well I went to school with a Bob and a Jim-Bob, so I will 3rd it.  Now that nice and thoughtful bird will either answer it or give us the Avian Flu

Actually I made that up, I just want to know the answer

Yes I know the names dont follow a pattern, geez I'm not a Billy Bob

Actually parent and children having similar name is taboo, of some sort. Can't find much on 'why' though. (Probably some Confuciusm thing I did not hear because I slept in history class.)

But when it comes to siblings, it is common for them to share a letter(syllable in Eng). Some families used to have 'generation letter'' that rotated every 4-5 generation that was given to alll of sibling of same generation.

sorry, this is just to confusing to explain, expacially in English where culture is so different. I suggest finding other sources to answer this.

Middle Finger Of Arlen

Middle Finger Of Arlen

Russet Potato

• Donator
  • 259 posts

Actually parent and children having similar name is taboo, of some sort. Can't find much on 'why' though. (Probably some Confuciusm thing I did not hear because I slept in history class.)

But when it comes to siblings, it is common for them to share a letter(syllable in Eng). Some families used to have 'generation letter'' that rotated every 4-5 generation that was given to alll of sibling of same generation.

sorry, this is just to confusing to explain, expacially in English where culture is so different. I suggest finding other sources to answer this.

no you explained it well enough to satisfy me, Thank you, good bird.  I doubt your explanation will be enough for that jerk GoL, watch out for him, I heard he picked up his bird hunting license the other day

Rant

Rant

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • LocationHidden Floor

Off White has tourned out to be very interesting

I have alwavs found that Angels have the vanity to speak of themselves as the Only Wise. This they do with a confident insolence sprouting from systematic reasoning.
W.B

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 3,395 posts
Btw, there is a new fav-ToG-Char contest going in Cafe. I will ask the staff(mod)s for permission to upload the results.

Paper

Paper

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 498 posts
  • LocationStaring at an abyss that refuses to stare back

Oooh, so many good ones...

I see Knight Run hasn't been mentioned yet. It's like Starship Troopers, Mass Effect, Halo, and Star Wars, all wrapped up in a nifty action space opera. It's tragic though, and has a really good (bitter sweet) ending. Lots of Harsher In Hindsight.

Dresden Codak is a western webcomic with inconsistent, lengthy updates, but the art is really nice to look at. Offers plenty of whimsical humor regarding science and transhumanist philosophy.

A Fairytale for the Demon Lord provides an interesting well-drawn story of a knight and the princess he looks after. Has one of the coolest loop twists I've ever encountered. Lots of Odin.

Deadman Wonderland is a manga about a male middle schooler framed for the murder of his entire class and sent to the titular prison built like a theme park. I'm not good at summarizing things, but it's a well done tragic tale, where Break The Cutie occurs again and again. Series is almost done.

Gone with the Blast Wave is another western webcomic, this one is a post-apocalyptic humorous tale of two infantrymen (a sniper and pyro) lost in a bombed out city. It's a three way fight between the Red, Blue, and Yellow factions. Very deadpan humor. The comic itself used to be dead, but is now back to a consistent (monthly) release schedule.

Franken Fran. Another manga, this one is what I'd imagine would compose a med student's nightmares. It's very, very dark humor, with lots of tragic irony. Pretty much follows the exploits of a frankenstein-like surgeon, who will keep you alive at any cost, whether you want it or not. Completed series.

One-Punch Man. A manga that pokes fun at all the superhero cliches. Follows the life of Saitama, a guy who can insta-kill any threat with a single punch, which frustrates him to no end, and yet he gets no recognition for his acts of heroism.

Drifters. If you loved Hellsing, you'd love this, probably more. Basically, famous people from history, thrown into an alternate realm where they must fight to conquer save the mystical/fantastical inhabitants currently being oppressed. Cool stuff.

Edited by Paper, 12 May 2014 - 07:34 AM.

Spoiler

salvatore

salvatore

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 6,875 posts
  • LocationEarth

Yaaaaay! , The gossips are out. 

Or not lol ,

He's planning to make a short chatt tonight , about Gossips and all (checked google rough trans) lol