Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Hiatus discussions

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2219 replies to this topic

God of LoL

God of LoL

Sweet Potato

• Members
  • 10,556 posts
  • LocationIn the Bato.cave.

Oh, sweet summer child... Try waiting for GRRM to write anything. -_- I've seen faster land snails.  And, less distracted, sugar-high toddlers. :P

You should be more worried about his belly bursting or his heart deciding to go on vacations to Neverland.

But other than that, I think that his problem lies on the series. It distracts him from his work.

kfi6l.jpg

Sangios

Sangios

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationHarusame's 7th Division

If he wasn't so old and there wasn't a tv series about to catch up to the books in just a few years, I wouldn't nearly as worried about ASoiaF... Also he seems to hate any comments/questions about his health and possible longevity(or at least it seems that way) Which only adds to the uncertainty...

Plus the fact that he apparently refuses to allow anyone else to finish his story. Which I can respect. It would suck if his lifes work was ruined by someone else deciding to put their own spin on the story.

Best pairing:

Spoiler

God of LoL

God of LoL

Sweet Potato

• Members
  • 10,556 posts

Plus the fact that he apparently refuses to allow anyone else to finish his story. Which I can respect. It would suck if his lifes work was ruined by someone else deciding to put their own spin on the story.

If I had the series, I'd love to decide the fate of the Mother of Dragons.
Death by stallion... mounting...
It'd be rather twisty.
Sadistic too.

kfi6l.jpg

LongRodSilver

LongRodSilver

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts

Of course I am. That thing will never come.

Although there is the Auri book and the anthology with lots of other famous writers with a tale of Bast.

TNOTW is maybe the best first book I ever read, by first book I mean the first book published by an author. If I could speak half as good as Rothfuss writes in TNOTW I would be eating in gold plater and sleep with the best looking women in the planet while watching Top Gear on TV. "Call a Jack a Jack, Call a spade a Spade, but always call a whore a lady because their lives are hard enough and it never hurt to be polite." I quote it from memory, it may not be completly accurate though. But Arliden's some is quit a sweet talker.

My name is Kvothe, you may have heard of me.

Do you know any book I could read to make the wait more bearable?

Sangios

Sangios

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationHarusame's 7th Division

It'd be rather twisty.
Sadistic too.

Oh wow, I think I can already visualize how you'd actually write that.  :blink:

Best pairing:

Spoiler

God of LoL

God of LoL

Sweet Potato

• Members
  • 10,556 posts

Uuuuuuuuuuuuugh...

Harry... Potter?

kfi6l.jpg

salvatore

salvatore

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 6,875 posts
  • LocationEarth

I just finish reading Transfer Student Storm Bringer and after i finished it , my reaction was '' OMG HOW COME I WASN'T AWARE OF THIS AWESOME COMIC '' , it was such amazing ride , this kind of Mc needs to enter the tower and start spear bearer revolution with Parakweyl , they would have been unstoppable .lol

Fishcake

Fishcake

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,503 posts
  • LocationLost in the forest of the 77th floor

So I need some help on possibly identifying a movie I want to watch that I only caught a little bit of-

It was a live action movie (with cg aliens) and the main character at some point ends up with an alien's arm after some sort of mishap. And apparently some alien species had come to earth and were living their lives like locals (I think in Africa?...) And the military or someone was trying to use the alien's weapons, and the dude's arm was able to use it somehow?

Eh it was weird, but I really wanted to check out whatever it is that I saw.

God of LoL

God of LoL

Sweet Potato

• Members
  • 10,556 posts

I just finish reading Transfer Student Storm Bringer and after i finished it , my reaction was '' OMG HOW COME I WASN'T AWARE OF THIS AWESOME COMIC '' , it was such amazing ride , this kind of Mc needs to enter the tower and start spear bearer revolution with Parakweyl , they would have been unstoppable .lol

And then, he'd be rebooted!

And he'd die ingloriously at the hands of Michael...

kfi6l.jpg

salvatore

salvatore

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 6,875 posts
  • LocationEarth

So I need some help on possibly identifying a movie I want to watch that I only caught a little bit of-

It was a live action movie (with cg aliens) and the main character at some point ends up with an alien's arm after some sort of mishap. And apparently some alien species had come to earth and were living their lives like locals (I think in Africa?...) And the military or someone was trying to use the alien's weapons, and the dude's arm was able to use it somehow?

Eh it was weird, but I really wanted to check out whatever it is that I saw.

Is it this one? 

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 3,395 posts

Really? That and reboot was two of worst comic I saw in my life.

salvatore

salvatore

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 6,875 posts
  • LocationEarth

Maybe we have different taste but  i really enjoyed it , 

Also is there a reboot? ,

Edit :  holy , there is one , i'll go check it out , Thanks lol.

Edited by salvatore, 26 May 2014 - 09:01 PM.

flowsthead

flowsthead

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,032 posts

Hahaha, I was thinking the same thing but I didn't want to say anything. Cute idea, but the comic felt like an utter waste. It's a good thing it was so short.

The face of the angel of history is turned toward the past. Where we perceived a chain of events, he sees a single catastrophe which keeps piling wreckage and hurls it in front of his feet. The angel would like to stay, awaken the dead, and make whole what has been smashed. But a storm is blowing from Paradise; it has got caught in his wings with such violence that the angel can no longer close them. This storm irresistably propels him into the future to which his back is turned, while the pile of debris before him grows skyward. The storm is what we call progress.
~Walter Benjamin

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 3,395 posts

Hahaha, I was thinking the same thing but I didn't want to say anything. Cute idea, but the comic felt like an utter waste. It's a good thing it was so short.

I mean, it was posted alongside ToG for a while..

Look at quality of art, (ToG fully drawn with background and all that while the Storm- has no background at most of time.)

Length (both posted in Monday only, yet ToG is two or three times longer)

Story writing (Serious, complex, and mature version Shonen versus crappy joke parody of shitty 'school life' Shonen.)

salvatore

salvatore

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 6,875 posts
  • LocationEarth

I mean, it was posted alongside ToG for a while..

Look at quality of art, (ToG fully drawn with background and all that while the Storm- has no background at most of time.)

Length (both posted in Monday only, yet ToG is two or three times longer)

Story writing (Serious, complex, and mature version Shonen versus crappy joke parody of shitty 'school life' Shonen.)

I was going to read the reboot but you ruined for me.

tumblr_me4jvmRBY41r9fb7ko1_r3_500.gif

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 3,395 posts

I was going to read the reboot but you ruined for me.
 ]

I think I should be sorry, but hating on that comic felt so goooooood that I just don't.

God-Emperor

God-Emperor

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,729 posts
  • LocationRelaxing inside of trees of 77th Floor and reading something.

If someone want to read some titles with sad endings, go read Ai-Ren, Shingetsutan Tsukihime, Chrno Crusade, Elfen Lied, xxxHolic and Clover (both from clamp), Blame!

Guess it's only this.

It'd be rather twisty.
Sadistic too.

Please don't give more ammunition to hentai lovers. They would leave out the death for the sake of 'plot'.

Vexor

Vexor

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • LocationAbove the clouds (just my head usually)

TNOTW is maybe the best first book I ever read, by first book I mean the first book published by an author. If I could speak half as good as Rothfuss writes in TNOTW I would be eating in gold plater and sleep with the best looking women in the planet while watching Top Gear on TV. "Call a Jack a Jack, Call a spade a Spade, but always call a whore a lady because their lives are hard enough and it never hurt to be polite." I quote it from memory, it may not be completly accurate though. But Arliden's some is quit a sweet talker.

My name is Kvothe, you may have heard of me.

That frase is one of my favorites, together with "There are three things all wise men should fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man."

Have you already read the Eragon series? I liked a lot, there is also the Percy Jacson and the Olympians, the Ranger series is kinda good, The Keys to the Kingdom... and MUSASHI, well I remember these now.

I liked the first one, but the reboot I had to stop after the first chapter.

Fishcake

Fishcake

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,503 posts
  • LocationLost in the forest of the 77th floor

Is it this one? 

aw yiss, Thats the movie. Thank you ~

Euodiachloris

Euodiachloris

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 7,336 posts
  • LocationUK

aw yiss, Thats the movie. Thank you ~

Sorry: would have joined in. -_- But, yes.  That is District 9.  The longest Van der Merwe joke*, ever.  (And, I practically wept tears listening to real accents, again. ^_^)

And, no: those words aren't made-up words people are speaking.  You're listening to a mix of languages.  Mainly South African English, Afrikaans with lesser, but significant amounts of Sesotho and isiZulu... in short, a whole lot of Tsotsitaal.  With some isiXhosa and the odd Setswana word thrown in it.  Oh... and, briefly, some words from Nigerian language groups I'm not that good at recognising from each other, but context is gettable. :P And, a huge amount of Corporate Waffle and Standard Arsecovering, as well. :D

*South African cultural item.  Hard to explain without walls of text. <_< But, the film follows all the conventions of how to tell one, pretty much.

Edited by Euodiachloris, 26 May 2014 - 10:43 PM.

PlotCap.png

~:Euo will do instead of my whole handle:~

Scanlation-author collaboration not possible?  Nope: it's doable... try Trace and vote with your feet to try to get more like this.