Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Hiatus discussions

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2219 replies to this topic

Scaze

Scaze

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 772 posts

I logged onto Batoto today expecting Chapter 111 Discussions...but then.... T_____T

God of LoL

God of LoL

Sweet Potato

• Members
  • 10,556 posts
  • LocationIn the Bato.cave.

I logged onto Batoto today expecting Chapter 111 Discussions...but then.... T_____T

Don't cry, man.
Here, have some jello.

kfi6l.jpg

flowsthead

flowsthead

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,032 posts

Kubera is awesome, and a lot of the other recommendations are good as well, but how about some webcomic action in here?

Gunnerkrigg Court (http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=1) is one of the best things I have read in the comic format. The art is a bit rough in the beginning but gets great relatively quickly. The main characters are two girls Annie, who is a bit magic, and Kat, who is a scientific genius. It's a fairly mature story about these two girls growing up in a weird place and dealing with robots, mythical beings, and a ton of intrigue.

The other is Bad Machinery (http://scarygoround.com/?date=20090921). This one is a British comic about a bunch of kids that solve mysteries. There are two "teams", the girls and the boys, but basically the language is hilarious and awesome, and Charlotte "Lottie" Grote is the best. THE BEST!

The face of the angel of history is turned toward the past. Where we perceived a chain of events, he sees a single catastrophe which keeps piling wreckage and hurls it in front of his feet. The angel would like to stay, awaken the dead, and make whole what has been smashed. But a storm is blowing from Paradise; it has got caught in his wings with such violence that the angel can no longer close them. This storm irresistably propels him into the future to which his back is turned, while the pile of debris before him grows skyward. The storm is what we call progress.
~Walter Benjamin

themantarays

themantarays

~A Majestic Ray of Light in the Dark of the Internet~ ☼_☼

• Comic Mods
  • 1,933 posts

Did ToG just change weekdays? I was checking to see if he had a Q/A chapter or something, but now it's in a different tab. (I wish they had kept the old format, it was great for people who didn't speak Korean. >.>)

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 3,395 posts
http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/weekdayList.nhn?week=mon

But it is still in top of Monday, where it has been forever?

Edited by Random-Webtoon-Fan, 11 May 2014 - 02:31 PM.

God-Emperor

God-Emperor

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,729 posts
  • LocationRelaxing inside of trees of 77th Floor and reading something.

Well, it's confirmed SIU is in hiatus now. He is going to be back in the end of June or beginning of July if treatment goes well.

well im going to re-read it all again and see if i missed any spelling mistakes in it.

My recomendation for people looking for something to read: Shin angyo onshi, Berserk, angel densetsu, holyland, suicide island, kurogane (toume kei), midori no hibi, monster, ares, mugen no juunin, MX0, NHK ni youkoso, oanni master kurosawa, school rumble, sundome, Alive, Tsubasa: reservoir chronicle and xxx holic.  

There are great works for all kinds of taste.

Yep, almost same like me in recommendation. I like those because of plot, art isn't priority for me since I already enjoy One Piece and OnePunch Man.

Other good recommendations: Id - The Greatest Fusion Fantasy, Kingdom, Sentou Jousai Masurawo, Sangokushi, Special Martial Arts Extreme Hell Private High School, Maoyuu Maou Yuusha - "Be Mine, Hero!" "I Refuse!", Psyren, Ah! My Goddess, City of the Dead Sorcerer

There are more but I guess I will stop for now.

salvatore

salvatore

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 6,875 posts
  • LocationEarth

Is this one good? .since i like war mangas. 

God-Emperor

God-Emperor

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,729 posts
  • LocationRelaxing inside of trees of 77th Floor and reading something.

Is this one good? .since i like war mangas. 

The story is good but wars, not so much. It's more about strategy to win territories and defeat enemies with politics and some wars to unify the China. And it's focused in the life of Liu Bei but you can get to see Cao Cao and other famous historic people in those times.

salvatore

salvatore

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 6,875 posts
  • LocationEarth

The story is good but wars, not so much. It's more about strategy to win territories and defeat enemies with politics and some wars to unify the China. And it's focused in the life of Liu Bei but you can get to see Cao Cao and other famous historic people in those times.

My taste then , i prefer strategies more than the brute ,

Thanks

Euodiachloris

Euodiachloris

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 7,336 posts
  • LocationUK
Black Haze has been mentioned: it's good. :) Very good, actually. The art takes some getting used to, if you're not used to CLAMP's kind of noodle people (impossible limb-length and elongation for the win) style and the shojo aesthetic in general. But, don't let that fool you: there's a good, mainly action-based plot in them there hills. ;)

And, if you want intrigue-focused fantasy with strong character emphasis and action, it's your cuppa, even if you haven't tasted it, yet. :D

For webcomics: Girl Genius. Girl Genius. Girl Genius. Gaslight fantasy (think mostly steampunk meets Frankenstein... with fairytale elements) focusing on Mad Science!!!!, madder scientists (and minions)... and the world they've seriously messed up. The (eventual) three protagonists are to die for as they rush about trying to fix the royal mess their various predecessors landed them in (while making a start on their own messes). But, most importantly, the humour is top-notch. The colour improves, by the way, from the sepia tones it starts out with: that's a plot point (as well as the authors hunting for a permanent colourist). As you find out as you read. So bear with it. :D

It's got quite the archive, but it's worth binging on. :)

RWF? You'll love it, actually. Even if you won't pick up on some of the Western pop-cultural shout-outs. The Jager's accent, however... might be a bit daunting if English is not a first language, though. -_-

Edited by Euodiachloris, 11 May 2014 - 04:26 PM.

PlotCap.png

~:Euo will do instead of my whole handle:~

Scanlation-author collaboration not possible?  Nope: it's doable... try Trace and vote with your feet to try to get more like this.

<3 emma stone

<3 emma stone

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 426 posts

it seems banquet box has few more chapters but not translated. any idea why?

God of LoL

God of LoL

Sweet Potato

• Members
  • 10,556 posts

Black Haze has been mentioned: it's good. :) Very good, actually. The art takes some getting used to, if you're not used to CLAMP's kind of noodle people (impossible limb-length and elongation for the win) style and the shojo aesthetic in general. But, don't let that fool you: there's a good, mainly action-based plot in them there hills. ;)

And, if you want intrigue-focused fantasy with strong character emphasis and action, it's your cuppa, even if you haven't tasted it, yet. :D

For webcomics: Girl Genius. Girl Genius. Girl Genius. Gaslight fantasy (think mostly steampunk meets Frankenstein... with fairy-tail elements) focusing on Mad Science!!!!, madder scientists (and minions)... and the world they've seriously messed up. The (eventual) three protagonists are to die for as they rush about trying to fix the royal mess their various predecessors landed them in (while making a start on their own messes). But, most importantly, the humour is top-notch. The colour improves, by the way, from the sepia tones it starts out with: that's a plot point (as well as the authors hunting for a permanent colourist). As you find out as you read. So bear with it. :D

It's got quite the archive, but it's worth binging on. :)

RWF? You'll love it, actually. Even if you won't pick up on some of the Western pop-cultural shout-outs. The Jager's accent, however... might be a bit daunting if English is not a first language, though. -_-

I'm not really into the series, so I think I'll pass. :3

Edited by God of LoL, 11 May 2014 - 04:08 PM.

kfi6l.jpg

akadeadpool

akadeadpool

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 318 posts

How about watching TV series(espcially complete one), playing a video games, reading books, could fill a month or more plus your social life, next time you are out of sth to entertain, there will be TOG again.

God of LoL

God of LoL

Sweet Potato

• Members
  • 10,556 posts

How about watching TV series(espcially complete one), playing a video games, reading books, could fill a month or more plus your social life, next time you are out of sth to entertain, there will be TOG again.

Read a book, write a book, book a vacation for your book! :D

kfi6l.jpg

Euodiachloris

Euodiachloris

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 7,336 posts
  • LocationUK

it seems banquet box has few more chapters but not translated. any idea why?

Because not enough man power?   :huh:

I'm not really into the series, so I think I'll pass. :3

I've busted my computer and am on the Kindle with a dumb auto-type/ spellchecker... Rub it in, why don't you. <_<

I'm lucky I got the links to work... after repeated trying. :P

Edited by Euodiachloris, 11 May 2014 - 04:28 PM.

PlotCap.png

~:Euo will do instead of my whole handle:~

Scanlation-author collaboration not possible?  Nope: it's doable... try Trace and vote with your feet to try to get more like this.

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 3,395 posts

For webcomics: Girl Genius. Girl Genius. Girl Genius. Gaslight fantasy (think mostly steampunk meets Frankenstein... with fairytale elements) focusing on Mad Science!!!!, madder scientists (and minions)... and the world they've seriously messed up. The (eventual) three protagonists are to die for as they rush about trying to fix the royal mess their various predecessors landed them in (while making a start on their own messes). But, most importantly, the humour is top-notch. The colour improves, by the way, from the sepia tones it starts out with: that's a plot point (as well as the authors hunting for a permanent colourist). As you find out as you read. So bear with it. :DIt's got quite the archive, but it's worth binging on. :)RWF? You'll love it, actually. Even if you won't pick up on some of the Western pop-cultural shout-outs. The Jager's accent, however... might be a bit daunting if English is not a first language, though. -_-

Actually I'd love to read some Western webcomics, after reading so much manga/manwha. Thanks!

God of LoL

God of LoL

Sweet Potato

• Members
  • 10,556 posts

Because not enough man power?   :huh:

I've busted my computer and am on the Kindle with a dumb auto-type/ spellchecker... Rub it in, why don't you. <_<

I'm lucky I got the links to work... after repeated trying. :P

Com' on~ Ya know I'm just playing with ya! :D

Hey, birdie, I have a question for you.

Do Koreans tend to give similar names to their kids?

In the webcomic The Gamer, there are two characters named:

• Hwan Sung-Ah. (The daughter)
  • Hwan Sung-Gon. (The father)

I ask because of the whole "Hwa Ryun" "Baek Ryun" thing and since you, our great avian overlord with his endless knowledge knows a lot more about Korean culture than my feeble mind could ever comprehend... Yeah...

(Although Hwa Ryun is technically not a Korean...)

kfi6l.jpg

DarkPrince

DarkPrince

Cute Potato

• Members
  • 4,800 posts
  • Location「Between Brackets」
I'm getting into anime lol. And I'm liking it \o/ :D

Watched Kill la Kill, Another, Hyouka in the last three weeks. Currently watching Mirai Nikki o.o [ it's messed up]

Also watching the weekly No Game No Life and Akuma no Riddle episodes! \o/ woot!

Hmm... Webtoon recommendations... The Gamer is pretty awesome. Oh, My God! is hilarious and kinda epic too.
No description, sorry :P I'll do a poor job of it anyway >.>

I'll watch that Ben 10 Omniverse, I guess.
I never had the chance to do so and the new style intrigues me... (Negatively, to tell you the truth.)

Oh, yeah. The animation style is a turn off.
I marathon'd Ben 10 Alien Force and Ultimate Alien, got to Omniverse and dropped it after watching the first two episodes -__-

I T ' S   O N L Y   F U N   I F   T H E Y   R U N

God of LoL

God of LoL

Sweet Potato

• Members
  • 10,556 posts

\\Oh, yeah. The animation style is a turn off.
I marathon'd Ben 10 Alien Force and Ultimate Alien, got to Omniverse and dropped it after watching the first two episodes -__-

I'm watching it this very moment.

Art style aside, it's not that bad... (And that Rook guy rocks.)

kfi6l.jpg

Surells

Surells

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 254 posts
  • LocationSolihull, UK

Have been trying to spend less time on the internet, so will probably focus on reading a writing. The writing doesn't matter. I enjoy it, but I'm one of the many talentless hacks out there who'll never be published. As for the reading, I just bough Life After Life, by Kate Atkinson. Looks good.

Also bought:

When We Were Orphans

Nocturnes: Five Stories of Music and Nightfall

The Brothers Karamazov

Abhorsen

Across The Wall: A Tale of the Abhorsen and Other Stories (already read this and abhorsen but am getting for my sis)

The Garlic Ballads

Red Sorghum

Should keep me busy for a good long while...

Posted Image