Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Hiatus discussions

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2219 replies to this topic

ManForAllSeasons

ManForAllSeasons

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • LocationHow can mirrors be real if our eyes aren't real?

Breaker is now on hiatus, I have nothing. NOTHING YOU HEAR ME? NOTHING!

Is New Waves any good? I stopped reading because the MC was SOOO FRIGGIN ANNOYING! Any hope for some darker character development?

Edit:

Oh, and if you guys are bored, read Twilight. 

A great piece of literature. Dat sexually confused Bella.

I came upon a manga which mentions Twilight in the summary. ( I've been to afraid to read it)

From Evil Flowers: Ji-Eun has been dating Gyuho for 3 years now and he's pretty much the perfect boyfriend. Even the way they meet was perfect, the same as in her favorite movie, Twilight. But now she learns that he is a Kumiho (Nine Tailed Fox), he's 700 years old and he wants to marry her. And on top of all this weird things he mentions that he loves her liver. Is the price of a perfect boyfriend worth her liver? Join in this funny contemporary fantasy where a girl learns that prince charming also has a dark side and that stories sound good in a book, but living them might end up not so enjoyable.

Edited by ManForAllSeasons, 24 May 2014 - 11:37 AM.

Blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

menofhorror

menofhorror

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 338 posts

Have heard so many people praising 20th century boys. Also have to read vegabond., Berserk has been kind of meh after the eclipse but heard it gets better....oh man so many things I need to read and no idea where to start.

Sangios

Sangios

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationHarusame's 7th Division

Is New Waves any good? I stopped reading because the MC was SOOO FRIGGIN ANNOYING! Any hope for some darker character development?

New Waves is awesome too. The only thing I didn't like at first was that Goomoonryong doesn't show up like... FOREVER. But Shioon becomes a total badass. It takes some time, but there's a lot of good fights too.

Best pairing:

Spoiler

God of LoL

God of LoL

Sweet Potato

• Members
  • 10,556 posts
  • LocationIn the Bato.cave.

Okay, sorry to break this...wavy conversation, but Chuck is a guy who has the world's database in his head.

...And they are trying to make a computer Intersect and leave him to live his life? Just like that?

...Why don't they shoot his face off? This guy literally knows way too much!

kfi6l.jpg

Imperator

Imperator

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 3,501 posts
  • LocationIn the battlefield.

Was sad by lack of entertainment.

Then I found out Adventure Time, and now my mind is fucked up.

And I'M LOVIN IT!

I have the strong belief that if Adventure Time wasn't a show directed towards kids, it'd be a pretty dark story.

Have heard so many people praising 20th century boys. Also have to read vegabond., Berserk has been kind of meh after the eclipse but heard it gets better....oh man so many things I need to read and no idea where to start.

Berserk is still amazing. 

Just not on the same level as the Eclipse arc. You just can't the same emotional card twice.

ManForAllSeasons

ManForAllSeasons

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • LocationHow can mirrors be real if our eyes aren't real?

Berserk is still amazing. 

Just not on the same level as the Eclipse arc. You just can't the same emotional card twice.

Well... it has actually become kinda shounen now. Not saying that shounen can't be amazing (like TOG), and it's still really really good, but it's just very different from the Golden Age arc.

Blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

rak n' roll

rak n' roll

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,178 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

Okay, sorry to break this...wavy conversation, but Chuck is a guy who has the world's database in his head.
...And they are trying to make a computer Intersect and leave him to live his life? Just like that?
...Why don't they shoot his face off? This guy literally knows way too much!

If they kill him before the intersect is rebuilt in full, they lose too many potentially valuable data interconnections.

Then again, the tension between freedom and power is sorta the point of the first two seasons.

God of LoL

God of LoL

Sweet Potato

• Members
  • 10,556 posts
  • LocationIn the Bato.cave.

If they kill him before the intersect is rebuilt in full, they lose too many potentially valuable data interconnections.

Then again, the tension between freedom and power is sorta the point of the first two seasons.

And then he learns every existing martial art in the world...

Ugh... Shoot him in the fucking FACE!!!

At the very least, it's an enjoyable show,

kfi6l.jpg

lightninglee

lightninglee

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 19 posts

Have there been any blog postings so far? If so where can I find translated versions? Thanks

Imperator

Imperator

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 3,501 posts
  • LocationIn the battlefield.

Well... it has actually become kinda shounen now. Not saying that shounen can't be amazing (like TOG), and it's still really really good, but it's just very different from the Golden Age arc.

Don't you worry, you'll see Falconia burning. :P

Middle Finger Of Arlen

Middle Finger Of Arlen

Russet Potato

• Donator
  • 259 posts
  • LocationUnder a Rock w/ a good wifi signal

In a way the Falconia homie, god whats his name, you know blondie turned evil now he comes back lookin like his excrement dun stink.  ANYway.... he reminds me of Rachel.  Kind of how the characters are atm.  Im waiting for his moment of batshit crazy laughing behind closed doors all alone pluckin feathers outta poor falcons. 

God Im bored if Im relating Berserk and TOG, whats next TOG and some smut manga? Stay Tuned

Euodiachloris

Euodiachloris

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 7,336 posts
  • LocationUK

In a way the Falconia homie, god whats his name, you know blondie turned evil now he comes back lookin like his excrement dun stink.  ANYway.... he reminds me of Rachel.  Kind of how the characters are atm.  Im waiting for his moment of batshit crazy laughing behind closed doors all alone pluckin feathers outta poor falcons. 

God Im bored if Im relating Berserk and TOG, whats next TOG and some smut manga? Stay Tuned

You mean Femto?  He of the... rather dark heart (understatement of the decade)? :huh:

Spoiler

Rachel has got a very long way to go to even come remotely near our, dear Femto. :P

PlotCap.png

~:Euo will do instead of my whole handle:~

Scanlation-author collaboration not possible?  Nope: it's doable... try Trace and vote with your feet to try to get more like this.

Sangios

Sangios

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationHarusame's 7th Division

You mean Femto?  He of the... rather dark heart (understatement of the decade)? :huh:

Spoiler

Rachel has got a very long way to go to even come remotely near our, dear Femto. :P

I don't know if I'd call him dear Femto...  ;)

But, yeah... For Rachel to even start to compare to him, she'd... have to turn Tower of God into a seinen series by herself.

Best pairing:

Spoiler

rak n' roll

rak n' roll

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,178 posts

And then he learns every existing existing martial art in the world...
Ugh... Shoot him in the fucking FACE!!!
At the very least, it's an enjoyable show,

Seasons 3-5 are no doubt the "Roger Moore Era" of Chuck. Just gotta roll with it.

Edited by rak n' roll, 25 May 2014 - 02:26 AM.

flowsthead

flowsthead

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,032 posts

Seasons 3-5 are no doubt the "Roger Moore Era" of [I]Chuck[\I]. Just gotta roll with it.

What are you trying to imply? I love Roger Moore. Certainly prefer him to Brosnan.

The face of the angel of history is turned toward the past. Where we perceived a chain of events, he sees a single catastrophe which keeps piling wreckage and hurls it in front of his feet. The angel would like to stay, awaken the dead, and make whole what has been smashed. But a storm is blowing from Paradise; it has got caught in his wings with such violence that the angel can no longer close them. This storm irresistably propels him into the future to which his back is turned, while the pile of debris before him grows skyward. The storm is what we call progress.
~Walter Benjamin

God-Emperor

God-Emperor

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,729 posts
  • LocationRelaxing inside of trees of 77th Floor and reading something.

If you want a story with an "almighty tower", you can try The Dark Tower by Stephen King. The 1st three books are great. The 4th is more than good, the 5th and 6th are terrible and the last one is ok. But It has a Tower with a "king" who wants to rule it.

That ending... It's so sad.

rak n' roll

rak n' roll

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,178 posts

What are you trying to imply? I love Roger Moore. Certainly prefer him to Brosnan.

That seasons 1-2 were the "Sean Connery Era" of Chuck.

I love Roger Moore, too.  But that's because I love his humor and gadgets and general over-the-top 70's spy silliness.  If one is looking for sheer awesome, though, the nod must go to Connery.

And I have to admit never watching a single Bond movie created after the Berlin Wall fell.  So Timothy Dalton is for me the Last Epoch.  Simply put: without the Cold War, James Bond is without raison d'etre.

Past a certain vintage, I'd rather watch Austin Powers.....or Chuck.

Edited by rak n' roll, 25 May 2014 - 02:32 AM.

Middle Finger Of Arlen

Middle Finger Of Arlen

Russet Potato

• Donator
  • 259 posts
  • LocationUnder a Rock w/ a good wifi signal

Spoiler

yes !!! TY TY TY Griffith and Rachel sittin in a tree

Femto?  now I have to look, but yes I see massive similarities btwn Griffith and Rachel, so much I want to hurl

DERP, Femto is kinda like a leg stabbing version of Rachel

and yes I suppose scale wise Femto puts her to shame, but just wait as soon as she pops the top off that compression flask and downs Emile like a shot of ur fav liquor.  we might see her start climbing in rank

And yea understatement of the A.D.'s

Edited by Middle Finger Of Arlen, 25 May 2014 - 03:09 AM.

Shenanigans

Shenanigans

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 597 posts
  • LocationUnder there.........I just made you say underwear.

Dear Diary,

Captain's Log

Its been three weeks since SIU abandoned us. I feel my sanity waning as the days go by like the tides ever receding. Provisions have run dangerously low and GoL has some delectable calves.....calves that would look good over a roaring fla-OH HEY BUDDY .... no no its just something to pass the time yeah........yeah maybe some tic tac toe later? haha IM X'S ahaha yeah grab me a coconut .......fool. Soon I will dine on your flesh AND FILL MY BELLY TO BURS- what? No I need this I DONT CARE DUDE GO FIND YOUR OWN TOILET PAPER! We regret eating out feathered friend so hastily, perhaps he could have been used as a messenger pigeon of sorts but damn was he tasty. Like imagine a turducken had a baby with a Bald Eagle. Seriously good. The others on the island keep talking about shit I don't care about and I think I will start to ki-uhmmm OW? Dude....thats my leg.

With love,

Shenanigans

p.s. Send help. Also Yuri. Androssi can come too.

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 3,395 posts

Dear Diary,

Captain's Log

Its been three weeks since SIU abandoned us. I feel my sanity waning as the days go by like the tides ever receding. Provisions have run dangerously low and GoL has some delectable calves.....calves that would look good over a roaring fla-OH HEY BUDDY .... no no its just something to pass the time yeah........yeah maybe some tic tac toe later? haha IM X'S ahaha yeah grab me a coconut .......fool. Soon I will dine on your flesh AND FILL MY BELLY TO BURS- what? No I need this I DONT CARE DUDE GO FIND YOUR OWN TOILET PAPER! We regret eating out feathered friend so hastily, perhaps he could have been used as a messenger pigeon of sorts but damn was he tasty. Like imagine a turducken had a baby with a Bald Eagle. Seriously good. The others on the island keep talking about shit I don't care about and I think I will start to ki-uhmmm OW? Dude....thats my leg.

With love,
Shenanigans

p.s. Send help. Also Yuri. Androssi can come too.

Geez, would you guys stop eating my pigeon minions?