Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

76-110. Now she missing.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

irishredcap

irishredcap

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts

So, Haru was by far my least favorite character in this manga. Seriously I saw no purpose to her even having chapters and even an arc or two dedicated to her. The occasional glimpse at the little sister was kind of amusing and could have fit well. But seriously 34 chapters of her making sporadic plot advances and now after a side arc and the continuation of the plot what happens? She's gone. Almost like she never was there. This is what frustrates me about this manga sometimes. While yeah I can understand a minor character moving the plot along, a minor character doesn't deserve 34 chapters of their own nonsense just to give time to move into an arc where they become a ghost character. Seriously disappointing, even if I don't like the character, so much more could have been changed to make the story better or at least not feel like a big waste of time.

Grifford

Grifford

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts

I think she'll return some time. But the problems with making Haru appear are several.

1. She is an underclassman to Raku and hence to every other relevant person of the plot.

2. She wanted to give up on Raku for the sake of her sister. So isn't it natural to keep herself at a distance for that?

3. She's irrelevant to the current arc. You can bet she'll be back later on though.

Those are the main reasons. She is still around but like I stated has no reason to appear at the moment. But maybe we can expect something unexpected from her?

lorddx22

lorddx22

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 40 posts

dude dont flame.  I like haru as a character.

-If u wanna be a d. bag then just dont even post seriously.  Not everyone is like u.

"she’s sad that the city has since changed a lot: she told him, "that he'll still remained the same to her even if he grows up."

young_anime_girl_in_the_rain_by_irawrrye

IvQ9d.pngWheres the bunny?   lol

null7

null7

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 18 posts

Liking or disliking Haru aside, this does seem to be a "problem" in some manga. That is, characters storming in, doing some stuff then disappearing as if they were never there. Hence the "what was the point" sentiment.

Just having her in the background here and there...eating a popsicle with Paula or something, standing in the hall of the school or walking home off to the side. Things like that to show she's still around. For me, little details like those create a more organic atmosphere of taking a look into a living, breathing world versus just reading a story. Although, Nisekoi hasn't really struck me as a 'little detail' type of manga...so it could be asking too much. Would be nice though.

Edited by null7, 18 May 2014 - 08:33 PM.

PkmSilver

PkmSilver

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationCalgary,AB Canada

She appeared now, happy? 1 panel is Alright for a comeback. Since the new Arc wasn't about her at all she had no point of appearing. 1 panel by 1 panel every 20 chapters as long as she is not forgotten (cof cof Paula). I don't care!