Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[General Hosting Guidelines and Policies]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19 replies to this topic

mhh

mhh

Babo Kim

• Administrators
  • 3,754 posts
If you want to get a stance/policy on something that is not already listed here or want something to be clarified please reply to this topic.
If you want to discuss a specific issue (further) please start a new topic for that or refer to the topic concerning that issue.

Please keep in mind: These are the current stances and policies. They are not carved in stone. So if we see the need to revise one of them, we will.

Adult Only Content.
Spoiler

Acceptable File types.
Spoiler

Chapters vs. Volumes.
Spoiler

Watermarks.
Spoiler

Groups without policies/Inactive Groups.
Spoiler

Duplicate Uploads.
Spoiler

Conflicting Policies - Joint Projects.
Spoiler

Allowed Content - Scanlation work/Official Scans.
Spoiler

Comment Section.
Spoiler

Comic Status
Spoiler

Questions.
For any questions, feel free to post them in this thread or a create new topic in the forums.

Edited by ROTFLMAOMAGNETS, 01 November 2014 - 12:26 PM.
updating links

mhh

mhh

Babo Kim

• Administrators
  • 3,754 posts
Updated.

Sality

Sality

Russet Potato

• Contrib Mods
  • 350 posts
Thanks for the information, mhh. Especially about the conflicting policies, that statement is a big help for uploaders.

Edited by Sality, 21 October 2011 - 04:48 PM.

mhh

mhh

Babo Kim

• Administrators
  • 3,754 posts
Updated. Incorporated stance on policies by inactive groups and on official scans.

mhh

mhh

Babo Kim

• Administrators
  • 3,754 posts
Thread moved. Not sure if that'll be the final resting place of it since it's rather crowded in here.

Trebor

Trebor

Voice to the Voiceless

• Administrators
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationUSA
Updated with file types.
Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri

blub

blub

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts
Batoto will only allow content, that is
1) classified as valid work of scanlation, or
2) uploaded/approved directly by the respective copyright holder (self-publishing with Batoto as a medium)

So this means that you are accepting English comics, too? As in comics/manga which were never scanlated because they are originally in the English language.

(I think they are called OEL on MU but I am not sure.)

Edit: Of course with the approval of the copyright holder.

Edited by blub, 17 March 2012 - 01:51 AM.

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
  • LocationHere of course!

Batoto will only allow content, that is
1) classified as valid work of scanlation, or
2) uploaded/approved directly by the respective copyright holder (self-publishing with Batoto as a medium)

So this means that you are accepting English comics, too? As in comics/manga which were never scanlated because they are originally in the English language.

(I think they are called OEL on MU but I am not sure.)

Edit: Of course with the approval of the copyright holder.

You have interpreted this correctly.
Though our policy is quite ahead of our actual implementations. We wanted this since long time ago, but never got around to finalize its development to actually support it.

blub

blub

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts
Okay, thanks for answering!

mhh

mhh

Babo Kim

• Administrators
  • 3,754 posts
Added the "Comic status" part.

raenef

raenef

Potato

• Validating
  • 101 posts
mhh question status in which language, english? if we take a series with multiple languages and maybe not English being the one with the most chaps
Typesetter & Redrawer for CWL

mhh

mhh

Babo Kim

• Administrators
  • 3,754 posts

mhh question status in which language, english? if we take a series with multiple languages and maybe not English being the one with the most chaps

Batoto's main language is still English. So in doubt it should always be the English version that is referred to. Other things can always be noted in the description.

HereticWilson

HereticWilson

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • LocationDAT ASSSS
Can I ask, just for my own edification, why there are such strict restrictions on (non-loli) sexual content but not violence?

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
  • LocationHere of course!

Can I ask, just for my own edification, why there are such strict restrictions on (non-loli) sexual content but not violence?

Because that's how laws work in most countries. This type of restrictions we've placed here were rules that are passed down from upstream.

God of TROLLing LOL

God of TROLLing LOL

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 481 posts
So if it's a webtoon that was translated from EGS, but left alone for years and not even know if it's dropped or not (since they never announce it), is it fine to let other group took it on?

mhh

mhh

Babo Kim

• Administrators
  • 3,754 posts

So if it's a webtoon that was translated from EGS, but left alone for years and not even know if it's dropped or not (since they never announce it), is it fine to let other group took it on?

I don't know why you are asking this here. This thread is meant for people to ask if something is appropriate for Batoto or not.

Regarding your question, we don't make the rules of the Scanlation community, so you'll have to follow what you think about it. But my advice is that you try to talk to the group in question and maybe they are willing to let you to take over without bad blood?

Savino

Savino

Potato Sprout

• Contributor
  • 2 posts
  • LocationGrünerløkka
What about expired licenses? Like tokyopop's manga. Now that they're gone, and no longer the respective copyright holder, is manga directly scanned from their release allowed on batoto? If this question rather would have needed a new thread, then im sorry. :unsure:

EDIT: I see. Thank you for such a quick response!

Edited by Savino, 01 September 2012 - 09:17 PM.

KidCongo

KidCongo

Global Moderator

• Contrib Mods
  • 1,768 posts
Only scanlations are allowed, simply scanning publications, even out of print ones, is out of the question.

For all those thinking of thanking me for the scanlations, I only upload them, and I'm just a mod here. Please leave a message on the actual groups' pages that do all the hard work.

manga2x

manga2x

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 575 posts
  • LocationTawi Tawi naval district
I want to ask about Artbook
Since they are artbook, Motstly nothing to translate.
They are remain unchange and unaltered
In theory, they are considered as RAWs (official copy)
But, There is an artbook that has been uploaded
So, Is it okay to upload an artbook?

mhh

mhh

Babo Kim

• Administrators
  • 3,754 posts

I want to ask about Artbook
Since they are artbook, Motstly nothing to translate.
They are remain unchange and unaltered
In theory, they are considered as RAWs (official copy)
But, There is an artbook that has been uploaded
So, Is it okay to upload an artbook?

We have tolerated them so far. I can't say anything about future right now, though.

They have always been a rather minor section so we didn't discuss them in detail, yet.