First, I would like to say that we will, to the best of our abilities, follow all rules set by the groups. But, there are few exceptions.
- Impossible Rules: We will not adhere to rules that we cannot (as in not able to) comply. For example, if you ask us to block every 100th person from reading. We don't have such ability and will not comply with it.
Any rule that falls under this category will be reviewed on a case by case basis. But generally, we'll follow a 75 percent guideline. So, if the rule were to be theoretically applied, and more than 75% of the users can read it, we will default it to "allowed". If less than 25% can read, we will default to "not allowed". If you dislike the choice we have made, you can simply give us a straight answer.
- Rules on Others: We will not accept any rule to be imposed on others. If you are from group A or no group at all, you do not have the right to impose rules on group B.
- Maximum of Joints: (this is not a limitation, just a policy placed here to clarify the next point) If two groups have different delay policy, it is within Batoto's policy to accept the strictest of the rules. So, if group A has 24hr and group B has 48hr, use 48hr. Exception to this is when there is conflict in the policy.
- Conflict of Joint: Conflict of Joint only occurs when the contributor to Batoto is the group responsible for scanlating the comic itself. In such case, we will accept the upload regardless of other joint groups' policies. For example, if a member of group A uploads to batoto even though group B has no mirror policy, we will still host it. If anyone else uploads, we will not host it per above rules. If you disagree with this exception, please settle the matter between the group to come to a unified policy. Otherwise, we will assume it has already been settled.
- Right to Deny: We do reserve the right to deny any groups and/or individuals from hosting on Batoto for
- Breaking Terms of Service
- Abuse of our system
- Inappropriate behavior which includes but not limited to: unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, harassing, hateful, racially offensive, or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, violate law, or otherwise inappropriate.
- Impersonation of others
- Knowingly publishing false information
- Any act with the intention of harming Batoto.
That's all folks!
Hopefully, this list will remain a short list.