Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Who is the Greatest Harem protagonist of them ALL?

Harem Protagonist the greatest greatest protagonist Greatest Harem protagonist

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

LimitCycle

LimitCycle

Potato

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • LocationIn Space like a Space Potato. Currently in Orbit.

Hi I've been besieged by this burning question :batoto_010:  If you could judge unbiased all the Harem protagonists in the universe which one is the Greatest>?  

Do you judge by the amount of girls or by the way they were conquered?

Are their some relationships that are harder to form than others and do you give extra points to those?

Does the protagonists stats play a crucial part in judging his harem (ie. He's useless in everything but is still able to make a harem)

Do you judge upon how far the protagonist has gotten with each girl and the things he's done to them

(Hentai harems are excluded from this because they must have sex in order to be sold to an audience)

[But that does not mean a harem in which a protagonist has sex is excluded]

Who is the Greatest Harem protagonist of them ALL?  :batoto_022: 

DVerde

DVerde

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Location????, Nebraska

Rito... "Harem plan" pretty much sums up the reason. <_<

Edited by DVerde, 21 April 2014 - 02:09 AM.

http://www.gameanyone.com

Your number one source for video game walkthroughs, and Visual Novels. :P

Supreme_Lurker_Primo

Supreme_Lurker_Primo

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,703 posts
  • LocationSomewhere. Nowhere. Everywhere.

Brother complex  :P

bhestw.jpgTincek-Marincek

Ravenous Raven

Ravenous Raven

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 535 posts
  • LocationLost & Found

I've always like Keima, from the The World God Only Knows. I like  that he isn't the usual pushover wimp, and I love the fact the the girls in his harem are actually helped, and fix psychological problems and holes in their heart with his help.

tumblr_lqx5fbcBGM1qif2tzo1_500.gif

Angelo.

Angelo.

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 3,488 posts
  • Locationsleeping on a cloud

the mc from sekirei cause he's got total babes but my second choice would be rito :(

sekirei-85008-1920x1200-1.jpg

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

Rito... "Harem plan" pretty much sums up the reason. <_<

Yeah, the same. Sorry, but when that's the first character that pops into your mind when the word "harem" is mentioned.............yeah, you've just got to go with it.  :D 

Tn7HA0h.png

Viole1369

Viole1369

Potato

• Members
  • 188 posts
  • LocationIndia

Seikrei MC... that lucky bastard

My DeviantART Profile- Check it out, I do renders and Folder Icons,Manga & Line-art  Coloring

Anudevil13 - My anime planet profile

O9h986V.png

GVvTn36.png

Stud Joe

Stud Joe

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • Locationyour mom

I think Rito wins hands down. I hate how Lala lost a lot of significance in Darkness.

naren

naren

Potato

• Contributor
  • 187 posts

um...rito i guess

Spoiler

Führer Itulhu

Führer Itulhu

Potato

• Donator
  • 145 posts
  • LocationThe place supported by the fallen

Issei Hyoudou The Oppai Dragon- this kid has angels, fallen angels, devils, yokai and humans and other species that want to/have become apart of the harem faction already. 

not to mention he has a bad ass theme song dedicated to his love for boobs

DLHUZic.jpg?1

I encountered you.....

This world has chosen the reality and future that shouldn't have been chosen

That's Why I'm here

LimitCycle

LimitCycle

Potato

• Members
  • 107 posts

Hmm-mm a lot of people place Rito as the greatest but i would have to disagree.

Since Rito himself seems to have no will of his own and drive or desire of his own id say that is his biggest flaw and reason for not being the greatest Harem protagonist. 

Im not talking about how harem protagonists are clueless most of the time about matters of love. Im talking about how Rito isnt taken seriously ever and that he never exhibits a true desire or drive to accomplish a goal (saving a girl from bad guys doesn't count since he has to do that as a MC).

And while I'm not saying the comic I'm about to give you has a protagonist that is the greatest Harem protagonist he Does have a Will of His Own.

seitokai-no-ichizon   http://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/seitokai-no-ichizon-r3592 

Valsie

Valsie

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 517 posts
  • LocationIn the hands of none.

Hmm-mm a lot of people place Rito as the greatest but i would have to disagree.

And while I'm not saying the comic I'm about to give you has a protagonist that is the greatest Harem protagonist he Does have a Will of His Own.

seitokai-no-ichizon   http://vatoto.com/comic/_/comics/seitokai-no-ichizon-r3592 

^This.

Also for me it's probably Yamato Naoe from Maji de Watashi ni Koi Shinasai! ...

however if I were to count in Light Novels and such, it'd be Kusanagi Godou from the Campione light novels.(He's not nearly
as great in the anime, although he still tops a lot of harem protagonists anyways)

Also Akuto from Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou for the lolz.

I am a deconstruction of the moe genre.

Joshua Langford

Joshua Langford

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • LocationInside your heart

How do I gauge how great a harem mc is? Well typically its the guy who's head I least want to hold under the water until the bubbles stop... with that in mind I'm picking Shiina Shinya from abnormal-kei Joshi. It starts off with the mc complaining about how weird women are, how they aren't ever any good, and how he cant understand them; and your first response is "oh so he's one of those mc's, huh?" However you soon find out that every member of his harem(which is present from the is dangerously, DANGEROUSLY insane,(and not all in a traditionally funny or cute way) with Shiina hardly being any better himself.

Edited by Joshua Langford, 14 May 2014 - 06:18 AM.

L2fIoox.png

Ichigo-dono

Ichigo-dono

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationIndonesia, North Sumatra, Medan

Seconded Valsie
It's Kusanagi Godou

Issei is a chiken, i loved master roshi more than him

Edited by Ichigo-dono, 15 May 2014 - 04:44 PM.

Hyuichiro

Hyuichiro

Fingerling Potato

• Appreciation Scans
  • 63 posts
  • LocationIn my room, most of time

I've always like Keima, from the The World God Only Knows. I like  that he isn't the usual pushover wimp, and I love the fact the the girls in his harem are actually helped, and fix psychological problems and holes in their heart with his help.

^ this 1

^ this 2

however if I were to count in Light Novels and such, it'd be Kusanagi Godou from the Campione light novels.(He's not nearly
as great in the anime, although he still tops a lot of harem protagonists anyways)

Also Akuto from Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou for the lolz.

^ this also

How do I gauge how great a harem mc is? Well typically its the guy who's head I least want to hold under the water until the bubbles stop... with that in mind I'm picking Shiina Shinya from abnormal-kei Joshi. It starts off with the mc complaining about how weird women are, how they aren't ever any good, and how he cant understand them; and your first response is "oh so he's one of those mc's, huh?" However you soon find out that every member of his harem(which is present from the is dangerously, DANGEROUSLY insane,(and not all in a traditionally funny or cute way) with Shiina hardly being any better himself.

^ the best iMO (though i didnt really like him)

for me, as long as the MC is not indecisive and know what he really wants then i'll say he's a great Protagonist

Spoiler

Posted Image

LimitCycle

LimitCycle

Potato

• Members
  • 107 posts

Hmm I am pleased to see all the responses you've all got great opinions  :D

Edited by LimitCycle, 09 December 2014 - 07:44 AM.

Supreme_Lurker_Primo

Supreme_Lurker_Primo

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,703 posts
  • LocationSomewhere. Nowhere. Everywhere.

Yona from Akatsuki no Yona, started out weak, but slowly she became more tough more mature in a sense.

if we going by strictly male orient Harem MC, then I would like to file from non high harem anime Madan no Ou to Vanadis. and from a high school harem MC hmm Nisekoi ? 

bhestw.jpgTincek-Marincek

Hjolmar

Hjolmar

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • LocationnoitacoL

I rank Harem Protagonists by mass, in solar mass units (M), by which standard the undisputed champion has to be Senou Natsuru.

foNwHOH.png

Shiroyabu

Shiroyabu

Potato

• Members
  • 101 posts
  • Locationdrinking coffe with Paarthurnax

What about Rentaro Satomi from Black bullet? It is a Harem involving little girls, to the point they want to marry him and call him Nii-san!!

"I swim through a sea of stars                         "That's no good. Was I asleep?                         "Zu'u Alduin. Zok sahrot do naan ko Lein!"
without looking back to shore.                           No matter how much I sleep,                             -"I am Alduin. Most mighty of any in the world!"
Faster than light, bending time                          the exhaustion doesn't go away..."                              —Alduin, (Elder Scrolls V, The)
                                                                                   —Kenjirou (Kagerou Project)
Forever
Wherever"             —R-Type Final

Spoiler

Mystika101

Mystika101

Potato

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • Location10 degrees north of crazy

Yona from Akatsuki no Yona... if you count girly harems... it's nice to see actual character development, and she becomes even more badass in the manga... 

If it's strictly male harems, then I like the guy from Mahouka, Shiba Tatsuya, he isn't lecherous... or stupidly innocent like so many of them.. 'oh sorry, I didn't realise that that was your boob in my hand, I thought you carried pudding in balloons on your chest or something' :/ Man, I hate those types the most...