Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Prequels

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Shadow12000

Shadow12000

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 17 posts

Since Fuuka is still a child in the extra chapter of Suzuka, and it shows that its partway through Kimi no Iru Machi in that chapter too, shouldn't KNIM also be considered a prequel, as it takes placing during those years that Fuuka is still growing up until she shows up again in the final chapter? I mean, if we want to be accurate, it would be Suzuka -> KNIM -> Fuuka timeline wise afterall, and if you want to get nitpicky and say that KNIM has nothing to do with either Suzuka or Fuuka, while true, it can still be argued that since its still the same world and timeline that it should be included.

Maybe instead of wording it as prequel, have it as "related" or "same world" or something.

And yes I know there's a lot of butthurt people who hate KNIM but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be accurate.

Comadrin

Comadrin

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 799 posts
  • LocationManetheren, but more realistically Southern California

As others have done already, I think of KNIM as part of the "Canon."

Silver Knight

Silver Knight

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 38 posts
Well, Seo-sensei put all three of those works in the same universe, hell, he put them in the same town :D

Suzuka would be the first work, KNiM would be the second because you have chapters in them when Fuuka was small (like that onsen chapter :D) and Fuuka would be the third (if you read KnIM till the end, you'll know what i mean :D)

Edited by Silver Knight, 29 April 2014 - 06:26 AM.

50GX7Lx.jpg