Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

what would you do.....?

• Please log in to reply
1258 replies to this topic

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts
Find out if lint is as fluffy as it seems.

What would you do if you could look inside your own head with your eyes?

pizhhh

pizhhh

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,029 posts
  • Locationin jail

I don't ever wanna see what's inside my head, physical or otherwise.

wwyd if you got into a minor car accident, but you didn't know the person in the other car was a close friend?

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts
Run away, friends only wait for the opportune moment to betray you

What would you do if you fell sick, tore a ligament and broke your phone all in one day?

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Call for help (obviously, not with a phone), then curl up in bed and wait for things to pass.

What would you do if the moon came down to greet you?

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts
Literally can’t wait for an event level extinction

Wwyd if your tooth hurts for no reason

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Ignore it unless it's unbearable (This happens all the time to me).

What would you do if suddenly you could talk to animals? (Intelligibly, that is)

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts
STOP CHIRPING ONLY WHEN I'M GIVING A TEST BIRBS

What would you do if someone sent daily essentials to you everyday with a letter reading, "From your secret admirer."?

Ignore it unless it's unbearable (This happens all the time to me).

Same here

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
An interesting question.

The first question would be whether to call the police, but unless the contents got any creepier than that, I would consider it misguided but not harassment. (If I was in actual need of daily essentials, I might think it was sweet, if still perhaps creepy.) Even in the best-case, though, it would at least demonstrate a lack of appreciation on someone's part for how upsetting their actions might be.

I would be hesitant to consume anything from such a care package, especially unsealed foods, and any liquids or powders, just in case someone was getting too creative with their ingredients (mostly for fear of drugs or poisons).

On the other hand, trying to figure out where they were coming from could actually be quite fun. Time to bust out some fingerprinting kits and get down to good old-fashioned amateur detective work. A real puzzle to toy with; and so long as the packages kept coming there would always be the chance of new clues to work with.

...If I found them probably the first thing I'd do is give them a brief lecture on why the stuff they were doing was not okay, though.

What would you do if someone said they were your great-grandchild from the future (presumably with some solid proof—perhaps by recounting events from the near future) and asked you for a place to stay?

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

isn't that dangerous? doesn't that introduce some space/time contradiction? like, what if you accident impregnates him/her

wwyd if you have to do something bad or immoral to help someone you love 

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
That one's always going to come down to a judgement call on the particulars, isn't it?

Hypothetically, let's say I had a child.

I would steal food if it was the only sure way to keep my (hypothetical for the sake of this answer) child alive, no questions asked.

I would never, on the other hand, murder someone to pay off my child's student loans (however that opportunity might arise). Actually I probably wouldn't even steal to do that either, even if they were going through a lot of hardship.

The interesting questions then are what to do when both the immoral act and the need for help are of roughly equivalent severity.

If it's all little stuff—say, "helping" a child with their homework so they get a good enough grade to go on a field-trip—then I'd err strongly on the side of morality because in this case we're talking about a child and setting a good example would be more important.

And in the case of severe actions and consequences—let's say the country I live in becomes a dystopian totalitarian dictatorship and the only way to get my child out of the country safely is to do some horrible things—then things get very interesting and complicated. It's going to be a very difficult call and the outcome will rely on all sorts of things, even including tertiary factors like how much sleep I'd be getting while making these decisions.

...And most of those answers change at least somewhat if this hypothetical loved one is, say, my hypothetical boyfriend instead of my hypothetical child.

isn't that dangerous? doesn't that introduce some space/time contradiction? like, what if you accident impregnates him/her

Can't happen if it's Ya ...*ahem*

Depends whether and how paradoxes are a problem with however time-travel works for you.

I'm pretty sure that for the time/space configurations that we believe are maybe-plausibly worth thinking about for time travel in actual physics, we're not clear what would happen with paradoxes.

What would you do if your country became a dystopian totalitarian dictatorship and the only way to get out of the country was to do some horrible things for some horrible people?

Edited by pokari, 16 August 2018 - 01:54 AM.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

makes me wonder how ben carson and ajit pai are sleeping well at night

well, actually almost everyone knows that the any CEO in charge of a corporation is a totalitarian dictatorship, and these days everyone is being forced to do some illegal things to just make it alive 

also, our taxes money which is taken from our paychecks whether we want it or not goes into funneling the industrial-military complex and suppression of third world countries. most people are too vested into the system because the powers that be controls all the distribution of resources of food and potential mates, so you're driven by your life sustaining instincts to go along with the system. 

and also where would you go? global capitalism is thing. global competition, global class warfare, global wealth inequality, etc

wwyd if you have the power of the death note? would you use it to exact revenge on the world?

Edited by Feishy Pit Boar, 16 August 2018 - 05:45 PM.

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts
I would make sure to execute Light's plan till the end because Smart, Intelligent and Cold-hearted Planners always deserve to win. Stupid "happy end".

What would you do if you were caught in a cycle of late sleeping and underperforming?

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Based on existing evidence for myself: Either pull through by the skin of my teeth, or self-destruct. (The latter takes about a year of unrelenting stress for me, it turns out, so I didn't learn about that possibility 'till after college)

What would you do if you woke up one morning and couldn't remember who you are?

and also where would you go? global capitalism is thing. global competition, global class warfare, global wealth inequality, etc

Norway.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

was there an alt-right mass shooter from norway who shot up kids at a summer camp? killed like 60 people or something

I think it’s cruel to suffer the kind of brain damage that makes you forget yourself
My colleague at work is having to deal with her mother in law who thinks she is a young girl, and her son is her brother
It’s harder for the people around her because they worry if she’s going to hurt herself
What would you do if you see the word a different way than other people

Edited by Feishy Pit Boar, 17 August 2018 - 12:12 AM.

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts
^Anders Breivik

77 killed

True High Score

see the word eh? Then I guess I would be dyslexic which was apparently an advantage during hunter gatherer times, can focus on two deers at once

What would you do if you suddenly had half the day off?

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Often with stuff like that—adsuming I'm already at school or work when it happens—enjoy going home at an unusual hour when all the activity out on the street and so forth, the lighting and the smells and the sound, are different from usual.

(Then, enjoy the delicious feeling of relaxing at home with nothing planned in the middle of the workday.)

What would you do if your dreams started coming true—that is to say, your actual dreams, of the nighttime variety, the ones where a bunch of weird stuff happens, good or bad.

Edited by pokari, 21 August 2018 - 05:42 AM.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

i have been sleeping earlier than usual, and it's actually made the quality of my sleep worse. I have had an interesting dream last night. I was trying to go out with a high school/college friend, and he was trying to move his car out sandwiched between two other cars of his roomates. I woke up, slept again, and then dreamt that I was in the car again and he was driving me back. I think I was back from a party and I was drunk and couldn't remember what just happened. That seems rather banal. I guess I haven't gotten the really weird and serious nightmares in the past, as I used to have. 

wwyd if you want to feel the joys of the past like the simple pleasures of playing video games late into the night, but no longer can

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts
I would go three rooms to my left and get their laptop and play shitty flash games which nobody else likes

What would you do if you had to go to a party but you didnt know how to dance?

pizhhh

pizhhh

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,029 posts
  • Locationin jail

If dancing isn't mandatory then I don't see any problem with me not dancing.

What would you do if you're on the window seat of a plane and you had to go to the washroom, but the people on the middle and aisle seat are soundly sleeping, and you have a bit of social anxiety?