Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Batoto being hyper slow, lately

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
32 replies to this topic

Cʜɪʟʟɪɴ_Pᴀɴᴅᴀ

Cʜɪʟʟɪɴ_Pᴀɴᴅᴀ

Couch Potato

• Donator
  • 2,447 posts
  • LocationMelancholy Hill~

7GUCw.jpg

this is what i get at least 10 times a day.

and sometimes it's so slow that i can make me a tea till it loads :P

Steam   Playlist   Tumblr   Watchlist   M.A.List

Spoiler

Viscoun

Viscoun

Couch Potato

• VisTrans
  • 2,095 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

every time i click a page when reading a manga, the 50x page appears for a moment, and then the next page loads. it doesn't lag the reader by much, but it's a bit disconcerting to see...

also, not sure if it's because it's peak hours (in the US, at least), but everything has been slowing down this past hour.

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
  • LocationHere of course!

I made some changes in hopes that the 50x error appears less often. But might have made it worse... Kind of need to wait until high traffic to tell for sure.

bbnn

bbnn

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

don't mean to hijack the thread but Batoto still seems to run hella slow for me... i'm just wondering if there are any updates regarding this? i am writing this post at this current time as i wait for a page to load :(

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts

don't mean to hijack the thread but Batoto still seems to run hella slow for me... i'm just wondering if there are any updates regarding this? i am writing this post at this current time as i wait for a page to load :(

Is anyone else having issues? I thought it was okay now.

Natureboy

Natureboy

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,162 posts
  • Locationdeep in the forest

Today I only got a couple of 50x pages late this afternoon. Overall the site still seems much less responsive than a few months ago. Some notably slower operations include: "recently updated" button on forums, opening existing topics, posting a comment, adding a "like", response to hover over membername (Sylo theme), waiting for drop-down menus to appear to show notifications, waiting for the login pop-up to appear, and opening personal messenger. 

Loading next comic page times vary quite a bit. Overall they seem significantly slower than back in October-December but faster than in early/mid-March.

I hope this is useful feedback.

(Firefox 27.0.1, with more-or-less the same suite of add-ons as last fall. Adblock disabled on batoto.net. Most operations only timed in Sylo theme. A few, such as waiting for the login panel, timed only in Deluxe. Fast fiber-optic internet connection, with wired connections to Gigabit switches for sharing inside the house.)

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts

Yep. That's quite helpful. 

lonko

lonko

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 12 posts

Is anyone else having issues? I thought it was okay now.

It's being slow for me too...sometimes when reading a chapter pages won't load and I have to refresh.

Also, for example, just now to go on the forum I had to wait about 5 seconds before the forum page loaded. I'm not having any problems on other sites, so I don't think it's a problem on my end.

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts

Okay. I made quite a bit of changes, got some additional monitoring in there too.

I'm currently hoping that everything is a lot better than yesterday even though sat/sun is a lot busier time than friday.

95 percentile (to the worst) went from ~1000ms (1s) to now 500-600ms. Random crap happens, can't really aim for a good 99 percentile. 

When stuff like backups run, slow-down is expected. That's kind of why when people say the time, it's important to distinguish what's happening. Though I don't run backups during the busy hours...

I do worry about some syncing issues with the changes to the caching method. Guess time will tell.

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts

I think I made some significant improvements. I'm expecting the site to be quite fast for everyone right now. My 95 percentile is now down to 150ms. :D Didn't even think this was possible. Quite happy with the results.

⚡lightning07⚡

⚡lightning07⚡

Potato

• Members
  • 179 posts
  • LocationParadise city where the grass is green and the girls are pretty.
Batoto seems faster now. Thanks a lot Grumpy.
output_WD8IW0_zps24b345ad.gif
This amazing signature was made by Viscoun.

Bry

Bry

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts

Is it just me or the site is slow again? I'm really having a hard time reading. I keep on refreshing a page 5-10 times before it completely loads. It took me 20 mins to finish the latest chapter of TOG. I just can't seem to load the whole page successfully. There's always a broken section here and there. I know it's not my internet connection since others sites loads normal.

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts

Is it just me or the site is slow again? I'm really having a hard time reading. I keep on refreshing a page 5-10 times before it completely loads. It took me 20 mins to finish the latest chapter of TOG. I just can't seem to load the whole page successfully. There's always a broken section here and there. I know it's not my internet connection since others sites loads normal.

When you say the "site", do you mean images loading? Or do you mean the pages are slow to load? ToG only has 1 page to load.

I will close this now. As I believe any future post of this type will be a separate (technical) issue from this one. Posting issues is still encouraged. Just in a new topic. ^_^

Edited by Grumpy, 04 April 2014 - 05:22 AM.