Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Batoto being hyper slow, lately

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
32 replies to this topic

Oliverfr

Oliverfr

Potato

• Members
  • 134 posts

Hello,

I'm not trying to throw a rant or bitch around, but I'm half "maybe it's only affecting a fraction of the users, and it would be useful to report this", half "the present situation is so BAD I wanted to mention it anyway".

So, yeah, it's just to report that, at the present time, Batoto is acting super slow. Not the My Follows pages, but when we read a manga. Feng Shen Ji and Tokyo Ghoul were the only ones I tried to read from batoto these last days, and, in both cases, I gave up, having to wait ten seconds between each page is just too much. As it is, the site is unusable.

I tried both image servers, to no visible change.

... "not trying to throw a rant or bitch around", remember ? I simply thought it had to be mentioned, at least.

I hope I won't cause anger or resentment, and if someone miraculously has a solution to make the site load fast again, woohoo, please let me know ;)

(Also, if the Admins want super fast and quite cheap servers, have you see the dedicated server offers by OVH ? I know their French offers, while the US/CAN/UK offers come with slightly difference prices and stronger network restrictions, they simply NUKE the competition in terms of performance, price and network)

theroadstopshere

theroadstopshere

Russet Potato

• Donator
  • 366 posts
  • LocationThat great potato farm in the sky

So far I haven't had more than a few days with page delays on reading chapters, but I've noticed that the comment system and the status-reply system has a real tendency to not work the first few times I try them.

Imagine its probably an issue with the new DDOS-limitation system causing some lower-priority actions to be dropped unexpectedly. Nothing I haven't seen worse of elsewhere.

"Life isn't about lasting through the storms, its about learning to dance in the rain."

Buroguy32

Buroguy32

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 13 posts

I notice too it was slow...,but in the other sites looks fine.., :/

Rhymenoise

Rhymenoise

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • LocationThe Earth

I haven't noticed any difference....

OchaMeido❣

OchaMeido❣

The Head Maid

• Contrib Mods
  • 1,728 posts
  • Location@ the Greenhouse Tea Party~

The site is working fine. It is kind of slow but I think it is because there is heavy traffic.

ןן Tea Party~ ןן "THE BAR" ןן

ןןGuide to Uploading/deltin/sortin ןן

ןן[Must read] COMMENT SECTIONS RULES ן

Follow the comment sections' rules or else, you will be hanging at the edge of an cliff ^^
It maybe one step closer to death's door or an extension of your life's time.

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

Equine non grata

• Members
  • 3,853 posts
  • LocationSan Escobar

No idea about the reader, but for some days already the forum part of the site seems to have been rather laggy for me (with constant shifts from 'loading fluently' to 'taking (tens of) seconds to load a page', sometimes going into "maintenance/high traffic" error page). Not sure what to think of it, as previously most of the traffic that burdened the reader didn't affect the forum in any noticeable way.

Mod-in-Disguise

FlQCNQa.gif

You <3

Whoever decided to delete this was an idiot.

| Handwritten kanji recognition || KanjiTomo || Kanji converter || J<->E Dictionary |

⚡lightning07⚡

⚡lightning07⚡

Potato

• Members
  • 179 posts
  • LocationParadise city where the grass is green and the girls are pretty.
Pretty slow. Clicking once doesn't seem to load a page. However, I have devised a system that works when there is heavy traffic.
Spoiler

output_WD8IW0_zps24b345ad.gif
This amazing signature was made by Viscoun.

Rol

Rol

Oui Purée

• Donator
  • 3,270 posts

No idea about the reader, but for some days already the forum part of the site seems to have been rather laggy for me (with constant shifts from 'loading fluently' to 'taking (tens of) seconds to load a page', sometimes going into "maintenance/high traffic" error page). Not sure what to think of it, as previously most of the traffic that burdened the reader didn't affect the forum in any noticeable way.

Same here for me.

wtjpw658v4xz.gif

Kelohmello

Kelohmello

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

Glad I'm not the only one it's loading horribly slow for. Not just the reader, the entire site. Most of the day it takes forever to load a single page, and for only very scant moments, maybe a couple minutes every few hours, it goes back to normal, acceptable speeds. For me it's been like this for several weeks now. Even though I'd like to use this site it's getting to the point where I should probably just go elsewhere, which is a shame.

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
  • LocationHere of course!

Well, I don't see any load issues (to a point of "hyper slow") or any error messages populating for me. 

Can you try logging out and browsing? See if that makes a difference. Poking at some thoughts of mine...

Edit: And I do want to see if people have difficulty with connection to Batoto. It's the only way I can initiate resolution.

Viscoun

Viscoun

Couch Potato

• VisTrans
  • 2,095 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

it occasionally lags up, and i have to wait a minute or two for it to load again. but aside from the occasional freeze, it's not too bad.

though it is pretty slow nowadays.

Natureboy

Natureboy

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,162 posts
  • Locationdeep in the forest

Got several 40450x/Batoto not ready pages yesterday and the day before. Mostly when trying to post forum comments. Sometimes when reloading P. Hell with "Recently Updated" button. They were outside the old 11PM & 12 midnight EST/EDT ~2-5 min. maintenance windows, when I'm used to seeing those messages.

For the comments: browser back, copy, forward, paste, re-send, or simple re-send worked, so I didn't lose anything I'd written.

Edited by NatureBoy, 25 March 2014 - 11:19 PM.

Mrvirus

Mrvirus

Potato

• Donator
  • 142 posts

it's very slow for me around night night time

Posted Image

Curiositi

Curiositi

Potato Sprout

• Donator
  • 5 posts

Just want to add, for me batoto is a huge memory leak probably due to scripts and ads. in chromes task manager i was getting over 1gb memory usage on each tab open. Just for testing purposes i re enabled my adblock and ghostery and its yet to go over 100,000 mb. since it would happen on pages that didnt look like they had ads, i want to say that i think one or two of the scripts batoto uses can cause it.

To note though, i havent done much in the way of testing it because it takes a few hours to get up to a gb of memory.

NiceBoat

NiceBoat

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 23 posts

Pretty slow for me, atm. 

Uno

Uno

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • LocationAn Older Place

Grumpy: I tried to read a random comic logged out on another browser, and it was still slow, but it was still a tad bit faster than reading while online.. Maybe it depends on when you try to load the pages?

Edit: sent my message without finishing... -.-'

I was trying with Chrome and while loading next page it came up this icon for image not loading, but then the image appears after some more loading. Was not able to catch it on print screen though. Too slow. lol

Edited by Uno, 23 March 2014 - 07:19 PM.

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts

The last 2hrs ~ now is rather an exception. One of the server was misbehaving... That server is still not exactly functioning properly. Still investigating right now.

Gnah

Gnah

Fingerling Potato

• Donator
  • 64 posts

I'd be happy if the site was slow. I am only getting a blank white page when trying to access the main page or any manga page. Forum, groups or members works however, so it's only the comic-related stuff. Don't know if that's part of your investigation, but I'll just leave that here.

edit: 5min later, everything works fine again. Forget I said something. Carry on being grumpy, Grumpy.

Edited by Gnah, 23 March 2014 - 07:55 PM.

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts

Yeah, was only for a bit while I fixed some stuff.

The hoard of errors being generated stopped. at least for me... Not sure if everyone feels like the speed is back to normal.

edit: looking at throughput, also seems like it's normal for others. At least a significant majority.

Vigge

Vigge

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationSweden

Speed is back, thank you Grumpy! :)