Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Theories dump thread!

• Please log in to reply
578 replies to this topic

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts

The lot of us come up with all sorts of theories, and eventually they get lost within the dozens and dozens of pages of posts (especially when the theory doesn't get verified or disproved after 100+ chapters).

So I'm starting a thread for you to dump your short theories, so we can keep track of which ones come true! Just dump them all here, no matter how crazy, and come back a couple of years later to see what was right or wrong. Justifications are completely optional!

Rules: to help keep track, avoid making this a discussion thread. If you want to ask someone about a theory they've had, ask it in the General discussions thread. But you can post to brag if something turns out correct I guess. :3

--

Theories:

The #1 AA is:

- The Priest of Light in Eloth, who saved Eloth from annihilation in N0 by single-handedly operating all the turrets (ch. 64)

- He's also Saha On, Lorraine's 'not-buff-enough' fiance (name first mentioned in ch. 22)

- He's among those who hid Rao's wife and daughter away after N0, so he purposely denied Asha access to the human search system in N11 (ch. 2-20)

- Was a God summoner (I think that's him in ch. 6), not sure about now.

Kubera Leez:

- Actually has Ananta's Name as well (which is being sealed by God Kubera's Name), which is why he appeared in her dream (ch. 2-22)

- Has a Sura (?) form (ch. 2-33 reflection).

- Will end up in the Sura realm.

- Will turn out to be the 'final villain' (more or less), causing massive damage to both Sura and Gods.

- Has probably already figured out God Kubera's true identity, by the latest after learning Agni's true identity: he fits the description Agni gave in Atera, he says the bracelet belongs to him (she then found out it was God Kubera's in Kalibloom), plus the magic/transcendental thing, plus the Name thing. She might have figured it out earlier, but dismissed it as too far-fetched until she saw Agni as well.

Rao Leez:

- Is not Triple Kubera (his birthday is not on the calendar in ch. 1), but Triple Vayu.

- Is the one who summoned Vayu in N5 to bring the last transport to Atera (ch. 64).

God Kubera's Name:

- There are actually multiple targets (either fragmenting or sealing his Name). Killing targets will cause the survivors, including God Kubera himself to become 'stronger', which is why Leez noted she was getting stronger in ch. 33 (due to other targets being killed off by Maruna), while Sagara noted that their mission had failed because God Kubera's power remained 'unchanged' in ch. 85.

- Asha Rahiro was also going around killing targets too, thus accounting for the 29+ counts of 'involuntary homicide by magical accident' (ch. 2-7 and 2-20). Either that, or she was trying to save them, was too late, and got saddled with the blame. She was planning on making Leez the only one to survive.

Asha's mother:

- Is the one Agni is looking for. She may be a God and is connected to this Power of the Name business.

- Could have been the one who really summoned Agni in N5. She was killed before he got to her though, so Agni went to the other summoner: Brilith.

- Could be the reason why Agni wasn't protecting Atera alongside Jibril in N5: he went to Carte.

(these last two theories are mutually exclusive)

Clan Names:

- Kalavinka is the one with the Garuda clan's Name. She's the only one so far who actually cares about staying hidden. :\ And as much as she cares about her siblings, she won't side with Maruna's plans (more sibling conflicts yey).

- Leny may be hiding the Kinnara clan's Name, which is the true reason Shess is protecting her.

- Ran, being the current Yaksha King's grandson, may be hiding the Yaksha clan's Name without knowing, or is otherwise involved in the Name business (if you need a 'how', Visnu is 'how': he's the one who set up Ran's grandparents). Asha already had him on the list of people to maybe pick up, which is the true reason she was so mad at Ran's behavior (ch. 54): because yet another of her targets turned out to be a brat. She actually worried for his safety in Kalibloom precisely because he has a role (ch. 2-78).

- Airavata used the Power of the Name to take over the position of King from Kinnara, the same way Sagara did.

Yuta and the Taraka clan:

- They get stronger if they eat strong prey by absorbing their Name (has not been noticed as a major problem until now because they're weak, but will be a serious problem later on)

N995 (the year Rao Leez won the fighter tournament):

- Taksaka, Kasak, Agwen, Claude, Airi, and maybe Ran and Parr all met (to watch the fighter tournament)

- There were major revelations at this date, which is the true reason why Airi, Agwen (ch. 2-2) and maybe Ran's memories of the event were all wiped out (Ran doesn't remember Parr because of this). Even now, something is controlling Agwen, and that 'someone' is the one who threatened Brilith when Agni went to Kalibloom (ch. 2-70).

Whelp, I didn't really expect to post that many.

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,
Official English Webtoons: https://www.webtoons.com

Chris Rosenkreutz

Chris Rosenkreutz

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 54 posts

Theories with no evidence. I'm in.

I no longer believe these:
-Alex is Ananta
-Yuta's name is Garuda (Like many here, I now think Kalavinka's the one.)

On Kali's suicide:
-Kali caused all these Power of the Name shenanigans because she is ideologically opposed to the oldest beings in the universe having all the power. Contrary to what the narrator of Asha's heresy thought, she's no hypocrite.
-Yuta's name is Kali.
-The sword of Re worked for it's intended purpose. Vishnu was forced to use his time manipulation to extend Shiva and Kali's lives until they could all work out how to die without breaking the universe. However this came at the cost of his own future. The end result: Cataclysm.
-Taksaka will have to destroy the universe now that Shiva is indisposed. At least the Gods will never win against the Nastika.
-Alex may be following Kali's suicide plan with the sword of Re and Power of the Name.

On Alex and Sagara's love:
-Alex's current aim with Sagara and Leez is not to kill Leez; it is to get Leez to kill Sagara and co. so he can weasel out of his promise to spare them. He let Leez live because his insight showed her killing countless Sura.
-Sagara wants to use the power of the name to kill Alex in revenge for Ananta. So there's also a possibility she'll be on Leez's side in the end.

Others:
-Rao was called Kubera before Leez. Alex arranged his death but he was too late to get the name back. Chief Suspects: Alex, Gandharva and, for crack, Asha.
-Shakuntala made a deal with Alex to return to Carte. Of course, trouble followed in the form of Taraka and Gandharva and it all went downhill. She's now on Willarv.

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts

^ Nice ones! xD Come on guys, I know you've all had some great theories all this time, cough them up!

Names:

• Nastika and Astika are both Names as well. The Name Astika was already meddled with, which is why the Gods have forbidden the use of the term (ch. 99).
  • In N0, the Name Nastika was meddled with somehow. This caused a reaction in all Nastika including Nastika Kings, which is the true reason for the massive case of emotional resonation in N0 (ch. 60).

Asha:

• The woman in Asha's thoughts in Ch. 91 is Shuri. She left with Visnu in N0 (ch. 93), and showed herself to Asha in Carte in N5 alongside Visnu.
  • Asha's mother was quite cold towards her. Asha was speaking from experience when said 'You'll find that you miss even this 'frigid attitude' of mine... when I am no longer with you.' (ch.2-24)

Gods:

• God Kubera could no longer merge his items after he lost his Name, which is why he leaves his weapons at the Temple of Earth. Alternatively, these particular weapons are special for some reason.
  • Some time between N0 and N5, when the Golden Knight was stolen, God Kubera tracked down the thief and beat him up (like the thieves in ch. 30). He then went to Carte with the Golden Knight and his weapons in N5 (ch. 2-21). After that, he had no use for the Golden Knight for a while, so he found the thief and handed the Golden Knight 'back' to him. The thief was so traumatized by the incident that he sold the Golden Knight to the first person who wanted it at any price she offered, i.e. Lorraine for 200 gold (ch. 2-17). This is why he didn't bother selling it back to the Temple at a higher price (ch. 30).
  • Varuna hates Sura, in particular Gandharva, for destroying the planet she was protecting, Gresvan, around D1 (Ch. 2-27). For this reason, there was no way she'd ever accept to make an Ocean for the Gandharva clan.
  • Agni was napping on a red giant star when Gandharva swallowed it on purpose (because Agni was napping on it) (ch. 2-27). He whined about the fact to Varuna, who then complained about his whining to the people in her Temple in D920 when she was summoned to Willarv. Said people then diligently recorded her words of wisdom.

Gandharva and his family:

• Gandharva likes funny people. Was Menaka actually a funny person?
  • Menaka and Shakuntala were both taken hostage, and Visnu told Menaka beforehand that out of her and Shakuntala, only one can survive (or maybe Gandharva would die instead). So Menaka let herself be killed in front of Gandharva, without Gandharva being able to do a thing (ch. 2-58).
  • Shakuntala is still alive. Cloche used her ability on some other dead Sura's blood, and saw Shakuntala about to be killed. However, she didn't actually see Shakuntala dying.

Taraka:

• Taraka made a deal with God Kubera to attack the Gandharva clan (she was fine with it since she hated Gandharva for helping hide her son), then to help destroy Carte. As soon as she trashed the Gandharva clan, she left for the human realm. After helping to destroy Carte, she waited in Carte's Water Channels, where as promised, God Kubera brought her son. Ironically, because she had left for the human realm, Shakuntala was not further persecuted in the Sura realm.

Leez:

• Leez realized that her whole village was lying to her all along. However, she also realized that despite that, she still misses them above all. This is part of the reason why she tolerates the attitude of her current companions: because she knows that in the end, their absence will be more painful than the mere fact that they're lying to her.

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,
Official English Webtoons: https://www.webtoons.com

themantarays

themantarays

~A Majestic Ray of Light in the Dark of the Internet~ ☼_☼

• Comic Mods
  • 1,933 posts

I'm sorry, Mizura, I've had too many theories to recite them all. >.<

I remember thinking that God Kubera was actually trying to kill them all when he let them invade Atera the second time, I said something recently about there being a new universe, I thought Yama was the God of the Death of Names but I'm backing away from that one, I pointed out that when Leez is killed seems to matter, I think Yuta's development/birth gave rise to the increased power of the Chaos when they invaded the Gandharva, I think I came up with the power of the name being the Power of Naming, and now I'm going to add that whenever Leez is taken over by whoever, she sees a vision of her family and she becomes happy in order for her to gain "infinite" vigor.

Edited by themantarays, 17 March 2014 - 02:01 PM.

Marim

Marim

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 373 posts

ok, here goes my recent theory:

,,Happiness":

- The person who suggested name 'Kubera' for Leez claimed, she would be the happiest person alive in the world. But as we found out from latest chapter it might not be case at all. "Fake Leez" was concluding: Humans' vigor recovers faster when they are happy, so depending on mindset their vigor could be infinite,

Therefore, if Leez will be able to control her emotions = her vigor will never run out = her powers will never be diminished = < She will be the strongest existence with this.

In conclusion, Leez will be the happiest (and the strongest) person in the world <_<

- Who was the one who suggested the name? - I place my wager on Visnu, since he's God known with the most powerful insight and as we saw in Finite and actual comic, he lets on tidbits of future scenarios to everyone, but doesn't tell actual, severe consequences which leads to everyone's tragedies. It happens mostly because, Visnu's favorite phrase is "I don't know myself" and is trying to manipulate everyone for his own motives, even though most of them are his friends.

Ironandpeaches

Ironandpeaches

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 72 posts

Asha is part god. I think there have been enough hints at this already.

I'm going to choose a different route on the Red Lady's identity in 1.91 and say it's Asha's mother. If it was just the Red Lady by herself, then it could be anyone from Asha's past, but it's shown together with a memory of Rao's love for his daughter. A cold and practical mother contrasted with a warm and loving father.

Though my initial thoughts that she's Asha's inner demon haven't changed either, especially since that "Why you, and not me...?" line in 2.78 that's also in red.

Claude is in contact with God Kubera or knows that he is on Willarv and wants to make contact with him for some reason. I think Claude is someone who has spent a lot of time figuring out the majority of the situation by himself because no one wants to tell him anything. 

I believe that Shuri is in hiding because her name has special value. Once Visnu disappeared, she no longer felt safe. Just like Anata's name is destined to be the strongest, her name is something important enough that other people would try to steal or destroy. 

Edited by Ironandpeaches, 18 March 2014 - 01:33 AM.

Leena

Leena

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts
Asha was supposed to host the power of the name but didn't get the chance to do so.. Theory with no evidence :D. er, Idon't know if someone already mentioned this but in the comments section of the webtoon, someone speculated yuta's name to be nayuta which was one of the thousand names of visnu that meant incapable of doing mistakes.. But that's next to impossible right? so perhaps this was Kali's given name to her son.

smthFishy

smthFishy

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,251 posts
  • Locationsubmerged

Asha was supposed to host the Name but didn't get the chance to do so. The evidence lies in her ramblings in the Water Channel where she says it's better for her if Leez did not learn magic, the flashback that "the most useful function has been given to the most useless pawn", and her cryptic remark to Yuta what if one day, the two are going to fight (I am hoping that day never comes, because it will be the end of one if not both of them T_T). She and Leez are competitors, if not "sisters", not unlike Maruna and Yuta, who are candidates in the Name Game.

I like your idea of the "infallible" name. Only according to Wikipedia I think the Name is Acyutah, one will not loose his powers. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acyutah

Edit: upon further research, it looks like while the name certainly sounds similar to "Yuta", the meaning can only fit Visnu or a Primitive God. "Acyutah" can also mean "without 6 stages", which are birth, existence, growth, transformation, dwindling and death. Yuta clearly grows and can die if he doesn't keep eating. Darn it.

Edited by Old Man River, 18 March 2014 - 06:56 AM.

Leena

Leena

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts
Oh I see, thank you old man river for the clarification..

Acyuta really is a perfect name for him right? I was actually thinking that since his existence is theoretically impossible, perhaps for him, there could be a 6th stage evolution that yuta can only achieve..

Simm

Simm

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 15 posts

Theories. Me love theories.

Ananta lost his name by admitting defeat, 'cause name "Ananta" meant the strongest, hence he could never be defeated, but he was, thus breaking out of his name's concept and losing the name.

The same goes for any other Nastika. They have some concept behind their names, that blends with their personality, making them what they are.

The name of the clan is somehow connected with the name of the clan's First King.

Visnu tried to cheat with creating of the Universe by withholding dangerous names. Not trying to find place for them in the great scheme of things, but just not using them at all. Kali was against his roundabout ways and put names to good use herself. Shiva didn't think much of Kali's "good use" and after some clashes with her dicided to end this universe and start again from scratch. Visnu had another ideas though, so he got rid of Shiva using infamous roundabout ways. And what of Brahma? She did the damn job, not caring for all the Santa Barbara. Why raising a ruckus? Shit happens all the time.

Arhadon

Arhadon

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

Hello, I wanted to post my own theory too ^^ Its about Leez "death".

From what I remember, Kubera once said that he is the one to choose when Leez will die. Claude's spell showed us that her time is going to end kinda early. So its either that God Kubera chooses to kill her that day (somehow i find it unlikely), or her time will end 'naturally' that day. It was said that each person have counted maximum of the time they can live, but they can end they life eariel. But theres an way to cheat, right? Like Agni did with Brilith. Maybe it will happen again and someone will fight with Yama for Leez or something like that? But it should be an god, I dobout that sura/nastika and humans would be able to enter hell, but im not sure.

Yes, she was looking really lonely on the insight of her dying, like she was left all anyone. But maybe she was.. waiting? Agni said something like that Leez will have someone that will stay with her until the end. Maybe that person left her body alone just to take her back?

seileene

seileene

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 26 posts

Hrrm, well this is fun. I almost like reading what other people come up with more, but I suppose I'll pitch in, too. Zero evidence FTW.

Time itself was unraveling in the Water Channel. Normally it intertwines itself and changes periodically, but with time unraveling, all of the areas basically existed in the same place at the same time. Because Visnu, being time itself, lost his influence there, the earrings could not regenerate.

God Kubera won't openly reclaim his items, hence sending the anantas out to steal them. I'm supposing he doesn't want the attention from the other gods.

Yuta has Kali's collection of corrupted nastika names.

Kali destroyed herself by splitting her name, identity and domain. Yuta received the chaos domain, Taraka her identity, and Kalavinka got Kali's name.

Maruna has his father's name, and his development gradually sapped away at Garuda's strength. The father fell comatose as Maruna hit fourth stage, and will die if Maruna ever hits fifth. With all this in mind, Maruna's slower than sludge growth was an astounding blessing in disguise.

The resurgence of chaos magic is tied to fiend magic returning as well.

LovelyLuvLuv

LovelyLuvLuv

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 363 posts

i have a theory that the longer currygom stays away from the gandharva&teo storyline, the more likely  for teo to be alive. since she was frozen, and the body isn't found, and we have since heard nothing. oh teo. please be alive! 

UltimateBaka

UltimateBaka

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 67 posts

Oh oh I wanna try, I wanna try.

Hmm, I've always thought that Yuta will somehow manage to take Leez back to the Sura realm (willingly or unwillingly). OR The human realm and the Sura realm will somehow merge.
I also thought that somehow, that random person or thing that controls Leez is only able to be subdued by Yuta, hence why he was 'meant' be a part of their group because he was the only one who could do that. I think someone might have said that before. Oh that's awkward.

Also, I always thought that when Asha referred to 'them' I was thinking that she was talking about the Primeval Gods. And this is just completely random, but I thought that maybe Visnu may be the one controlling Leez...somehow...maybe...

And since Visnu said himself that he no longer exists in 'this form' or something along those lines, I thought that maybe he had changed himself to become human? Or something else... that's why his ear-rings cracked, because he no longer had his powers so it couldn't regenerate....eh...I don't know XP

Edited by UltimateBaka, 05 April 2014 - 04:16 AM.

TERO

TERO

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 42 posts

Asha's revenge involves taking down God Kubera. Asha is related to Ananta. (ch. 2-21)

Yuta will reach 4th, or a higher, stage (he gets a Garuda mask). (chs. 98-99)

God Kubera will be the one who stays with Leez in the end. (ch. 84, 2-66)

Ran will live to be super old.

EDIT: Changed my mind again and again.

Edited by TERO, 01 April 2014 - 06:19 AM.

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 3,395 posts
Asha has given up her sexuality in return for badass magic powers.

Tierra

Tierra

Baked Potato

• The Company
  • 1,912 posts
  • LocationGermany

Hm...

- Lorraine hides her eyes because it´s atypical for purebloods to have mismatching eye and hair color.

- Maybe Ran´s "special move" is something like magic affiliated with Yaksha (fiendish magic).. But Yaksha is dead, so it uses up his life force. (A bit like Asha and Visnu?) Or it was just fiendish magic and life force consumption is the penalty.

~*~ Kubera ~*~ Kubera Wiki ~*~ Kubera Fanart ~*~ Kubera TL(En)~*~

~*~ Smile today, tomorrow could be worse. ~*~

Tsubaki

Tsubaki

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • LocationEurope

Just had another readtrough , now I’ll join the fun xD

Yuta has a the name of a primeval god. He damaged Visnu’s earings, I think it was him who caused the water channel to crumble and like Asha said only something that has at least equal power to the gods who made them could cause this. Another point is that Chaos Sura can’t block the magic of primeval gods… Hoti Brahma works, Hoti Visnu works… but Agwen’s Hoti Brahma failed in the presence of Yuta… here we go again with the equal power. I’m making this wild guess that his name is Shiva… I think Kali tried to kill him with the Sword of Re because she wanted the name. Nowadays I wonder if Yuta as both Shiva and Kali’s name… and thus he is the masterpiece. The second attribute of the primeval gods could play a role on this, too.

Another silly reason is that Yuta's developed Sura- form totaly reminds me of what we have seen from Shiva so far... like hair, scarf, arms and legs o_o;

I also came to think that Garuda’s name is with Yuta. It’s the sword… Regarding the Staff of Agni Brilith asks Agni if parts of his body can be seperated into items, Agni says it’s not necessarily part of his ‘body’  so I’m guessing it’s part of his power,his whole ‘concept’.

Since I don’t really believe that a Nastika would carry a god-item (why should they wear a weapon in the first place, powerfull as they are?), and why did he give it to Maruna…  plus we saw Hanuman holding a staff while assissting the Gandharva, so I thought it might also be possible for the power of a clan to be transferred to an item and like that the position of the king is passed on. Could also be that Garuda fell into a coma because of that… like when the realms got devided and Yuta stayed in the human realm with the sword he was cut off from a part of his existence.

With no evidence

• Asha’s furr-cloak is part of Shuri
  • Asha’s using Visnu’s powers to get glimpses of the future
  • Yaksha’s death has to do something with the humans renouncing the Sura
  • Ran will learn how to use the Neutral Bow and that’s exacltly what Asha wants
  • I too think that Ran can use fiendish magic and thats why he actually was denied to become an AA and is not really trusted
  • In N0 something got really messed up… mayebe due to Leez’ birth.  Shiva thought it was time to bring the current universe to an end but was somehow stopped by Visnu
  • For some reasons Visnu and Kali tried to prevent the current universe from destruction, with all means and their own methods
  • I actually thought that Saha On is this pinkish woman who took the Staff of Agni whith her when leaving Atera, but I like Mizura’s theory better xD
  • The ‘they’ Maruna mentioned while fighting Yuta, which are only after the power of the name and can’t be defeated by both of them, are the same 'they', Asha mentions when first meeting Yuta '‘they have decided to give me some help to even out the odds. But if the situation changes they may just as easily turn against me. That why I cannot trust them.’'  Guessing that ‘they’ are the ‘ghosts’ that seem to posses people like it happened with Leez and propably Agwen. And I’m pretty shure Asha was taken over when she strangled Leez… could be she knows stuff like that happens and thus sleeps in a separate room and if not possible in this immobilizing sleeping bag. It was Yuta's fault for letting Leez' door unlocked… joking xD

Just crossed my mind

• Sagara ate Shakuntala.
  • Leez is so resistant to the cold but vulnerable to the heat because she is related to the Gandharva clan.
  • Asha’s name is Kubera, too. But thus she couldn’t be raised  under that name for 15 years, she can’t take it over. 
  • The Sura were actually after Asha. Leez’ village got destroyed because they were following her.

English is not my first language, and its often hard enough for me to arrange my toughts in my first language. I'm trying hard to make sense and to not sound rude.

BronzeWings

BronzeWings

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 70 posts

oooh looks exciting :D

1) Shakuntala/Gandharva clan:

i agree with mizura that shakuntala is probably alive.  i also feel like she wasn't entirely the sweet little flower girl that she always seemed - i thought her conversations with gandharva about making an ocean were weird, it was almost like she was guilting him into making an ocean, and then immediately backtracking and asking him not to.  also, i never fully understood her decision to want to stay behind - even if it was the more noble thing to do, she still had obligations to the clan as the king's daughter, so, harsh as it may be, she had a responsibility to go along to safety.  i think she must've had some other reason to stay behind, possibly relating to the power of the name.

but then, i might just be over-analyzing her because she seems so flat (in characterization) compared to the rest of the cast.

i also think that visnu, as unreliable as he is, probably wasn't entirely lying about the ocean - he just didn't say when the gandharva clan would get it.  i think that, eventually, an ocean will be created by them (but maybe not by varuna.  ran is triple varuna though, so maybe ran could do it?  not sure why he'd want to...) 

2) Asha/Leez

i thought that asha's "why you, and not me" comment was directed at the person controlling leez - as if to say, why is it that you're the one protecting leez, instead of me.  i also think that asha's comments in the last chapter, about leez just pretending to be nice, were maybe more true than any of the characters realizes.  it's true that leez puts on a front to preserve the peace and keep herself from being a burden, but her motive for doing so is to ensure that her friends don't abandon her; and furthermore leez is a lot more intelligent and observant than ran realizes.

to be clear - leez is my favorite character, and i don't think she's evil, but i do think that she's not entirely truthful.  and asha probably has realized by now that leez has had contact with the god kubera, who is (probably) her target for revenge; and asha also probably already knows that leez is going to be a formidable foe/killer in the future.  so i don't think that asha is necessarily wrong, jealous, or hateful when she's saying those things about leez - i think she's more sad, and probably bitter, about the fact that they are going to end up as enemies.

3) Leez's death

huuuuge wishful thinking on my part, but this would make me incredibly happy if this were true.  maybe there's something about yuta (he messes with all kinds of other rules anyway) that gives him the ability to keep people from dying?  i.e. maybe leez getting "killed" by yuta is what changes her from a human into a god, and maybe yuta knows this, and that's why he wants her to die at no hand other than his.  i also think it's significant that yuta was using the sword of re to kill leez in taraka's vision; the sword of re cuts a path between the sura realm and the human realm, so maybe it has other unexpected uses?  but of course i'm a big yuta/leez shipper, so...

4) Sagara

i wonder if ananta realized he was getting swindled and made some kind of contingency plan; and i think vasuki was probably in on it.  vasuki has always been pretty self-sacrificing in other behaviors, and he was the second strongest in the clan, and so it's really surprising that he would've just abandoned ananta to his fate.  i think he, and ananta, probably knew exactly what they were doing.  i also think that ananta wanted sagara to be king, and vasuki's refusal to take the throne was as much for ananta's sake as for sagara's.

5) Teooo

please be alive! <3  although i have a feeling that if she is alive, it would probably be at the cost of gandharva's life.  somehow i can't imagine a happy future for the two of them - he has way too much baggage, and as nice as she is, there's no way she should forgive him for being complicit in the destruction of her city.  if she's alive. :(

i also hope gandharva isn't dead.  i love gandharva too.  currygom why do you do this to me :( :(

6) Sword of Re

so apparently kali made this sword to kill shiva, and its major attributes are that it a) stops regeneration powers and B) cuts through between the sura realm and the human realm.  the first attribute makes sense, but the second seems kind of extraneous, like it doesn't seem to improve its chances of killing shiva.  this, and the fact that kali would spend time making it and then just "throw it away," makes me think that the real purpose of the sword of re is different from what the story makes it sound like.  maybe it was meant to kill shiva, but i think that kali also made it with the intention that it would be used by humans (or maybe her son)...so we'll see.

7) Leez's controller

i agree that leez's controller is probably the person who told rao that needed to name his child kubera (to ensure her a happy future).  i also think that the controller also was the one who set up leez's village and childhood - her village is isolated, and mostly imaginary, so it seems like it was an excellent way to protect her from god kubera.  and protecting leez is something that a person who "wishes her happiness" would probably want to do.

i thought it was significant that the only real people in the village (maybe? unless they were all spirited away somewhere?) were leez, kaz, and haas lehn.  kaz, who is a triple-nil attribute!  this makes me think that leez's controller, who recognizes yuta, knows how to use the sword of re, leaves no memories behind, and makes weirdly twisted predictions, is probably kali.

on a related note, i thought that leez's village was either comprised of entirely imaginary people (minus herself and kaz and haas), or asha was the one who saved them and sent them all away just in time.  we see asha walking around in an early panel while leez is walking into the woods, and so she may have had time to go to the village and send everyone to who knows where before maruna's attack hit (thus explaining the zero death toll).

Edited by BronzeWings, 03 April 2014 - 04:13 AM.

Techmaga

Techmaga

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 25 posts

Actually, now that you mention it. I remember a scene where Asha was saying sorry, sorry, that she's sorry after the flasback of Rao saying he wishes happiness for her daughter, Kubera... That made me think that there is also the possibility that it was Asha who manipulated Rao into naming the daughter Kubera and is sorry about it.

Asha and Rao seemed to be acquaintances if not friends, after all.