Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Trace 2.0 Raws Discussion

Trace Raws Spoiler

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Gizmos

Gizmos

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 854 posts
Let's talk about latest raws here~
You can find them here; http://webtoon.daum.net/webtoon/view/trace2

Any ideas about what Bumgi's trace ability will be? The episode(or season?) name Armor line suggest that the lines has something to do with an armor, lol. But only one arm armor is not convenient for a main hero. He needs an attack power since bullets doesn't work on most traces.
Also, lines look cool but would be cooler if it was a full body :D
So what do you think?

Rexenik

Rexenik

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 33 posts
  • LocationThe astral plane.

I was also thinking something along the lines of a defensive ability because of the episode name "Armor Line" and it's probably something like "the more lines that are lit up, the stronger the power will be".

Also, when Suh first sees his Trace lines and ducks down, a stream of light comes out from the ring, I think this has something to do with his ability and isn't just there for no reason.

Edited by Rexenik, 12 March 2014 - 01:30 AM.

sig3redux.png?t=1388669535

Paper

Paper

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 498 posts
  • LocationStaring at an abyss that refuses to stare back

I think it looks pretty unique. I personally like the lines, and from the looks of things, it appears to be asymmetric in that it only appears on one arm. It's a little too soon to tell exactly what it does, and I can't tell if the glowing lines are affecting the steam/water in the shower (near the end of the 16th chapter) or if that's just the light being reflected off.

I'm thinking he'll hide the fact he's a Trace, so that he can still put up the facade of being a regular police officer. It really seems like the corruption within the Trace Police organization extends much further than it did in Trace 1.5. They just seem so, what's the word, complacent?

Edit:

Ohhh, here's a little thought. I wonder what he'd look like/become, if he was damage-carved or whatever by that one guy from the first Trace?

Edited by Paper, 12 March 2014 - 01:33 AM.

Spoiler

falk182

falk182

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 76 posts

I like it, it's subtle and I'm sure he'll be able to disguise it for a while.  I initially thought the black stripes were actually straps for his holster or something, though - I'm wondering if his emotional connection with the police force has influenced his trace power that way.

I'd love it if his power made him be able to detain criminals with ease!

Posted Image

falk182

falk182

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 76 posts

Very confused...is this a rehash of the previous situation?  So is it a time travel ability?  Or is he merely in a similar situation and his arm's acting up to defend against the trace?

Posted Image

sunadajae

sunadajae

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 37 posts

Very confused...is this a rehash of the previous situation?  So is it a time travel ability?  Or is he merely in a similar situation and his arm's acting up to defend against the trace?

No, it's all new: here's a rehash of ch 17/18:

Suh tries to investigate his ability; it doesn't give him more strength or protect him from injury, he can't figure out what it does.  He also tries to get added to the investigation team for the Swindlers but he's shot down.  Someone taps him on the back.

It turns out it's that drug dealer from before.  He knocks Suh out and interrogates him about his underlings.  He says when he got back to his hideout, they were all dead, so he ran back to find Bumgi and saw the swindlers coming out.  Then he sees some crazy bastard trying to kill Suh (he says).  He barges in, saying "that bastard is mine! don't touch him!". Mr. Druggie says, "oh, a familiar face, huh? Weren't you arrested?"  The trace police show up as Druggie is attacking and the dealer gets arrested "That guy seems to know me, but I've never once met that kind of creepy bastard."  Soon his connections let him out of jail.  Suh balks at his easy release. Dealer says "Do you get it now?" Suh never had a chance from the start and demands he tells him what happened to his underlings. Suh says the lunatic the dealer fought with killed them, and that he was in fact going to catch him when the Swindlers came.  Dealer realizes it must have been his supplier.  Suh realizes that Druggie really did come to kill him, and that if the swindlers hadn't come he would have been killed by druggie or dealer that day.  Suh says they should combine their strengths, as both of them have lost people as important as family.  Druggie with definitely come back to kill him someday; he wants the swindlers and dealer wants druggie.  Dealer says "what strength do you have? how dare a mere human try to deal with me.  I'll kill you!" Suh thinks; human? I can no longer call myself human, as his armbands explode. He notes all 5 are lit up

whatever his ability is, I'm guessing it has to charge to all 5 bands before he can use it.

I can't decide if Mr. Druggie has really totally gone off the deep end or not.  Was he really going to kill him, or was he drugging him or something?  If he was really going to kill him, why did he go through all that trouble of saving him to kill him instead of just letting the swindlers do it? Probably just because he's nuts, I guess.

Edited by sunadajae, 18 March 2014 - 07:16 AM.

Rexenik

Rexenik

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 33 posts

This is something I noticed in chapter 19, on Suh's arm, the line locations are as follows:
1 - The wrist.
2 - Between the wrist and the elbow.
3 - The elbow.
4 - Between the wrist and the shoulder.
5 - Before the shoulder.

After his arm reforms, the lines around Suh's elbow and wrist are gone.

Gizmos

Gizmos

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 854 posts
Nice catch! It seems the detached parts changed colors, could it be he can control them also? Using his hand like detective gadget? If he continues to grow arms until no line left he can have 5 detached arms with 15 different parts. Though i am not sure what he can do with middle parts... Hopefully Nastycat will show us in 10 more chapters, heh

falk182

falk182

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 76 posts

HE'S GONNA BE FRICKIN' IRON MAN!!!

Posted Image

Slimy Fast Eel

Slimy Fast Eel

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 408 posts
  • LocationColombia

I think that his arms/weapons have some kind of connection with the world of the troubles too, what druggie is doing, plus swindlers bussiness and now He got this power related too, the story is gonna get really messy, The trouble's God must be preparing an all out attack on the humans world and beggar character knows about it, what will he have to doo this time to save the world?. I smell a massive killing this time 

qujDmEH.jpg?1

bwwob bwwwobbubwub

Spoiler

A gross one

Spoiler

picode

picode

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

I miss Mr Beggar. I wish he comes out soon.

sunadajae

sunadajae

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 37 posts

I think that symbol is officially bumki's front seat ticket to the next averted apocalypse.

So according to the new chapter, not only is Suh the Trace Iron Man, but his face mask is connected to the air of the other world, and breathing it makes him stronger.   I wonder if that goes for all the other trace as well.  I wonder what would happen if any of them really did get sent there, since connecting the worlds seems to be getting easier with every episode.

The lines on his arm seem to correspond to the number of pieces of armor that come out, so next time is 3 pieces, he thinks. What kind of armor  comes out is also influenced by his wishes to some extent.

I miss Mr Beggar. I wish he comes out soon.

well, at least we get to see him finally.

Rexenik

Rexenik

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 33 posts

Does no one have any words to spare for HaeMa who was tragically taken from us?? T_T

Rafa El

Rafa El

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 250 posts
  • LocationWarsaw

Haha so much fun. Can't wait to see next toys.

Aeternelle

Aeternelle

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationCanada
I really wonder about that other world. Couldn't they all be alive somehow ? Maybe they managed to survive, maybe the air in that world changed them all and activated "Trace" abilities in them. Usually it takes some high emotional impact to create the Trace-like powers. The most tragic the story, the more powerful it ends up to be.

Is it just me or the beggar looks younger in Trace 2.0 ?
I wonder if the druggie will ever recover his "antidote" thumb. Maybe some Trace somewhere has an ability that can restore bodyparts.

Anyway, the "Armor Line" makes more sense with Suh's power. He's a freaking walking armory. I wonder if he has anyway to speed up his power progress. But still, talk about being a Weapon-type Trace. I always thought they'd be people with weapons embedded to them like how it went in Trace 1.5

sunadajae

sunadajae

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 37 posts

Yeah!  HaeMa's back! Talking trash and kicking ass!  for now, anyway. 

Mr. Beggar says he's going to get HanJo's help with that symbol thing.  The rest of the chapter is self explanatory.

About looking younger:  I think he just finally started properly grooming himself.  He wasn't called a beggar just because he was homeless.

Edited by sunadajae, 28 March 2014 - 05:03 AM.

Rexenik

Rexenik

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 33 posts
Oh yeah, I completely forgot about checking the raws last night... Welp, time to load up Daum in the middle of college ^_^

Sredere

Sredere

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

In the last raw there was a message from nastycat, says something about 04/22. Someone knows if we have to wait two weeks for the next release?

Rafa El

Rafa El

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 250 posts
  • LocationWarsaw

Just interested in the words on the last paper. Anyone?

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 3,395 posts
The note says author, Nasty Cat, is going overseas for a couple weeks.

Next chapter will be on April 22.