Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

New reader FAQ, QnA, "Where can I read Kubera?"

• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 3,395 posts

Question: If Leez really want to take off Golden Knight, why doesn't she just ask Asha (or any magican) to use Hoti Marut to cut her hand off, take off the bracelet, then use Hoti Asvins to heal her hand?

Obvious answer: no one wants to experince head getting slice open more then absolutely needed.

Less obvious answer: she still can't take off the braclet, the Earth priest said he can't teach her unless she becomes Earth prietess

smtmissin

smtmissin

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 821 posts

God Kubera said there are 4 ways to remove the bracelet, and chopping your hand off is one of them. Once your hand is chopped off, the bracelet comes out, so Leez doesn't need to ask the earth priest how to take the bracelet out. Morever, Leez gets mortally wounded not just once or twice, why care about a chopped off hand.

I wonder if gods can use insight on other gods. The person Agni sees in Leez's future can't be god Kubera if that is the case, right? (because that would be counted as seeing some other god's future,, even though that future is entangled with Leez)

If gods can't use insight on other gods, that might be why Agni can't see Brilith's future. Brilith will become some kind of  god, maybe?

But again, that night not be possible. Since Yama says  he knows what will become of Brilith, but refuses to tell Agni. And Yama is a god, too, he can't see Brilith future if she becomes a god.

Edited by smtmissin, 17 April 2014 - 05:23 AM.

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 3,395 posts

God Kubera said there are 4 ways to remove the bracelet, and chopping your hand off is one of them. Once your hand is chopped off, the bracelet comes out, so Leez doesn't need to ask the earth priest how to take the bracelet out. Morever, Leez gets mortally wounded not just once or twice, why care about a chopped off hand.

I wonder if gods can use insight on other gods. The person Agni sees in Leez's future can't be god Kubera if that is the case, right? (because that would be counted as seeing some other god's future,, even though that future is entangled with Leez)

If gods can't use insight on other gods, that might be why Agni can't see Brilith's future. Brilith will become some kind of  god, maybe?
But again, that night not be possible. Since Yama says  he knows what will become of Brilith, but refuses to tell Agni. And Yama is a god, too, he can't see Brilith future if she becomes a god.

I think you are taking Leez's wish to return to braclet too strongly, she just wants to return it because 'it is not right to take other's object' there isn't real strong reason to get it off to the point she ask for her body self to be chopped off, even it can be healed.
And I don't think she has been thinking about it very throughoutly.
(The real reason would be, of course, the plot demands it.)

About Insight, future/past visions are involuntery side effect, except Primal god's insights which are stronger.

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 3,395 posts

just a question or two.

1) chaos eyes and Nastika transformation, the view i got on this was that the eyes stopped the transformation, but if it was already in sura form it wouldn't revert them back to human form but actually stop them from transforming back in to human form. this just the way i saw it after reading the manhwa, i do see that it would be slitely wierd as you could run away and transform but remember Nastika are generally massive and from what agni said size might = how much power the Nastika put in to the transformation, so if they ran and transformed taking bigger size chaos eyes would be able to see so that would also stop it as it was still in the act of transforming, this might also explain why Yuta ( just putting it in here love yuta just as much as Gandharva.) was hiding as he couldn't revert Gandharva as he didn't see the transformation so he couldn't do anything about it. (dont know if currybear said that it reverts them even after transformation in blog so tell me if wrong) 

2) if what i say is how it is it might make sence that the ice is apart of Gandharva's sura form as we saw before he is made of ice in sura form or wraps it around himself (i think the second is correct simply because its cooler) if so this would explain why melting the ice don't work, as its his ice armor that he uses to fight or whatever, maybe to look pretty after all his name is Gandharva :D (that wasn't really a question:/)

3) next is am i the only one on this blog that doesn't like Teo very much O.O i mean in my eyes her best feature is that Gandharva likes her (even at the cost of his own badassery, i mean dont get me wrong i love Gandharva no matter what but from what i can tell LOVE SCREWS HIM UP!!!! O.O 

4) people said it would be good if Yuta had to eat things alive because if he didnt they wouldnt count as food or somthing, i completely disagree i find it awesome that he has such a sadistic fetish. <<<------ just putting it out there :P
Thank you for your time

1) I am not sure exactly what you are asking over here...

Yes in theory they could run away and fight better in Sura form, but the Chaos are by no means slow movers, so it would be hard to get out of their sight.

And if you can do so, why not run away completely? 

PS.  They Ghandarva clan massacre have caught them off guard, the two Ghandarava Suras to first see them attack was unconcerned, implying they are not really that big threat usually. But they were exceptionally strong.

2) Possible, this has been suggested few times before.

3) Your choice to like/dislike a certain character, no prob with that.

4) Having to eat alive is a necessity for unrevealed reasons. (Probably has something to do with Half Chao part)

Pontifex

Pontifex

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 46 posts

4) Having to eat alive is a necessity for unrevealed reasons. (Probably has something to do with Half Chao part)

Is eating prey alive necessary for his survival or is eating prey necessary for his survival? I read it as the latter. Suras normally eat to replenish vigor. They wont die if they dont eat. Yuta needs to eat to live apparently

popalopa

popalopa

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts

Hi! I've just started reading the comic and I've been browsing the theories dump thread and I really like what I see... I still have some questions though...

1. Who's that Alex you guys keep talking about?
  2. Why is the god Kubera not killing Leez?
  3. Why is Asha protecting Leez, what does she think she's gonna gain from that?

smtmissin

smtmissin

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 821 posts

Here is what I understand

1. Most likely god Kubera. When he refused to tell Leez his name Leez recommended that name to him. "Alexander" I think. When she tried to look for a name to call Yuta she also asked Yuta if he liked that name, but he appears not so she had to think of other names. Leez seems to be very strangely fond of that name, that she even offered to call God Kubera by that name.

2. 3. Nobody knows.

Edited by smtmissin, 16 May 2014 - 04:29 PM.

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
Unlike other Sura, Yuta needs to eat to survive. However, he doesn't need to eat live prey to survive, that's just his Chaos preference.

popalopa:
1. Ah, that's God Kubera. It's an internal joke. It's because Leez tried to name him Alexander when he said he didn't have a name. xD
2. Basically it's unclear what God Kubera's true goal is. He is using Leez to accomplish something, and from Agni's insight, it seems Leez' future responsibility is to protect the Name, so perhaps God Kubera decided she had the potential to carry that burden (it's unclear though Why all this is necessary). However, it seems the outcome will depend on a future choice that Leez will have to make (see ch. 2-49), but God Kubera is uncertain because he is unable to see that outcome. Plus, he's starting to feel guilty.
3. Asha is using Leez as a pawn for revenge. She apparently has 2 paths to victory: the easier one, where she abandons Leez, and the harder one where she doesn't. She is probably choosing the harder path, firstly because she's starting to be attached to Leez, secondly because Asha probably owes Leez' father, Rao Leez. It's unclear why both paths are possible. Either she could have chosen other pawns, or abandoning Leez at exactly that moment would have led to some chain of events. It's all unclear.

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,
Official English Webtoons: https://www.webtoons.com

I love sleeping

I love sleeping

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 504 posts

Unlike other Sura, Yuta needs to eat to survive. However, he doesn't need to eat live prey to survive, that's just his Chaos preference.

popalopa:
1. Ah, that's God Kubera. It's an internal joke. It's because Leez tried to name him Alexander when he said he didn't have a name. xD
2. Basically it's unclear what God Kubera's true goal is. He is using Leez to accomplish something, and from Agni's insight, it seems Leez' future responsibility is to protect the Name, so perhaps God Kubera decided she had the potential to carry that burden (it's unclear though Why all this is necessary). However, it seems the outcome will depend on a future choice that Leez will have to make (see ch. 2-49), but God Kubera is uncertain because he is unable to see that outcome. Plus, he's starting to feel guilty.
3. Asha is using Leez as a pawn for revenge. She apparently has 2 paths to victory: the easier one, where she abandons Leez, and the harder one where she doesn't. She is probably choosing the harder path, firstly because she's starting to be attached to Leez, secondly because Asha probably owes Leez' father, Rao Leez. It's unclear why both paths are possible. Either she could have chosen other pawns, or abandoning Leez at exactly that moment would have led to some chain of events. It's all unclear.

I think he said they need to be alive or else they lose their nutritional value.

popalopa

popalopa

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts

Thanks guys! I was a little confused at the beginning because I was like the whole destroying villages etc... is to get rid of Leez? and then when Alex finally meets her, he decides not to kill her, so I was super confused... 

Pontifex

Pontifex

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 46 posts

I think he said they need to be alive or else they lose their nutritional value.

No they dont. I don't remember who, but one of the Ananta Rakshasa clearly says there is no difference in vigor obtained if the prey is dead

Edited by Pontifex, 17 May 2014 - 04:53 AM.

smtmissin

smtmissin

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 821 posts

What applies to other suras may not apply to Yuta. Yuta explicitly said that when the preys are dead "they lose value as food", but mentioned nothing about "nutritional value". So we can interprete it in so many ways. Yuta  does eat raw meat (which is basically dead meat), so I guess dead prey still fill him up to some degree. Also nowhere did it say that Yuta will die if he doesn't eat. That's just the way reader (and Riagara) interprete his words (when he told Riagara they are lucky they don't have to eat). We may even be able to interprete what he said as: If he doesn't eat, he will go crazy and get closer to Chaos. He won't be able to tell friends from foes when he is hungry (which was obvious when he ate Asha's arm).

Edited by smtmissin, 17 May 2014 - 05:13 AM.

Shess

Shess

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 307 posts

What applies to other suras may not apply to Yuta. Yuta explicitly said that when the preys are dead "they lose value as food", but mentioned nothing about "nutritional value". So we can interprete it in so many ways. Yuta  does eat raw meat (which is basically dead meat), so I guess dead prey still fill him up to some degree. Also nowhere did it say that Yuta will die if he doesn't eat. That's just the way reader (and Riagara) interprete his words (when he told Riagara they are lucky they don't have to eat). We may even be able to interprete what he said as: If he doesn't eat, he will go crazy and get closer to Chaos. He won't be able to tell friends from foes when he is hungry (which was obvious when he ate Asha's arm).

Lol no matter what decision Yuta makes he will get closer to Chaos, what a crappy life this dude has. But it makes me even more interested to see how him and leez have their falling out. What will be the event that destroys their friendship?

tumblr_nd06mlXtkF1tgv0q6o1_500.gif

Pontifex

Pontifex

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 46 posts

http://vatoto.com/read/_/183936/kubera_v2_ch48_by_the-company

Yuta says "For the rest of you, hunting is optional....Even if you choose not to hunt, you won't starve to death"
Nothing about getting closer to chaos

I don't remember the "lose value as food" bit cn you link me to it?

smtmissin

smtmissin

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 821 posts

But then he didn't say he will die if he doesn't eat, when Riagara asked him back if he will die. About getting closer to Chaos, I did say that was how I interpreted it, different from what others interpreted it, I never say that was what he said. He did say "No need for you to know the details" so yeah, I am sure the details must be more than "If I don't eat I die".

And what you asked for is in chapter 79.

Edited by smtmissin, 18 May 2014 - 02:03 PM.

DarkDooM

DarkDooM

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 251 posts

Some questions regarding the Gods and stuff:

1. The wiki says that Gods can change their gender but I faintly remember hearing somewhere else that they can't, or only some can. Which is true? (Would be funny seeing Babo Kim or Kubera in female form)

2. Created Gods appear when there is a jurisdiction available, and Gods can only have children when a jurisdiction is free. Does that mean that all Created Gods are the children of Primeval- and Natural Gods?

3. Can Nastika and Astika have children?

4. It's said that when a God and a human have a child the child won't be immortal. But will that child still have power over a jurisdiction? Because if not, Gods should be able to have children with humans regardless of whether there is a jurisdiction currently available or not.

215513465243fgcxp.png

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 3,395 posts

1. The wiki says that Gods can change their gender but I faintly remember hearing somewhere else that they can't, or only some can. Which is true? (Would be funny seeing Babo Kim or Kubera in female form)
2. Created Gods appear when there is a jurisdiction available, and Gods can only have children when a jurisdiction is free. Does that mean that all Created Gods are the children of Primeval- and Natural Gods?
3. Can Nastika and Astika have children?
4. It's said that when a God and a human have a child the child won't be immortal. But will that child still have power over a jurisdiction? Because if not, Gods should be able to have children with humans regardless of whether there is a jurisdiction currently available or not.

Only some Gods can change gender.

No, Created Gods are simply 'created' when a new juridiction opens up. There can not be children between Gods.

Nastikas can have children between them, making Rakshsha. Gods can't. God Half Sura Half case is only Yuta as far as we know and not much how did he born was still mystery.

Exactly what power God Half Human half have is unclear, but they are not treated as God and do not need juridictation.

Tierra

Tierra

Baked Potato

• The Company
  • 1,912 posts
  • LocationGermany

Look here for some Info on that

http://vatoto.com/forums/topic/9569-currygom-blog-entries-races-and-cities/

~*~ Kubera ~*~ Kubera Wiki ~*~ Kubera Fanart ~*~ Kubera TL(En)~*~

~*~ Smile today, tomorrow could be worse. ~*~

DarkDooM

DarkDooM

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 251 posts

Nastikas can have children between them, making Rakshsha. Gods can't.

That's... a little sad.

Thanks for answering my questions.

215513465243fgcxp.png

BehindTheLighT

BehindTheLighT

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,847 posts
  • LocationItaly

could someone please tell me what is written on the banner of the fashion bonanza in chapter 26?

http://img.batoto.net/comics/2011/07/18/k/read4e244c4b0d61e/04_chapter26_Kubera_theCompany.jpg

i can see the name of lorraine and luts at the end, and upper them there are somne brands i suppose, but what is written on the left?

I'm italian, so please excuse me if my english is not very good, feel free to correct me.

Kubera ITA