Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

New reader FAQ, QnA, "Where can I read Kubera?"

• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

themantarays

themantarays

~A Majestic Ray of Light in the Dark of the Internet~ ☼_☼

• Comic Mods
  • 1,933 posts
Where can I read Kubera?

1) LINE webtoon app from Naver
2) www.webtoons.com
3) Someone may be nice enough to scanlate raw chapters independently, but Batoto will no longer host Kubera (and other Naver titles) online.

Oddsquad-style overlays are now provided in the translation thread courtesy of babo-kim scans.

A script translation is provided weekly in the raws thread by members.

FAQ:

Don't understand something that's going on? Read the FAQs here (content partly lifted from other threads), and if you still have a question ask away.

Please note that there are a lot of intentional mysteries, and this thread is only to clarify known facts, not to speculate on unknowns. If you think you've understood everything, but don't know why a character is doing something or what happened between x event and y, then that's probably one of the questions everybody has too.

Where is xxxx City/Planet, and what is it like?
Spoiler

How do magic and transcendentals work?
Who is xxxx character?
Spoiler

Who is related to who?
What is "The Finite"?
Spoiler

What chapter did xxxx event happen in?
What are the characteristics of xxxx race/species?
What is up with the "Power of the Name"?
What is up with Kaz and Haas (Leez's childhood friends who have been seen in Atera), and why is he drawn like a blob?
Spoiler

Where can I find more information about the author?
Spoiler

What is that little animal I keep seeing in the background and in crowds?
Spoiler

Does Currygom have a public Facebook/Twitter/Myspace, etc.?
Spoiler

Edited by themantarays, 11 May 2015 - 08:36 PM.
Updates.

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts

Soon, this thread shall be filled with 'We don't know yet.' answers. :rolleyes:

Edited by Mizura, 11 March 2014 - 07:21 AM.

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,
Official English Webtoons: https://www.webtoons.com

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 3,395 posts

Actually, I think it would be nice if there was a list of 'We don't know yet' in first page.

So... What do we don't know yet?

Listed (Personal) Top 10 Mysteries yet to be solved.

1. What is Power of Name, exactly?
  2. How did God!Kubera lost his name by killing Ananta? Why does it matter with Leez named as Kubera?
  3. Did Teo/Ghandarva die? If they didn't where are they?
  4. How did Ghandarva transformed into Sura form in Human realm and used Trasedental that was apparently blocked by Taraka?
  5. What really is Taraka clan? Are they really Sura?
  6. Who is No.1 Magician?
  7. What was the reflection, and who's?
  8. Does Kaz have special powers?
  9. What did Ran used to pass the Magician test?
  10. What happened to Asha's arm?

Edited by Random-Webtoon-Fan, 11 March 2014 - 12:30 PM.

themantarays

themantarays

• Comic Mods
  • 1,933 posts

I'm mostly going to link to other threads and the wiki, not list everything myself. XD Hell no I'm not typing a list of everything we don't know. XD If you want to make one for me, send me the text, but I'm not doing that kind of work.

Edited by themantarays, 11 March 2014 - 07:35 AM.

battradio

battradio

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 957 posts
  • LocationNear ST. Louis MO USA

I'm mostly going to link to other threads and the wiki, not list everything myself. XD Hell no I'm not typing a list of everything we don't know. XD If you want to make one for me, send me the text, but I'm not doing that kind of work.

Here is your first QUESTION , if you use the wiki so why don't you ( and other's ) ever log in and contribute .The wiki has about 10,000 hits + a week and less than a couple dozen registered users  .

http://kubera.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Leaderboard

http://kubera.wikia.com/wiki/Kubera_Wiki

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 3,395 posts

Here is your first QUESTION , if you use the wiki so why don't you ( and other's ) ever log in and contribute .The wiki has about 10,000 hits + a week and less than a couple dozen registered users  .
http://kubera.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Leaderboard

http://kubera.wikia.com/wiki/Kubera_Wiki

I have fixed Insight page a bit, I will try to add more info on Trasedental pages but would be slow since I make sure I don't break Currygom's no copy rules too much..

BehindTheLighT

BehindTheLighT

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,847 posts
  • LocationItaly

Actually, I think it would be nice if there was a list of 'We don't know yet' in first page.

So... What do we don't know yet?

Listed (Personal) Top 10 Mysteries yet to be solved.

1. What is Power of Name, exactly?
  2. How did God!Kubera lost his name by killing Ananta? Why does it matter with Leez named as Kubera?
  3. Did Teo/Ghandarva die? If they didn't where are they?
  4. How did Ghandarva transformed into Sura form in Human realm and used Trasedental that was apparently blocked by Taraka?
  5. What really is Taraka clan? Are they really Sura?
  6. Who is No.1 Magician?
  7. What was the reflection, and who's?
  8. Does Kaz have special powers?
  9. What did Ran used to pass the Magician test?
  10. What happened to Asha's arm?

Also:

Did Ghandharva succeded in creating the ocean? And how did he survive his confrontation with Taraka

How did he and Maruna ended up in te human realm? A last minute escape from Taraka?

Why is Asha protected from Insight?

And who is the woman before Rao? http://img.batoto.net/comics/2012/08/07/k/read502081572e61f/img000003.jpg

Is she the one controlling Leez?

Edited by BehindTheLighT, 11 March 2014 - 09:17 PM.

I'm italian, so please excuse me if my english is not very good, feel free to correct me.

Kubera ITA

themantarays

themantarays

• Comic Mods
  • 1,933 posts

Is this good for now guys?

And battradio, I don't often use the wiki, I just assumed there's information on there I could link to. If I'm ever on there and I see something incorrect, I promise I'll edit it.

Edited by themantarays, 12 March 2014 - 02:53 AM.
And with that post, I'm a member of the 700 club.

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
Funny, people just asked us two of the most frequently seen misunderstandings I see going around. So:

1. Why isn't Asha telling anything to Leez? Is it true to that something is preventing her from speaking?

Yes, something seems to be preventing Asha from revealing certain information. We learn of this:
- In chapter 2-27, when Asha suddenly can't talk and Yuta asks: 'Are you okay? Is it that you can't talk again?'
- Also in chapter 2-39, when Yuta asks 'Not again... it's not letting you say it?'

Earlier examples of Asha being prevented from speaking include:
- In chapter 18, after Leez' blackout
- In chapter 37, after 'Actually...'
- In chapter 41, when Asha tries to speak after thinking of Lorraine's investigation results.

We currently do not know how is responsible for this.

2. How come Leez could still heal after Maruna attacked her in Kalibloom? Doesn't the Sword of Re negate all healing?

The Sword of Re only negates the natural regeneration of Gods and Sura. It does not impede:
- The natural healing of humans
- Healing spells: Asha healed Leez several times afterwards
- Healing transcendentals

Leez' bracelet, the Golden Knight, has 5 transcendentals, including 'Regeneration'.
http://kubera.wikia.com/wiki/Golden_Knight_Transcendentals
This ability only activates when the user receives a mortal wound. In other words, Maruna actually dealt Leez a mortal blow, and she was restored by her bracelet as a result. This ability does not activate against non-mortal wounds.

Extra: prior to that, in chapter 2-71, Hura was hit by the attack from the Sword of Re, and noted that he couldn't regenerate. Instead, he had to use up one of his 'lives.' Hura has a transcendental ability that allows him to revive a certain number of times per day. This is shown in the first attack against Atera, and is another example of how healing/revival transcendentals are not blocked by the Sword of Re.

Edited by Mizura, 15 March 2014 - 09:48 AM.

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,

Paper

Paper

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 498 posts
  • LocationStaring at an abyss that refuses to stare back
10. What happened to Asha's [right] arm?

That's actually been heavily implied to be from her use of Hoti Visnu, which erodes her existence with every use:

In Vol 2 Ch 10, Visnu tells Asha, "...little by little, as you borrow my power, it will eat away at your 'existence'."

In that same chapter, upon using the spell, her left (visible) arm and surrounding clothes are shown covered in blood.

Since Visnu explains to Asha that the spell is very unstable, it's likely that the physical consequences are highly erratic and unpredictable as well. Therefore implying how her arm got that way as an end result of using that spell, but not enough info is given as to how many increments it took or when it occurred.

On a side note, in Vol 1 Ch78, Brilith also makes a passing remark about Asha, "If someone doesn't hold her here, she'll disappear", a statement that is very much Harsher in Hindsight and may be intentional.

Edited by Paper, 17 March 2014 - 10:27 AM.

Spoiler

asdasd

asdasd

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 404 posts

^^^^ wrong.

In vol 2 ch 21 there hint, that Kubera? cut her arm.

http://vatoto.com/read/_/150141/kubera_v2_ch21_by_the-company

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
^ Not really, for one, that silhouette looks too tall to be young Asha. In any case there are two possibilities:
- God Kubera cut off Asha's arm (and Currygom seriously messed up on character heights)
- God Kubera killed Asha's mother
The second possibility is at least as possible as the first, so until we get further confirmation, we can't outright state that Asha's arm was cut off by God Kubera.

Edited by Mizura, 17 March 2014 - 11:33 AM.

3492bk6.jpg

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 3,395 posts

That's actually been heavily implied to be from her use of Hoti Visnu, which erodes her existence with every use:

In Vol 2 Ch 10, Visnu tells Asha, "...little by little, as you borrow my power, it will eat away at your 'existence'."

In that same chapter, upon using the spell, her left (visible) arm and surrounding clothes are shown covered in blood.

Since Visnu explains to Asha that the spell is very unstable, it's likely that the physical consequences are highly erratic and unpredictable as well. Therefore implying how her arm got that way as an end result of using that spell, but not enough info is given as to how many increments it took or when it occurred.

On a side note, in Vol 1 Ch78, Brilith also makes a passing remark about Asha, "If someone doesn't hold her here, she'll disappear", a statement that is very much Harsher in Hindsight and may be intentional.

^^^^ wrong.

In vol 2 ch 21 there hint, that Kubera? cut her arm.

http://vatoto.com/read/_/150141/kubera_v2_ch21_by_the-company

^ Not really, for one, that silhouette looks too tall to be young Asha. In any case there are two possibilities:
- God Kubera cut off Asha's arm (and Currygom seriously messed up on character heights)
The second possibility is at least as possible as the first, so until we get further confirmation, we can't outright state that Asha's arm was cut off by God Kubera.

To sum it up, still a mystery. 

Ichiban US Otaku

Ichiban US Otaku

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • LocationMentally in Kubera's world.

I know that Asha is like one of the most mysterious person ever, but i just wanna ask this anyway since i could have missed something.

1) What is Asha trying to accomplish by helping Leez getting revenge? I remember one time, somewhere, Asha said that she is making her own revenge difficult. Asha said that if she abandons Leez right now, the prospect of winning this 'war' is clear, but Asha somhow cannot bring herself to abandon Leez.

2) What exactly is this 'war' that Ananta, Sagara, God Kubera, Asha (and maybe some other people) talked about?

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 3,395 posts

I know that Asha is like one of the most mysterious person ever, but i just wanna ask this anyway since i could have missed something.
1) What is Asha trying to accomplish by helping Leez getting revenge? I remember one time, somewhere, Asha said that she is making her own revenge difficult. Asha said that if she abandons Leez right now, the prospect of winning this 'war' is clear, but Asha somhow cannot bring herself to abandon Leez.
2) What exactly is this 'war' that Ananta, Sagara, God Kubera, Asha (and maybe some other people) talked about?

I am so sorry but...

'We don't know yet.'

Snow Flower

Snow Flower

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 56 posts

Lol! Am I the only one who thought of another possibility that it was Ananta? I mean, I remember seeing Ananta had a slashed wound on his torso on his death.

"You don't understand a thing..... Man's potential for evolution is limitless" Isaac Netero

sigpic221725_7.gif

smtmissin

smtmissin

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 821 posts

I should have seen this thread sooner. May I ask if there is already an explanation of why Leez's divine affinity is zero? If her divine affinity is zero why is she able to cast spells such as Hoti Kubera?

If Sagra and Kubera are on the same sides, and Sagara tries to destroy Atera just to kill Leez, why does Kubera go through with it? If he want to kill Leez he could have killed her already. Why go through with the plan to destroy the city even though he doesn't intend to kill Leez?

I don't understand why first the suras want to attack Atera, then Gandharva wants to keeps his promise with Agni (to not hurt Brilith) and then the suras decide to attack Rindhallow instead, and then Sagara came into the picture and persuaded Maruna to keep to their original plan to attack Atera. So the suras' motive is not to kill Leez (because they plan to attack a city but that city doesn't HAVE to be Atera, but can be rindhallow. But then Gandharva and Maruna tried to kill Leez when they destroyed her village, didn't they? Then why did they planned to switch their target to another city where Leez wasn't in that city, just to keep Gandharva's promise with a god?

I still don't like and don't understand god Kubera at all. He make an alliance with Sagara, force Gandharva and Maruna to be on his side, so that they attack the cities and supposely attemp to kill Leez, while Kubera himself doesn't want to kill her? I am confused.

Edited by smtmissin, 13 April 2014 - 11:26 AM.

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 3,395 posts
We don't know

Her Golden Knight gave her some.

Rest is, well...

'We don't know yet'

red wolverine

red wolverine

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 57 posts

@ smtmissing

Apparently there's an ongoing "war" between the gods and the sura, in particular the gods aim is to extinct the nastika, and in the past (D0 I assume) the humans decided to side with the gods.

From what we have seen so far in the story sura simply don't care about humans one way or the other, but because humans renounced sura in the past they have some negative emotions towards them.

I think magicians are particularly hated though because they are the only humans that can and will fight against the sura (gandharva mentions that he likes that teo can't use magic). In a sense they are now part of the war against the sura.

hope that helps

Edited by red wolverine, 14 April 2014 - 10:16 AM.

smtmissin

smtmissin

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 821 posts

^^Oh that makes sense...she can use magic only because the Golden Knight lends her its divine affinity. Without it, she won't be able to cast any spell.

^From what I read, all superior sura are trapped in the Sura Realm. Then why are Gandharva and Maruna in the Human Realm? The snakes were able to get out thank to god Kubera, but Gandharva and Maruna were there from the beginning.

It seems people from Taraka clan can seal transcendentals, which include inhibiting surafication. Then why were Maruna able to transform into his sura form in front of Yuta?

Gandharva is a nastika but he can eat vegetable (as noted by Teo?)

God Kubera is the one who drew the Sword of Re, but his regenerative ability isn't lost (Sagara verified it), and he was able to transfer ownership of the sword to Leez (disregarding the rule that states you can't transfer ownership) and Kubera says that the sword belongs to Leez and doesn't belong to him. Why? Is it because Leez holds Kubera's name so the sword Kubera draws belongs to the person who holds Kubera's name which is Leez?

Am I over thinking or in chapter 39 season 2, Asha's teacup empty by itself?

Edited by smtmissin, 14 April 2014 - 12:56 PM.