Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

How I Plan to Overhaul the Follows for Comics

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

Stark700

Stark700

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationAnime World

The problem you're describing should be the fault of the delay set by the scan group, in which the system announces that the chapter is available on the servers but is unavailable due to the delay hence you can't see it yet. It is a known "bug" of sorts, but since Batoto is one of the few sites (if not the only site, afaik) that follows scanlator delay policies, there isn't much we can do for now.

Additional Info linked by my fellow mods:

http://vatoto.com/forums/topic/15576-how-the-my-follow-view-by-comic-is-sorted/#entry1031245

http://vatoto.com/forums/topic/16410-follows-bug-old-chapters-surfacing-with-addition-of-new/page-2

Ah, thanks for the fast reply. I understand it now.

glimmung

glimmung

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

Any chance of being able to follow specific authors or groups?

OchaMeido❣

OchaMeido❣

The Head Maid

• Contrib Mods
  • 1,728 posts
  • Location@ the Greenhouse Tea Party~

Any chance of being able to follow specific authors or groups?

As of now, you can follow scanlation groups. Just click on their group name on any series they done chapters on and

click the follow on top of the group page. Or click  Group , look for their group page and click follow.

As for following specific authors, that havent been implemented/unable to make as of yet.

Edited by Naizumi, 05 June 2014 - 12:21 PM.

ןן Tea Party~ ןן "THE BAR" ןן

ןןGuide to Uploading/deltin/sortin ןן

ןן[Must read] COMMENT SECTIONS RULES ן

Follow the comment sections' rules or else, you will be hanging at the edge of an cliff ^^
It maybe one step closer to death's door or an extension of your life's time.

naren

naren

Potato

• Contributor
  • 187 posts

um in "my follows",how about adding a flash side text like "new chapter"?or just "New" then it will easy to notice.

Spoiler

Mysticloss

Mysticloss

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationHamilton

Quick question. Is there any news about the marking of read and unread chapters? If it is alread implimented I apologize for my blindness, but if not don't worry either. It would just help sort since my computer busted for 3 months and I cannot find which chapters I have read or not read.

4.jpg

Subbed

Subbed

Ascending Cat

• General Mods
  • 256 posts

It would just help sort since my computer busted for 3 months and I cannot find which chapters I have read or not read.

Chiming in to say that you can always use an external anime and/or manga listing website for that. There are plenty around at this point, but if you would like names in specific, do PM me about it.

Argomundo

Argomundo

Kraftwerk Potato

• Donator
  • 1,008 posts
  • LocationGermany
This is more of an additional suggestion.

I follow a lot of manga and its getting out of hand,
in the way that its impossible to keep an overview in the "All my follows" list

So heres an idea how to fix that
1. Put the manga for each letter into a spoiler
2. Within these spoilers arange the manga in a table (more like "my updates")

I invite everyone reading this to the Batoto discord https://discord.gg/PxAqQGy 

Spoiler

Yan Q

Yan Q

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 890 posts
  • Locationwith your lover
A quick question....

Do you programme all these updates yourself or do members of the administration help out? Because, I love you for this, just want to know if there's anyone else I should love as well hahaha

Oh and, is there a simpler way of getting a series off our list? Or do we just have to go to each page and unfollow from there?
There's a bunch I want to unfollow and... maybe someone else knows a trick?

yes, i bite

fp | ig

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

Equine non grata

• Members
  • 3,853 posts
  • LocationSan Escobar

Oh and, is there a simpler way of getting a series off our list? Or do we just have to go to each page and unfollow from there?
There's a bunch I want to unfollow and... maybe someone else knows a trick?

https://vatoto.com/forums/topic/21025-please-help-notifications-comments-for-manga-turn-off/?p=1409208
the "comfortable" option

Mod-in-Disguise

FlQCNQa.gif

You <3

Whoever decided to delete this was an idiot.

| Handwritten kanji recognition || KanjiTomo || Kanji converter || J<->E Dictionary |

Yan Q

Yan Q

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 890 posts

https://vatoto.com/forums/topic/21025-please-help-notifications-comments-for-manga-turn-off/?p=1409208
the "comfortable" option

I actually have never gotten notifications, ever. Haha
So I was looking more for a way to just delete them off my follows. Unlike others, I use them solely for those I'm currently following (about a dozen series), but I have about 30 or 40 on my list from ages back that I want to get rid of.

Maaaaybe Gramps, pretty please you could add a small [×] next to the series name on our follows list? You know, at the bottom, where all of them are...
I don't know if it's difficult to do but, just an idea (':
I can live without it though. Just gotta get on to a comp first.

Thanks for the quick reply ponpon

yes, i bite

fp | ig

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

Equine non grata

• Members
  • 3,853 posts
  • LocationSan Escobar

So I was looking more for a way to just delete them off my follows.

To elaborate: go to that page, toggle edit options to get checkboxes instead of buttons next to mangu, select whatever mangu you don't want to follow anymore, select "stop following" action from dropdown menu on the bottom?

Mod-in-Disguise

FlQCNQa.gif

You <3

Whoever decided to delete this was an idiot.

| Handwritten kanji recognition || KanjiTomo || Kanji converter || J<->E Dictionary |

Yan Q

Yan Q

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 890 posts

To elaborate: go to that page, toggle edit options to get checkboxes instead of buttons next to mangu, select whatever mangu you don't want to follow anymore, select "stop following" action from dropdown menu on the bottom?

is there a simpler way of getting a series off our list? Or do we just have to go to each page and unfollow from there?

Yeah, I know. It's just a pain to do on me phone. But no big. Thanks pon. Why mangu..? Pingu??

OH WAAAAIT WAIT WAIT, you mean theres a toggle/edit options on the follows page to switch to checkboxes?? Whoah what? Lemme check.

yes, i bite

fp | ig

kuroshiroit

kuroshiroit

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

So I happened to stumble upon this because I wanted to open a topic for suggestions on the follows.

Question

-Is this still being worked on? if yes wich phase has been done?

Suggestion(if you accept any - you can ignore otherwise)

I mostly use follow by comic(i think it's the old follow?) and i like that it tracks the last chap read.

-Since there are some manga that are getting taken down [no chapetrs], it would be good to have a way to recognize them, like a red icon or something; or since you wanted to make tabs possible, to have an automatic one for [no chapters]

-Skip if you already implemented marked chapters read Wanted to make a suggestion about last chap read in follow by comic; it works, but if you read ch.40 and a new version of ch 2 gets released then the last is ch 2

skules

skules

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 55 posts

Is this still being worked on?

What phase is it on at the moment? Any eta for phase 3?

The old follows (http://vatoto.com/follows_comics) still seems to be the only way to see last read chapters?

freehopper

freehopper

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

I'm also interested in knowing whether this is still being worked on, or what the current status is.

Oh, tyvm skules, I came looking in the forums because I was going to ask about a "read" feature.

This sort of helps, but too bad there's not some kind of option in the new version.

raveysas

raveysas

Potato

• Freewheeling Scanlations
  • 100 posts
  • LocationEditing Cave

Is this still ongoing? I'm quite unaware which phase has already been implemented.

Kugapi

Kugapi

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationGreenwood, Maine USA

I just realized that I'm following 685 titles here at Batoto. Granted many are completed, some were abandoned, dropped, "on hiatus" or otherwise dead or dying. I can't seem to let go.  I have a problem "unfriend" in facebook also!

Batoto, can you program an function that highlights "completed" and "no updates in 12 months"  (color keyed?) on the followed list?  That would help me remove much of the dead heads and allow me to focus just on the active titles.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

I just realized that I'm following 685 titles here at Batoto. Granted many are completed, some were abandoned, dropped, "on hiatus" or otherwise dead or dying. I can't seem to let go.  I have a problem "unfriend" in facebook also!

Batoto, can you program an function that highlights "completed" and "no updates in 12 months"  (color keyed?) on the followed list?  That would help me remove much of the dead heads and allow me to focus just on the active titles.

Batoto's never gonna do anything even remotely like this. Hey, this thread is 2 1/2 years old, so.... yeah.

The list capabilities on Manga Updates are far superior than what'll ever be here or any other composite reader site. 

Tn7HA0h.png

zemega

zemega

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts

Just take a look at Novelupdates features. That's what users want. Right on the frontpage, able to highlight which series user is following, able to filter genres that user don't want to see, and able to hide certain series that user don't want to see.

By the way, showing and highlighting Yaoi right on the top and front page is not helping. I'm already searching alternative for this website. This will really make user leave this website.

kittybonny

kittybonny

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

I like the ideas on making categories for follows, but I'm wondering if we can limit which follows we see on our home page? In my case, I would love to have like only 2-4 mangas as actual "follows" that show up on my home page, and all the other many mangas/comics as simply "bookmarks" / "saves" that I can click on whenever I feel like checking it out, and not care about whether they updated it. Because of all the follows in my homepage, I just sift through them to find the sometimes 2 that I want to read immediately anyway. Would we be able to do something like this? I know this is an old thread, but I thought it was still the place for this comment.