Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Mayo Chiki 2

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

veraya

veraya

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • LocationDepths of Hell

I wonder if there will be a 2nd season.. or at least an ova.. seeing the manga's about to end :)

Derek

Derek

Russet Potato

• Renzokusei Scans
  • 264 posts

The manga already ended, it ended last November. The light novel (original source) ended in July 2012. I don't recall where the anime ended in the LN, but as much as I too wish for a second season or something else, I can't see it happening, the anime aired almost 3 years ago. 

MyAnimeList Last.fm Renzokusei

Derek: ねえ、。。。しようよ
Derek: that
Zalugar: Uh
Zalugar: Hey...let's do it
Zalugar: DO WHAT
Zalugar: WHAT ARE THEY DOING
Zalugar: THESE LEWD CHILDREN

veraya

veraya

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • LocationDepths of Hell

So unfair :D as if the cliffhanger in the end of the anime being annoying wasn't enough :D

Rakurai Amatsu

Rakurai Amatsu

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • LocationAustralia

still possible there was a big gap between Infinite Stratos 1 & 2 and most likely 3

Derek

Derek

Russet Potato

• Renzokusei Scans
  • 264 posts

still possible there was a big gap between Infinite Stratos 1 & 2 and most likely 3

That gap was the result of the dispute between the publisher and creator. A better example would have been the gap between s3/4 of Zero no Tsukaima and 2/3 of Shakugan no Shana. The point being that while there are statistical outliers, the more time that goes by after the anime's airing and BD/DVD releases, the smaller chance there is of more anime to come.

Edited by Derek, 11 February 2014 - 11:50 PM.

MyAnimeList Last.fm Renzokusei

Derek: ねえ、。。。しようよ
Derek: that
Zalugar: Uh
Zalugar: Hey...let's do it
Zalugar: DO WHAT
Zalugar: WHAT ARE THEY DOING
Zalugar: THESE LEWD CHILDREN

veraya

veraya

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • LocationDepths of Hell

:(

aaargh why is it always about money :D

Rakurai Amatsu

Rakurai Amatsu

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • LocationAustralia

That gap was the result of the dispute between the publisher and creator. A better example would have been the gap between s3/4 of Zero no Tsukaima and 2/3 of Shakugan no Shana. The point being that while there are statistical outliers, the more time that goes by after the anime's airing and BD/DVD releases, the smaller chance there is of more anime to come.

yeah I realized that myself right after I made the post but to lazy to change it XD, but you do make a good point

Fluffyknowsyou

Fluffyknowsyou

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 61 posts

There's always a chance when evangelion gets a manga adaptation and 4 rebuilds or when fate/stay night can be redone after 10 years.

Cake-kun

Cake-kun

Potato

• Contributor
  • 160 posts
  • LocationNot on your plate, hopefully

I can't say for certain about SnS (regarding author dispute) but just a reminder that Yamaguchi-sensei, the author of ZnT, passed away, hence anime ended like that and why there won't be continuation of the light novels. Manga actually ended due to that reason, actually.

There are quiet a bit of series of late where great work gets unfinished not because of canning/disputes, but because of author's health issues. Date-A-Live original manga adaptation suffered this too, when artist fell ill and haven't had chance to continue the manga since.

Edited by Cake-kun, 17 February 2014 - 02:14 AM.

Niernen

Niernen

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

There's always a chance when evangelion gets a manga adaptation and 4 rebuilds or when fate/stay night can be redone after 10 years.

Er... Evangelion is probably one of the most popular anime ever (especially sales wise), and the mange has just taken a really, really long time to finish. And the fate/stay night remake is coming after 8 years, and probably because of Fate/Zero and F/SN has multiple routes, unlike Mayo Chiki. Besides, there are plenty of LN>anime adaptations that never get finished, especially when the LN is finished. 

PieceOfSchmittGames

PieceOfSchmittGames

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 251 posts

If it's about money, then I'd be glad to donate some money for the republishing of v2...

Social Media: Facebook Twitter Discord Instagram

Mangadex Profile: https://mangadex.org/user/1304/justnatsuki

Challenge: Try to find out the secret under this spoiler.

Spoiler