Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Sanctuary [RP]

rp role playing Sanctuary rpg role play

• Please log in to reply
420 replies to this topic

Inumori

Inumori

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • Location....good question.....

[Monday. 9:40 A.M.] Milton Peters School

Ty looked upset. Said she was happy about him coming to get her, but not too thrilled about the going home bit. "Don't you worry Ty. I'm not leaving you alone in that house. Not with everything going on. You're coming to my place, and so is Jessie when she can. People get rowdy enough we might make for the cabin, but hopefully it doesn't come to that. Come on now". Joe led the girl out to his truck waiting in the makeshift parking lot of the field. "Argh. Hang on a sec" he spoke as he saw the bow he had left in the passenger's seat. He picked it up so Ty could climb in, then placed it down between them. "Now let's get outta here huh?" he smiled at her as the truck started, and they were off.

[Monday. 10:17 A.M.] Joe's House.

As Joe pulled onto the street they both lived on a small crowd was gathered at the Cul-de-sac down at the end. He leaned to get a look and saw a gruesome scene. The people, several residents of the block and a pair of cops, were standing over a pile of human insides conspicuously outside of the woman next to them. Jesus Christ. "Don't look Ty, just turn away" he spoke as he turned into his driveway and pulled in to the garage. He stepped out to unlock the door and ushered the girl inside before closing the garage door and chaining it down worriedly. Reaching back into the truck to retrieve his bow, Joe went on in and started checking all the locks.

[Monday. 10:25 A.M.] Joe's House.

Having secured the house, Joe finally began to settle down. He went upstairs to his get his cell-phone, now charged, and sent Jessica Wise a simple text "Got her. Both fine. My place." before heading down to fall into the couch. Ty was sitting there quietly. "I got some books laying around and there's always the television. Get settled in kiddo. We got a day ahead of us" he spoke to her, now quite pining for the sleep he didn't get. "I just need a bit of shut-eye..." but as Joe practically nodded off where he sat, a scratching sound perked him wide awake again and led him to drawing his fifty. A moment later he realized the origin. "Oh god dammit I forgot about that thing." he said with a sigh. "Got a live Kit fox today. Hurt though. Gonna teach you how to handle it and nurse it back to health. When its leg is healed we can either let it go or keep it around. I might convince Jessie to let you keep it in your house, otherwise I can just keep the thing here". Joe rubbed his eyes with one hand and re-holstered his gun with the other.

River made his way over to the basement door and opened it slightly. The injured fox clamored through the opening and Joe quickly snatched it up by the scruff of its neck. It hissed and yelped at him for a minute before succumbing to its own exhaustion. "Yeah you and me both varmint. How did you get out of that damn cage?" he spoke at the fox as he walked down the steps with it. "Ty! Come on down here. Lesson one in the art of fox handling".

The Dog's Woods

Spoiler

An Adventure by Mischief

The Illuminati

The Illuminati

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 679 posts
  • LocationSint Maarten, Kingdom of the Netherlands
| WEST SANCTUARY
|
Monday, 6:15 AM

Poor Samuel 'Sammy' Kineas slowly crawled through the fallen leaves and branches that covered the forest's floor. The drunkard was riddled with tiny cuts and large gashes that bled freely. Despite this, his sick mind felt none of the pain. Instead, he clung single-mindedly to the empty water bottle Joseph River had given him not too long ago.

Grateful for the small kindness, Sammy nearly drowned himself gorging on the clear liquid. But it hadn't been enough, not nearly enough. He needed more, and fast. Searching what was left of his mind, Sammy recalled how Mrs. Todd would let him shower in the supermarket's bathroom and sometimes give him cans of food. Realizing now that he was also hungry, Sammy began heading north -- and further away the supermarket.

In his mind, Mrs. Todd was still working at the store even though she hadn't been seen for the last three weeks -- overdue vacation, according to her grandson. But Sammy's mind didn't seem to realize that she was no longer there, as wolves followed his scent. He'd bled over half the forest, and attracted a local wolf pack's attention.

The alpha wolf boldly ran up and gripped Sammy's leg between it's fangs, testing it's human prey. When Sammy didn't respond with a typical human weapon, the alpha dropped the leg and lunged for Sammy's throat. After that, all the other wolves joined in and began feasting on the man's diseased flesh -- swallowing chunks of it like candy.

As Sammy died, his mind flashed back to Friday night. Back to the stranger covered in blood, who had given him pills to 'test out'. Sammy knew better than to... But he had been desperate for a high. The pills had given him just that, and a small flu. But now he was just so thirsty... Moments later, Sammy's spine twisted out of shape as his skeleton erupted from what remained of his flesh and clothes.

High above Sanctuary, a U.S. military drone raced by overhead. Officially, the stealth drone was part of a squadron sent to patrol Sanctuary's perimeter and observe the situation within the town. But everyone knew that there were spy satellites that could do that same thing, for much longer, and produce higher quality intelligence. No, there was only one real reason to deploy a military drone.

| PHILIPSBURG
|
Monday, 9:35 AM

"OH. THANKS FOR CARING THAT I'M NOT DYING, OR ANYTHING!" Akuna Lux Lucifer shouted out one of the school's windows as her father's car sped away.

The poor man was in such a hurry to leave that he hadn't even seen his own daughter standing outside the principal's office. Not that it was all his fault, Lux didn't even utter a word as he stomped passed her. And now that the Principle Senaa stopped to think about, why was Lux even there?

Waiting for the young woman to complete her little display of affection for her father, the older woman took a small amount of pleasure in frightening Charles' daughter by 'suddenly' appearing behind her. After Lux gasped and did a tiny bunny hop, Lux explained how she'd been looking for her father because... But what Principle Daniels wanted to know, was why Lux had thought to come directly to the her office. Leaning foward just enough so that their eyes were level, she asked Lux...

"What made you think to look here for your daddy, first?"

The principal narrowed her eyes as Lux's jaws dropped for a moment. Before Lux could reply however, Debbie awkwardly cleared her throat to get the principal's attention.

"Ms. Senaa," Debbie said as she tried to get them past the awkward situation. "We wanted to ask if the school should close for the day?" Annoyed by the interruption, the principal glared at the younger woman before standing up to her full height again.

"Vice president... In order for the school to close, I would need permission from the mayor's office. And I haven't been able to get in touch with them all morning."

"So, officially," she continued. "The school is still open. However, once an ambulance arrives to pick up the dead students you've all no doubt heard about, I'll declare a medical emergency via the local radio station and ask parents to officially come get their children. Though most parents have already claimed their prizes..."

"Now, if that's all, return to your classrooms until I make an announcement via the P.A. system. With the rest of my office staff out sick, I have to do everything myself so I don't have the luxury of answering questions."

"Still, what the hell is going on around here? Everyone in school is sick and the head nurse was more violent than usual... Aarg, the pain is too much to even bother thinking!" Kev wailed, trying to get Nurse K's attention. Hopefully someone could answer his questions, and bring him up to speed.

Just across the room, in the head nurse's private bathroom, Ms. Jackson was passed out on the floor with the door locked from the inside. She'd been using the sink when she suddenly felt light-headed and began losing consciousness. Her last thoughts were of Nurse K, and of how she was sorry that another adult was letting the young woman down again.

Corra didn't know the details, but it was obvious to someone like her who had also lost everything she ever cared about. The faucet was still running and slowly filling the small room with water. If the head nurse was lucky, someone might notice in time and save her from drowning in three inches of water.

| SOUTH END
|
Monday, 10:30 AM

Daniel Asher Ben-Joshua waited patiently outside the supermarket as first a fire truck arrived, then an ambulance, and finally a police car with two deputies inside. From what he'd been able to overhear, Mrs. Anne Mabley had a son and a husband who were both fire fighters. Ras might not have know her since she usually kept to herself, and worked out at their farm all week except on Sundays -- Sunday was church day. Kicking off his bike, Dan decided to talk to the deputies about what had happened.

Inside, Todd was busy helping people go about their usual activities. It was ironic, he'd wanted something to happen so badly -- anything. And now that it had, he was trying his damnest to get things back to normal. To his surprise, he noticed Maddie leaving with Ras on his motorcycle. He knew they were kinda neighbors, but this? Where he was from, sharing a bike was like sharing spit. Oh well, at least someone got the girl.

As Ashelyn Carter watched the young fire fighter approach her, she guessed that he must have been four years younger than her. His eyes were red with tears, but he tried his best to be coherent for her.

"What happened here?" was her question.

Mabley's son wasn't sure he should answer her, but he desperately needed someone to talk to and his dad was... His dad just couldn't stop cradling his mom's body in the back of the ambulance.

"Yeah... Umm," he tried to start before clearing his throat. "Yeah, umm, it looks like some crazy flu is going around. 'Lotta people are sick I guess, I don't know. We haven't heard anything from the mayor or the radio station. So... And that was my mom." He said gesturing towards the red and white ambulance outside.

The parking lot looked like a circus as people gave testimonies to the deputies and got checked out by the paramedics, apparently afraid they might just drop down and die at any moment as well.

"She was just so strong, you know?" He continued fiddling with his helmet. "Never sick a day in her life, and now this. ...I'm sorry, I really should check on my dad." He finished as he turned and walked away without saying goodbye. All that time, he just kept thinking to himself that his mom's birthday was just next week.

| CUL-DE-SAC
|
Monday, 10:35 AM

The paramedics were slow to arrive. With everything going on in Sanctuary, their numbers were stretched beyond the breaking point. Because of this, the woman's body was left to cook in the morning sun as it never to occured to anyone to try and cover her up in something. These were her friends and neighbors since birth, but they all just stood around and gossiped. Not a single person shed a tear for the woman.

Once paramedics had finally arrived, they were too exhausted to even do more than just cover her body. They'd been hard at work since the first signs of this flu cropped up around Friday evening. Now it seemed like half the town was infected, and they were honestly too tired to care anymore. So instead, they mingled with the housewives on the street corner -- ex-girlfriends, and high school sweethearts most of them. It just seemed like the perfect time to catch up, really. Chat, and drink ice tea.

Near the end of the street, a black car with tinted windows was parked. Slowly lowering one of it's windows, the lens of a high-power camera snuck out and discreetly took pictures of Maddie's house. The car had followed her to the supermarket, and then back home. With all that was going on however, she never noticed.

There was a heavy knock at Joseph River's door. Seeing who it was, he found Jessica Cho standing outside his door. Despite her heritage, Cho was tall and naturally curvy. With everything that was going on, Joe was surprised to see how done up she was but realized quickly that he really shouldn't have been. This was Jessica Cho afterall. Taking advantage of his momentary surprise, she edged herself closer so that Joe would have to break her foot first in order to close the door.

"Oh Gawd! Joe!! You alright, I was so worried," she said with dry eyes. Leaning forward so he got a generous view of her married cleavage, she continued, "You're not sick, are you? With this crazy flu going around, we really should stick together."

| Monday, 9:30 AM

Just north of the suburbs, was the radio station. Consisting of a radio tower and a small office, WKRRPG provided Sanctuary with the local news, gossip, and weather reports in between an assortment of music.

Because of the flu that was going around, the already small staff was reduced to just to two DJs and a dog. One of the DJs was Debbie's mother, the other was William Bobb. They hated each other. At the moment, Mrs. Daniels was talking over the phone to a deputy about making an announcement on the radio urging folks to seek medical attention if they were ill. From what she understood, the hospital had called them, and asked them to forward the information.

Bobb was on the radio preaching his nonsense again, from a Bible he must have invented, before switching on the machine to autoplay while he went outside for a piss -- not caring to use the office's facilities. Passing Daniels in the hall as she put the information down on paper, Bobb rubbed up against the married woman accidentally-on-purpose while muttering about the small corridors. Finally frustrated with his nonsense, Mrs. Daniels swung the phone's earpiece at the older man but missed as he jogged away laughing.

Finally outside, he walked the short distance to the forest's edge, and relieved himself. All was silent except piss on leaves, until he head a branch snap somewhere in the shadows ahead of him. Despite the sun being up, the thick forest was nearly black. Squinting into the darkness, he was surprised when Daniels hit him from behind with the flat of her hand.

"HEY!!" he screamed as he slipped, and tumbled through his own piss and wet leaves. "What do ya think ya doing?!"

"You're lucky that's all I did! Touch me again..." that's when she say the shadow move behind the fat man.

She didn't understand. First it wasn't there, and then it was -- standing twice the height of her colleague. After that it all happened so fast. White things, like finger bones, shot out of William's chest just as something hit her shoe. Looking down, Debbie's mother realized it was an empty water bottle.

That was all it took, and she was gone. Running, running, running!! She ran for the office door as tears streaked down her face. Somehow she just knew Bobb was dead, and she was sorry. She hated the man, but she didn't want him dead. As soon as she was inside, she slammed and locked the door. She had to call the police, get on air and let people know what had happened.

Just then Bruce started barking, he was Debbie's dog. Mrs. Daniels didn't like leaving him home alone, so she always brought him to work with her. She had to calm him. Quiet him down before... Taking a step forward, something grabbed her ankle, tripping her, and pulled her backwards. Whipping her head around, she saw that one of her legs had been pulled through the doggie door.

In a flash, Bruce raced forward and bit into her hand trying with all his doggie might to pull her free. But Debbie's mother could feel herself getting yanked around as the thing outside tried to figure out how to get to the rest of her. Not wasting any time, she looked Bruce in the eyes and ordered him to go and find his master -- to find Debbie at the school.

Refusing to obey Bruce tried hard to save her, but Mrs. Daniels eventually convinced him to leave her -- using a calm tone to indicate she was alright despite the loud scratching at the door behind them. Finally, with a bark, Bruce let go and raced for the second exit. Outside he ran in the direction of the school to find Debbie.

Seeing him go, Debbie's mom sent her daughter a silent prayer of protection before she was violently ripped through the small opening.

Edited by Black Lilith, 26 February 2014 - 02:23 PM.

“It's all about Power."
"Grabbing it. Keeping it. Using It."
"Power is our currency, our DNA... Our God.”
"We control the World."
"We provide the blueprint. And we give the Instructions."

Liar

Liar

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 472 posts

| Monday, 9:35 AM

Debbie! Connor exclaimed excitedly upon seeing his second-in-command of the school. She was a remarkable and astute vice-president. She had to be if she was able to deduce that he was Boxer Boy. He still wondered how she was able to come to that conclusion, but he knew well-enough of how intelligent the teenager was. He could not ask for a better lieutenant in his fight against school injustice and adult tyranny. However, before he could say a word about his findings, Debbie was already off to the principal’s office. Naturally, Connor followed. He was the president after all.

Connor and Debbie arrived just as the principal caught Lux shouting something about her dad. The little man couldn’t help but smile at the sight of his friend, wondering why she was here to begin with. Before he could greet her, Debbie caught the principal’s attention with a fake awkward cough. Connor frowned. He kept telling Debbie again and again that she should be more straightforward instead of being all passive about it. How were things going to be run if she acted all wishy-washy like that?

The principal went on to explain how things were going to be done, but Connor was far from satisfied. He gazed at the principal, wondering what could be done. The principal basically said that the school was still officially open. That meant that she was implying that they, the student council, can do something about it if they do it in secret. Connor wasn’t so sure about being all sneaky about it, but he liked ninjas and superheroes had to keep secrets all the time anyway.

Hey! I know, Connor enthusiastically shouted. Hey principal, why don’t you let Debbie, Lux, and I head on over to the mayor’s office under school business! We can totally convince the mayor to close down the school early. I refuse to just sit still and do nothing while things are becoming anarchy!

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • Locationin Oblivion, checking out the tapestry.

[11.20 AM]

They arrived at the station and made their way inside. Ras left Ally in the main hall while he went in to get into his work clothes.

After some time, he came out dressed in his working attire and took Ally to the underground shelter in the basement. Ally had been here a few times but it had been a long time since she was last here. getting her settled and making sure the utilities were all functioning. Ras said to her

"This is not technically the fire-station. You'll be safe here. The provisions are plenty to last for a few weeks and the police station is nearby so it is well guarded." 

He moved in close to her and whispered "I have many demons in my past but I'll surely let you in on them after we are through this ordeal. Trust me till then." then he kissed her forehead and made his way upstairs. Straight to meet the chief. Once in front of his cabin, he maintained a impassive expression and let himself in.

"Chief! you need me someplace?" he asked him simply. Waiting for his superior's reply.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

Crouching Bacon

Crouching Bacon

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 528 posts

[9:18 AM]

In the face of death, Rick smiled. At least K was loosening up.

"I'll take you up on that."

Without another word, he put on a face mask and a pair of latex gloves then went to collect samples from the sicker children. By now they were already too far gone to be afraid of needles and the scent of disinfectant. After taking enough specimen from sputum and other discharges, he hurried over to the lab.

[9:46]

It didn't take very long to see that the disease had completely destroyed the structure of each cell it invaded. Even the rudimentary microscope gave Rick a very good idea of the toxicity of this pathogen. Then again, it could be a virus. It would take a better laboratory for in depth information, but at the moment, he found three important things from the samples. He scribbled it on a notepad and placed it in his pocket. It seemed that the nurse preferred to communicate through the written word. That and it would take less effort to read something rather than trying to listen in a chaotic environment.

• Cell walls destroyed. Explains symptoms of hemorrhaging.
  • Cell nucleus shows signs of malformation. Perhaps the pathogen is mimicking the behavior of cancer cells? Mutation is a possibility.
  • Sputum analysis shows increased bacterial count. Disease is highly contagious.

With these findings in hand, he made his way back to the nurses' office. Upon arrival, he handed the prognosis to K and waited for her opinion. In his opinion though, mobilizing everyone who was still healthy was the best course of action.

But this time, he let the lady speak first. Last thing he needs on his hands is a co-worker who hates his guts. Better not give her any reason to do so.

Edited by Captain Sciutto, 19 February 2014 - 10:30 AM.

Posted Image "Don't make me ship you!"

The Illuminati

The Illuminati

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 679 posts
| CUL-DE-SAC
|
Monday, 10:40 AM

In the alley behind Maddie's house, the man who'd been discreetly taking pictures of her for the past few weeks, snuck into the back yard of her home and down into it's basement. The lock on the basement's window was old, and required little effort on his part to open. Now inside, he snuck his way upstairs to confirm first that Maddie was indeed in the shower. That done, he tiptoed over to the hamper and removed a pair of used panties. Inhaling deeply, he tucked the garments into his coat pocket for later. He needed to get back to work, there was something here his employer wanted. Something his employer told him he would know when he saw it.

Lorena Catherine Villas' lifeless body was dragged further into the woods, where it was ripped apart by the diseased wolves that had swallowed Sammy's infected flesh. Now larger, stronger, and driven completely mad, the pack roamed the forest in search of more meals. One of the wolves spotted the man entering Maddie's house and chased after him.

“It's all about Power."
"We control the World."

Führer Itulhu

Führer Itulhu

Potato

• Donator
  • 145 posts
  • LocationThe place supported by the fallen

Kevin, The blind delinquent 

[9:36am]

Kevin was still blinded by the mace and was getting more and more irritated by it by the second, it bloody well felt like his eyes were on fire. He was trying to think about what was going on but to no avail as most where too afraid to even answer him, and he couldn't see what was going on himself anymore.... but really that mace was pretty damn strong, stronger than last time someone maced me.... wait a second, I've been maced before....what did i need last time. It seemed Kevin was thinking to himself while remembering what he did last time he was maced... lets not worry about why he was maced last time and move along to what Kevin remembered.

"WATER, I NEED WATER" Kevin suddenly said in a raised voice startling the students near him.

Standing up slowly, Kevin tried to find support near him as he got up. He then fell onto the wall as a student almost jumped out of the way to avoid him, he then proceeded to move slowly against the wall to try and get to the sink. As he was moving he started walking at a more normal pace until...Kevin tripped over a stool leg and tumbled on the floor hitting his head on a wall...or door.

he then proceeded to fall face first on the ground.... Water, i need wat- wait why is the floor damp, wait isn't this a door here.

"Hey is there supposed to be water on the floor around here?" Kevin asked in a hasty voice, "like is it normal or anything because i really hope nothing bad's happening".

oh yea Kevin was still blind

Edited by itano123, 26 February 2014 - 09:36 AM.

DLHUZic.jpg?1

I encountered you.....

This world has chosen the reality and future that shouldn't have been chosen

That's Why I'm here

Inumori

Inumori

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • Location....good question.....
[Monday. 10:37 A.M.] Joe's House.

Barely ten minutes went by before the sound of a fist slamming desperately upon the front door caught Joe's attention. Thoughtlessly hoping it was Jessie he still cautiously told Ty to wait downstairs before rushing up the steps to open the door. An action he immediately regretted upon seeing who it was. Jessica Cho, the wrong Jessie, and a very different kind of desperate than the panicked knock had implied.

"Oh Gawd! Joe!! You alright? I was so worried~". The flirty housewife wasted no time pushing her way inside the house. "You're not sick are you? With this crazy flu going around we should really stick together". Her tone of voice gave an image of someone genuinely worried and seeking help. Her completely unmatched expressions however betrayed her poor acting skills.

"Hello there Mrs. Cho. It's fine seeing you well. Might I ask what exactly led you to my doorstep in particular?" His face offered a pleasant smile. A business smile.

"Oh Joseph, you can just call me Jess! Rhymes with yes." She kept up the false tone as her eyes darted about for signs of others. Probably a cautionary scouting for Joe's preferred 'Jessie' before carrying on with some attempt at seduction. She's pulled this kind of stunt a few times now with Joe and practically any unmarried man she could wrap her wanting legs around. It was a turn-off for River. Apparently his resistance is what kept her coming back. At this point if he hadn't been trying to get things serious with Wise then Joe might've just let her have what she wanted to be done with it.

"You know I won't Cho. We've been over this before". Joe's expression lost all pleasantry as the door shut behind her. It was serious now, with a hint of pity. "Now in trying times like these there's somewhere you belong. No matter what kind of husband he is, he's yours". The undertone of pity was there for a reason. Jessica Cho, formerly Jessica Li, was in a loveless and in all likelihood sexless marriage. She was a pretty Asian flower who looked good in pictures with her aspiring politician husband, and that's all she was to him. It's a poorly kept secret. A better kept secret is why. Nobody is really sure if he's gay or impotent, but whatever the reason the man just never touches his wife. Doesn't make it my job though.

She was pouting now. Joe guessed she'd planned on him playing her little game for longer, but no dice. "You know why I'm not there Joseph. Besides, he's not even in town."

Dammit. So much for that. "You still haven't answered my question" he said as he motioned to the couch and walked over to his liquor cabinet.

"You know what I'm here for" She replied, relaxing on the couch as Joe poured a glass of scotch from a half-empty bottle. "We could have so much fun. Maybe take a weekend even".

Joe walked over with the bottle and glass and put them down on the end table next to her. "Tempting" He spoke as he sat down in his own chair. "But I get all I need already".

She noticed the distance he'd left between them and looked down at her drinking glass, mentally noting his lack of one. "I really can't match up to her huh?" she asked as she downed the scotch and poured another.

"No you can't" he stated plainly. "She's been right for me. Now go ahead and finish that if you like, then take a minute, and head on home." Joe stood up then, and walked over to the basement door to return to Ty.

[OOC: Thanks go to Naifu for dialogue and helping my muddled fever-brain to make this post happen. Sorry for the delay everyone]

Edited by Inumori, 26 February 2014 - 12:46 AM.

The Dog's Woods

Spoiler

An Adventure by Mischief

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

[Monday, 9:35 am, West Sanctuary]

After making her way back into West Sanctuary, she retraced her steps from where she first saw Sammy that day before getting a call from Gorilla. "What is it? Did you find him?" she said without giving him time to speak as she leaned against the car, which was parked on the side of the road. "About that sheriff...." he said slowly as he trailed off. "Spit it out already."

"Well you see... I asked around for awhile not getting a thing until this one man said that he saw someone matched sammy's description heading north about 3 hours and wasn't seen since. But then a blood trail leading to the forest was found...There's no way he' still alive. Not with this amount of blood and how dangerous the forest is..." As Riyon took a deep breath, she got inside the care and started it back up.

"Meet me by the forest in 30, we'll just go see for ourselves what happened to him." 

"WHAT?! but but but That forest gives me the creeps!" he whined before she hung up on him.

[10:05 am, Sanctuary Forest, Mid-way between West Sanctuary and Cul-de-sac]

After picking up Deputy Dreyar along the way, they finally arrived at the forest. Driving a bit in, they got out and continued following the blood trail. The trail eventually lead them to a rather....disturbing scene. It was way worse than what the two of have imagined, a big pool of blood, a messed up skeleton and little pieces of flesh with his clothes soaking in them. Upon seeing it, Gorilla instantly hurled out his breakest as he turned away. Surprised, Riyon seemed more disappointed that Sammy wasn't their guy than at seeing sammy in such a state.

"Talk about a waste of time...." she muttered. Seems our mystery man is still running about...What a day... "Gorilla! Call it in and tell them to make this a high priority. There has to be more to this." Seriously, one strange thing after another. Definitely something foul going about the town and it's not some damned flu. As Deputy Dreyar got on the phone and made the call, Riyon's phone went off. "Yes?" she answered before the voice of one of her deputies replied.

"Sheriff...."

tumblr_njivsvv03O1s9nzk7o3_500.gif

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Faye

Faye

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • Location黄金の郷

| EMILY K. SCARLET
| School Infirmary, Monday, 9:22 AM

It had been roughly three to four minutes since Rick to study the disease. Seeing that the equipment were rather limited, it should not be too long until he return with the result. Except, of course, if he tripped on his way to the lab, accidentally ingest the blood and saliva samples, contracted the disease, and died without having the chance to return.. Which is kinda stupid if that were the truth.

Well, it did not matter much for K at the moment. She had her hands full trying to separate the ill and the healthy without causing suspicion that the illness was in fact incurable. Heck, she did not even have the luxury of treating Kev properly thanks to the chaotic environment she was in. Not that she worried that much, though. Kev was a tough kid, he'll manage somehow.. Or so she thought.

"WATER! I NEED WATER!" the boy shouted as flailed around as he tried to raise to his feet. It would be an easy task, if he were not blinded by the mace. It was quite a heart-rending sight for K to behold, seeing how her friend struggled without anybody even daring or bothering to help. He was mean-looking, sure, but he was not a bad person. It was quite shocking how prejudiced people could be at times, especially since these were supposedly-innocent children we were talking about.

"Hold on, Kev. I will get some for you," was what K was going to tell him when the door flung open and Rick appeared from beyond. He was trying to hide it, but his expression was quite grim. Whatever he found out with the microscope, they were not good news. Without pausing, Rick walked past some of the healthier children and towards K. He then passed a small piece of paper and waited for K to respond to his "love letter".

---

• Cell walls destroyed. Explains symptoms of hemorrhaging.
  • Cell nucleus shows signs of malformation. Perhaps the pathogen is mimicking the behavior of cancer cells? Mutation is a possibility.
  • Sputum analysis shows increased bacterial count. Disease is highly contagious.

---

That.. Was quite the horrifying results. It seemed that the pathogen was evolved to spread quickly, with the additional ability to mutate to bypass one's immune system. If anything, the only good thing that came out of that assessment was that it was less likely for the pathogen to be airborne. It was bent on causing hemorrhaging, which means it wanted blood to spatter everywhere, which in turns mean that it spread mostly by bodily fluids.

K looked up to the paramedic's face, her face even paler than him. "We must evacuate the healthy children from this room. Quick," was what she was trying to say, though her voice did not seem to be keen on cooperating. She opened her mouth and tried to speak, but it seemed that her throat had caved in on her, denying her the ability of speech. Of all people, it was quite the irony that the one who tried her best to calm others was the first to succumb to a panic attack..

And then things got from bad to worse.

| Monday, 9:47 AM

"Hey is there supposed to be water on the floor around here?" Kevin's voice echoed from behind her. "like is it normal or anything because i really hope nothing bad's happening," he continued in a rather hasty and troubled voice. He was kneeling in front of the nurse's bathroom, still blinded. Apparently he tripped and fell onto its door, and had opened it a little. From the small crack, K could see Head Nurse Corra's body, laying flat on the floor, motionless. Blood seemed to be oozing out of her half-submerged face. She was drowning!

"Nurse Corra!" K shouted internally as she rushed towards the bathroom, or tried to, at the very least. Her feet gave in from the shock and panic, and she fell to the floor face first. She did not get up. Or rather, she could not. Instead, short hiccup-like sound escaped from her throat, and tears started trickling down her face. She was helpless against the overwhelming situation that were shoved onto her face. She was exhausted, both physically and mentally.

"Somebody.. Anybody.. Please.. I don't care even if you were a god or demon, just.. Help."

Edited by fayrbrant, 26 February 2014 - 11:04 AM.

nevernown

nevernown

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 575 posts
  • Location-1x378DE022

Daniel Asher Ben-Joshua

[South End]

[10:35 AM]

"So, once again sir", the young deputy said, "what time did you get here?"

Daniel sighed, he knew this would happen. Maybe he had been too nice when he told Ras and Madeleine that he would take care of talking to the deputy. Of course he would be stuck with a green sprout like the man - or rather - boy, that was taking his statement right now.

But now that he was here, he shouldn't make the lad's job too difficult.

"That would be around nine in the morning, Jimmy". He adressed the young deputy with his first name, it felt wrong to call the lad, that had just a shade of first beard on his chin, a 'sir'.

"And you left the shop... When?"

"That was a little before ten o' clock, that was also when Mrs. Maybley supposedly died."

"Supposedly?"

"Yes, Jimmy, people don't usually just drop dead. I do not want to state that she died immideatly for sure, okay?"

"Very well sir, thank you for your cooperation, How can we contact you if we need to check something?"

"My cellphone is okay, the number is... Wait, let me"

Daniel took his phone and showed the number on the screen. Less misunderstandings that way.

"I am free to go now?". He asked.

"You are, sir, have a good day."

Have a good day... it seemed such a strange sentence now.

Daniel shrugged and walked over to the paramedics, where he lined up for a little check. His body felt okay, but just to be sure.

Edited by nevernown, 25 February 2014 - 05:32 PM.

Professional Titles, granted by forum-members: Hobbit, Wordsmith, Weirdo, Creep, Reachable Height, DJ, Bishie, Beautiful Poet, Professor, Dutchie-Boy, Writer, Pervy-Sage, Cookie, "Teia: Oh gosh", Geeky boy, Traitor, Stalker (more to be expected)

gkq0.png

Creativity
- Thoughts
- SoundCloud

Officer Judy Hopps

Officer Judy Hopps

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationWonderland!

Showering and...HOME INTRUDERS?! What is this, a cliché horror movie?

1050 hrs.

The day was initially quite pleasant. The invigorating warm steam of the shower reaching into her lungs like a relaxing humidifier as the Alien casually stretched inside the shower. Today was going to be a good day, at least she hoped. Work had been hectic, life itself had been rather turbulent, with the attempts to sneak into areas she shouldn't be in to try and find her ship.

Thankfully, she had been able to explain it off as accidental intrusion. Having seen something odd or out of the ordinary that caught her attention. That, and a relatively easygoing commander to boot certainly helped.

Stepping out of the shower at long last, the flicker of her disguise coming back up happened in only a fickle moment while she wrapped her towel about herself once more. Striding to the window to her front yard, she just shifted the curtains to the side briefly and noticed something strikingly odd. 

Why was there a car parked in her front yard?

And to make matters worse, there was a wolf bolting towards her home?!

She understood quickly the possible consequence, as shifting watch it as it ran past to the flank of her house, she noticed something FAR more horrific. It BOLTED INTO HER CELLAR! Why did it do so?  For what purpose was it there for? She did know her first reaction however. Quicker than most humans could consider normal, she bolted to her bedroom and seized her firearm from beneath the pile of her clothing she had stripped before the shower. Then moving hastily, the Alien lined herself up in front of the door leading to the basement, and took a slow breadth. 

With a defiant push, she lunged forward and kicked the door open, still with just her towel on. Sending it flying almost off its hinges as her firearm came to bear upon a person. A person?! Looking at him with his peculiar camera and the like, she was immediately distracted first by the rather large rabid looking wolf that was lunging up behind him. Swiftly, she stepped forward and pushed him towards the wolf itself, causing the criminal to tumble down the stairs while the sight came to bear upon the wolf that seemed to advance so quickly.

Three gunshots rang out in rapid succession.

Three forty-five caliber bullets tore through the air and collided in rapid succession with the creature's skull. Like a sledgehammer to a simple fruit, the skull and mortality of the creature was literally demolished into little more than mush as Maddie turned and glared at the man. Raising her firearm at him, she simply considered what to do in this moment. This man was obviously guilty of breaking and entering, and on such grounds she could probably shoot him.

But to what purpose would that serve?

"Move with me. Or I'll do to you what I did to that wolf." she said in a steely voice, coaxing the man forward as she reached for her cellar door and promptly shut and locked it from exterior interference. Keeping her weapon affixed upon the man, the Alien then kept her watch on him as she slowly guided him back up the stairs and found her cellphone. Using her peripheral vision, she found the number for Ras, not the police. A peculiar notion, but she figured the police were already quite occupied by the current crisis in town.

She studied the man, while the phone rang. He had a tiny corner of white silk jutting from a pocket. She knew that silk. HE HAD STOLEN HER UNDERWEAR?! God...this man was going to pay. Breaking and Entering, Sexual Assault, and...why did he have a camera? There was a sinking feeling in her stomach. Why, why had this man broken into her home with a camera? Most criminals would have at least brought a firearm or some kind of weapon.

Then again, most criminals wouldn't expect to run into a fierce gun-touting woman. 

"Drop the camera." She ordered rather flatly. Only then did Ras' phone go to the message. So, with a very oddly pleasant tone, she spoke to it, leaving a message for her neighbor to hear later. "Hey! Ras, it's Maddie. I'm in the need of a little help." She flicked her gun slightly, setting the sights upon the center of the pervert cameraman's chest. To most, it would probably be disturbing how nonchalant the Alien seemed about the whole ordeal.  "A prick broke into my home, and was taking pictures of me...well...naked probably."

With a snap, and probably the assurance that Ras was going to arrive very soon. She looked at the man held at gunpoint with a disgruntled tone. "You heard me. Drop the camera, and kick it over to me. If you take one step the wrong way, I'll plug you full of lead."

Edited by Trouble, 26 February 2014 - 12:36 AM.

tumblr_o3sndbSAhX1qctrupo2_500.gif

Me, according to a Hero:

Spoiler

Yaomo

Yaomo

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,757 posts
  • Locationwathcing you from some place far away

[Monday. 10:17 A.M.]

As Joe pulled onto the street where they lived, finally having gotten Ty safely away from school, the man suddenly was alerted by something and told Ty not to look. Well, when told not to, anyone would want to know why, so the girl looked. And what she saw what a crowd of people, even police officers, gathering around something on the ground. Looked like someone had died in a pool of blood. Ty shivered slightly thinking that a killer might be on the loose, because that didn't look like neither natural nor like something a human could have survived. Good thing she had Uncle Joe with her.

[Monday. 10:26 A.M.]

Her caretaker was just about to take a nap when Ty heard some scraping sounds. It startled her a little, before she realized it had to be some sort of animal. Not that there was any chance of a killer to have stayed hidden in the house while Uncle Joe was securing it. The man would most definitely have noticed some trace or other. Not long after, Ty was taking a lesson on fox handling.

[Monday. 10:35 A.M.]

Some loud banging on the door stopped the lesson way too early. Fox back in the cage, Uncle Joe went to deal with whichever pest had ruined Ty's fun. And Ty herself was left to her own devices, pretty much ordered not to go upstairs. Boring, the girl thought, before hearing a most annoying voice speaking. Mrs. Cho. A horrid creature who had the audacity to wear the same name as Ty's aunt, and even try to take her place. Ty walked up to the basement door, and stood there, listening to the bizarre conversation, clenching the little knife she kept hidden in a pocket in her skirt. Not that she had any idea what to use it for, but knowing she had it made it just a little more bearable to just stay hidden without being able to actually do something. She let out a sigh of relief though, when Joe rejected the uninvited guest. They were comforting words to hear, that her aunt was right for this man whom she'd come to rely on so often.

あっ ちょっと死んじまった

Maia

Maia

The Resident Neko

• RP Section Mod
  • 2,441 posts
  • LocationLost in the Echo

|South End

| 1045 hr.

CARTER, Ashelyn

Ashe watched the young firefighter walk away with mixed emotions. On one hand, she felt bad for him and his father; both who obviously loved the dead woman dearly. On the other hand she really wanted to knock him upside his head and tell him to get his head clear so that he could be there for his father who would, for a while, need someone to keep him stable. She stayed silent, though, knowing she didn’t have any right to say anything to the man for a number of reasons. She was an outsider in Sanctuary, and the locals probably wouldn’t take well to her smacking one of their own around, even if it was for his own good. The other reason… well, Ashe wasn’t going to let that train of thought loose. Been there, done that, not gonna do it again.

The clerk behind the counter cleared his throat a little to gain Ashe’s attention and she handed him the money for her meager supply of food. As she walked out of the store, carefully avoiding having to touch the doors, she thought about something the firefighter had said. The entire place was full of people with the same type of illness; a fast spreading one from the sounds of it. An epidemic then? Was the CDC (Center for Disease Control) involved or was it just being dealt with by the local health department? The dead woman; had it just been natural causes that killed her or was it this sickness spreading through the city?

Ashe tucked the little bag of food away on her Ninja, checked to make sure her gun was secure behind her back and slid onto the motorcycle. As the engine purred to life she pulled the chopsticks from her hair and tucked them into her jacket pocket so that she could slide her helmet onto her head before rushing off down the street. She gave a small salute to the firefighters and the soldier standing near the paramedics and peeled out of the parking lot. Something about this situation in the city was making her paranoid and she couldn’t understand why.

“Situation goes from shitty to worse,” she mused aloud. “Just how bad can it get?”

So, had the General sent her here just to get her out of the limelight like he said, or was there something more going on that she wasn't privey to? Like an entire city full of sick people? Coincidence or an epidemic like her original thought had been? And what kind of illness was it anyway? She knew that people were coughing, their eyes were red and swollen, and there was possibly one death so far, but was that all there was to it? If it was something bad like an outbreak of some kind of new, or even old, strain of a virus, then there was one that she could think of that would have beginning symptoms like that. Ebola. But that wasn't possible, was it? There hadn't been any cases of Ebola or anything that serious in years, or at least none that she knew of. She didn't know enough about the virus to say that that was what this was, but it was hard to imagine a common cold spreading through an entire city in such a short amount of time. As was, the common cold had a certain amount of time in the incubation stage before it would take full effect on the host body. So what was it?

Edited by Maia, 27 February 2014 - 06:18 PM.

cei7ea6l_zpsde6a65e1.png

Need staff help? You can go to Staff Support.
Need site help? You can go to Batoto Support.
You can use the Report button if you find anything that is in violation of the Site Rules.
If all else fails you can feel free to send me a PM.

The Illuminati

The Illuminati

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 679 posts

Chapter One, Part II

Foul Harvest

"The law of harvest is to reap more than you sow. Sow an act, and you reap a habit. Sow a habit, and you reap a character. Sow a character, and you reap a destiny." - James Allen

tumblr_n1ku79Wum71s5gvcvo1_400.jpg

| PHILIPSBURG
|
Monday, 9:50 AM

"Somebody... Anybody... Please... I don't care even if you were a god or demon, just... Help..." Be careful what you wish for.

Rick and the healthy students moved to console Nurse K and help her up off the ground, when they all heard a very powerful explosion go off near the school. This was followed by every single glass window on the southeastern side of the school, either cracking or exploding inwards.

As everyone inside the nurse's office attempted to protect themselves from the flying glass, they all suddenly felt the ground shake violently. Many of the children lost their balance, but only a few actually fell to the ground. Around him, Rick could hear screams of pain, shock, and fear -- but most of them were coming from outside the school.

Ignoring Nurse K for the moment, Rick and some of the healthy students raced to the shattered or cracked windows and looked outside. What they saw, was complete and utter devastation.

Closest to the school were burning cars and several auto wreckages. At first glance, it looked like little more than one hell of a severe multi-vehicle collision, but beyond that, Rick could also see that homes and businesses in the neighborhood were on fire.

All around the school, in fact, smoke plumed in to the air. Just then there was another explosion. Like the first, it rocked the building and dislodged a large shard of glass that hung right above Rick's neck. Rick never noticed it, instead, he was too focused on the large fireball that was now rising into the air near the southeast of Sanctuary.

That was were the mayor stockpiled Sanctuary's supply of propane tanks, before selling it to the citizens of the town. The mayor owned the larger gas stations in town, and a used-car dealership. Not technically legal (politicians owning businesses), but laws were fluid in Sanctuary. Now, as Rick watched as gas tanks began raining down on buildings and cars, he wished someone had at least suggested not keeping all that flammable gas in one place.

Hearing the screams once more, Rick looked down and saw a woman point in the direction of the main street. Adjusting his view, he saw what she was pointing at. Down the center of the street and sidewalk, people were running. People on foot, people on bikes, and even people in cars driving over those unfortunate enough to be in their way.

They were all trying to get away from something. Searching the horizon, all Rick could see where more people. Except, these guys looked like they were covered in blood. A few were also moving strangely, like running on all fours. These people were attacking those ahead of them, but not with their fists. They were using their teeth. Without thinking, Rick called to the parents just below him and ordered them to get inside the building.

“Hey! I know,” Connor shouted enthusiastically.“Hey principal, why don’t you let Debbie, Lux, and I head on over to the mayor’s office -- under school business! We can totally convince the mayor to close down the school early. I refuse to just sit still and do nothing while things are becoming anarchy!”

Rubbing her temples, the principal was about to answer when her phone rang again. Raising a single, long finger to indicate that they should wait for her answer, Principal Senaa turned her back to the children as she picked up her telephone. Fifteen minutes later, order turned to anarchy.

After the first explosion rocked the school and cracked the glass windows, Lux, Boxers, Debbie, and Principal Senaa raced to look out of the cracked glass window at the chaos outside. It was as if the entire town had gone crazy: people were attacking one another, cars and buildings were on fire, and now someone was banging on the door to the principal's office. Taking large strides to cross the room to the door, Boxers had to run to catch Principal Senaa before she could open her office door.

Questioning his actions with a look, the banging quickly turned from frenzied knocking to bone breaking punches. Covering her ears, Debbie had to force herself to take calming breathes to stop the tears threatening to spill from behing her brown eyes. Just then they heard all tables and chairs being dragged around outside and thrown against the walls and office door. Whoever was outside, they desperately wanted to get into the small office.

Hearing more screams behind him, Rick turned just in time to see the sick students attacking the healthy ones. Just then a male student rushed him, nearly sending Rick flying out the broken window. Grabbing the sides of window frame, Rick fought hard to stay in the room even as he finally noticed the glass shard begin to fall. If he didn't get his head back inside soon, he would be decapitated, but the large student kepts his hands wrapped tightly around Rick's neck.

On the floor, Nurse K was being pinned down by three other boys -- all with matching bloodshot eyes and blood seeping from the insides of their mouths. Two boys held her by the arms and legs, while the third licked her face. His tongue was long and more like a tentacle, as it wiggled across her cheek and tried to enter between her lips. Opening her eyes, K and Rick shared one last look before...

OOC
Spoiler

| SOUTH END
|
Monday, 10:50 AM

Dan was next in line to get his checkup, when he heard people gasp and saw them begin pointing towards something. That something was to the east and appeared to be a large forest fire. How long it had been burning, no one could tell, but now that people actually stopped to look, it seemed like smoke was rising in every direction around them.

The deputies, firemen, and paramedics tried to make calls to their respective bases, but none could get through. Anyone that tried to call 911 soon realized that their phones were useless, as far as making calls were concerned.

Suddenly a high-pitched scream tore through the crowd. Twisting to see what it was, Dan saw that one of the fire fighters was still screaming and pointing inside the back of the ambulance. Set up slightly away and to the side, everyone had to step out of line to look inside the open doors of the vehicle.

When they did, what they saw was almost beyond words. Inside, Mr. Mabley the fire fighter, was being attacked by the corpse of his wife, Anne Mabley. Blood was everywhere, and covered everything. As their son continued screaming, Mr. Mabley's head came loose as his wife ate through the back of his neck and rolled out the back of the ambulance.

Everyone was quiet. Shock perhaps, maybe even sheer disbelief. It was only when Anne turned to see where her husband's tasty head had gone, that everyone started screaming and running for the supermarket. It was a stampede of people, that left only the two deputies, paramedics, and fire fighters outside. The fire fighters had their axes while the deputies drew their firearms. Aiming their weapons at Anne as she slowly stepped outside, the bloody-faced woman casually kicked the servered head into her son's lap before leaping over everyone and forcing her way inside the supermarket.

The deputies fired their guns, but she moved too fast for them. Inside the supermarket, Anne Mabley clung to the wall like a lizard and smiled her bloody grin down at everyone inside. The paramedics, deputies, and a few firemen followed after her inside. The rest remained outside to check on Mr. Mabley, and his son.

Inside, people screamed and shouted at Anne, but no one dared approach her. That was when it happened. People, all bloody-faced like Anne Mabley with red blood-shot eyes, descended into the parking lot. There must have been at least fifty of them. Most likely more.

They began attacking everyone one in the parking lot, and in the neighboring stores whose doors were left wide open. Without a word, Samuel Todd began lowering the supermarket's security fence to try and keep those people out. A few normal people saw this and began running for the store. But right behind them, were those others... In all the confusion, no one saw where Anne Mabley went.

OOC
Spoiler

| CUL-DE-SAC
|
Monday, 11:00 AM

"Luca?!" Came the voice of Luca's grandma from upstairs. "Is that you? Why aren't you at school?!" she bellowed.

"Something... Uhmm, happened. Outside!" the Freak shouted back. He could hear his grandma moving to the front on the house, no doubt to see for herself.

"If that's what it looks like, then you should probably call the police!" was her simple reply to the body outside.

"O-okay!" he replied reaching for the phone. "Hello? Uhh... Police? Okay. Good. Uh, right, okay. So... Something happened. You might want to come and have a look. It's... It's not good." He peered out the window, trying to keep an eye on the situation. "Ah, umm... No. I think it's too late for an ambulance. Almost definitely." After giving his address to the female deputy, Luca quickly hung up the phone and set about developing his pictures, all thoughts of school fleeing his mind.

An hour-and-a-half later, Luca was still busy with his photography. Occasionally he would look away, such as when the ambulance came to pick up the dead woman but instead left it sitting there while they drank some iced tea. To be fair, they at least covered her up, but still... Regardless, that was worth a few more pictures with his camera. However, it wasn't until he heard a gun go off a couple of times that he finally stopped and started paying attention to what was going on outside.

"Drop the camera." The woman barked, still wet after just killing that huge wolf with three easy shots to it's head.

The man had been so surprised when Maddie almost kicked the basement door clean off it's hinges, and her point her gun at him. For the first time in his life, he felt true terror as wood splinters sprayed his face. But before he could even think to beg for his measly life, she marched forward and kicked him out of the way with one of her powerful legs. The next thing he heard were three shots being fired and a loud 'thud', as something heavy landed next to him.

Eyes closed, the man screamed with each shot fired, and tried to protect his body with his weak hands. When he felt no pain and heard the 'thud', he opened his eyes and realized she'd meant to kill some kind of sick looking bear. Scrambling quickly to his feet, just in case the thing was still alive, he half began thanking her for saving his life when he noticed she was now aiming her gun at him.

"Move with me. Or I'll do to you what I did to that wolf." she said, the calm in her voice scaring him more than anything else.

'Wait! That thing was a wolf?!'

After devouring the remains of what was once a scientist, who had a penchant for talking to inanimate objects, the remaining twenty wolf pack members busied themselves with clean-up when gun shots rang out. Perking their ears in the general direction, they all rushed forward to help their fallen family member.

Jessica Cho pinched the bridge of her nose as she stood outside Joseph River's house. The man had turned her down again and it was officially not cute anymore. As good as she looks, and as much money and power she has, she shouldn't have to beg for anything. She hadn't even come over because of that. She had genuinely wanted Joe's help to get the paramedics moving. That body was starting to stink up the place, and was just bad karma.

Turning back around, she knocked on Joe's door again and waited for him to open it up. At the very least, she would get that damned body moved away here. Lost in thought, Jess only half heard the angry animal noises. Along with the rest of her neighbors, she looked down the street to see what was going on. Stepping on to the curb, she narrowly missed getting pounced on by a six foot tall wolf as it leapt off Joe's house and tackled the woman standing next to her.

Just then more super-large wolves began descending off houses, and jumping out from between alleys. That was when people began running for their lives. In shock, Jess could only fall to her knees as she watched her frenemies getting mauled by the supersized creatures. Just then the sound of a motorcycle saved her life.

Snapping out of her momentary paralysis, Jess looked down the street again. There, she saw a woman riding towards her, while being chased by another huge wolf. It kept nudging her bike until the woman finally lost control, and landed right in front of Jess.

Leaping to action, Jess instinctively took off one of her expensive boots and threw it wide over the large creatures head. Like a dog, it stood on it's hind legs to catch the boot and began shaking it's head furiously before spitting the boot back out. In the meantime, Jess helped drag the woman up to Joe's front door and began banging on it like their lives depended on it.

Finally upstairs, the man listened as Maddie left a message for the fireman who he had seen her ride back with from the supermarket. Cursing under his breathe, he couldn't believe he'd been caught, though, he'd probably be dead if he hadn't. Still, he had found something that looked very interesting, before pocketing it in a brown envelope. If that was the kind of thing that his employer was looking to purchase, then he was now on the verge of making a small fortune -- if he could manage to pass it along.

"You heard me. Drop the camera, and kick it over to me. If you take one step the wrong way, I'll plug you full of lead," she said, snapping him out of his thoughts.

The camera? Damn, he'd been stupid enough to bring it with him. But maybe, just maybe, this would be just what the doctored ordered. Pretending to take the camera from around his neck, the man instead used it's flash to blind Maddie as he dropped to his knees and rolled towards the front door.

Surprised by the flash, she fired her gun once, hitting the space where the man had just been but missing him by miles. Now in her living room, the man sprinted for the front door as Maddie chased after him in her towel.

Throwing his full weight against the front door, it ripped open in a shower of paint chips and splinters as the man landed on the lawn outside. Running on all fours now, he quickly rolled under a parked car just as Maddie made it to her open doorway. Aiming at the car's tires, another much, larger wolf landed in front of her and forced her back inside her house.

Having landed with it's back to her, it quickly turned on it's heels but Maddie pulled what was left of her front door closed just as it slammed into it. As if on cue, two of the largest wolves in the pack came crashing in though her large living room window. Downstairs was just too opened, Maddie needed to get back upstairs and changed.

As Luca watched the wolves slowly pick people off the streets, while others threw themselves through living room windows to get at those inside, he heard a crash upstairs followed by the sound of four feet walking across the floor above him.

OOC
Spoiler

| WEST SANCTUARY
|
Monday, 10:10 AM

"S-sheriff..!" the panicked voiced belonged to Deputy Gorilla. Following his gaze, Sheriff Riyo's mouth dropped open when she saw the eight foot monster step out from the shadows, and right in from of her and Gorilla.

The monster looked human -- male, going by the dangly bits -- but completely deformed. The skin was ripped and stretched everywhere, the feet were twisted in opposing direction, in the middle of it's chest, the skin vibrated back and forth as if the creatures heart was about to fall out of it's chest and onto the ground. The jaw was lopsided, but functioning from the way it was chewing, and... That face! It was Sammy?!

In Sammy's left hand were the remains of a woman, her legs missing. Suddenly Riyo knew what Sammy'd been chewing, and why he was staring at them. She could tell by just the look in his eyes. Sammy was hungry.

"Sheriff, get out of here! I'll..!" but before Gorilla could have his one awesome moment, Sammy turned around donkey-kicked Gorilla so high into the air that he landed on top of the roof of the police car, completely flattening it. Turning back around slowly, drool dripping from Sammy's dislocated jaw, the monster surprised her again. By speaking to her.

"Sherriff... t'll... Sam Mie... go... HUM... Sammeh... no... like... Sherrif."

| PHILIPSBURG
|
Monday, 11:20 AM

"Chief! You need me someplace?" Ras asked the fire chief as he barged into the the older man's office.

Inside, he found the fire chief, the mayor of Sanctuary, and the local reverend: three of the five most powerful men in Sanctuary. All in one room. Ras suddenly felt like he'd made a big mistake coming back to the fire station.

With one hand behind his back and two marbles in his hand, the mayor turned to look out of a window as he asked the fire chief if Ras wasn't supposed to have the day off. Through the window, Ras could see what looked like all of Sanctuary on fire.

"Dumb ox," the chief mumbled. "You never did know how to follow orders." With a nod of the chief's head, and his eyes looking passed Ras' body, the fireman felt a sharp pain in the back of his head before everything went dark.

When Ras finally came to, it was pitch black and he felt cramped. The large man could barely move around, and worse, there was something heavy on top of him. Just then Ally groaned and Ras knew what had happened, they had both been buried alive.

OOC
Spoiler

Edited by Luther-Morgan, 16 December 2014 - 03:07 PM.

“It's all about Power."
"We control the World."

nevernown

nevernown

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 575 posts
  • Location-1x378DE022

Daniel Asher Ben-Joshua

[South End]

[10:50 AM]

Dan looked up when he heard people gasp. Like the gasping people do when they see something huge. And when he looked, he finally could place the feeling he had earlier that morning. The forest was on fire, and not just a little bit.

Smoke seemed to rise all around the town. Big black columns, as if reaching for the sun, slowly began clogging up the sky. Dan was actually surprised that they hadn't noticed before, but then again, today had already been a crazy day, and it wasn't even lunchtime yet. Well, no use in contemplating today now. All around him, paople were trying to reach whatever help they knew of, but to no avail.

He looked at his own cellphone, the antenna symbol blinked red and black. No connection.

And as if that was not enough, a scream tore through the crowd. Not a gasp for a regular fire. Someone had just wet their pants, probably. Dan twisted around and looked in the direction where a young firefighter was pointing.

The ambulance...

He stepped out a bit, and for the first time in years, his heart was clenched in the cold fist of fear.

"Oh God..." He managed to squeeze out, it took him a moment to fully grasp what he saw.

First of all, there was a lot of blood. Blood had splattered on the wall of the ambulance, and there was even a small pool forming at it's left hind tire. In the gorey mess of blood lay the cause. Mrs. Anne mayble. The -supposedly dead- Mrs. Anne Maybley. She was alive. No... Well... Dan couldn't really judge that. She was moving, chewing... Right through her husband's neck...

And then it rolled off... When the young firefighter saw that, his screaming died down to a despaprate sob.

The scene was almost surreal. This kind of scene should not be. This should be happening in those games that some kids play. This should not be.

"Oh God...", This time it was more a prayer. It fit everything that went through Dan's mind into a package, and gave it to the one he always went to when things went awry. But just this time, he had no words for it.

Silence. No one made a sound. Shock, Disbelief.

Mrs. Maybley -or what was left of her- turned her head to the crowd. A shock went through the crowd, Some firefighters heaved their axes, the policement aimed their guns. The collective thought was apparent. That... thing, it is dangerous.

And then the crowd snapped. Someone screamed again, one person started to run, two people followed. Then all the civilians ran. They ran for the one palce that seemed safe. Todd's Supermarket. After all, Todd had reassured them before, sure he would help them now?

This left the paramedics, firefighters and the two deputies, standing there. Aiming.

The thing stepped out of the ambulance, and kicked her husband's head. It landed in the lap of her son, who sat on the ground, stupified.

Then she bolted off after the running people, into the supermarket. She was followed by the deputies' bullets, but she was too fast, and they didn't want to risk hitting the fleeing people. Then some of the firefighters and the two deputies ran after her, leaving the rest to... Well, to clean up the mess that was Mr. Maybley, and to tend to his son, that seemed to lose more of his marbles by the minute.

At this point, Dan found himself to be able to think properly again. But just as he found his senses again, he heard more people run from the other side. He looked up, and saw about fifty maybley-like creatures run into the parking lot, and towards the supermarket.

"Oh God..." The third time he said that today, and with reason.

He drew his desert eagle, turned around and ran.

When he saw Todd lower the fence he aimed at the poor shop-owner, and shouted.

"Let us in, Todd, don't you close it," His voice was cold as steel.

He dropped to the street and slid under the fence, getting inside. Then he stood up, turned around, and fired a metal slug right into the face of a maybley-like creature that tried to bite into his stomach.

"Everyone is in, DROP IT, TODD, DROP THE FENCE!"

Edited by nevernown, 28 February 2014 - 07:51 AM.

Professional Titles, granted by forum-members: Hobbit, Wordsmith, Weirdo, Creep, Reachable Height, DJ, Bishie, Beautiful Poet, Professor, Dutchie-Boy, Writer, Pervy-Sage, Cookie, "Teia: Oh gosh", Geeky boy, Traitor, Stalker (more to be expected)

gkq0.png

Creativity
- Thoughts
- SoundCloud

Officer Judy Hopps

Officer Judy Hopps

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationWonderland!

Lock & Load

Maddie

Her home, 1055 AM

Much to her triumph, the man seemed to cooperate as he began to lower the camera. She had struck fear into him, after all. Not many people stood courageously when being held at gunpoint. Yet with a sudden flash of the camera itself, he fled! Giving chase as he ran out the door, Maddie watched as he moved to hide beneath a car. However, there soon came to be far more pressing matters. Another monstrous wolf came charging up her way, and the Alien barely managed to slam the door shut just in time. 

And to make matters far worse, two more wolves burst in through the windows. They turned on her, the young woman in seemingly nothing but a towel. Certainly she was an odd one, with a scent that wasn't quite human. So they approached her with caution. Maddie, on the other hand slowly backed away. One hand on the part that held her towel together, and the other with the pistol still raised to bear. 

She needed to be careful. Three bullets were left in the chamber. So she needed to be precise. 

Impatient creatures as they were, the closest wolf finally lunged for her. First, the Alien reacted accordingly. The towel came rapidly undone and thrown into the first attacker's face. Blinding it briefly in the valuable time she needed to step aside from its lunge. With it however, came the second creature, and with her firearm aimed in the steady brilliance that adrenaline gave, the gunshot rang out and punched through the ferocious canine's mouth in a neat hole about the size of a dime.

And exited through the back of its head in a hole about the size of a grapefruit. 

Turning then, the second shot rang out upon the blinded wolf. Punching through it's flank and lungs to exit out the other side. As the creature stumbled and collapsed while it rasped for air, the military-trained girl lunged for large, serrated knife sitting upon her carving board. Taking hold of it quickly, even while still very much in the nude, she plunged it into the side of the wolf's skull. The struggling creature, still covered in the towel, went rather limp as a large pool of crimson spread from it.

Turning to her shaking door then, the girl took aim at it. Waiting just a moment for it to finally break down. With her last round in the chamber, the massive wolf lunged forward only to have a final round coolly placed between it's eyes as the forty-five caliber round completely demolished it's skull akin to a sledgehammer. Once it dropped, the Alien did not remove the grip of her knife in the least as she then bound upstairs to her bedroom. 

Slamming the door shut behind her and locking it, Maddie then looked out the window to the car the man had hid under. Wolves were sniffing beneath it. She needed to move quickly before they decided to move on. Turning to her weapons storage safe in her locker, her fingertips flew in precise purpose and withdrew her own personal home defense weapon after she had reloaded her pistol.

An M4A1 Carbine. Grabbing a thirty-round magazine and snapping it into place, the incognito Alien looked down the sight as she steadied her hand upon the grip and handle, whilst resting the butt of the rifle in the pocket of her shoulder. It was a double benefit. She could take care of the spy who had invaded her home, and take care of those monstrous creatures at the same time. It did not take long, as it was a rather large target. Standing back from the window, but keeping her sight in line on the car, the switch was moved from safe to semi-automatic.

With the pull of a trigger ten times. Ten rifle rounds punctured the hood of the car with the brilliant precision of a trained professional within the expanse of just a few seconds. Not one, but two of them found the fuel line. The first punctured the fuel tank, and the second caused the eruption she had been hoping for. With a window-rattling eruption, a fireball tore upward as her neighbor's car literally exploded upwards. Launching the car nearly two feet off it's wheels before crashing to the ground once more.

With fire and shrapnel flying everywhere, it would undoubtedly kill the man. And also kill or maim many of the wolves who had stood near it. Turning her weapon towards the cameraman's car however, it was one that was relatively easy to identify. The only strange car on the lot, after all. A quintet of bullets rang out from her improvised sniper's nest, two tires suddenly deflated rapidly, and the remaining bullets were spent first taking care of any limping wolves that survived the explosion. 

Snapping her weapon about and tossing it onto her bed at first, the Alien first grabbed her uniform. Quickly donning the camouflage, boots, and cap, she settled her sidearm into her thigh holster as she strapped it on. Then slinging on a lightweight Kevlar Vest, a quartet of thirty-round magazines for her carbine fit into the sleeves on its sides, and in the thigh holster were three magazines for her pistol.

Lastly, with a deft snap, her carbon-steel combat knife snapped neatly into its sheath upon her back. 

Judging from the smoke and sounds of chaos distant, war had descended upon Sanctuary. 

Thankfully due to her training, Maddie was more than prepared for it. Slinging her Carbine about her back so that it rested upon the back of her hips, the Alien carefully made her way downstairs. With one hand holding her pistol at the ready, and the other supporting such with a grip upon her drawn knife, Maddie made her way downstairs, looking out her front door at the chaos in the streets, she looked on rather horrified as a monstrosity crashed into a window upstairs on a neighbor's house. 

There were people downstairs! Should she help them? People were being carried off in the streets, so the Alien would need to play it smart and safe.

Moving to her side-door, transitioned into her garage. With a heavy steel garage door in front of her, she closed and locked the heavy door to her garage. It was here that she picked up her cellular phone. Realizing the foolishness of this action as it were so enveloped in madness outside, Maddie looked lastly to her garage door. Those people across the street were in danger, and lives were important, human lives anyway, right?

So, stepping out into the chaos of the world outside, continually held her pistol and knife at the ready. Quickly, quietly, she would distance herself from the burning car as it would gather unwanted attention. And lastly, she remained downwind, so that these horrific creatures wouldn't be able to catch her peculiar, and ever so inhuman scent. Moving like a mouse from cover to cover as she constantly checked for hostile traffic, she made her way in a wickedly quick dash across the street before taking cover again in some bushes. 

Slowly then, she sneaked her way to Luca's side door after nimbly vaulting over a fence. 

With her elbow's strike, the glass protecting the inside came undone, and her fingertips reached past the jagged hole to open the door from the inside. Sliding in, she swept into the room where Luca resided in like the soldier she was after she closed the door behind her. Looking to him first as it was clear, the Alien clearly spoke in her usual, simple human tongue.

"Where is it?"

Edited by Trouble, 28 February 2014 - 01:02 AM.

tumblr_o3sndbSAhX1qctrupo2_500.gif

Me, according to a Hero:

Spoiler

Maia

Maia

The Resident Neko

• RP Section Mod
  • 2,441 posts
  • LocationLost in the Echo

|Cul-De-Sac

|1100 hours

CARTER, Ashelyn

She couldn’t believe it: she had been riding down the street of what appeared to be a quiet suburb when a massive, mutilated looking, wolf had jumped out at her. What was more amazing was that even after gunning the engine on her Kawasaki Ninja the beast was able to keep up with her, nudging at the bike every few paces. Ashe tried, but she couldn’t keep the motorcycle steady and found herself sliding along the ground until she came to a dazed halt in front a panicked woman, who threw what looked to be a fairly expensive looking boot at the massive wolf. Ashe would have laughed at the absurdity of the wolf actually falling for it if the creature hadn’t dropped the now destroyed boot a few moments later.

“Oh shit,” she ground out through clenched teeth.

The formerly stunned woman helped Ashe to her feet and up to the front door of the nearest house where they proceeded to bang on the door. Ashe looked back to see the wolf moving slowly forward as it stalked the two women. Foregoing all common courtesy she grabbed the woman’s arm –completely ignoring her annoyingly shocked cry of fear- then took a step back. Aiming carefully with her foot she threw a sideways kick at the door; avoiding as much damage as she could and threw the woman inside -literally-  when the door flew open so that she slid along the floor and into the back of a couch.

Ashe followed her in and slammed the still intact door and relocked it, though she didn’t know how long that was going to last. She pulled her handgun from the holster hidden in the back waistline of her BDUs, checked the mag. and chambered the first round as she slowly backed away from the door. She ignored the sobbing woman crawling along the floor as she glanced around the room, taking note of every single detail her glacier blue eyes settled on.

“You on the floor, be quiet,” Ashe hissed at the woman. “Where is the owner of this house?”

Ashe stepped backwards away from the door again, reached down to grab the woman’s arm and yanked her quickly to her feet. The sniveling woman was in the way of progress. Ashe grabbed one end of the couch, not caring if she caused any damage to the floor or furniture, and dragged it as quickly as she could against the front door. She made sure to tilt it back so that it was jammed, and the more someone –or something- beat against the door, the more the couch would stick. As she stepped away again she pulled her chopsticks out of her pocket,  pulled her hair back and deftly twisted the blonde strands around the sticks, getting the mass out of her face.

“Answer me, where is the owner of this house?” She asked again, turning to look at the woman.

Edited by Maia, 28 February 2014 - 09:15 AM.

cei7ea6l_zpsde6a65e1.png

Need staff help? You can go to Staff Support.
Need site help? You can go to Batoto Support.
You can use the Report button if you find anything that is in violation of the Site Rules.
If all else fails you can feel free to send me a PM.

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • Locationin Oblivion, checking out the tapestry.

| South End

| Benedikt Rasmussen

Visions or rather faces of many of the unfortunate flashed in front of his eyes. Benedikt Rasmussen was a lot of things least of all a ‘dumb ox’. Life is pretty funny, when he made dishonest gold and blood money he was respected and even feared and when he had hoped for redemption through reformation and selflessness he was betrayed and reviled. As he opened his eyes there was nothing but darkness, he felt he was staring into his heart but that wasn’t the case as Ally’s slight groan and evident weight made its presence known. The old foxes were certainly planning something and Ras was just an expendable in his grand scheme. Here he was buried alive with the one he tried to protect, more out of care than duty.

The coffin was cramped due to his large build and doubly so because Ally was there with him. Panic won’t unsettle him but the same can’t be said for the fine lass above him. He whispered to her carefully “Woken up yet?” he asked.

“Uhh, my head” she groaned a bit.

“well I want you to listen to me calmly” he asked.

“Uh-huh”

“Do you still have that pen light with you?”

“Where are we? and why am I above you?”

“We are buried alive, now just answer me.”

“Whaaaat!!”

“The key to survival here is not panicking, now. Do you still have the light?” he asked calmly.

“Yeah in my right trouser pocket.” she said after a pause.

“Okay” Ras searched her pockets with his hands and retrieved the pen-light.

Switching it on, he took a look at his surroundings. The wood was barely holding of the dirt it seemed. From the looks of it, the coffin was rather old perhaps dug up to put them in. But there was no pungent smell of a long dead corpse so maybe it was never used, one of the surplus ones in the church. He remembered seeing the Reverend in there too. He knew it was easy for that sly hyena to get one. It was pressing from near the foot and near center. Ally’s throat was roughly closest to it.

After giving it all a thorough check he handed over the pen-light to Ally.

“Roll your shirt over your head slowly” he said to her calmly.

“What? You wanna go down having some sex?” she quipped.

“Not the best time for jokes, Al. Just roll up the shirt slowly over your head and don’t fully take your head out of it.”

A few minutes later it was done, in the process she had scraped her elbows a bit but nothing serious. The shirt fell roughly over his face. “Now tie in the loose end. So that you have your head in a makeshift sack.” he said. Ally followed his instructions.

“Tilt yourself to my left hand side and place your feet between my legs.” he said to her calmly as he took the flashlight from her hands again. Moving his hand a bit gingerly as bloodflow got regulated he felt the timber around the bulge. He curled his big hands in a fist and then began striking the bulge repeatedly. It gave way after the 13th punch, dirt slowly trickled from the crack.

He could feel the cold earth on his shirt. “Now push the falling dirt away from your side into my right.”

[15 minutes later.]

The trickle stopped as a faint light made it’s way through. He had worked together with Ally and had distributed the earth in the coffin. Guessing from the dirt, there was about four-four and a half feet of dirt above them. A bit of respite was there. They could breathe a bit for some time. The air was getting dangerously low in the coffin even the brief wave of fresh air was a luxury.

He followed punching downwards from the crack, careful that it doesn't progress towards his face as more dirt began trickling in. He used his right hand to bury himself partially in dirt as a small hole had opened up. About half a foot wide and two and a half feet in length. This was to be his exit window. Luckily, his big size and their haste had afforded him some luxury as to the distance under the earth.

“Peek through and let me know how big is the hole above us.” he said after a while. Ally slid back into their waking position and forced herself downwards to take a peek.

“Around a foot wide” she said.

All was going fine by the looks of it. “Take a deep breath and pull your arms together.” he said in a more assertive tone.

“Okay”

“On my signal. You have to sit up erect and drive your hands through the dirt to pull yourself upwards. Claw at the dirt to pull yourself upwards. You got it.” he said.

“Yeah”

“On my mark then.” he placed his left hand on the crack with his elbow vertically beneath his palm and slowly took out his other hand and placed it in a similar manner. Then drawing a deep breath he composed himself.

“One...two...threeee” with a heave he pushed the crack outwards, the foot wide space afforded him the chance to push the wood outwards. Ally was fairly spot on with the orders. She pushed herself up thrusting her hips into his stomach and rose to her feet slowly. The dirt that was holding a neat line found a new gap to fill as it fell into the space. What came next was crucial for Ras to live. Within a few seconds Ally had got herself out of the hell hole with dirt effectively occupying the place she left, Ras was literally buried in the dirt with only his head in some space.

[3 minutes later.]

The seamless grave was now a malformed pit as Ally clawed her way to Ras.

Now that the air was enough, the panic set in her frantic clawing as tears lined her face. She was just in her finery making a desperate attempt to save her love. Hard as it was to accept, over the years she had fallen for the terse fireman. And his calmness today had saved her, she felt a bit of awe that others felt for what the firemen did.

“Ras!!” she shouted as she clawed desperately, she was within a foot of the large man.

Few more ploughs and her nails found his shirt, “Raaasss!!” she howled again as she increased her pace even though the fatigue was becoming painful, with a jerk a large hand grasped her hand.

“Calm down Al.” a muffled voice came from beneath the dirt. He was still conscious and luckily alive. Tears streamed down her red cheeks as her pace slowed and ploughs became deeper. Within a few minute she was roughly sitting on Ras’s chest.

“Man! you need to cut down on those chocolate cream” he remarked still faced. A slight smile tugged at her face as she slapped his face mockingly.

“Well looks like the guys in the establishment have gone bad” he commented flatly. There was no reply from Ally that thought hadn’t struck to her until now.

“But why?” she asked.

“Dunno. But first we need to get out of here before they come confirming.” he said standing up. Sharp pain ran throughout his body as he stood up. Despite being regular at the gym, real life was something rather tough even for him.

He bent down to get Ally's shirt and handed it to her as he took her hand and made his way to the clearing. The smoke that rose from the town made the situation rather grim and ominous. The old coots weren’t up to anything good, that was for sure.

Edited by Diabolical Rhapsodii, 01 March 2014 - 04:19 PM.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

The Illuminati

The Illuminati

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 679 posts

| SOUTH END
|
Monday, 10:52 AM

It was all strangely beautiful. The utter chaos. The complete anarchy. The total destruction of everything he loved, and hated. Too easy. It would have all been too easy to give in, and give up. Just, let it all wash over him. But his animal instincts wouldn't let him. Samuel Todd, above all else, was a survivor. And seeing the danger rushing towards him on two-, and sometimes four legs, he knew exactly what needed to be done.

Running into his office, he yanked his desk drawer open and reached inside. Grabbing the electronic remote for the security fence, he ran back into the store and switched it on. Painfully slow, the mesh of metal began descending down to cover the entire front side of the supermarket. Soon the large window and open doors would be covered, and everyone inside would be safe. He was going to be a hero. Everyone still outside... Well, they would understand. It was as much the survival of the lucky, as it was of the fittest.

"Let us in, Todd! Don't you close it!!" Todd recognized that voice from earlier, and was happy -- from the sound of it -- that he was going to be rid of at least one nuisance.

Turning his face, a smirk already forming on his lips, Todd nearly shipped his pants when he saw the large desert eagle pointed between his eyes. Fumbling with the remote for a second, Todd quickly stopped the metal fence from closing all the way. Dan was still outside, providing cover fire. Because of this several more firemen were able to get inside, along with lots of women and children. The rest hid in their cars and waited for rescue.

Only when Dan saw a large group of Mabley-like people rushing towards him, did he power-slide under the metal fence to get inside. Todd hit the button again withoug needing to be told to, but one of them managed to get under the gate before it closed. Dan quickly killed it, but three more were able to crawl in because the body stopped the gate from closing. Luckily, a fireman knew exactly what to do and started hacking the body in half.

It was a bloody thing to watch, but no one had time to freak out. The three Mabley-like creatures needed to be dealt with first, but thanks to Dan's heroics, there were now eight firemen in the supermarket. Between the eight axes and three guns, they had a chance to win.

| CUL-DE-SAC
|
Monday, 11:02 AM

Underneath the small, fruit-coloured car, the man screamed like only a grown man could. With his boot covered feet, he kicked at the snouts of the large wolves. They clawed at the pavement in rage, but so far hadn't figured out how to get under the car. That was when he heard the familiar gun go off and turned to see if the woman was coming after him.

'Persistent, that one,' he thought as he turned his head to the house and saw the manhole cover.

As the large wolf slowly approach the two woman, he was momentarily stunned when they seemed to move closer him instead of trying to get further away. The change in tactics was enough to save their lives as the wolf stopped dead in it's tracks, confused by this display of aggression.

Only when the door swung did it begin to grasp that, in order for them to move forward, they first had to move backwards. Dashing forward, the wolf stopped again when a car nearby erupted in a ball of fire. Two of it's family members were standing nearby, the third having gone to investigate the sounds of gunfire. Now it seemed like bees were attacking the two as they tried to limp away, but fell dead to the street.

Enraged but powerless, the wolves retreated back to the woods to reassess the threat these annoying little bees posed. The wolf inside Maddie's house knew she was somehow the queen bee, and stalked her silently to avoid alerting her worker drones. She had a strange scent, but the wolf's hunger pushed it to risk the danger. As Maddie ran passed the ambulance, she never noticed that body under the covering was gone.

“Answer me, where is the owner of this house?” Cho didn't understand why the woman she had just rescued was being so rough with her. She was even waving a gun around like a mad woman.

Deciding to stay off her radar, Cho pointed to the cellar... Just as a car exploded. Moving to the window, she peaked outside to see all the wolves running away. Before, whenever one would catch someone, two other wolves would join in on the feast. That meant alot more people had gotten away than common sense would dictate. Regardless, this was probably her best chance to get to her house and call the mayor for help.

As Joe hurried back upstairs to see what the hell was going on, the fox kit broke out of it's cage again. It had somehow caught the virus, and now mutated into a rabid beast. With Ty facing away, it lunged for back of her throat -- but she turned around just at that moment, and caught the creature between her small hands. Falling to the floor, the fox snapped at her face as it drooled into her eyes and mouth. If she didn't act quickly, her arms would give out from the size and strength of the creature.

"Where is it?" Maddie asked her neighbor, as she noticed he had pictures of her in his basement.

As if in reply, the wolf that had stalked her all the way from her house, lunged for her head but got a mouth full of body armor instead. Not knowing the difference, the beast pinned her arms down with it's paws as it tried hard to rip her 'head' off. It was one of the few that hadn't eaten since getting a mouth full of Sammy' infected flesh.

Now, as the virus rebuildt it's body, cell by cell, it needed constant nutrients to fuel the change, or else it would begin digesting itself. The original wolf had gone upstairs to check on grandma, a red curtain draped across it's body like in the fairy tale.

Underneath the burning car, the man pulled himself together. He had crawled into the sewers just in time to avoid getting cooked alive by that crazy woman. There was no doubt in his mind that she'd meant to kill him. And for what?

Reaching for the brown envelope in his pocket, he pulled out the silver bracelet with purple gemstones he'd found in her bedroom. The metal was soft, but solid, warm all by itself, and had strange carvings in it -- like that ring from you-know-where. For a moment, he wondered if she was an elf, when the bracelet started glowing white and hovered just above his hand. Without warning, it projected strange symbols above itself. It was like something straight out of a science fiction.

Back up top, four wolves lunged forward from the trees, and began devouring the two Maddie had killed outside. The other eight swarmed inside her house and began devouring the remains of their bretheren. The new flesh sated their hunger, but the virus needed uninfected meat to mutate the wolves further.

As Ras and Ally made their way towards the supermarket, a tall figure watched them from the shadows. This person wasn't only tall, but powerfully build as well. Readjusting the black leather gloves, they flexed their hands as if ready to strangle someone. But instead they straightened out their tie, and vanished into the forest.

“It's all about Power."
"We control the World."