Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Sanctuary [RP]

rp role playing Sanctuary rpg role play

• Please log in to reply
420 replies to this topic

Inumori

Inumori

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • Location....good question.....

[Monday. 9:27 A.M.] Milton Peters School.

Every parent in town who wasn't already hospitalized themselves was at the school to pick up their kids. The parking lot was well above capacity, and Joe had to park in the football field just to have a spot. The sight of folk walking about in shock or flat-out sobbing reminded Mr. River of a simple and terrible truth. Children were dying here.

The school was absolutely packed with panicked parents trying to retrieve their children. Some were crying, some were missing, others were seeing if they could out-yell the reality of the situation. Joe's previous adrenaline rush from all the excitement faded once inside. Some of these people had already lost a child or more, some knew it, others didn't. Some children sat waiting for parents that could never come for them. It was sobering, and shook River to his core. He prayed silently that he wasn't going to find Ty laying lifeless on a cot somewhere. She wasn't even his kid, and the reality of how much harder it must be hitting these actual parents was frightening. Joe didn't dare push past these people.

A line was formed outside the nurse's office. Some of the more under-control parents and teachers had set up a sort of queue. Joe got in line, and like the other people standing before him, hoped there was still a kid left to bring home when his turn came around.

Edited by Inumori, 06 February 2014 - 11:34 PM.

The Dog's Woods

Spoiler

An Adventure by Mischief

Yaomo

Yaomo

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,757 posts
  • Locationwathcing you from some place far away

Monday, 9:13 AM

Things went a little faster than Ty had started to fear. Suddenly the school nurse had noticed the girl and pulled her out of the queue trying to hit up a conversation. "...that onii-chan over there do not bite, you know? Not without a reason, at least."

Ty didn't remember what else the nurse said, she hadn't been paying attention. In this room, there was something she didn't like at all, someone she'd only noticed when the nurse dragged her inside. Rick. That hateful nuisance who'd always talk way too much about... things that didn't interest Ty in the slightest. And always at the expense of Mr. Rasmussen's privacy, peace, and quiet. Well, luckily Nurse K didn't seem to have realized, so Ty just nodded slightly as if to confirm K's misunderstanding.

"Well, anyway, let us start the check-up, shall we? Do you feel anything unusual today, Ty? Nausea? Sore throat?" The nurse continued, apparently convinced that the vicious looking senior was the reason for Ty's silence. "No," the girl muttered. "I'm fine. I just want to get out of here before i catch that cold too."

Monday, 9:34 AM

The checkup had confirmed that there was nothing wrong with Ty, at least for now. With no instructions for what to do after, she walked to the school entrance, still considering skipping, and noticed a long line of parents who'd come to pick up their kids. And among them was a hunter whom she knew very well. Uncle Joe, she whispered quietly to herself, much happier than anyone could read from her face. Without looking for someone to ask for permission, she started making her way towards the man, barely lifting a hand in a minute greeting as she saw he'd noticed her. Today might not be so bad after all.

あっ ちょっと死んじまった

The Illuminati

The Illuminati

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 679 posts
  • LocationSint Maarten, Kingdom of the Netherlands
| WEST SANCTUARY
| Monday, 6:05 AM

"Sona! Go call the hospital to see if they can get somebody down here." Sheriff Finucane ordered.

"Of course, sheriff!" she said, but Deputy Donald had no such plans.

The Abbot Medical Center had already been notified of the murder and body, and an ambulance was already on it's way to come and pick it up. More importantly, now that the CSI had gathered all of the evidence, they should have been downstairs getting debriefed. Instead, the sheriff was upstair shooting at people while... Donald didn't know who was worse, the pervert or her boss.

Heading downstairs, she quickly let everyone still there know that it was just the sheriff firing off a few rounds -- and that was all she needed to say about that. Everyone already knew how Sheriff Finucane was and until they found something solid to get her kicked off the force with, it was best to stay below her radar. In the meantime, Donald brought herself up to speed on everything the CSI officers had found. For example, they noted that none of the windows were broken or any of the doors forced in. This likely mean that Lori must have know the person, and let them in. The appointment book was a good place to start, then there were her neighbors and friends. Her ex was another person of interest.

'Well,' Deputy Donald thought to herself, 'time to go back upstairs and make it seem like the sheriff just had a great idea...'

| PHILIPSBURG
| Monday, 7:20 AM

Head nurse Corra excused herself once the paramedic had arrived. Tempted as she was to play matchmaker with the two young people, she felt herself quickly loosing consciousness and needed to seclude herself away from the rest of the students and staff before that happened. Once inside her personal bathroom, she noticed her nose beginning to bleed and a dry cough escaping her throat. Cleaning herself up as much as possible, she braced for another round of duty but vowed to let Rick and Kay handle the healthy patients from now on.

| Monday, 8:30 AM

"And where exactly do you think you're going, Boxer Boy?" a very feminine voice hissed angrily into Connor Blake's right ear.

Jumping out of his skin, he turned around to find his eighteen years old vice president glaring down at him. She was tall with a mixed complexion, and curly brown hair. Normally a high school beauty, but ever since Connor was elected, her face seemed permanently twisted in a frown. She took her school duties very seriously, whereas Connor preferred to run around with 80's styled underwear on his head.

Straightening up as she folded her arms under her chest, while Boxers batted at the warm breathe still tingling his ear, Debbie explained that they should head for the principal's office -- and not be sneaking around like a... She bit her tongue to stop herself from calling him names. She refused to engage in a battle of wits with someone who was clearly unarmed. Regardless...

"So if you're not too busy, Mr. President, how about we see if we can get school cancelled for the rest of the week?"

| Monday, 9:15 AM

"Umm, thanks... Can you tell me what the hell's going on now? Why the hell is everyone so sick?" Kev's answer was some mace to the face. He was lucky Nurse Corra's taser hadn't come in the mail yet. Otherwise she would have given the young delinquent a taste of that instead.

"Young man," she spoke over his anguished screaming, "how many times have I asked you to watch your language in my presence. Hmm? And then you dare make fists at one of my staff members?!"

Nurse Kay was quick to try and help the ruffian, while Rick tried to take Corra's mace away. She instead snatched it back and was ready to give him a taste as well when she felt that familiar trickle of blood coming. Glaring at the young man, she ordered the other students to behave themselves while she went back to her bathroom to clean up her appearance.

| CUL-DE-SAC
| Monday, 9:05 AM

While Lorena Catherine Villas was busy trying to escape a talking garbage bin (that only she could hear), in the park near the suburbs. From the shadows of the nearby woods, dark figures moved around -- waiting for her to come closer.

| Monday, 9:32 AM

The sun felt like magic on Lori's skin. It was warm and soothing... And the breeze! Oh, the breeze, it danced like... Air! Yes, like air danced but not wind. Breeze! Then there was something new. A flash, like lighting! Opening her red eyes, she found a boy looking at her.

"Ermm. D-Don't mind me..." he started saying when a convulsion hit her.

Lori tried to keep it in, honest she did, some part of her even recalling a drunken college night and throwing up all over herself, but it came out of her like a waterfall and nearly splashed over the young man's nice shoes. There was just so much of it. Chunks of food, teeth, even her tongue came loose and spewed past her gumbs. Before her eyes rolled to the back of her head, she hoped she'd taken a nice picture at least -- for her family.

As the bile turned to blood, it looked like a giant hand was literally forcing everything out of her body besides the bones. And when it was finally over, Lori crashed the pool of her own blood that was now covering the sidewalk.

| SOUTH END
| Monday, 10:20 AM

Store owner, Samuel Todd, couldn't be sure but it sounded to him as if Benedikt Rasmussen had dialed the fire department instead of the hospital. Even though Anne Mabley was already dead, Todd didn't want to have her body hanging around longer than absolutely necessary.

'Must 'ave dialed them out of habit,' Todd figured to himself. The rest of the call though, was just a bit over the top. People got sick all the time, especially in cold weather. 'Hell, according to the weather guy, it's gonna rain again later today.'

"Todd," a new male voice chimed overhead. "Can you please call the hospital?" Looks like someone else picked up on the firefighter's mistake as well, but sadly he turned out to be as equally paranoid about all the coughers as Ras was -- if not worse.

"This is not your ordinairy fever!" he continued, and before Todd could try and calm the man down -- a soldier by the looks of it -- he made eye contact with some woman Todd couldn't see, and continued talking to her.

"Quick, miss, help me get these people somewhere safe and confined. Whatever this is, we don't want it to spread. Who is the highest in rank here?" Todd knew he needed to nip this in the butt, before people started panicking. There were already a few who looked about ready to drop their purchases and run screaming for the parking lot. Standing up quickly, he shouted...

"ALRIGHT, THAT'S ENOUGH!! Everybody. Just calm down. Now!! A woman died. Happens all the damn time. No need to go blaming some nonsense flu!"

Taking off his store's sweater-uniform, the kind that had a store's name printed on the back so people knew who to ask for help, Todd bent down and covered Mrs. Anne's face and upperbody. He would have liked to move her as well, get her from infront of the store where people coming in could see her, but there was no time for that. He had to keep the people calm while he still had their attention.

"Now, listen, folks! This ain't nothing, but nothing. I mean come on, now. First we had that bird flu years ago, which was nothing. Then swine flu came along -- again, nothing. Now a damn-near two hundred year old woman dies," a few teenagers snicker at this, "and we all just happen to be sick at the same time, so it means the world's ending? Again?!"

"Look, folks, I'm a simple man with a simple job. But even I know that getting all worked up over something like this, is just silly. Now, ya'll folks, please, just go back and continue your shopping. There ain't nothing here to see, or worry about. Okay? Now, go now. Shoo!"

And with that, luckily, folks soon began to saunter back into the supermarket and continue their shopping. People these days were so skittish, every little thing it seemed could set them off. It was ridiculous.

Turning around, Todd only spared a glare at the soldier who'd thought it was a good idea to start rounding people up like they were cattle -- just to let him know how stupid he was, before moving to use the same phone Ras had used earlier. Looking up as he dialed, he spotted Madeline Escanaba by her signature red hair before a nurse answered the phone and distracted him.

"Hey Betsy... Yeah, Samuel Todd. Listen, Mrs. Anne just passed away...

Edited by Black Lilith, 12 February 2014 - 10:26 AM.

“It's all about Power."
"Grabbing it. Keeping it. Using It."
"Power is our currency, our DNA... Our God.”
"We control the World."
"We provide the blueprint. And we give the Instructions."

Unbelievably Majestic

Unbelievably Majestic

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • LocationRiding the back of the Great A'tuin.

Luca Remas

[9:32 am] Cul-De-Sac

Without warning the lady Luca had photographed made the face. The face that a bottle of champagne would make when it's cork was just about to go flying. And once that cork pops, things get messy. Luca had always thought that he was mentally prepared to watch someone throw up. He'd seen it before, he'd see it again. It wasn't that bad. At least, that's what he'd thought.

The pure distance that this lady achieved was already freaky enough. But the colour was the worst part. The colour was what really bothered him. So Luca did what he usually did when something surprised and scared him. He backed away quickly whilst taking a lot of photos. He didn't think about it. He never did. It was a reflex. A weird one for sure. A reflex that, quite possibly, was unique to Luca. But it usually helped him out. A few big flashes of light on the scary thing and he was gone. And then, later, when he had successfully pulled off his disappearing act, and was in a nice safe place. He'd be free to take a look at the pictures. He could get a look at whatever it was that had freaked him out. Nine times out of ten it was a bit of wind making something move, or a small animal making a weird noise. Though, occasionally, it would be an angry and dazed looking person, trying to squint through the camera flashes.

This time however, after fleeing to his home, he took a look at the photos and realized he had managed to capture a most gruesome slideshow. The kind of thing he wouldn't even see in his worst dreams. It was like she'd tried to turn herself inside out and these pictures captured every step of the valiant effort. He was horrified by them, yet transfixed.

"Luca?!" Came the voice of Grandma from upstairs. "Is that you? Why aren't you at school?!"

"Something, uhmm... Happened... Outside!" He shouted back.

There was some movement upstairs. He could hear Grandma moving to the front on the house. He heard the window locks being opened. The squeaky hinges. Grandma was very curious indeed to go so far as to look outside. A few moments later his Grandma shouted down to him again. "If that's what it looks like, then you should probably call the police!"

"O-Okay!" He replied. He hadn't thought of that. Why hadn't he thought of that? He went and grabbed the phone, took a calming deep breath and called the emergency number. "Hello? Uhh... Police? Okay. Good. Uh, right, okay. So... Something happened. You might want to come and have a look. It's... It's not good." He peered out the window, trying to keep an eye on the situation. "Ah, umm... No. I think it's too late for an ambulance. Almost definitely."

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • Locationin Oblivion, checking out the tapestry.
[10.25 AM] South End

As Ras heard the directions of the military guy, he felt that the guy was overreacting. Sure the signs did seem ominous but it was not wise to herd up everyone, a contagious disease would put even the unaffected at risk. This was hardly a sci-fi that quarantines can be affected. Sam mirrored his thoughts and was more vocal about it.

He instilled a calm in the excited crowd, effectively diverting their mind of the strange occurence and send them back to their shopping tasks.He got back on the phone at called the hospital.When he put down the reciever Ras spoke up.

"Sorry Sam, was just caught in the moment" he said shrugging, "too much movies" he said with a wry laugh. But, Ras couldn't shake the unease. He went to the handguns counter and picked up a few moon clips for the .45 ACP.

Then he caught glimpse of the red hair, it seems Maddie was out shopping too, so he decided to talk to her. Walking up to her, he saw her ready to draw. Something seemed to have ticked her off too.

"Hey Maddie" He waved at her "Wanna ride back home?" he asked, offering her to drop home.

"I have called 911, things would get sorted here soon. I think you also have got what you came here for" he said looking at her shopping basket filled with some ready to eat packs.

Edited by Diabolical Rhapsodii, 08 February 2014 - 04:32 AM.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

[Monday, 6:10 am] 

West Sanctuary

As Sona made her way back upstairs and Gorilla finished pleading for his life, Riyon glanced at Sona and took a deep breath. "I know, I know. It's time we cut the horse shit and get back to business. I also take it with that expression that, while I had to deal with this moron, they've found something, hmm?" As Riyon holstered her weapons and walked to the window, staring out of it..."Well, as I'm sure the CSI team probably told you, there was no signs of forced entry. Hell, aside from my little scene there was no damage whatsoever and when I charged in, only to find this ape, the door wasn't even locked. Easy access. And if there were no signs of forced entry than the obvious answer was that she knew the person, hmm? I'm sure that you were going to say something similar or along those lines. Yes?" 

As she lead Deputy Dreyar and Donald down the stairs, ignoring Dreyar, With a short pause, "Either way, I know we should've done this earlier but, we'll need to do a background check on the people she knew and was with anyway. Got distracted..." Speaking of earlier.....sammy... Thinking back on it, wasn't he coming from this direction? And those stains of his...hmmm I wonder... "Say Sona, being the gossipmonger that you are, you wouldn't happen to know whether our vic knew Sammy K in anyway, would ya? It's probably nothing but you can never be too sure..." 

tumblr_njivsvv03O1s9nzk7o3_500.gif

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

The Illuminati

The Illuminati

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 679 posts
  • LocationSint Maarten, Kingdom of the Netherlands
| WEST SANCTUARY
| Monday, 6:10 AM

With the notes in hand that she'd taken while speaking to the different officers, Deputy Donald jogged back up to the second floor to see if the sheriff was ready to hunt Sanctuary's first murderer in probably twenty-five years..! Or, if she wanted to get breakfast at a nearby dinner. Donald had her money on the breakfast.

"Sheriff, I just..."

"I know I know," Sheriff Finucane cut in. "It's time we cut the horse shit and get back to business." Donald made a slight face at the use of a cuss word, but didn't interrupt. "I also take it with that expression that, while I had to deal with this moron, they've found something, hmm?"

'Well, ma'am, not so much as find but what they didn't find.' the deputy thought to herself, but didn't say aloud sensing the start of the sheriff's monologue.

"Well, as I'm sure the CSI team probably told you, there was no signs of forced entry. Hell, aside from my little scene there was no damage whatsoever and when I charged in, only to find this ape, the door wasn't even locked. Easy access. And if there were no signs of forced entry than the obvious answer was that she knew the person, hmm? I'm sure that you were going to say something similar or along those lines. Yes?"

It was times like these that the deputy felt like there was something... Unnatural. About the new sheriff.

As they moved downstairs, the sheriff recited practically word-for-word everything that had just gone through the deputy's head -- minus the one thought she'd had about requesting skirts, instead of pants, as they left little to the imagination. Feeling a cold shiver run up her spine, Donald had to stop herself from screaming outloud. This was just too freaky! Could the sheriff read minds?! Just then, Sheriff Finucane said something that ruffled Donald's feathers and made her forget her apprehension.

"Say Sona, being the gossipmonger that you are..." It was like a cold slap to her hot face as they stepped outside the building.

"Ma'am, with all due respect..!" But before she could finish her sentence, the small house behind them exploded into bricks and fire.

| EAST QUARTER
| Monday, 9:00 AM

Sheriff Riyon Finucane could hear peeping, and voices. There was a light too, and something... Wet? It was touching her hand. Holding it, like a...

Tearing her eyes open despite the blinding light above her, Riyon found Gorilla holding her hand as he sobbed against it. He was still in his uniform, but covered in bandages. Ripping her right hand free of him, she looked down to see she was also still in uniform but covered in a few bandages as well.

"Sheriff! You're awake!!" the gorilla screamed as he tried to pounce on top of her.

Riyon found out later that the rest had died. A booby trap at the crime scene. Or it was triggered manually as the murderer -- the serial killer -- watched them move in and out of the building. Either way, as she forced her way out of the hospital with the gorilla close by her side, the sheriff knew where she had to go now.

Edited by Black Lilith, 12 February 2014 - 10:27 AM.

“It's all about Power."
"Grabbing it. Keeping it. Using It."
"Power is our currency, our DNA... Our God.”
"We control the World."
"We provide the blueprint. And we give the Instructions."

Crouching Bacon

Crouching Bacon

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 528 posts

Monday. 9:17 AM

"Jesus. People here are ten kinds of crazy. Rampant child assault, deadly flu, and widespread man-hating... what's next? Are they going to cut my dick off soon?"

He glanced at Nurse Corra's retreating figure as she dashed out the clinic once more, a wary frown forming on his lips. Nurse K took care of the student well enough, he stood by for backup, though a sense of uselessness made him hang back a bit. The children here were animals and it was clear who the beast-master was.

"Was that... blood? She's hemorrhaging? Shit, no. I'm just- I must be really tired to start imagining things like this..."

Looking around at the children who were in various states of consciousness, Rick couldn't help but feel a tad bit claustrophobic. The paramedic wondered whether it was too late to start handing out facial masks. He tapped K on the shoulder and passed her a note hastily written on a prescription sheet.

• K, did you see that? Nurse Corra looks pretty worn out. I don't think she's feeling very well... if you catch my drift.

Rick was relived to see that Nurse K looked fine, in more ways than one... for the time being.

Edited by Captain Sciutto, 09 February 2014 - 01:01 PM.

Posted Image "Don't make me ship you!"

Inumori

Inumori

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • Location....good question.....

[Monday. 9:34 A.M.] Milton Peters School.

It had only been a few minutes before Ty wandered out of the nurse's office, but the atmosphere made it feel like hours had gone by. The girl's subtle wave took a weight off of Joe's shoulders. The child he came to get was alive, and it looked like she wasn't sick either. Joe quickly stepped out of the line and over to the little Wise.

"You look okay. How do you feel?" Joe asked, reaching into his pocket for one of the masks he snagged back at the hospital. "Here, put this on. If you're not sick then we're keeping it that way. I'm taking you home. Just gotta head over to the principal's office and sign you out". Joe knelt down in front of Ty and put a hand on her forehead for a moment, just to check. "Y'know what? Screw it. I'll call it in later if I have to. Let's get you home". Joe slipped on a mask of his own before picking Ty up to carry her out. "No fussin' now you hear? I'm not losing you in this crowd. You can walk when we get outside".

The Dog's Woods

Spoiler

An Adventure by Mischief

Liar

Liar

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 472 posts

[BLARGH]

Edited by Liar, 10 February 2014 - 06:42 AM.

Faye

Faye

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • Location黄金の郷

| EMILY K. SCARLET
| School InfirmaryMonday, 9:17 AM

Things were getting from bad to worse. Nurse Corra was never a soft-spoken lady, but it seemed that accumulated stress had taken a toll on her. She was overreacting quite a bit against Kev's harsh tone towards Rick. She even readily sprayed the mace she carried around with her on Kev's face, and would do much worse things too, if not for Rick and K's interference. And that.. Was not the worst part.

It was just a split-second oddity, but it did not go unnoticed. The senior nurse suddenly stopped her attempt to teach the unruly child about mannerism the harsh way, and ordered the children to behave themselves. While it was the proper thing to do, the timing was a bit off. Neither Rick nor K had done anything that could have calmed her anger; why the sudden change of heart? That was the question that was answered by Rick's note.

• ---
  • K, did you see that? Nurse Corra looks pretty worn out. I don't think she's feeling very well... if you catch my drift.
  • ---

The message was clear and sound: Nurse Corra had most probably been infected by the disease. What does this imply? The disease was contagious, and is in no way a simple case of allergic reactions or food poisoning. The vector would most probably be air, in which case had warrantied that K and Rick, at the very least, had also contracted the disease, or.. Blood and saliva, both of which Nurse Corra was exposed much more than Rick and K, who were tasked to handle the less severely infected children.

Nevertheless, one thing was clear: the disease was spreading, and fast. Without proper information, there was nothing she could do. Her first instinct would be to order the still healthy looking children to leave the school ground as soon as possible, but she was not really sure if that were the right thing to do. If the disease was really airborne, telling the children to leave is the same as allowing the disease to spread into the village, and thus making it harder to contain and cure.

Frustrated and confused, K finally decided to not do anything. She would just pretend that the disease was just simple cold and treat the patients' symptoms as she usually would. Panic and paranoia were the last two things she needed, if she were to save these innocent children. And just in case, she wrote a reply to Rick.

---
Rick, I need you to do me a favor. First, sanitize yourself and put on necessary precautions against waterborne diseases. Then, I need you to take blood and mucus samples from the terminally ill patients and take a look at them in the biology lab. We have just received one electron microscope for research purposes the other day. It might not be enough, but we need as much information regarding the disease as possible.

As for the payment for your services.. Let's see.. If you do catch the disease because of my request, I promise to go out on a date with you one last time before you die. How about that? Thanks, I'm counting on you doctor.

P.S. Jokes aside, I will be really thankful if you could fulfill my wish. Sorry for being so selfish..
---

And after passing the notes onto Rick, K resumed her nurse duty and started distributing facial masks. Better late than never, isn't it?

Edited by fayrbrant, 11 February 2014 - 03:00 PM.

nevernown

nevernown

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 575 posts
  • Location-1x378DE022

Daniel Asher Ben-Joshua

[South End]

[10:20 AM]

"ALRIGHT, THAT'S ENOUGH!! Everybody. Just calm down. Now!! A woman died. Happens all the damn time. No need to go blaming some nonsense flu!"

It was probably Todd's shouting that brought Daniel back to reality. Todd was probably right, whatever it was, confining people might have worked in a warzone, but here in the peaceful town of Sanctuary, it would just make people panick.

"Now, listen, folks! This ain't nothing, but nothing. I mean come on, now. First we had that bird flu years ago, which was nothing. Then swine flu came along -- again, nothing. Now a damn-near two hundred year old woman dies, and we all just happen to be sick at the same time, so it means the world's ending? Again?!"

Daniel shot an annoyed look at the snickering teenagers. Someone's dead. That's not funny, however you look at it.

Okay, maybe it was also a relief from the shock they just had. No sense in correcting them now.

"Look, folks, I'm a simple man with a simple job. But even I know that getting all worked up over something like this, is just silly. Now, ya'll folks, please, just go back and continue your shopping. There ain't nothing here to see, or worry about. Okay? Now, go now. Shoo!"

"Sorry Sam, was just caught in the moment, too much movies".

Daniel looked at Ras, and instantly saw that he too, was not completely convinced. Force of habit, probably. When something bad happens, your soldier senses just cannot accept it as coincidence.

Then a sudden though struck him.

"Wait... Hold on." Daniel thought, "if you let people go like that... Whatever else Todd says might be true, but we might need people to give a statement later, maybe."

He was just about to tell Todd, when he saw him glare at him, and decided against the idea. Instead he adresseed the people around him in a calmer voice this time.

"Todd is right, people, but please remember one thing," Daniel said, "It would be kindly appreciated if you would drop by the sheriff later to give her some info. Please keep that in mind. Have a safe trip home you all."

Then Daniel looked down on the Mrs. Anne's body. Now covered under Todd's uniform. She was showing the first signs of death already. No longer did she look like the lively woman she once was, nor the sickly woman she was just a few minutes before. her Vivid green eyes looked glassy and broken, they stared into a bleak nothingness, no longer noticing the blue sky they were aimed at. He kneeled besides her, closed her eyes in a tender movement and offered a quick prayer.

"Shalom, Anne," He whispered, "May God have mercy on you soul."

He stood up, and paid attention to the world around him again, just in time to hear Ras confirm that he had called 911.

"Good," He thought to himself "Then I'll stay here to wait for the sherrif and whoever else will be getting here."

"I think I'll stay here until the Cops are here, Mister... What is your name? Well, anyway, you and the lady can leave if you want. I'll leave you my cellphone number, if you need it."

He popped a chewing gum into his mouth, and walked over to his Motorbike, where he put away the groceries he dropped earlier.

Edited by nevernown, 11 February 2014 - 07:56 AM.

Professional Titles, granted by forum-members: Hobbit, Wordsmith, Weirdo, Creep, Reachable Height, DJ, Bishie, Beautiful Poet, Professor, Dutchie-Boy, Writer, Pervy-Sage, Cookie, "Teia: Oh gosh", Geeky boy, Traitor, Stalker (more to be expected)

gkq0.png

Creativity
- Thoughts
- SoundCloud

I-Am-X

I-Am-X

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationThe Capital

[Monday, 6:12 am]

[West Sanctuary]

As they were stepping out of the building, Riyon turned to Sona, who had quite the sour look to her. Was it something I said?

"Ma'am, with all due respect..!" Sona started to say But before she could finish her sentence, the small house behind them exploded into bricks and fire as Riyon was blown forward, slamming onto the driveway as things turned black. What...in the.... Seconds later, Riyon was out cold.

[Monday, 9:00 am]

[East Quarter]

As Riyon regained consciousness, she could feel the unpleasent sensation of eyes oogling her as with the onslaught of non-stop chattering all around her that didn't help much as he head was already pounding like mad. Even more so was what had to be a light glaring down at her and something wet touching against her hand...holding.....rubbing?!

Despite the blinding light, summoned what strength she could and tore her eyes open, only to find a highly disturbing sight. That goddamn.... If it wasn't obvious enough, it was 'Gorilla', Vincent Dreyar, holding her hand as he sobbed away and was rubbing his face against it. "Get the hell off me you piece of shit!" she snarled as she broke her hand free and pushed him off. "Where in the hell are, we?" she followed as she looked down to see that she was still in her uniform but was covered in a few bandages.

"Sheriff! You're awake!!" the gorilla screamed excitedly as he tried to pounce on top of her, only to be punched back into the wall. "Dirty ape, your actions know no bounds, don't they...So Useless..." she said mumbled as she rubbed her head. "Now tell me what in the hell happened." Riyon demanded as Vincent, Puffed out and begin muttering to himself, "You grinch..." Annoyed "What'd you say?!" Waving his arms back and forth in a panic "Nothing...Nothing...!" As he calmed down he finally answered her question.

"We're at the hospital right now....You see..." Riyon, Alarmed... "....soon after we left the house...as Sona began to say something, The h-house exploded and well..." Feeling a huge surge of dread..."Nobody else survived...we're the only ones. You must've set off a booby trap or something as you left the house. Which is why I'm glad that you're....!" As gorilla tried to go in for a hug, he was met with Riyon's hand, stopping his face in a vice-like grip. "Why....You...!" As she was close to slamming his head into the gourney, she took a deep breath and stopped.  Calm down Riyon, now's not the time to play along with his shenangans...

Standing up, she back away from him as she placed her hands on her face. So Sona....everyone....is gone? But that moment....that moment...what was sona going to say? This was all to convienant...The killer must've been close by, to see us come in and out of the building... and As soon as I mentioned Sam...my...Gripping her fist tightly as the image of 'Sammy K' walking past them earliar, flashed through her mind..."That...bastard....!" With an awkward silence, "C-chief? What's wrong?" Vincent asked worriedly. Raising her hand, "Just shut up and follow me gorilla, we have our first suspect. And he won't get away with a simple warning this time." she said angerly as she pushed through the doctors and made her way out of the hospital with Gorilla in tow. 

"Let's go pay the 'Red Rabbit' a visit."

tumblr_njivsvv03O1s9nzk7o3_500.gif

The Epic Of X:

Spoiler

Führer Itulhu

Führer Itulhu

Potato

• Donator
  • 145 posts
  • LocationThe place supported by the fallen

[9:17]

"GWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA", Kevin never got an answer to his question, all he got was mace to the face. He then covered his eyes with his hands and almost started clawing at them, he couldn't see anything all he could hear is the head nurse's voice.

"how many times have I asked you to watch your language in my presence. Hmm? And then you dare make fists at one of my staff members?!" the hell was wrong with this woman, suddenly spraying Kev with mace for what? saying hell and restraining himself, if it wasn't for the pain Kevin would be surprised she noticed him making a fist as he tried to keep it down by his side.

"damn witch, why the HELL am i taking more damage than usual today, i feel like i have five cards in my damage zone" Kevin complained as he rolled on the floor, he was then treated by someone as it sounded like the head nurse left.

"whats her problem....arg i don't care anymore i need water or something" Kev said as he laid on the floor with clutching his hands over his face again. "today is not my day, why did i even bother coming" Kevin sat up and leaned against the wall, there apparently was people standing there but they moved aside...probably for the same reason as always but Kev just didn't care anymore. "still what the hell is going on around here? everyone in school is sick and the nurse was more violent than usual....arg the pain is to much to even bother thinking"

DLHUZic.jpg?1

I encountered you.....

This world has chosen the reality and future that shouldn't have been chosen

That's Why I'm here

Rainblergh

Rainblergh

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 447 posts
  • Locationat every wrong turn to take

~Monday 09:32 AM~

"Well that was awkward" said Lux to nobody in particular while heading up the stairs to the principal's office to check if her father was alright. Right as she was about to knock on the door she heard the principal speaking with someone. Playing spy and eavesdropping on other people's conversations wasn't her thing. Usually she would pretend nothing happened and mind her own businesses, but it was almost as if the conversation begged to be eavesdropped. ARgh fine! Her head slowly distending to the key hole where she gained vision on a mysterious figure. Hmm that's certainly not the old hag but wha-!

"Oh do shut up Charles! We all know we can't do shit when everything's like this, first those now this...Damn it all..For now I'll just-"

Charles? Wait dad?! What's he doing talking to her!? Dammit someone's coming..

"LUX!" a brown haired boy called out, followed by an annoyed vice president that was trying restrain herself from punching him.

"Connor why are you still here? You should head home, otherwise someone might ruin your clothes with all their blood squirting.

Debbie was ready to respond but the principal's door opened wide, with a certain Charles exiting. He completely ignored Lux and rushed out to the parking lot driving off somewhere. Wow that's the douchiest thing he's done to me in my whole lifetime..I guess there's a first time for everything.. 

"OH THANKS FOR CARING THAT I'M NOT DYING OR ANYTHING!

Edited by RainbowDepression, 17 February 2014 - 03:05 PM.

stripper_bunny.gif

Yaomo

Yaomo

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,757 posts
  • Locationwathcing you from some place far away

Monday, 9:36 AM

Her wave had just a little too much effect, but Ty only noticed when it was too late and Uncle Joe stepped out of the line and walked over to her before she could do anything to stop him. "You look okay. How do you feel?", he asked, totally disregarding all the onlookers who were very obviously upset and envious that Uncle Joe had found "his" child, while they still had to wait in uncertainty. And without even waiting for the girl to answer, he took out some mask that he put on her while continuing to talk and draw attention. "Here, put this on. If you're not sick then we're keeping it that way. I'm taking you home. Just gotta head over to the principal's office and sign you out."

"Okay, but..." Ty started, only to be interrupted by her caretaker. "Y'know what? Screw it. I'll call it in later if I have to. Let's get you home." The man put on a mask of his own, and picked up Ty to carry her. She tried to get loose from his grip, but to no avail. "No fussin' now you hear? I'm not losing you in this crowd. You can walk when we get outside." A command that couldn't be denied, as excruciating as it was. Why couldn't adult have some more common sense, she was nearly 13 for goodness' sake, she could walk on her own!

Finally outside the school and down on the ground again, Ty finally found a moment to try stating some objections. "I'm really glad that you came to pick me up, but... do I really have to go home? There's no way Auntie Jess would be there even though she said she has the late shift today, she always gets called in if something like this happens." She nearly muttered that last sentence, hoping that she wouldn't have to go home. It was a scary thought after all, that she might have caught this disease, and what if she suddenly got sick when nobody was around?

あっ ちょっと死んじまった

Officer Judy Hopps

Officer Judy Hopps

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationWonderland!

Strange Supermarket

1021 hrs.

Maddie certainly felt that keeping her distance was wise. Yet a chaplain from the base stepped forward and started ordering people around, treating them like herd animals. She lofted a brow and remained where she was, even as he tried to tell her what to do. Out here in this place, off the base, he held little to no authority; and his actions would likely be met with reprimand later. With her thumb upon the snap fastener of her holster, she remained exactly where she was until she heard a familiar voice behind her.

Turning rather quickly, the Alien soon found it to be her neighbor, Ras. Who looked equally concerned about the situation. Offering her a ride home in a quick utterance, her hand dropped from her holster and returned to casually hanging by her side. Oddly, she had felt a little wary of her surroundings all night, and she couldn't honestly understand why. Hefting her groceries further upon her forearm, Madeline finally spoke to him.

"A ride would be much appreciated. I'd normally just walk these home, but today's groceries are a bit hefty since I'm preparing for the next baking contest, y'know?" She cracked a humorous grin that held a touch of humility. After all, it meant that she would soon be seeking his help in such a venture. Assuming he was waiting on her, the incognito Military Cop proceeded towards the check-out counter after the Store Owner had thankfully calmed the restless situation down. 

With a chime and extension of cashier's drawer, her food was paid for.

Following such a motion with a wave to bring Ras forward, she proceeded to stride right on out of the Grocery Store, walking out into the sun and the blackened asphalt of the parking lot. For all the time she had known Ras, she didn't know what his vehicle looked like. So, with a casual glance over her shoulder, she looked up at the much larger man and quipped a mild smirk. "So! Where did you park?"

tumblr_o3sndbSAhX1qctrupo2_500.gif

Me, according to a Hero:

Spoiler

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • Locationin Oblivion, checking out the tapestry.

[10.23 AM]

Maddie readily agreed on his offer as she adjusted the groceries on her forearm. Trying to lighten the situation with a distraction, well baking is hardly a distraction as far as Ally is concerned but still compared to dead woman it will be so.

They proceeded to check out their purchase as they lined up at the cash window. Ras placed his purchase and asked Sam for packing them in a box. Same for Maddie, if they were to ride the bags won’t be a good idea. It took the practiced hands of Sam just a few minutes to pack the contents of both. Carrying both boxes under his arms, Ras walked behind Maddie who turned with a cheery grin and asked him about his ride. Through their many interactions it stuck him that he had never shown her his ride. Well not that it was of any consequence, he didn’t even remotely held a hope of being with her so such peacocking won’t have mattered. Plus, the people that got too close to him usually end up dead so he was thankful that it remained a platonic friendship at best.

He motioned with his head for her to look up ahead. “See that bike in wine red?” he said in a low heavy tone. “That is my day to day ride.” They walked up to the ‘61 Fat Boy and he fastened the boxes on the tray behind it. Sitting on the bike he asked Maddie who seemed a wee bit impressed, well according to him, to hop on! After firing up the twin V, they were off for the ‘burbs.

[10.31 AM]

They rode past the collapsed form of a girl, lying in a pool of her blood and guts. It was a horrific site, at least for a person not accustomed to death. Seeing the scene a chill ran back his spine. Painful reminders from a long forgotten part of him resurfaced. It was perplexing and worrying him at the same time. He had seen a similar scene in another time of a full village succumbing to the horrors of the biological weapon his employers had attained through European black-market.

He didn’t say a word though, not even a sigh or gasp. He continued with a relaxed ride he was doing earlier, although he thought Maddie would have been pretty taken aback, but what goes in that base, he thought even she may not be that surprised.

[10.35 AM]

He parked in the driveway as she got off first. Quickly standing from his ride, he unfastened the contents and handed her her box. Managing only a weak smile, trying to forget over the scene they had just seen. He said to her politely “Don’t hesitate to call me if you need something!” pausing for a bit “and stay safe!” finishing what he had to say. It was not fear but pain reflecting in his eyes but he wished his shades hid that fact.

“See you this weekend then.” With that he placed the box under his arms and made way for the door. He was pained by the lack of proper decency but Ally was on his mind at the moment.

Getting in the house he left the pack at the couch.

“Ally!” he shouted. No response.

“Ally!” this time louder but still meted bit ominous silence.

“ALLY!!!!” this time letting loose a roar.

“What!” came back a voice. “Can’t I get changed, what’s with you Dicky?” Ally came in to the room, a towel still wrapping her golden white hair.

“Thank the lord.” he said in a low voice, letting a sigh leave him for the first time.

“Get ready! pack or a week or more. You are leaving with me.” he said without a break.

“Wait! Wait!, What happened? What has gotten in to you all of a sudden” she asked exasperated.

“Nothing! Just get ready, I hope you don't mind being at the station.” he said uncharacteristically, she hasn’t seen him so riled in their years living together.

“I am not going anywhere! Unless you tell me what’s clawing at you. And I'll never be in that brick house!!” she said in a firmer and louder tone, a slight frown forming on her face. Ras, who by now was ready to go up the attic stopped and looked at her. His expression pained and eyes almost apologetic.

“Just trust me once, I’ll tell you in the car. Just get ready. I beg you.” With this he was gone. Climbing the stairs like a man on a mission. Once in his room he opened his cabinet where he kept his finest fishtails and took out a box. Made of oakwood and plain looking, he opened to look at its contents. A Grizzly Win Mag, with a peculiar looking symbol on the handle. The twin snakes coiling around a ball which uas vaguely shaped like the world. A relic of his dark past and his affiliations. He blew air in the barrel as he took it out of its velvet grave and checked it for working. His hands working with surety of a veteran, convinced of its pristine condition he took out the magazine. Initial checks complete he made his way downwards. His plea had convinced Ally of the gravity of the situation as she was busy in her room. He went into the garage to check on the car, he wanted everything to be spick.

[11.00 AM]

All the checks were complete and the tank was full. He went inside to get Ally. Once seated, they were set on their way to the fire department, Ally was behind the wheel. Driving into the street, the massive engine ensured they ate up the miles, as Ras described the events he had been witness to. The deaths and their weirdness, the fact that Ally had felt an unease in the morning and his usual concern for her. All the while cleaning the Wesson 625 that had been inside the dashboard, Ally occasionally stared at him wide-eyed, Ras was an enigma. Ever since he had moved in with her four years ago she hadn't been able to know more than his name and his country of origin. Whenever she brought the past up, he would either shy away and change things to Billy or grow awfully silent and stony. She had seen the pain behind those grey eyes and had empathised and not pushed things. But, here he was, a fire man by profession yet his hands had the surety of a veteran while he serviced the gun as if he had been doing it all his life. He looked back at her face and managed a weak smile, in his preparation he had overlooked the fact that Ally knew him as a mere fireman, that his past was opaque to her hidden behind a smokescreen. He spoke in a calmer tone, trying to change the topic.

“I'm sorry!” he started.

“For forcing you to go back there.......and for hiding my past.” he paused for a moment as Ally stared at him.

“I will accept your punishment after this all passes. What matters now is that you are in front of my eyes and within the reach where I can protect you.” he finished, Ally’s mouth was agape by what she had just heard. She had thought of him as a brave Fireman with a painful past, perhaps a few deaths that had changed him but the way he handled guns and the way he said stuff made her think that the things were of far more sinister kinds. She shuddered at that thought but said nothing.

They drove in stunned silence, onward to the fire station.

Edited by Diabolical Rhapsodii, 16 February 2014 - 03:22 PM.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

Officer Judy Hopps

Officer Judy Hopps

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationWonderland!

A Motorcycle Ride

1030 hrs

In all honesty, Maddie was incredibly confused at first. Just what kind of four wheeled vehicle that humans owned required for her groceries to be put into boxes instead of bags? Looking back at Ras with a rather curious glance as he hefted up her groceries, her inquisitiveness was met with a strange response. With a gruff jut of his thumb, he pointed to a rather large two wheeled, vibrantly red construct.

A motorcycle, that's what they were called.

She could recall seeing similar vehicles making their way down the human roadways, each of them louder than the last. Often in packs and the like. To the Alien, they seemed rather hazardous. With how fragile humans seemed to be, didn't needlessly exposing oneself to the risk of coming to a painful end becoming a smear upon the asphalt seem far too great a cost than the fun it seemed to be? 

More thought into this would be put later, she considered while he stowed up her baking goods and other foods into a saddle bag upon the side. Deftly taking the helmet and sliding it upon her hair, the Alien awkwardly mounted the structure and quietly waited. Following his instruction carefully, she slid into her seat behind him, straddling it uneasily at first before she found her balance. Wrapping her arms tightly around his stomach then, there would be a brief moment of tension as she tightened her grip nervously once the engine roared to life.

Before she knew it, they were whisked off into the wind.

It was oddly more comfortable than she thought it would be, yet that was not what she noticed first. The first cognitive realization that Maddie held while her vibrant red hair took to the wind was simply one thing: it was the glorious freedom of it all. The cool, crisp breeze of the morning on her cheek, the blur of the suburbs as they simply cruised on by. Through the glimmer of the sunlight through the emerald leaves upon trees, if Ras had eyes in the back of his skull, he would've seen an almost childish smile upon the Alien's lips as it all seemed like so much fun. 

Passing a body, the Alien seemed oddly far too nonchalant about it. After all, having been a member of the Military for a few years, she had been to places that weren't friendly to her hopefully temporary countrymen. And with this unfriendliness came that of bombs and guns...bitterly, she had grown accustomed to bodies. So the thought of it didn't make her squeamish, but the idea behind it was. This, according to all that she had read, was a pleasant, small, quaint town. 

Murderers running rampant certainly wasn't in the description.

Sadly, as all good things must, her first motorcycle ride came to an end as he pulled into her driveway. Easily swinging one leg over the back, the Alien gracefully landed upon her heels and took the boxes from the Saddlebags as she cracked an amused grin to Ras.

“Don’t hesitate to call me if you need something!” he spoke rather loudly at first, and the uttered his concerns to safety. Stubbornly, Maddie put her hands to her hips in a teasing jaunt to the side. "I'm a big girl Ras, I can handle myself you know!" Waving her hand then in an attempt to dismiss his worries, she continued.

"Well! That was fun for a first time." She whimsically stated, striding along the bike as she began to head indoors. Over the deafening roar, she yelled so that he could hear her clearly. "You'll have to take me for a ride some time! It was fun!" Watching as he left and rumbled away into the horizon, the Alien finally spun on heel and walked into the privacy of her home. 

With a rustling chime of keys, the door came unlocked and was then swung closed with the bolt snapping deftly into place. Groceries and baking goods found their appropriate homes, and clothing collapsed to the floor in short order. The best part of this day, the absolute joy of the hour was finally allowing the disguise to fade. In a faint flicker, pale skin became a vibrant, luscious orange, red hair became black, and luminous irises of green filled the cavity of her gaze entirely. 

An Alien was among them all in Sanctuary.

And they never knew. If luck were on her side, they would never know.

Edited by Trouble, 14 February 2014 - 12:12 AM.

tumblr_o3sndbSAhX1qctrupo2_500.gif

Me, according to a Hero:

Spoiler

Maia

Maia

The Resident Neko

• RP Section Mod
  • 2,441 posts
  • LocationLost in the Echo

-South End

[1015hrs]

The trip to Sanctuary had been a hellishly long one, but Ashelyn Carter couldn't really complain. She had enjoyed it; the freedom of riding her purple and black Kawasaki Ninja across several states without anyone to bother her. After being reinstated with her full ranks, she had been informed that she was being shipped here to Sanctuary so that she could have a fresh start. It was a good idea and she was thankful for it. The General had said she could either take that route or she would be transported via C130, but she had opted for a road trip, to which the General had agreed. That might actually do you a bit of good, Carter. It'll give you a lot of time to clear your head a bit. He hadn't been lying when he said it would be good for her, but not in the way he had been thinking. The solitude had been more of a help than anything, yes, but it hadn't really cleared her head much. Not that it really mattered. 

She had arrived at the hotel at somewhere around 0500 hours, got the room, took a quick shower and layed down for a much needed rest only to find herself staring at the ceiling a couple of hours later. Well, at least she had gotten a nap. With a sigh she had tossed the covers away, got up, changed into her partial uniform -her BDUs, combat boots, and standard green tee- tossed on her leather jacket, of course making sure her handgun was tucked into the back waistline of her BDUs, and strode out of the hotel room.

[1025 Hours]

Now, here she was, sitting on her motorcycle outside of the supermarket at 1020 hours, hungry as hell and watching with mild interest as firefighters ran about, one of her hair chopsticks tapping rapidly on the Ninja. Taptaptaptap. What was going on inside that had the fire department there? Taptaptaptap. She tucked a few strands of her platinum blond hair that had slipped away from the remaing chopstick pinning it in place behind her ear as she listened to people talking in panicked voices. Dead body, hm? Well, that figures. Taptaptaptap. 

She waited long enough for the place to clear, watching from behind her dark sunglasses, as people began making their way out of the store. Several of them were coughing, their eyes red... and was that a member of the military that just hopped onto a motorcycle? Taptaptaptap.  She shoved the chopstick back into her hair, popped one of the earbuds back into her ear, jacked up the volume on her mp3 player and slid off the Ninja. She was way too hungry to care, though she was rather curious as to why it seemed like every person who was walking out of the store seemed to be sick. Some kind of bug going around?

Pushing the thought from her mind, at least for the moment, Ashe sauntered inside to grab some breakfast. She could still see things going on towards the back of the store but she figured the locals would pretty much have whatever the situation was handled. It only took a few minutes for her to find something simple and she stood at the counter, music still blaring in one ear, waiting to pay for the items. One of the firefighters started to pass her by, but she pushed away from the counter a bit, waving him over. The man looked her over for a brief moment before as she spoke to him.

"What happened here?" She asked in a smooth tone, lifting her chin in the general direction of what ever had happened. 

Edited by Maia, 15 February 2014 - 11:20 AM.

cei7ea6l_zpsde6a65e1.png

Need staff help? You can go to Staff Support.
Need site help? You can go to Batoto Support.
You can use the Report button if you find anything that is in violation of the Site Rules.
If all else fails you can feel free to send me a PM.