Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

stealing characters from league of legends...

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Dr Flesh

Dr Flesh

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

srsly?

wtf is wrong with the author

pepigo

pepigo

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationSANTA FE

wich when what

pepigo

pepigo

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationSANTA FE

now i get it, i'm seeing a mini giant draven right now, and there was a ziggs with exploding nuts some chapters before.

but the "inspiration" its also coming from beast of the x-men  with that south leader (even kept that intellectual look), and i remember a hulk in that building when the poltergeist fist appeared.

what can i say, it's already very hard to draw all those buildings, and i have to say that this is a very "crowded" manga, too many characters all the time, let the author make some quotes from the human world legacy.

Thanos

Thanos

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 881 posts

I would still like to know which characters you believe are inspired by the League of Legends? Preferably in a way that is completely clear (so X = Y because), thanks! =)

rvbomega

rvbomega

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
I thought I should note that Area D was first published in March 2012. League started in '09. However, the characters that people falsely assume are stolen came out either just before release or after the release. Example being people claiming Kaito is supposed to be Varus, but Varus was not released until May of 2012. Just thought I would note that for those who still foolishly believe league is the origin of many ideas everywhere. This isn't the first post I've seen claiming unoriginal ideas out of a fanaticism of something.

Edited by rvbomega, 19 February 2015 - 10:01 PM.

Tadao

Tadao

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • LocationWhere blue doves fly

I would call it being inspired-by, rather than stealing.. Stealing would be changing Nothing at all, or nothing but the name, make a slight edit to said name, and then claiming he came up with those characters without any form of inspiration to the source material...

And despite being a fairly avid player of League, I did not really put the dots together to the references, myself... I was thinking more of Marvel than of Riot, plus the fact that with the internet and years of creativity spreading to most people, it is Extremely hard to make something completely original, something no one ever thought of before, and Then still make it work out, as well... Coincidences are bound to happen, let alone references/possible tributes..

Everyone has their reasons, even if their reasons disagree with general taste.

If a mistake is made, please stay calm and explain your reasoning, point it out and try to help someone improve themselves rather than ignoring it/fleeing from it.

Don't get upset, get curious.

naeon

naeon

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts

and league "stole" characters from mythologies, pop culture, etc.

Edited by naeon, 19 October 2015 - 09:28 AM.

Tadao

Tadao

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 31 posts

And paid tribute to what the team originally made, dota All Stars. And Dota 'stole' from Warcraft. Warcraft 'Stole' inspiration, yada yada, endless circle

If a mistake is made, please stay calm and explain your reasoning, point it out and try to help someone improve themselves rather than ignoring it/fleeing from it.

True Goddess Reincarnation

True Goddess Reincarnation

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • LocationTexas

and league "stole" characters from mythologies, pop culture, etc.

They literally have a Miku rip off character but with tits.

Tadao

Tadao

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 31 posts

They literally have a Miku rip off character but with tits.

Not gonna mention WuKong whoms name is not even really changed?