Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

So Who is Your Least Favorite Character?

#kubera #characters

• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

Aoi_Cho

Aoi_Cho

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • LocationOn top of a Mountain in the Wild West, exact location: No Where

Would be interesting to add a poll. You should do it!

I vote for Yes

Poll: *votes for yes*

Okay, I feel like I got enough positive feedback about the poll that I will make one up and add it to the thread. Please give me a couple of days to compile a list of names.  Please free to PM with names for the list if you would like to help. ~ I am looking at you Mizura  for one example,  *wink. Seriously, I would welcome help from anyone who was inclined. Thanks a bunch to everyone for your feedback.

Edited by Aoi_Cho, 30 January 2014 - 04:59 AM.

~ A.C.

I am looking for an avatar; & Aoi-Cho supposedly means -according to Google Translation- blue butterfly, so if you see a cool blue butterfly image please send it over to me.  With many Thanks.

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
What do you mean, PM? Here's a list of characters (I'm dividing them up into groups for my own convenience):

Main characters:
Leez Haias
Asha Rahiro
Yuta
Ran Sairofe
Brilith Ruin
Agni
God Kubera
Gandharva
Maruna
Sagara

Ananta clan:
Ananta
Vasuki
Manasvin
Riagara
Pingara
Cloche
Clophe

Asura clan:
Asura
Ravana (not in the webtoon)
Hura

Gandharva clan:
Shakuntala
Makara
Urvasi
Menaka

Garuda clan:
Garuda
Vinata
Kalavinka

Yaksha clan:
Yaksha
Shuri
Hanuman

Taraka clan:
Taraka

Kinnara clan:
Kinnara
Airavata
Shess
Leny (putting her here for easy grouping)

Vritra clan:
Vritra
Taksaka
Utpala (not in the webtoon)

Primeval Gods:
Visnu
Brahma
Shiva
Brahma

Other Gods:
Indra
Yama
Vayu
Varuna
Chandra
Surya
Asvins
Marut

Humans (Leez' family and village):
Rao Leez
Anna Haias
Kaz Lehn
Haas Lehn
Peil Sairofe
Roen Renod

Humans (currently in Atera, or in the past):
Jibril Ajes
Praul Ajes
Lorraine Rartia
Airi Yui
Eiraheeari Catroshife ('Ari')
Ruche Seiran
Ernst Seiran
Kasak Rajof
Agwen Rajof

Humans (in Mistyshore)
Rana Reimia
Huan Sairofe
Eline Haias

Humans (from Rindhallow)
Claude Yui
Laila Hemawati

Humans (from Kalibloom)
Teo Rakan
Elwin Rakan
Siera Sies
Zard Blaine
Clari Utas
Parr Hael
Ruche Seiran

Humans (from Eloth)
Lutz Sairofe
Saha On

Others:
Half hunters
Whoever it is that's controlling Leez
Asha's mother
The #1 AA magician
... just stuff them under "Others" and let others post which one they hate most...

--
The polls only allow you a limited number of choices, so you'll have to filter that a bit. Or you could make two polls:
- Least favorite major characters (Teo, Kasak, Riagara, Shess, Shakuntala, Kalavinka, Visnu, Kali, Taraka etc. could be considered major-ish characters from their presence in the story so far or roles in the overall story)
- Least favorite minor characters (everyone else)

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,
Official English Webtoons: https://www.webtoons.com

Aoi_Cho

Aoi_Cho

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • LocationOn top of a Mountain in the Wild West, exact location: No Where

The polls only allow you a limited number of choices, so you'll have to filter that a bit. Or you could make two polls:
- Least favorite major characters (Teo, Kasak, Riagara, Shess, Shakuntala, Kalavinka, Visnu, Kali, Taraka etc. could be considered major-ish characters from their presence in the story so far or roles in the overall story)
- Least favorite minor characters (everyone else
)

OMG, Mizura is the Queen of Kubera. With that know said, I think I will take Mizura advice and try to "filter" the list a little or make 2 polls. My original thought was to do a poll of main and mainish characters of the story for the poll and then have the last choice as "Other".  However, if the group would like 2 polls we can do that as well. Please let me know. Also, Please let Mizura know what an amazing job she did with coming up with a list.

Edited by Aoi_Cho, 30 January 2014 - 08:44 PM.

~ A.C.

I am looking for an avatar; & Aoi-Cho supposedly means -according to Google Translation- blue butterfly, so if you see a cool blue butterfly image please send it over to me.  With many Thanks.

TERO

TERO

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 42 posts

You could also just base the least favorite character poll off of the "who is your favorite character" poll in another thread (although I recommend you make some modifications/filter some of the other poll's choices if you do that).

I actually suspect that her relationship with Asha could be much more interesting than her relationship with Agni. [...]

It's interesting that what kept Brilith attached to life was not the city, not Agni, but her wish to help Asha. I hope to see the two interact again in the future, in a more interesting context.

^ This.

I wonder how and when this might happen though, since both Brilith and Asha don't seem to have much time left to live >_>

Edited by TERO, 31 January 2014 - 10:58 AM.

Jirachier

Jirachier

Potato

• Members
  • 186 posts

This might sound crazy but my least favourite character is the protagonist Leez.

I always prefer talented/strong/smart characters because to be honest there are just too many stories with ordinary ones trying to beat all the odds that are stacked against them(which in reality is a lie, for example in this series we have leez who might one day really become strong but she's only going to be strong enough to probably smack a few superior suras around, and the author went to such length to remove all the possible enemies that would've obliterated her and the planet she's in by confining all Nastikas to their realm and even the ones who come to the human realm are unable to use sura form and their human form is weakened, and since that would've still made Gandharva strong enough to troll her since even in a weakened state he's strong, he got weakened even further because he previously created an ocean and hasn't recovered yet), I wish the story focused more on Asha than her, or Yuta especially.

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
^ Actually, I'm Pretty sure Leez will be heading to the Sura realm sooner or later. You see a dark red sky in some of the insights.

Also, Leez is much smarter and observant than she seems. She's just ignorant because she lacks education, but she remembers everything and is slowly connecting things up, the author just doesn't show us. She knows pretty well that Asha is lying to her, for example.

I think of Season 1 as her being in her larval phase, and Season 2 as her being in the nymph phase. Looking forward to her growth.

By the way, I suspect Leez has a transformed form (not Sura form, but something). That makes me giddy. *__*

Edited by Mizura, 01 February 2014 - 02:07 AM.

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,

Sogno-

Sogno-

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 469 posts

What do you mean, PM? Here's a list of characters (I'm dividing them up into groups for my own convenience):

... this is why i get so annoyed at this webtoon. So many freakin' characters, there's no way i can remember them all even if i reread it 20 times. much less care about them...

my least favorite is sagara. it can't even contain one gender XD  but beyond that, it just seems to create chaos and want to hurt everything, is arrogant, haughty, cruel... no matter its past i can't stand a character like that. others had tragic pasts but they don't act like that  -_- idk why having a bad past is always an excuse for bad behavior T_T

lol roll lol

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts

lol, I just recommend stuffing the minor characters under Others / humans, Others / Sura and Others /Gods. Makes life easier for everyone. xD

If you want a quick chart of characters, I have a bunch here, but some need updating:

http://white-heron.deviantart.com/art/Kubera-relationships-chart-279722455

http://white-heron.deviantart.com/art/Kubera-Human-World-Chart-344328593

http://white-heron.deviantart.com/art/Kubera-Sura-World-Chart-344328429

http://white-heron.deviantart.com/art/Kubera-Gods-Chart-344328192

The thing about Sagara is that she's completely open about being a bitch. xD The Gods, Gandharva, probably the Garuda clan and others spouting ideals end up committing the same atrocities as she does, except they try to cover it up with ideals as justification. Rather than find excuses to justify herself, she'd rather be straightforward about being a selfish bitch who'd do anything to get what she wants. xD

Given how atrocious the Kubera world history is, her philosophy is not entirely devoid of sense. >_>

Edited by Mizura, 04 February 2014 - 03:46 PM.

3492bk6.jpg

makfresh22

makfresh22

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

I'd say Leez…..I don't especially dislike her character but the fact that her existence could mean the death of my fav character makes me like her least…my fav character is Maruna by the way :P

Popcrazy

Popcrazy

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 312 posts
  • LocationHint: there's lots of people

Agni,. <_< ..Crazy right? i guess i dont like how he acts like an idiot and pretends to be the oblivious type on purpose , then suddenly gets really cocky all of a sudden and tells sagara to just start running for her life, OR like how he explains to gardharva that he knew about his secret plan to find the power of the name. :mellow:  I guess this makes him look kind of "Dishonest". Yuta is kind of like that too, except he pretends to be innocent instead.. -_-  (like a wolf hiding in sheep clothing) This is just from my perspective.. it gets pretty confusing trying to figure out myself what exactly i don't like about these characters. :wacko:

these are just some small things, ..there are other small things i like about them too! ;)

Just you know,.. So i don't get shot by any of the Agni/Yuta possi's out there!

battradio

battradio

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 957 posts
  • LocationNear ST. Louis MO USA

It is White Gom , it is terrible when Curry Gom gets frazzled .

kuni

kuni

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationPlanet Carte

I just went on a 3 day reading binge to read all of Kubera for the first time xD It's such a fun story. I like how instead of being black and white there's shades of gray. I think Sagara is a bitch... but a well rounded character with understandable reasoning at least, she has motives and a personality.

1. Brilith I think is too one dimensional. She's kind of boring and not that fun to read about. (I guess I don't see what Agni sees in her besides looks and devotion o~o)
  2. Riagara's never questioning devotion of Sagara is blah
  3. I think there's a lot more that could be done with Yuta's character, but he's not really my 'least favorite', it just feels like wasted potential in my eyes I guess...

It seems like a lot of people hate Claude Yui, but I think really interesting. Second best magician in the world and the priest of (already a rare triple attribute)Death? There's a lot that could be done with that.

I honestly don't even hate any of the characters. I hope that as even more are introduced they're all as multi-dimensional as our current ones :D

seileene

seileene

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 26 posts

. . . Interesting thread. I love how you all can discuss this stuff and stay completely civil. =)

Anyways, Agwen's pretty near the bottom of my list. I don't exactly depise her. Her relationship with her father irritates me all around, but I find Agwen's half of it nothing short of abhorent. You'd be hard pressed to find a man more disagreeable than Kasak, but it's like Agwen spits in his face at every effort he makes at fixing things. She treats him like he might possibly be able to make it up his wrongs through indebted servantry and demands that he do so. The real cincher, though, is that she gives nothing back.

I don't hate Agwen though, and I find her impulsive hat-buying with Shess very endearing.

And I get the impression we're not actually supposed to like Riche and Ruche. Heh.

Overall, it's a neat cast and I have a very difficult time picking both least and top favorites. The majority of them are very likeable, but also come with their own little set of rather pff-putting flaws as well.

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts

^ We're civil because there isn't that much to hate about the characters, really. Well, there is some, but not enough to get at each other's throats. xD

Actually, about Agwen:

- She forgave her father for killing her mother, lover and best friend (the part that really did get to her is her conversation afterwards about his emotions).

- She keeps him around even though she's traumatized about him (even if it weren't the other person's fault, I don't think I could stand to stay around him after he killed off all the other people I loved).

- She's actually an activist for Half rights.

Yes, her attitude around her father could be much better, but it's clear that she loves him deeply. I think some part of her was traumatized because he told her that without the earrings, he'd just dump her and leave. Because of that, Agwen believes that her father doesn't actually love her or her mother, that everything about him is fake, and she resents that on some level. I don't completely understand the attitude she took up to cope with it, but I do guess it's a coping mechanism. ^^

3492bk6.jpg

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

It seems like a lot of people hate Claude Yui, but I think really interesting. Second best magician in the world and the priest of (already a rare triple attribute)Death? There's a lot that could be done with that.

Though I listed him as one of my least favorite characters, I do agree with your assessment. His is the character with probably the most untapped potential in the story.

Whether the author will do more with him or not remains to be seen. You'd think at least some amount more would be given to us, he's been hanging around for a while now to not have some important role still to be played. 

Tn7HA0h.png

seileene

seileene

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 26 posts

Lol, yes, the fact that there isn't very much to hate does seem to mellow us all out. That, and Currygom's characters are all crafted in such a way that there's also some utterly dislikable trait in each one. Except that very same ugly bit is also what makes them seem more human.

Honestly, I had to think about it before I could even pick a character to put on the bottom. Also, despite my low rating of Agwen, I really don't hate her. On some level, I even respect her for going through hell and managing to put her life back together afterwards.

She only lands as low as she does for me because her defining flaw just bothers me on a more personal level than those of other characters. I can't stand seeing people treat their parents like that. It's really the epitome of dysfunction. On the flipside, with Kasak's earrings lent out and broken, there's a nice opportunity for a bit of healing. I'd like to see their relationship repaired.

Granted, Yuta would win the prize for the most morbidly dysfunctional familial interactions, but his case is. . . well, it can't translate into ordinary planet earth happenings. Agwen's family situation can on some level. Not the exact cirsumstances, of course, but a shattered and betrayed relationship is still something we actually see in real life.

So in nutshell, yeah, they do both love each other. Agwen might sponser him, but she treats him like trash – albeit, the sort of trash one gets sentimentally attached to and can't bare to throw away. For the most part, I feel like Agwen's got her father working out some unreasonable repentance thing with impossible hoops. She wants him only with the earrings on, but really, she'll never get over it until he proves himself without the earrings. But basically, Agwen sticks around Kasak despite everything, and he also sticks around her too despite everything, so it's pretty mutual in that respect. The fact that Kasak even stuck around at all getting treated like scum speaks volumes, but it doesn't matter to Agwen because of the earring paradox, and it's a big, nasty, vicious circle. So in the end, Agwen doesn't even want to let Kasak try because she's just that broken and doesn't want to get hurt again. Current circumstances, though, just so happen to be forcing things to resolve one way or another.

At least that's the way I see things. *shrugs* All things considered, I'd really like to see that relationship mend.

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts

Well... I don't think the situation is getting better anytime soon, though. :( See chapter 89:

Shess: What are you planning to do about Agwen? You're father and daughter, you can't refuse to talk to each other like this.

Kasak: You don't know anything, Hyung. She's only like that on the outside. When I touch her without the earrings on, I can see her flinch. And yet she tells me, "I'm okay, Dad." If I try talking to her now, I know she'll say everything's fine. But an answer like that doesn't solve anything.

I said that Agwen's attitude towards Kasak is a sort of coping mechanism, and if I could elaborate further: it seems that when he has the earrings on, she doesn't treat him as her father. We've noticed that she only calls him father when he has his earrings off. There could be two reasons for this:

- Without the earrings on, Kasak said that he could just forget that she's his daughter, dump her and leave. Perhaps as 'revenge', Agwen doesn't treat him as her father when he has the earrings on.

- Alternatively, it could be that she thinks that with the earrings on, her father is just a fake, a personality created by the earrings. I admit that one thing I find a bit shocking is that Kasak doesn't really think much about having the earrings on or not. Normal humans would find the prospect of parting with their emotions to be appalling.

It could be a bit of both. What makes relations so interesting in Kubera is how Currygom throw in unique biological twists.

Anyway, another thing about the Kubera characters is that although they have despicable traits, many of them handle things pretty well Considering the scale of the events they've gone through. With planets blowing up and entire races at stake, it's kind of understandable that the characters are on edge.

3492bk6.jpg

Snow Flower

Snow Flower

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 56 posts

^Or it could be that with the earrings on, her father is reminded that she's his daughter but without the earrings,Kasak might forgot about her being his daughter so she calls him "Dad" so that he won't forget. I think Agwen is scared of being abandoned by her father.

"You don't understand a thing..... Man's potential for evolution is limitless" Isaac Netero

sigpic221725_7.gif

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts

^ Oooh, that's a really good one!

I'm also interested in the fact that she's clinging to him so closely at all. She's old enough for her students to call her a devil grandma, and yet when it comes to her father, she desperately doesn't want him to abandon her. I wonder if the events of the Cataclysm messed with her in other ways. For example, after losing everyone else, perhaps she considers that her father is the only one she has left? She seems like a well-adjusted adult for the most part, so it's rather strange.

Such interesting characters. And such messed-up relationships. D:

3492bk6.jpg

I love sleeping

I love sleeping

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 504 posts

There are a quite a few characters i dislike or i am indffirent too but if it;s hate it;s kasak and maruna.