Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

So Who is Your Least Favorite Character?

#kubera #characters

• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

salvatore

salvatore

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 6,875 posts
  • LocationEarth

for me , it is Kasak , i can't stand him at all.

Edited by salvatore, 09 April 2014 - 05:07 AM.

Sangios

Sangios

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,800 posts
  • LocationHarusame's 7th Division

I just finished reading all the chapters of Kubera. There were times when I would dislike characters, but I never hated any of them due to how multidimensional their characters are. If I had to choose though, I guess it would be Ruche and/or Riche. Ruche only continues to keep her position by luck and connections, and Riche is just annoying... though I WAS pleasantly surprised when she lent all her god level items out... even though she's probably going to screw everyone who borrowed one into debt somehow.

Best pairing:

Spoiler

TERO

TERO

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 42 posts

I'd say I dislike Brilith's blue dress more than any other character right now :P

When I first read through the translated chapters, Brilith and Sagara annoyed me a lot. On my second read through, Brilith's behavior around Agni still annoyed me, but Sagara didn't annoy me like before. It's probably from reading the discussions of her character that I was able to see Sagara in a new light, but I don't think Brilith has an excuse for acting the way she does around Agni when he even encourages her to be less formal/"self-suffocating" :\

divija

divija

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • LocationINDIA

My least favorite would god Kubera, he's fighting a war that has killed both humans and suras and yet he's undecided. Does he really wants to win? or has he already given up? Of course thats unless he has some extra hidden agenda and his way of treating Leez is some part of a plan

SilverAlex, I think you need to wait till the story goes forward and talks about real agenda and character of God Kubera because we never know what happened in his past (please don't mind my reply because He is my favourite character :wub: )

My least favourite character is Princess of Atera..I don't know why, but I feel she doesn't deserve God Agni. No logic behind my dislike at all..I just dislike her..

Edited by divija, 21 January 2014 - 12:25 PM.

SilverAlex

SilverAlex

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • LocationSomewhere aroung nowhere (but a little to the left)

SilverAlex, I think you need to wait till the story goes forward and talks about real agenda and character of God Kubera because we never know what happened in his past (please don't mind my reply because He is my favourite character :wub: )

My least favourite character is Princess of Atera..I don't know why, but I feel she doesn't deserve God Agni. No logic behind my dislike at all..I just dislike her..

Thats why I said unless its part of some sort of agenda we havent seem yet >.o To be hones there are three reasons that, regardeless what happens, will allways make me read kubera every monday afternoon in a ritualistic way

How did Kubera killed Anata?
Exactly what is going on with Asha
Leez supposed natural death, over a sea of death suras after a last confrontation with Kubera and possibly Yuta

Before I have those answer I cant really say much about my favorite character or my favorite moment in the series. (for example anata's death explanation may make me really love kubera or really hate him and so)

"The world isn't beautiful, therefore it is"
Kino 's motto. Series: Kino no tabi

And this writer dreams to find the true meaning of that phrase

Goobera

Goobera

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany ** Not a German, just a poor Half refugee living in hiding **
1. Claude Yui (creep who prefers to "discard" humans, and then keeps smiling and playfully exposing his shiny long hair >.<)

2. Riche Seiran (obvious reasons, kills and tortures whoever she pleases for financial gain >.<)

3. Priest of Earth (because he's such a lazy wimp in every possible way, despite having abilities that could have made him as strong as the best magicians with the right dedication and training :/)

4. Ruche Seiran ...just overall boring-annoying-terrible

5. Those always laughing guys who were hunting and selling trembling and bleeding halfs, only attacking weak looking victims and only in groups :( Sura tend to hunt on instinct and prefer stronger prey, but those ultra cowards were ganging up on the weakest for the lowest reasons possible :(

But I agree that being able to understand everyone's circumstances makes it almost impossible for hate to flourish.. Hate usually starts from a mix of anger and fear, and those often come from misunderstanding or not being able to understand some radical behavior at all.. But understanding alone is probably not enough in certain cases >.<

Edited by Goobera, 21 January 2014 - 06:02 PM.

Supporting the Kubera Wiki: kubera.wikia.com/wiki/User:Goobera

Spoiler

Lerciolas

Lerciolas

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • LocationTrieste

1. Suckara (an undepletable source of inspiration for new torture means)

2. Yuta (Steadily dropping since the test of the sword)

3. Alexander (just cause he transported Suckara in the human realm)

4. Shess (meddling at a bad moment and siding with Alexander?)

5. Claude Yui (I question his side)

Obviously this is so far, likely to change in the future.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH, STROMAE!

Aoi_Cho

Aoi_Cho

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • LocationOn top of a Mountain in the Wild West, exact location: No Where

To be honest I think I should have started a poll. With that said I think that Brilith would be in the top spot, which suprise me a bit. I think the reason I am surprised by the over whelming dislike of Brilith is because she doesn't maliciously try to hurt anyone and doesn't go out of her way to be cruel like some of the other characters. I will say that it seems to me that she does seem to bit fake showing one side to the "people" of her town and another to those who know her; is this what you guys don't like?

*** ​If you would like I will change this to poll. Let me know. ***

Edited by Aoi_Cho, 27 January 2014 - 01:47 AM.

~ A.C.

I am looking for an avatar; & Aoi-Cho supposedly means -according to Google Translation- blue butterfly, so if you see a cool blue butterfly image please send it over to me.  With many Thanks.

smthFishy

smthFishy

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,251 posts
  • Locationsubmerged

1. Suckara (an undepletable source of inspiration for new torture means)

Wut? Sagara does not - s/he is like that ebil wizard always chasing after the smurfs but never able to catch them, or like Tom in Tom & Jerry... s/he is actually rather pitiful. 

Edited by Old Man River, 27 January 2014 - 02:14 AM.

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 3,395 posts

Wut? Sagara does not - s/he is like that ebil wizard always chasing after the smurfs but never able to catch them, or like Tom in Tom & Jerry... s/he is actually rather pitiful.

She more or less killed few thousand by attacking Atera. Can't be compared to them.

TERO

TERO

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 42 posts

To be honest I think I should have started a poll. With that said I think that Brilith would be in the top spot, which suprise me a bit. I think the reason I am surprised by the over whelming dislike of Brilith is because she doesn't maliciously try to hurt anyone and doesn't go out of her way to be cruel like some of the other characters. I will say that it seems to me that she does seem to bit fake showing one side to the "people" of her town and another to those who know her; is this what you guys don't like?

*** ​If you would like I will change this to poll. Let me know. ***

Would be interesting to add a poll. You should do it!

Brilith might not be hurting anyone (maybe Agni's feelings once in a while), but I'd say she's mostly hurting herself. For me, it gets on my nerves that Brilith basically has no problems (that I see) except her own attitude. If someone could explain to me that she has a justified reason for not being happy with a hot God of Fire who acts like an idiot Agni supporting her, maybe I'll see Brilith differently... Okay. I think I'm starting to see where some of her frustrations are coming from, but I think most of her negative feelings are self-imposed. Agni tries to encourage her to take her frustrations out on him without revealing he's a mind reader, but alas.

Public v.s. Private image is an issue everyone has to deal with, so I don't hold anything against Brilith for that. I think she actually handles herself very well publicly; privately, not so much.

Edited by TERO, 28 January 2014 - 04:40 AM.

Aoi_Cho

Aoi_Cho

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • LocationOn top of a Mountain in the Wild West, exact location: No Where

Okay, that is one vote for a poll any other votes yes or no?

~ A.C.

I am looking for an avatar; & Aoi-Cho supposedly means -according to Google Translation- blue butterfly, so if you see a cool blue butterfly image please send it over to me.  With many Thanks.

Internet

Internet

Potato

• Members
  • 100 posts

1. Asha 

2. Brilith

3. Yuta/Alexander

4. Claude Yui

5. Ruche Seiran

Okay, that is one vote for a poll any other votes yes or no?

I vote for Yes

Edited by Internet, 28 January 2014 - 06:46 AM.

Tierra

Tierra

Baked Potato

• The Company
  • 1,912 posts
  • LocationGermany

1. Sagara

2. Claude

3. Riche

4. Brilith

God Kubera is another candidate for my list. But he has funny moments too xD

Poll: *votes for yes*

~*~ Kubera ~*~ Kubera Wiki ~*~ Kubera Fanart ~*~ Kubera TL(En)~*~

~*~ Smile today, tomorrow could be worse. ~*~

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
Yuta and Shess? Seriously? o,o

lol, I can actually understand the sentiment about Brilith. If I had to describe it, it's because she appears to be too much of a stereotypical goody goody martyr, and it's worse when she's paired up with Agni because you wonder what the heck he sees in such a boring person. She also has the least variety of interactions out of all main characters. City protector? *yawn*

I don't hate her, I just find her really boring.

I actually suspect that her relationship with Asha could be much more interesting than her relationship with Agni. Somehow, I suspect Brilith understands Asha even better than Leez. Brilith was able to see through Asha's grumpy exterior: Asha acts cold with her too, but Brilith understands that Asha cares about her and considers Asha her closest friend, to such a degree that even outsiders can notice. Leez doesn't seem to understand Asha's cold behavior like Brilith does, and takes it as a literal rejection. Also, Brilith seems to have a hint of the difficult times Asha is going through, whereas Leez is pretty much too absorbed in her own troubles to notice these things about Asha.

It's interesting that what kept Brilith attached to life was not the city, not Agni, but her wish to help Asha. I hope to see the two interact again in the future, in a more interesting context.

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,
Official English Webtoons: https://www.webtoons.com

Soloko

Soloko

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 212 posts
I don't really hate anyone, but there are characters I don't remember well anymore and don't care about them (at least for now).

Arka

Arka

Potato

• Members
  • 159 posts

I don't like Ian, she doesn't do much, except die. And Indra, maybe it's the influence from reading Gangsta and Paradise but he looks like he plays dirty then passes himself off as a hero... Voting no, there's way too many characters.

falk182

falk182

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 76 posts

I hate Kubera's bracelet, it can be a real drag sometimes.

Posted Image

Grincourt

Grincourt

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,776 posts
  • LocationItaly
I don't like Maruna. He's such a little jerk that's way too overconfident. I wouldn't mind him being killed in the worst way possible :D

Kosame

Kosame

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 52 posts

I'm not too fond of Riche Seiran for obvious reasons. Although I feel terrible for saying so because we haven't really been given enough to see her as being anything more than a one dimensional character.

_こさめ_

[mail] kosame_ne[★]outlook.com ・ [★] → @ | [connect] links