Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

So Who is Your Least Favorite Character?

#kubera #characters

• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

Aoi_Cho

Aoi_Cho

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • LocationOn top of a Mountain in the Wild West, exact location: No Where

Q.  So I looked and I didn't see a question like this but I wanted to know who is your least favorite character? 

To get the ball rolling:

A.  Sagara - man she just pisses me off.

In actuality, I just got sort of frustrated with her character after reading all of the Kubera chapters as of to date, so maybe I got to much of her in one dose. Regardless, I needed a place to vent so this the result. As complex as all the characters are she may have her reasons, but man for me her personality just stinks. 

~ A.C.

I am looking for an avatar; & Aoi-Cho supposedly means -according to Google Translation- blue butterfly, so if you see a cool blue butterfly image please send it over to me.  With many Thanks.

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts
For me it used to be Sagara, until I realized that she presented a very interesting POV in the Kubera world. Sagara is certainly the type of person I'd least want to have to deal with in real life, but she adds a Very interesting perspective to the story, and for that, I really like the fact that she's there.

Basically, Sagara is a bitch, and she's not afraid to admit it, because the whole world she lives in is filled with hypocrites. It's sad, but what she says often makes sense, like when she claimed that Menaka and Shakuntala ruined Gandharva and his clan, or how Gandharva is just deluding himself when he wanted to save the priestess (basically ignoring the fact that Teo would never accept being the sole survivor). Through her, we get a whole new perspective on the different characters, so she adds a lot to the story. Also, she's the only one who knows exactly what she wants, and doesn't hesitate to get her hands dirty to get it (though she does mess up. I respect her for her sheer effort).

As for what characters I hate most in this series... many of the characters in this series have aspects or moments where I really want to hate them. In the end though, their faults make them more interesting and humane, and Currygom doesn't write these scenes just for temporary drama (like how in Shounen manga, a character will be a total coward for a while just so the main character can lecture him). Instead these faults are a natural consequence of their life's history, and in that, they are quite... understandable?
- Gandharva is indecisive, but he lost everything after all.
- Asha is grumpy, but I'd be grumpy too if my whole planet blew up and my only hope for victory against overwhelming odds and opponents is a whiny kid.
- Leez appears stupid, but she grew up a village girl without education (and she's not even that stupid anyway).
- Maruna is racist, but when you're a powerful immortal Sura, it kind of makes sense that you'd look down on humans. >_>;;
- Sagara witnessed countless betrayals and backstabbings, she won't willingly be the sucker in this story.
- God Kubera is manipulating Leez, and since I like Leez, I hated him for that at first, but hey, the whole balance of the Universe (or something like that) may be at stake, plus he's up against opponents who can see much farther into the future than he can.
- Some people actually seemed annoyed with Yuta and his puppy love, but as I've explained in my YutaLeez essay, Yuta desperately wants to believe that he Can fall in love, because he was created as a creature who should not be able to.

Heck, I can't even blame the humans who are racists against Halfs. They must have been absolutely terrified when the Halfs who were supposed to side with them during their time of need, instead turned against them. What if it happens again? They're wrong, but I can understand their fear, and yet there are brave humans who have transcended their fears and losses and seek to protect Halfs.

Basically, Currygom has created a setting where nothing is black and white, and where many opposing points of views all have a point. And she's created a cast of characters on opposing ends of these points of views, but who for this reason brings a lot more nuance to the story.

If there were any characters I'd hate, it'd probably be some of the minor ones like Riche or Claude (well, maybe not Claude, he's still Airi's brother). But even they bring interesting aspects to the story.

Edited by Mizura, 18 January 2014 - 11:55 AM.

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,
Official English Webtoons: https://www.webtoons.com

BehindTheLighT

BehindTheLighT

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,847 posts
  • LocationItaly

For me it used to be Sagara, until I realized that she presented a very interesting POV in the Kubera world. Sagara is certainly the type of person I'd least want to have to deal with in real life, but she adds a Very interesting perspective to the story, and for that, I really like the fact that she's there.

Same for me.

I think that the worst is that rich woman Riche XD

I'm italian, so please excuse me if my english is not very good, feel free to correct me.

Kubera ITA

SilverAlex

SilverAlex

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • LocationSomewhere aroung nowhere (but a little to the left)

My least favorite would god Kubera, he's fighting a war that has killed both humans and suras and yet he's undecided. Does he really wants to win? or has he already given up? Of course thats unless he has some extra hidden agenda and his way of treating Leez is some part of a plan

"The world isn't beautiful, therefore it is"
Kino 's motto. Series: Kino no tabi

And this writer dreams to find the true meaning of that phrase

Jassim Al-Madeh

Jassim Al-Madeh

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationBahrain

Brilith? 4th ranked glasses-girl magician? The richest girl's sister?

Can't decide

Marim

Marim

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 373 posts

No one?

Well, everyone has their unique personalities, back stories, POV's, views, reason behind their actions,  that's why I don't have any least favorite/hated character in Kubera.

And that's what I like about Currygom - she doesn't put supporting characters in the story for only just making MC cool as she explains, they have their own lives too.

curubb86

curubb86

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts

For me it is Brilith, her character just irritated me to no end -__-

Aoi_Cho

Aoi_Cho

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • LocationOn top of a Mountain in the Wild West, exact location: No Where

I agree that Sagara has a "unique" POV and  I love how complex all of the characters are as well. However, there is just something I find so loath some about her character. Everyone in life goes through there own hardships and trials as person who has had there own fair share I guess I just can't stand someone who justifies their bad behaviour on life. I will admit the story wouldn't be the same without her.

Edited by Aoi_Cho, 19 January 2014 - 12:49 AM.

~ A.C.

I am looking for an avatar; & Aoi-Cho supposedly means -according to Google Translation- blue butterfly, so if you see a cool blue butterfly image please send it over to me.  With many Thanks.

Life N Discovery

Life N Discovery

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 477 posts

God Kubera and Gandharva I know God Kubera probably has a reason that's deals with the universe but Gandharva supposedly you lost everything but he's weak willed for a Nastika like sorry but your daughter cared for the clan and you literally pretty much leave them for dead. He is dead hopefully cause I've been hoping for his death for a while.

Edited by Life N Discovery, 18 January 2014 - 11:47 PM.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

it's a close "one/two punch" between this pair of jerks for me....

Spoiler

Tn7HA0h.png

Anasotam

Anasotam

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 17 posts
I like all the characters! They all have qualities and defects (as in real life) and this is what makes them so interesting! 

I think the unique characters that did not like were the individuals who killed half for fun (but they are not actually characters, are just a representation of (part of) the society). 

But if I really had to choose one character ... I would choose Ruche (because she's a coward who gets the credits of others) or his older sister Riche (because she is a miser who does not care about the others). However, I do not know the life story of these characters and (to my knowledge) has not yet been explored his "good side" (in the narrative).

Snow Flower

Snow Flower

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 56 posts

Brilith - first time I saw her, I knew she would irritate me. 

"You don't understand a thing..... Man's potential for evolution is limitless" Isaac Netero

sigpic221725_7.gif

smthFishy

smthFishy

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,251 posts
  • Locationsubmerged

Hmm... interesting choice of Brilith: too princess-y?

I dislike Leez the character to be honest, because she's too hard to write well. Nothing against her personally, but just her role and the complexity that is required. Needs to be represent both the ways what's typical of man and yet different enough to make her actions to stand out as heroic. Immensely difficult.

Edited by Old Man River, 19 January 2014 - 05:28 AM.

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 3,395 posts

I would place Visunu no1 in my hate list. I can feel sorry for most villians in Kubera, and can understand why some chars would act irritating way. But that god never gave any reason for screwing lives of so many.

EDIT After reading about Insight, life for Visunu seems suck so much with all the prediction overload, now Rich and Ruche would be my least fav.

EDIT 2 Re-reading Kubera made Menaka my most hated now. Her over protective views ruined not only Ghandarva's life, or their clan, but Sura as whole species!

Edited by Random-Webtoon-Fan, 14 March 2014 - 01:52 AM.

Jassim Al-Madeh

Jassim Al-Madeh

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationBahrain

I would place Visunu no1 in my hate list. I can feel sorry for most villans in Kubera, and can understand why some chars would act irritating way. But that god never gave any reason for screwing lives of so many.

You would hate a character that hadn't made its debut yet?

Can't decide

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Random-Webtoon-Fan

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 3,395 posts

You would hate a character that hadn't made its debut yet?

More then often my least favorite characters are the 'root of all evil' who has little to no real appearance int the current storyline.

CapitalFear

CapitalFear

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Locationthe land between here and there

I really hate Vishnu. He seems to screw everyone over. Especially Gandharva, his so-called 'close friend'.

....is what I would say, but then I'd be lying.

Snowl

Snowl

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • LocationCanada

We don't know that. Maybe he made Ghanda's life less screwy or the fate of the universe was at stake. While I wouldn't trust Visnu, his insight lets him see all possible futures. With our limited information it's a bit premature to criticize him.

Least favourite character: I had a hard time with this but I settled with Asha's fangirl. There weren't really any characters that annoyed me aside from her.

Edited by Snowl, 19 January 2014 - 01:08 PM.

aspasya

aspasya

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts

hmm least fave, let see...for me is brilith maybe, I don't really hate her but idk why I don't like her...(eh is it the same? :D

Bomfunk

Bomfunk

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationRussia, Rybinsk

Brilith, Maruna and God Kubera. I don't hate them, just don't like much.