Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Oh my god, this manga will never end!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Evan Dark

Evan Dark

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • LocationThe Tower 1F, drinking with Headon-nim

That was my honest reaction when I've seen that a second season has started. Not that I ever wanted this manga to end, it was just me realizing, that we'll never ever get any closure, with this story.

When the original manga ended (I think it was almost summer), I thought, that it ended for good. I was a little sad that no one won the harem, but it was unlikely to begin with, and it seemed that any point is as good as any to end it.

Seeing only after half a year that the series had resumed was a big surprise. The setting and focus had a slight shift (it was about damn time), but nothing else really changed. I hope this season will be a bit different than the first, and will have a direction, rather than just a main theme, because I loved the perverted idyll of the first season, but frankly I'm a little tired of it, and I want to see something new!

With TV sitcoms, the change is inevitable, because actors grow older, regardless of the script. With manga it's possible, but where is the fun in that? Someone please pull out the "Drama" tag.

"I looked into the TARDIS, and the TARDIS looked into me..." - Rose Tyler (Bad Wolf)

IHavoc

IHavoc

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

What a pointless post. For the most part you're just sort of rambling.

The story never had an arc to begin with, and the characters still have some mileage comedy wise, so as long as he can keep up the manga he can feel free to do so. The characters are fun, they have their own arcs, and considering the mess of generic cliches the first few chapters of season 1 they actually have a semblance of unique personalities now (mainly I feel because the author started to run out of cheap jokes, but progress is progress).You don't need to force direction on something. Drama being forced on sit coms when the cast gets older (as you mentioned) out of obligation to some sort of closure is one of the most reviled things in television since it's usually hamfisted as hell. It can be done well in some cases, but doing it just because you think that it's something that has to happen is dumb. Especially if the author has little experience writing actual drama.

"When the original manga ended (I think it was almost summer), I thought, that it ended for good."

Then you can't read, because the final page was the most obvious lead-in to another season I've ever seen. I'm pretty sure it even mentioned it being "Season 1 End"

And just because the manga COULD go on forever doesn't mean that it will. It doesn't seem like he's just picking it up again on a whim or for demand, it seems like he planned another season. Presumably he'll stop it when it seems appropriate. Meanwhile It really doesn't seem like you're asking for anything from the manga specifically so much as you're just trying to voice your pointless observation for its own sake. 

Evan Dark

Evan Dark

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • LocationThe Tower 1F, drinking with Headon-nim

What a pointless post. For the most part you're just sort of rambling.

Since the author probably isn't reading the Batoto forums at all, isn't all forums posts here pointless, by their nature? Well except for questions of course.

I wasn't trying to complain, I just think some changes would be nice and refreshing. Also, like in most comedy manga, the story development was all about about introducing new side characters (to-Love-ru had a dozen of them by the end), And readers are usually more interested in what happens to the original ones, so I thought it'd be nice if this time the actually story could also progress. (Btw, I didn't see any "unique" personalities, they are all stereotypes: tsundere, trap, loli, etc.)

These are just my thoughts though, and I do enjoy the usual silly jokes too.

"I looked into the TARDIS, and the TARDIS looked into me..." - Rose Tyler (Bad Wolf)

Disdanny

Disdanny

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Sorry to burst your bubble but it ends that after chapter 10 that's the end just saw it on a raw site

Edited by Disdanny, 12 June 2014 - 12:42 AM.

tumblr_mhinpr4Tl01r219jqo3_r1_500.gif

lorddx22

lorddx22

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 40 posts

ill be happy if it just keeps continuing so i can read it.  With a lot of manga to finish soon its gonna be hard finding the good ones.

-well for me anyways lol

"she’s sad that the city has since changed a lot: she told him, "that he'll still remained the same to her even if he grows up."

young_anime_girl_in_the_rain_by_irawrrye

IvQ9d.pngWheres the bunny?   lol

Getsu

Getsu

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts

Nek minnit... Ends.

"The art of douchebaggery:

Tazmo started it.
NOEZ perfected it."