Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Follows bug, old chapters surfacing with addition of new.

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts

Lately, with certain comics and the number of them have been increasing, every time a new chapter is added, it causes old chapters to go up in my follows list too. 

For example

When Mob Psycho Vol.5 Ch.41: Who was posted, all the chapters from Mob Psycho  Vol.5 Ch.38: No Time to Play Around on also went to the top of my follows list. Earlier additions also surfaced earlier chapters in my follows list, but some of them have dropped off.

When kingdoms latest three chapters were added, 2 hours ago, 2 chapters from 3 days ago surfaced.

This is true of Destroy and Revolution and Magician too, with the next older chapter surfacing with the addition of a newer chapter.

Gendalph

Gendalph

Fried Potato

• Contrib Mods
  • 576 posts
  • Locationbeyond the Veil
I think this is first step that Grumpy took in merging old follows and new follows.
Only last 2-3 chapters are brought up.

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts

I've had as many as 6 or 7 old chapters be brought up though it was the case that it was rather rapid releases. It happened in mob pyscho which seems to be releasing every day or so sometimes.

What do you mean by merging old and new follows?

Edited by truepurple, 12 January 2014 - 09:08 PM.

OchaMeido❣

OchaMeido❣

The Head Maid

• Contrib Mods
  • 1,728 posts
  • Location@ the Greenhouse Tea Party~

I've had as many as 6 or 7 old chapters be brought up.

What do you mean by merging old and new follows?

What genda-kun means is that grumpy updated the website/ installed
the new version, the old follow system get merged with the new one.

In a way it is merged. The old follow doesn't show you any old releases, it will only show you last updated/newest.

The new follow will show as much as 10 or so chapter that has been lately add ed to any series. After a week or so passed, only the onlylatest chapter will show up on your follow list.

Hope this help you understand it more.It helps members know that
It isn't updated only at that day.

So this isn't a bug~

ןן Tea Party~ ןן "THE BAR" ןן

ןןGuide to Uploading/deltin/sortin ןן

ןן[Must read] COMMENT SECTIONS RULES ן

Follow the comment sections' rules or else, you will be hanging at the edge of an cliff ^^
It maybe one step closer to death's door or an extension of your life's time.

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts

Was this aimed for or a accidental byproduct of other changes? Because this does not seem like a good system.  

What follows really needs is bookmarking.

OchaMeido❣

OchaMeido❣

The Head Maid

• Contrib Mods
  • 1,728 posts

Was this aimed for or a accidental byproduct of other changes? Because this does not seem like a good system.  

What follows really needs is bookmarking.

I think it is aimed for the new system....

The old follow is still there. Bookmarking the page where you left off
Has been suggested but not yet implied yet.

Follow the comment sections' rules or else, you will be hanging at the edge of an cliff ^^

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts

Old follow still there? You mean I can set it so old chapters don't get dragged up with new ones?

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

Equine non grata

• Members
  • 3,853 posts
  • LocationSan Escobar
A bit late, but this, starting from here.

Old follow still there? You mean I can set it so old chapters don't get dragged up with new ones?

"Old follows", a.k.a. "view by comic" -> http://vatoto.com/follows_comics

Mod-in-Disguise

FlQCNQa.gif

You <3

Whoever decided to delete this was an idiot.

| Handwritten kanji recognition || KanjiTomo || Kanji converter || J<->E Dictionary |

OchaMeido❣

OchaMeido❣

The Head Maid

• Contrib Mods
  • 1,728 posts

As ponies-chan explained.

The new follow system will still be there whetheryou like it or not x'D.
It is part of the new system.

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts

Well the old system was no good, if several chapters got released at once, for one you wouldn't know, and also, you had to go over to the chapter list and figure out by date.

If old chapters must surface with new chapters for what ever crazy reason, would you please color code the newest chapters differently then the old chapters brought up.  Like green text or highlight or lines or something for the newest chapters, and red for older stuff brought up with it.

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

Equine non grata

• Members
  • 3,853 posts
  • LocationSan Escobar

Well the old system was no good, if several chapters got released at once, for one you wouldn't know, and also, you had to go over to the chapter list and figure out by date.

If old chapters must surface with new chapters for what ever crazy reason, would you please color code the newest chapters differently then the old chapters brought up. Like green text or highlight or lines or something for the newest chapters, and red for older stuff brought up with it.

Knowing what's the latest chapter released and the chapter you've finished reading on, is also knowing whether the chapters you have yet to read were released simultaneously or over the period of X days really that important? Some people still use old follows instead of new version.

But that's irrelevant; as you say: if this order is to stay for longer period of time, it'd be less confusing if chapter groups were colour-coded or separated visually from others in some other way.

Mod-in-Disguise

FlQCNQa.gif

You <3

| Handwritten kanji recognition || KanjiTomo || Kanji converter || J<->E Dictionary |

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts

Even better would be if the older listings were collapsible/expandable and if collapsed, it shows more listings per page as space is freed up, that way one can choose which way they want it.

Edited by truepurple, 12 January 2014 - 10:27 PM.

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

Equine non grata

• Members
  • 3,853 posts
  • LocationSan Escobar

Merging the features of both is planned, like it's already been stated.

Mod-in-Disguise

FlQCNQa.gif

You <3

Daktyl

Daktyl

Discord King

• Contrib Mods
  • 825 posts
  • LocationMI, USA

I think I should chime in; it's not Grumpy merging the old follows with the new follows. He made a change to the front page that affected the follows list without him meaning to, but he decided to keep it ( http://vatoto.com/forums/topic/15576-how-the-my-follow-view-by-comic-is-sorted/#entry1031642 )

In this way, it groups your follows by comic, while sorting the comics by latest released chapter (if that makes sense). The "old chapters" being pulled up should be new enough to still be on the first page of your follows even if it didn't group. For example, I have a new chapter of Horimiya but the last chapter was released more than a week ago, so it doesn't show up as grouped because it doesn't show up on the first page of follows anyway :P

My words are my own, and do not represent Batoto in any way, shape, or form unless otherwise stated in the post itself ^.^

Oliverfr

Oliverfr

Potato

• Members
  • 134 posts

Hello, I was coming to the support forum to report a major bug, looks like it is already discussed. Bad luck, it's not a bug, it's a feature :D

Frankly, I was going to write "this bug SUCKS and is annoying as hell".

Since this is a feature, I'll become more polite, and write that I disagree with some of the consequences of the new follows system ;)

On top of all : this new system makes brand new released chapters appear below slightly less recent chapters we have already read.

We could call that : "fail to notice a release 101".

In my personal case, on top of my Follows page ( http://vatoto.com/myfollows ) since yesterday evening, there is Assassination Classroom 71.

This morning, I noticed Aiki S below Assassination Classroom, the latter was still shown on top. I thought "Silly me, I failed to notice Aiki S, and almost missed it"

This evening, I'm now noticing Yankee-kun To Megane-chan, still below Assassination Classroom 71. If I had not become wary, I would have definitely missed it.

Seriously, what the hell ? Latest not shown on top ?!?

With due respect (and by "due" I mean : you undoubtedly deserve respect, but if you don't accept criticism, you're wrong), this system goes against common sense, and ought to be amended. Either with a colors set, or with this change that the most recent must get displayed on top, no matter the situation behind the curtains.

(There, now you can flame me all you like, in my eyes, expressing constructive criticism is a form of love and an expression or care and support.)

OchaMeido❣

OchaMeido❣

The Head Maid

• Contrib Mods
  • 1,728 posts

Lol, I dont think that can be changed. If you read what Ponies-chan says, the old and new follow will be merged one day ~

meaning the new system will still be there x'D...

there is no particularly order to the most recent updates ... it is scramble around but it does show what has been updated lately...

the old system doesnt do that.

If anyone doesnt like the new system, just bookmark the old system x'D.. 

the new system doesnt bother me one bit~

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

Spoiler

(There, now you can flame me all you like, in my eyes, expressing constructive criticism is a form of love and an expression or care and support.)

Well I certainly don't intend to "flame" you, but I would like to point out that the tone of your post seems to imply you're pretty darned upset over the one-time occurrence (occasional?) of an older release being above a newer one. I see weird things on the computer all the time........here and elsewhere........who the heck takes every little glitch or oddity  that happens to appear every now and then that much to heart?

I'd guess the vast majority of people are more than happy with the follows system Batoto provides..... I sure am....the occasional glitch or odd function doesn't bother me in the slightest.  

Tn7HA0h.png

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
  • LocationHere of course!

Um... newest is on top. It's just that it's grouped.

rVPHCpE.png

Oliverfr

Oliverfr

Potato

• Members
  • 134 posts

Hmmm... Then, maybe I was seeing an ACTUAL bug ? ^^

S853fFD.jpg

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
  • LocationHere of course!

Hmmm... Then, maybe I was seeing an ACTUAL bug ? ^^

S853fFD.jpg

Yes... that seems like a bug.

Edit: Confirmed on how to replicate by mhh. I'll try to fix it soon.