Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles

How long do you think this manga will last?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Guest_jonjon100_von_Kartoffel

Guest_jonjon100_von_Kartoffel
  • Guests

I have never read the novel so I don't know how much of the novel was the first chapter but people that have read the novel, how long do you think this manga will last? 

DON'T POST SPOILERS!

geenius3ab

geenius3ab

Potato

• Members
  • 187 posts

Depends on how long they'll stretch it. Personally I expect something like a max of 10-15 chapters (If each chapter is as long as this one was.). Could be longer, but not by much.

Edited by geenius3ab, 10 January 2014 - 11:46 AM.

IT0

IT0

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas
The novel? More like a short book, but it was really good. I read it in a day.

Staw

Staw

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationGreece

I don't think it will get very long, maybe 20 chapters or so.

GZL2NIm.jpg

Tohyama Kinji

Tohyama Kinji

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationSingapore, Singapore

Relatively short.

Might be good, might be bad

Co-boss at Onmyodo Scans

_Knight_

_Knight_

Potato Sprout

• Contributor
  • 3 posts
  • LocationU.S.

I thought that it would only last 2 volumes. So that it will end before the Hollywood film

Tohyama Kinji

Tohyama Kinji

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationSingapore, Singapore

Not long at all.

Weekly, though.

Co-boss at Onmyodo Scans

admira

admira

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

I agree, probably 2 or 3 volumes at most.  I don't know how far along it is compared to the novel right now, but I'm thinking that it'll cover to the end at least.  The ending might be rushed if it's not popular enough, though.

Aolyn

Aolyn

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationFrance, Toulouse FTW !

I'll only be speaking of length... I don't think it could be a spoiler but feel free to delete if it is :)

The novel is 300 pages long.

The manga's chap1 matches the novel's first chapter (they have the same name).

But the 2nd and the 3rd are about a quarter of the second chapter.

There are four chapters in the novel, so... quick maths gives about 25 chapters, but it does seem a bit too much.

I'd say to expect 3 volumes, maybe 4 if they stretch it a bit (until now, it's like reading the novel... with a bit of dialogue less).

Jaymes

Jaymes

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 56 posts

There was so much that was left out of the novel that could be added to expand and make it better. They are actually leaving stuff out though, so as other are saying 20 chapters should cover it.

KuroHorobi

KuroHorobi

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • LocationEngland.

20-25 chapters would seem a decent length. It'll most likely finish quite close to the realise of The Edge of Tomorrow

Norah_and_Kelly%27s_Clash.png

Efre

Efre

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts
To put it into perspective, 4 chapters released, and we are on page 98 of the novel out of 251.

MagicWafflez

MagicWafflez

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • LocationOhio

this makes me sad D: I actually like the premise of this, I hope it spins off enough to become a continuing series...

I haven't read the novel, but I don't get how they could defeat the enemy completely in the alotted timeframe... does it have a sequel?

geenius3ab

geenius3ab

Potato

• Members
  • 187 posts

At the end of the 6th chapter he's already an extremely hardened soldier. So it isn't too far off from the end. But anyway I think it will end at 10-15 chapters. And it won't have any fillers because the novel itself is so old that I don't think they'll add too much to it.

Aolyn

Aolyn

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationFrance, Toulouse FTW !

Well, things are gonna happen. He was a hardened soldier at the end of the book's 2nd chapter. I'll give a hint: main caracters.

Sam Mullen

Sam Mullen

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

this makes me sad D: I actually like the premise of this, I hope it spins off enough to become a continuing series...

I haven't read the novel, but I don't get how they could defeat the enemy completely in the alotted timeframe... does it have a sequel?

Spoiler Alert:

The novel only takes place during this one battle, so they could probably make more. However, there is no sequel as of yet, and it does work really well as a stand alone novel. I wouldnt get your hopes up for a sequel.

IT0

IT0

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

If it runs paste the novel and continues the story it has the potental to be a lot longer.

SEntinelSLayer

SEntinelSLayer

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts

Maybe this Manga will last till the movie come out

Namorax

Namorax

Fingerling Potato

• Validating
  • 62 posts

Considering the way the novel ended and the reason given in the story itself WHY it had to end the way it did I think a series will be very unlikely...

They might do a "relaunch" or set it in some kind of parallel universe with "same characters/different story" but it wouldn't be quite the same.

Apart from that: how would they sell the story a 2nd time? I think the series is so gripping because people identify with the Main Character and want to know what will happen to him and IF he survives. After this arc, everything will be more or less "Been there, done that". That way are falling ratings and axes...

Also, they dont defeat the enemy in the sense of "winning the war". The novel is just about winning this one battle and finally seeing that freaking other day.

If the author ever intended to give that story a sequel, why would he do it 10 years after the novel was released?

My guess would be they made the manga because of the movie-adaption with Mr.Cruise.

PS: Am the only one who doesnt like Mr.Cruise as Kenji? Or any non-japanese in that role? Makes me wonder what else they'll rewrite to fit their target audience. -.-

EDIT: Also to stay on topic and becuase i totally forgot to add this: My guess is the mange will go for 15-16 chapters. Chapter 11 is close to the end if (my) memory serves right, they're about 4/5 to the end and there isnt a lot left to do.

Somewhere deep inside I hope they do a suckerpunch and suprie us with a different ending to the story, but chances for that are very low.^^

Edited by Namorax, 03 April 2014 - 06:48 PM.

makoz

makoz

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts

PS: Am the only one who doesnt like Mr.Cruise as Kenji? Or any non-japanese in that role? Makes me wonder what else they'll rewrite to fit their target audience. -.-

For the millions of viewers who will see this movie, it will just be just another sci-fi adventure with Tom Cruise. Not a big fan of him, but if you want to play mainstream and make a blockbuster, you need well-known actors to attract the audience (okay, you need a good budget too and not end up like Lone Ranger inflated budget...barely scraping even at the end), otherwise it would sound like a cheap b-movie. In Hollywood, people don't decide to go see a movie primarily based on plot, but the ones playing in it, it's the driven force.