Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Annoying Ads?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
315 replies to this topic

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
  • LocationHere of course!

play audio automatically
http://i.imgur.com/BEFhc.png

Can't find this. >.< Might be from google... but then that means they're going against their ToS. ...

Kami

Kami

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • LocationGermany
Spoiler

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
Why are bad ads popping up after so many months of nice silence? T_T

I'll look into that ebay one bit later.

mhh

mhh

Babo Kim

• Administrators
  • 3,754 posts
I got the ebay one as well today.

hxx p://www.ebay.de/?clk_rvr_id=321327293387&mpvc= <- that's the URL when I click it, it changes id with every click but maybe it helps.

silent2nja

silent2nja

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
There's a Norton antivirus ad that keeps on getting a adobe flash error. When it comes on, the whole page freezes and then an error pops up staying that adobe flash script is bad or something. This happened on my chrome desktop browser and dolphin mobile browser.

mhh

mhh

Babo Kim

• Administrators
  • 3,754 posts

There's a Norton antivirus ad that keeps on getting a adobe flash error. When it comes on, the whole page freezes and then an error pops up staying that adobe flash script is bad or something. This happened on my chrome desktop browser and dolphin mobile browser.

silent2nja, please provide a screenshot if you can. The only reason I didn't post one was because I got the exact same ad as Kami above.

silent2nja

silent2nja

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/641/99520131.png/

sorry, I couldn't get a screenshot before because when the ad loads the error pops up saying to stop the flash script and page just freezes. I took this screenshot with a high-end pc, no error pops up but the page lags 2-3 seconds before loading the rest of the page.

TrueMetis

TrueMetis

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts
http://i.imgur.com/T4HtE.jpg

It's a video ad that started playing on its own.

openbookworm

openbookworm

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
Hello, Sorry I didn't get a screenshot but you seem to have a malicious ad on site. When I was opening a manga in a new tab, it automatically redirected to a screen saying that a windows security scan found a critical error and needs to download something. I only saw this after I had closed the offending page. Sorrry.

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts

Hello, Sorry I didn't get a screenshot but you seem to have a malicious ad on site. When I was opening a manga in a new tab, it automatically redirected to a screen saying that a windows security scan found a critical error and needs to download something. I only saw this after I had closed the offending page. Sorrry.

That sounds horrible.............. But, I can't really track down an ad like that b/c of lacking information. And we don't intentionally have any redirection ads (they're either not selected to begin with or turned off via filters), so, it has to be an intentional bypass by the ad maker... >.> Which of course is not allowed...

Might also wanna check for virus scanner/spyware scanner. Might be due to an infection. First time seeing this form of ad reported on our site. Or at least first in my memory.

mhh

mhh

Babo Kim

• Administrators
  • 3,754 posts

Just to add to what Grumpy already said it really sounds more like a virus on your computer then an actual ad to me.

Trebor

Trebor

Voice to the Voiceless

• Administrators
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationUSA
They loaded one right after the other... ; ;

Spoiler

Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri

©®åƒ†¥µåGGø†

©®åƒ†¥µåGGø†

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 217 posts
  • LocationIn your ear.
Spoiler

loaded at bottom of page while reading manga.

-edit- one of those ads that says in an obnoxiously loud voice "congratulations", i.e. plays audio automatically. It's not terribly invasive as far as ads go, but it's still annoying. If I see it again, I'll try and get the source/link, but accidentally clicked follow while scrolling.

Edited by 01011001, 16 March 2012 - 05:08 PM.

Looks like a duck? Tastes like a duck? Walks like a duck? It's a panda! :batoto_010:
oh darn.

mhh

mhh

Babo Kim

• Administrators
  • 3,754 posts

Spoiler

loaded at bottom of page while reading manga.

Does that ad do anything it's not supposed to?

Kami

Kami

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • LocationGermany
The site automatically scrolls down, i don't know if its cause of the ad, i post it just in case.
Spoiler

Edited by Kami, 16 March 2012 - 07:12 PM.

Halo

Halo

Potato

• Donator
  • 171 posts
Hello. Have you considered the possibility of making a some kind of donation option for those, who would like to get rid of annoying ad and not feel about themselves as an asshole?

I don't really care about monsters like youtube when using adblock, but batoto isn't commercial project, and I can't help myself but feel like I'm ripping you off... And at the same time ad is annoying the hell out of me when I read manga.

Actual premium would be bad for your reputation (I think), but donate won't hurt.

Laurens D

Laurens D

Baked Potato

• tC Donator
  • 1,475 posts
  • Locationin the tower!
ads shows sometimes on the left side instead of top: http://vatoto.com/read/_/6850/angel-densetsu_v1_ch2_by_manga-sketchbook

Posted Image

This is not my fault!

You could have bought my cookies.

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts

ads shows sometimes on the left side instead of top: http://vatoto.com/read/_/6850/angel-densetsu_v1_ch2_by_manga-sketchbook

Um.. yeah, I realized that too. Not sure what's causing it though. I should investigate properly next time I stumble on it.

Hello. Have you considered the possibility of making a some kind of donation option for those, who would like to get rid of annoying ad and not feel about themselves as an asshole?

I don't really care about monsters like youtube when using adblock, but batoto isn't commercial project, and I can't help myself but feel like I'm ripping you off... And at the same time ad is annoying the hell out of me when I read manga.

Actual premium would be bad for your reputation (I think), but donate won't hurt.

Actually, that's exactly what we're planning to do. ^_^

kdom

kdom

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 376 posts
I have some adult content adds from time to time lately. Given the PG rate discussion, it's quite ironical. Unfortunately I forgot to look at the link before I refresh the page but I will try to think about it next time I have one. I don't know if I am the only one.

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
Well, that's a first for adult report. But yes, it's completely unacceptable here. If you see it again, please report it so I can track it down and remove it.