Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

this arc = bleach's fullbringer arc

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

shonryukku

shonryukku

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 433 posts
  • Locationnyc

am i the only one who sees a lot of similarities between this arc and bleach's  fullbringer arc? any  predictions on how this arc will be received? i think rather well since it's not cool to hate Beelzebub   

The mark of greatness is when everything before you is obsolete and everything after you bears your mark
Posted Image

Shintaigo

Shintaigo

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts

I see what you're saying, but Oga was a bit more of an op badass than even Ichigo was before either of them got powers. Although I doubt Oga can defeat demons or contractors without Beel, I think that he has a much better chance of kicking ass than Ichigo had of defeating hollows without power. And I'm not sure Oga is completely without power, anyway. His master can use demon powers without being attached to a demon so maybe Oga has some demon skills even without Beel. All in all I'm saying that there are much more elements in Beelzebub that are making sure that this won't be a complete flop like in Bleach. (Also, I totally hated Ichigo's fullbring form so I'm a bit biased against it)

shonryukku

shonryukku

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 433 posts
  • Locationnyc

I see what you're saying, but Oga was a bit more of an op badass than even Ichigo was before either of them got powers. Although I doubt Oga can defeat demons or contractors without Beel, I think that he has a much better chance of kicking ass than Ichigo had of defeating hollows without power. And I'm not sure Oga is completely without power, anyway. His master can use demon powers without being attached to a demon so maybe Oga has some demon skills even without Beel. All in all I'm saying that there are much more elements in Beelzebub that are making sure that this won't be a complete flop like in Bleach. (Also, I totally hated Ichigo's fullbring form so I'm a bit biased against it)

after ichigo lost  his powers he still had super human abilities  i think at the very least Oga is going to take fugi sitting in his house drinking tea  a lot better than ichigo did. i think Oga is going to snap  demon skills or not  Fugi is getting planted!! ( the fullbringer arc is probably the  most polarizing arc  of the decade it's either you loved it or hated  hardly any inbetween)

The mark of greatness is when everything before you is obsolete and everything after you bears your mark
Posted Image

Archmage Lezard

Archmage Lezard

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 30 posts

The FullBring arc is when Bleach officially jumped the shark. (Not killing Aizen when they had the chance and the stupid time-warping slash Ichigo used were signs, but that was the definite marker)

Seriously, multiple sources of backup OPness was cute in the 80's/90's era, but it's awfully dated now. And even then, the only egregious abuser of the trope was Dragonball, and it was still bearable right until the abomination they call DBGT came out. And even then, the good mangaka were very circumspect in its use. As one example, Yusuke Urameshi had a Majin form, but he could only bring it out once, didn't use it against the final boss, and still lost the final battle of the manga.

Beelzebub's comedy aspect is nearly on an equal footing with its action, so some things will get a pass, but calling this the equivalent of the BullShit arc is going too far. Besides, it's not the 'manly' or 'banchou' thing to find an alternate source of power; only antagonists do that in delinquent manga and while Beelz isn't EXACTLY one, it pays homage to its roots well enough that I don't see Oga learning a new technique or binding a new demon. 'Real Men' don't jump from ally to ally like a skank. You find a homie willing to take a cap in the head for you, you stand by him FOR LIFE. Ride or die.

Edited by Archmage Lezard, 25 December 2013 - 06:45 PM.

There is only one Swagamoto, and I am his prophet

shonryukku

shonryukku

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 433 posts
  • Locationnyc

The FullBring arc is when Bleach officially jumped the shark. (Not killing Aizen when they had the chance and the stupid time-warping slash Ichigo used were signs, but that was the definite marker)

Seriously, multiple sources of backup OPness was cute in the 80's/90's era, but it's awfully dated now. And even then, the only egregious abuser of the trope was Dragonball, and it was still bearable right until the abomination they call DBGT came out. And even then, the good mangaka were very circumspect in its use. As one example, Yusuke Urameshi had a Majin form, but he could only bring it out once, didn't use it against the final boss, and still lost the final battle of the manga.

Beelzebub's comedy aspect is nearly on an equal footing with its action, so some things will get a pass, but calling this the equivalent of the BullShit arc is going too far. Besides, it's not the 'manly' or 'banchou' thing to find an alternate source of power; only antagonists do that in delinquent manga and while Beelz isn't EXACTLY one, it pays homage to its roots well enough that I don't see Oga learning a new technique or binding a new demon. 'Real Men' don't jump from ally to ally like a skank. You find a homie willing to take a cap in the head for you, you stand by him FOR LIFE. Ride or die.

to each his own  bleach's fullbringer  arc could have been something special if people didn't force it to be rushed canonically there was no way to kill aizen and even if they  and mugetsu wasn't a time warp... also the death of aizen (the big bad of the series) at this point would have eliminated much of the tension necessary for the next arc . Also bleach had and has so many  reveals to make / unanswered questions to answer that  doing something that would symbolic end the manga in most peoples minds would be utterly ridiculous  never mind that  the full bringer arc is also very much a set up arc for the final arc.

i would love if you elaborated on this op concept. I don't think  you actually read  bleach and understand what your reading  but your lack of understanding does in no way lower the quality of the work Kubo Tite is for better or worse the Steven Erickson  of manga

for the record i didn't  wait till today to post this  but it's so fitting   in the week  Kubo takes the bleach lore to another level and cements Juha as a better villain than Aizen  as Oga regains  his powers and will now attempt to bring a  bad-ass end to the worst  arc/ mini arc in the series to date.

Posted Image

Archmage Lezard

Archmage Lezard

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 30 posts

Called it.

There is only one Swagamoto, and I am his prophet

shonryukku

shonryukku

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 433 posts
  • Locationnyc

Called it.

dude  everyone said he would get beel back that's like yelling first

Posted Image

MrAnarchist

MrAnarchist

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 298 posts
  • LocationFrom Ravnica to Theros, from Innistrad to Kamigawa, I'm in no single place for too long

Called it.

As if you're alone. What surprised me is HOW it happened and how SOON.
So Ulamog and Kozilek are dead, FOR GOOD. but Ugin made a good point: there's no telling how many eldrazi there are in the Blind Eternities and whether they will seek revenge.

It REALLY sucks when a pacifist makes you guilty for killing monsters.

10.jpg

17.jpg

19.jpg

DioBrando

DioBrando

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

You mean this arc is Beelzebub's Chapter Black?

Edited by DioBrando, 06 February 2014 - 11:31 AM.