Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Sword Art Online vs Log Horizon

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

mhyr1104

mhyr1104

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 56 posts

Sword Art Online-based on Kirito saving the people trapped in SAO

Log Horizon-life of people who had been transported into the world of Elder Tale

The major difference I see between the two, is that SAO's world was a VR world, something which was made, and you can simply log off to return back to the original world (except SAO) on the other hand, Log Horizon is about people who were sent to  DIFFERENT WORLD, with no idea how to return to their original world

26.jpg

Alcruid

Alcruid

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 369 posts
  • Locationsomewheeeeere... over the rainbow, way up high ~
Definitely log horizon, in my opinion at least

But I can only compare the anime though.
LH really gives me the nostalgic game feel, with the classes and cooldowns, while SAO, even though it seems a great play, just didn't give me that feel. Furthermore... I didn't really like Kirito as MC, compare him to Shiroe and you know. Kirito also seemed so powerful just for the sake of being powerful.
And then you have the harem thing that made no sense to me... cause of his IMO blandness, I'd rather have had more screentime for other males like.., what's his face?

Okay sorry I'm ranting, but I like LH more,

Actually I feel they're too different to compare,
I mean, both have different plots and goals.. I think SAO just failed a little along the way, action was great though.

Pardon my typos

Thaeria2.gif

My webcomic (action | fantasy | adventure | mystery) on Batoto (image)

http://vatoto.com/comic/_/sp/thaeria-dancing-with-the-devil-r11374

Hear me sing and help me grow and improve! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGBxlhBeruObuKrVkQaTRtw

Alcruid | Al | Alc | Altan | Alcchan

Spoiler

hvt45

hvt45

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

I would say Log Horizon too. The problem I find in SAO was that it was too rush in the first half. There should have been more episode about Kirito life in SAO. I also think some of the support character should have had more screen time.

caitnap

caitnap

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts

I prefer Log Horizon, SAO's divided by different game, meaning we didn't get to really see the detail of each game

at the start, it's quite similar, but soon, it's apparent that's where the similarity end.

LH has other beside the gamer involved into the plot and up to know, in LH, the place they thought a game has become reality

(I make it vague, so i don't spoiler much)

plus I like LH's MC, a tactician's interesting character to follow and not shying from being bad too.

despite MC being liked by loli...it's my only problem

thankfully Shiroe doesn't feel anything toward the two, if I have to couple him with someone,

I am shipping him with the teaparty's leader...that girl in flashback

LH has more detail and doesn't only center around Kirito,

it shows various character too, how they interact with each other

I feel much more satifactory from LH compared to SAO

NoboriRyu

NoboriRyu

Potato

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • LocationGermany
I can't judge a lot as I haven't watched LH anime yet (gonna save it for my semester break).
One thing that is a major minus for me is that my friend told me there is no romance (not plot related development with romance), so I will probably prefer SAO over it, but who knows, I can tell more after watching it :)

prongsjiisan

prongsjiisan

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • LocationTiensha

okay LH got some interesting point, while SAO i less interesting than LH...

but if you're hardcore MMORPG player you should like Moonlight Sculptor more.. lol

Firehorse32

Firehorse32

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 71 posts

There could be some romance to this. The author has indicated in the 4chan appearances that there are three potential love interests for Shiroe. He just hasn't decided who or how or for sure if yet.

I find it interesting that two similiar yet so disimilar LN's came out at roughly the same time  (SAO and LH)  SAO just got the lion's share of the publicity. LH seems to be a much stronger story.

The girl in the flashbacks is Kanami. The leader of the Tea Party. She has her own spin-off manga, though not sure if we'll get to see that. If you want to know a bit more of back story and what is going on, check out the tv tropes page for this.

"Our past shapes us, our choices define us, our desires propel us, and those we let into our hearts give us the strength to persevere even when our dreams lay shattered behind us." - me

Azmar

Azmar

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

LH for me is like Shiroe as Lelouch in disguise.

mhyr1104

mhyr1104

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 56 posts

LH for me is like Shiroe as Lelouch in disguise.

without the eye, but with more skills

26.jpg

NoboriRyu

NoboriRyu

Potato

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • LocationGermany

I find it interesting that two similiar yet so disimilar LN's came out at roughly the same time  (SAO and LH)  SAO just got the lion's share of the publicity. LH seems to be a much stronger story.

Well that's personal opinion and maybe our western opinion differs from what Japanese people consider to be better.
Who knows, also the audience the anime are aimed at might be different.

draconins

draconins

Potato Sprout

• Donator
  • 5 posts

In my own opinion I think they are rather different. I like SAO more than LH but I  like both of them very much.

I do not really know full reason why I like SAO more, but I can relate myself more to SAO. The way SAO tells me the story is somehow very nostalgic to me, reminding me the time I was active in mmorpg. I feel less attached in LH, and actually see LH more as "spectator" or "reader" rather being as player.

I think LH has good story, and I think, even without video game background, it is still great story. Meanwhile, SAO is actually more attached to the "video game" background, and can not live without the background itself, and I can relate myself to it as especially in the past I was pretty much solo-er too.

19.jpg