Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Holy crow, somebody's picked this up!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Ooogooman

Ooogooman

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

And it looks like they're somebody other than the #wehatemanga crowd that did a translation of the first 25 chapters forever and a day ago!

That makes my day: I'm a fanatic for the relatively grounded kind of martial-arts manga that doesn't dive headfirst into Dragonball levels of power. And the #wehatemanga translation was not only incomplete, it was also riddled with technical errors like calling what was obviously a karate or kenpo dojo a school of 'kendo', calling an obvious shootboxer a 'joint boxer', calling a Muay Thai practitioner a 'Thailand boxer', and calling an obvious gedan mawashi-geri- conventionally translated 'round kick' or 'roundhouse kick'-  a 'sidekick', which is the conventional translation of 'yoko geri', a completely different kick. Also the occasional copy error like alternating between 'swallow kick' and 'shallow kick'.

I have a pretty fair knowledge of Japanese martial arts in general, and of the early days of the Japanese combat-sports scene that the early chapters of the manga are clearly drawing on. Though I don't know a word of Japanese that doesn't relate in some way to hitting, kicking, strangling, throwing, locking, or otherwise mangling people, I'd still like to know if there's anything I could do to help out Hitori Bocchi Scanlations/Zepher.Carnell. Could you use a martial-arts consultant and copy editor, or do you think you've got that end of things taken care of?

Edited by Ooogooman, 10 December 2013 - 03:48 AM.

Zepher Carnell

Zepher Carnell

Potato Sprout

• Contributor
  • 3 posts

Right now it's just a one man project I started in my free time. But there's no reason we can't be called Hitori Bocchi Janai (I'm/we're (inferred) not All Alone) :) 

I'd be happy to work together in order to put out the highest quality scanlations possible.

Ooogooman

Ooogooman

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

What would be your preferred means of collaboration, then- E-mail, Skype, telephone, forum posts here?