Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Favourite character? I know the answer is Ban but still........

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

FakeHero

FakeHero

Potato

• Members
  • 174 posts
  • LocationReality, sadly...........

Who´s your favourite character?

"Ban, Ban, Ban, Ban, Ban, Ban, Band,Ban, Ban, Ban, Ban, Ban, Ban, Ban and Ban................................"

- I dislike Mel, too boring, generic and waaay too much plot power for my liking.

- Elisabeth is annoying beyond saving.

- King is pretty cool, but need more backstory.

- Diane ugh, we all had enough with blind one-sided love in Oh Great´s manga(s).

- Hauser, goody two shoe wind Elvis is surprisingly tolerable, even thought he fit the classic trope like a glove.

- Yandere sister, killing big sister was not cool, and dere for limpy lil brother.... no one cares.

- Ban = Pure awesome

Your pick?

Edited by FakeHero, 01 December 2013 - 03:11 AM.

Liar

Liar

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 472 posts

I totally respect your opinion on the other characters even if I disagree with you on some of them.

Although I want to fight against popular opinion on an instinctual level, I can't help but like Ban. The way the author developed his backstory made him a very sympathetic character that allows me to see the motivations between most of his questionable actions. I cannot help but hope that he does end up succeeding in his quest at the end of the manga.

ChibiFightFu

ChibiFightFu

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts

I can't say I share your opinions FakeHero but at least we agree on Ban. He isn't my favorite character but I cannot NOT love him (and my guess is there's no one who doesn't love him). When he first appeared he was just badass but then his background story was unveiled and it was one I NEVER imagined from a character like him. I don't want to explain my feelings any further here, I will just say I absolute LOVE his story an of course him.

Actually I can't really pick an absolute favorite... It was King once, but then it switched to Diane again and she still kinda IS my favorite. She is just too cute but badass on the other side. I hope we get some more insight on her as well. There has to be something in her past as well. When she mentioned that Matrona was the name of a person she knew triggered that thought.

Well, putting Diane aside there are two other girls I love... The first one being Jericho. Hell, I loved her when she first appeared, I don't even know WHY and I most certainly didn't think she'd get any bigger role in this manga than that but then she turned into a Reactor and my love for her skyrocketet. The second one is Liz, though I didn't know anything about her aside from what was shown in the first flashback, but that was enough to fall in love with her instantly. And the newest flashback just showed me I was right, I love her so much.

Gowther is cool as well, I don't know much about him yet but from what I know I can fangirl just as much as with the other sins (so yeah, I also love Meliodas, I love every sin that appeared until now and I also love Hauser and Geera just climbed a few steps on my popularity ladder too)

The only character I can't stand is Elizabeth. The only cool scene she had was when she stole the bell from that one Holy Knight. That and nothing else, not even all the scenes where she was supposed to look cool but it was just like "Oh, I have to show the readers that Elizabeth has a reason to be here, she must do something cool", but it isn't cool. It just isn't. She's just a nuisance and I enjoyed that one chapter where she didn't even appeared once very much. I don't really hate her but she's useless and there's absolutely nothing to her (so please don't let her be Liz)

My favorite character is literally almost everyone as you can see XD"

iluminado

iluminado

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationSouth America

No, my answer isn't Ban :D

My favorite is Diane :3

REinnocent

REinnocent

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 21 posts

cannot decide now..its still 5 sin,but for now i think i goon like king...

Staw

Staw

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationGreece

Ban obviously :P

GZL2NIm.jpg

XxLelouchxX

XxLelouchxX

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts

I'm stuck between Ban and King

Terrorism is nothing but childish harassment…your enemies are not Britannians, but Britannia!
This is war and what you need is an army! - Lelouch Vi Britannia

Yaomo

Yaomo

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,757 posts
  • Locationwathcing you from some place far away

it's hard to choose between female characters, most of them completely lack any presence. diana needs some kind of backstory, but it seems geera might become interesting in later chapters. gowther also seems interesting for now. of course ban is a character that it's difficult not to like. i particularly like to see him smashed and cut to pieces.

あっ ちょっと死んじまった

aspasya

aspasya

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts

at first I like Ban but now I like Gowther (sorry for being a bishounen lover Lol) ^o^

Angry Milk

Angry Milk

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

Diane is my favorite. She is so cool! Geera is also great!

But I like them all, love how well the characters interacte together.

Edited by Angry Milk, 08 March 2014 - 07:28 AM.

Guest_jonjon100_von_Kartoffel

Guest_jonjon100_von_Kartoffel
  • Guests

To be honest I have so many favourite characters in this manga. The creator of this manga sure knows how to create and develop a character.  B)

Edited by NaMoWaH, 10 March 2014 - 01:25 PM.

keoss

keoss

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 21 posts

Ban for the time being but I think Guila (Geera's official name :D) is going to win over in a few weeks. Girl is getting her own story.

Also would like to voice my disagreement with some of your evaluations:

Meliodas: *Eyes at Luffy for the first few arcs.* I think they started getting beaten up at around the same time in their respective story? Not sure, pure feeling.

Hauser: Cool guy! Second favorite atm.

King: erm... no. Other than the times he swings his arms and play Kuja(FFIX) I don't particularly like him or anything. He unfortunately debuted with some bad first impression.

And also would like to voice my aggreement with some of your evaluations:

Diane: like you have said. But let's also say she have some pretty solid moments. Also, her one sided love is more a gag element than the Oh Great! kind of thing, to be honest.

Elizabeth: Yeah, totally... Iunno... feel the worst about her, just naturally.

And finally, also would like to bring some characters to the discussion table: Jericho, Helbram.

They have both been developed quite well at this point in the story already.

Jericho: I don't like her, most of the reasons just appeared in the recent chapters, her hungry-for-standing attitude. But there was implicit hint at some interesting background story, so let's look forward to it. 'sides, blood lipstick - creepy - no like.

Helbram: So far just his attitude solely has been giving me interest in him. He seems a pretty good villain. And his act suits his design, someone who is strong just because he borrows power, but is weak in a sense still, if you know what I mean. (I mean, even I don't know fully what I just meant...)

Edited by keoss, 10 March 2014 - 02:42 PM.

atheus

atheus

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts

Gowther is basically the manga character that destroys the whole battle manga genre, which is why he's by far the most interesting and appealing to me. He doesn't get sucked in to hype or overreaction, dissolves conflicts with a calm, rational conversation, and has a "power" that basically allows him to cut to the core of the misunderstandings which basically make up 95% of the conflicts in this manga. He'll definitely be the character to watch in this series.

Oddly, Melodias isn't too different, just that he doesn't quite have the insight that Gowther has, and although he is resistant to pointless fighting, he gets sucked into it fairly regularly anyway.

Edited by atheus, 10 March 2014 - 03:33 PM.

bushwhacker2k

bushwhacker2k

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 485 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina, USA

I like basically all of the notable characters... but yes Ban wins.

"This statement is not true."

Baniita

Baniita

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 26 posts

Gowther, and then Ban, and then King, then Meliodas for me.

Edited by Baniita, 30 March 2014 - 11:55 PM.

117cuhz.jpg25tkzex.gife2igx.gif

tumblr: The Yullenator / Baniita
`{01} [ 神アレ / Y U L L E N ] » dgm----------------
`{02} 🎧 [ ヨシュネク / J O S H N E K U ] » twewy-----
`{03} 💔 [ シズイザ / S H I Z A Y A ] » drrr!!----------

salvatore

salvatore

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 6,875 posts
  • LocationEarth

Geera is my favorite character though she isn't one of the Main cast , i hope she doesn't die .

Raszagal

Raszagal

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationIquique, Chile

King for me.

262xog1.jpg

Shenanigans

Shenanigans

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 597 posts
  • LocationUnder there.........I just made you say underwear.

Ban, if Meliodas didn't look like a child then he would stand a chance but Ban.

cc_ghost

cc_ghost

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts

Guila since her first appearance. Other than her being a total babe and me having a thing for long, black hair, she was a total badass (definitely the coolest Holy Knight, in my opinion, at the point of her introduction) that I don't think got enough chances to shine later on. I always hoped she'd end up allying with the Sins (I was going to cry if she died in these last few chapters). Her new appearance took me some getting used to but now I'm really digging it.

Edited by kimchi_boy, 20 April 2014 - 07:44 AM.

Hyakuju

Hyakuju

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts

Fuck Ban. Real Talk. 

Meliodas is easily better. 

So is Diane, King & Gowther. 

My favorite characters thus far are, Hendricksen, Meliodas, Diane, Helbram and of course the greatest character in the manga: Hawk.