Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Chapter 46: From the Roadside

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

wtrmute

wtrmute

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 12 posts

Wait, what?  Shiro-san is a wizard?

This series just got a whole lot of strange.  I think I heard someone saying something about a last volume?  We must be pretty close to it then, so it's pretty ballsy of Ashinano-sensei to pull this one at this point in the story...

Trevor Smith

Trevor Smith

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 18 posts

Or it was sensei's plan the entire time.  And I'm not sure what you could classify Shiro-san as.  Wizard isn't exactly right, but...  We'll just have to wait and see.  I was always wondering why the world grew 10 fold larger, and the reason for the extreme lack of long distance sight (the hazy clouds, etc.)

Looking forward to the next chapter!

wigjump

wigjump

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 36 posts
Odddddddd. Something in his beer?
"It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare; it is because we do not dare that they are difficult." Seneca the Younger

Comadrin

Comadrin

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 799 posts
  • LocationManetheren, but more realistically Southern California

Well, I have to admit that her expression on:  http://vatoto.com/read/_/208910/kabu-no-isaki_v6_ch46_by_roselia-scanlations/15 

when she said, "...I can't wait,"  made the ecchi side of my mind go into overdrive, but that doesn't really seem like Ashinano Sensei's style.  I just think something mind-boggling, for Isaki and us readers, is about to come down.  As one of the main page posters said (and I'm paraphrasing), Shiro-San is the real MC.  I don't know if that's so, but she is definitely a character of far more importance compared to her sister or the Pitts pilot.  She's the real "Been there, done that" kind of character (by the way, the real ones never say that themselves).  

Got to say it again:  I totally love this manga!

Edited by Comadrin, 01 December 2013 - 09:00 AM.

wtrmute

wtrmute

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 12 posts

Yep, it's what I figured.  When a series suddenly takes a sharp turn into completely different territory, it's an almost sure sign that the series has been cancelled and the author is trying to push as much of the plot he had planned out for the next two or three volumes into the two or three chapters he's allotted to close the current volume...

Comadrin

Comadrin

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 799 posts
  • LocationManetheren, but more realistically Southern California

If some drone editor cancelled a series by Ashinano Sensei, he needs to be demoted to cleaning toilets.  I would hate to think it was that.

wigjump

wigjump

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 36 posts

Re-read the chapter.  I admit it.  I'm baffled.  And I love his work.  WTH? 

"It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare; it is because we do not dare that they are difficult." Seneca the Younger