Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Email Notification - When A New Chapter Is Released

- - - - - Email Notification

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

demonslayerlevy4

demonslayerlevy4

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Hi,

recently joined member here.

I was wondering if Batoto has an email notification system for newly released chapter(s). I am aware that websites like mangapanda and mangahere have implemented such feature, and it is very helpful in keeping track of all the new content.

I decided to "follow" a manga recently on Batoto. Will "following" a manga allow me to be notified through email or only when I am on this site? It's just not very clear. 

I apologize in advance if this question has already been posted and/or addressed.

Thank you.

Daktyl

Daktyl

Discord King

• Contrib Mods
  • 825 posts
  • LocationMI, USA

Well, there are two ways to view updates to your Followed manga:

1. Through the "My Follows" page on the site

2. Through an RSS feed, link to be found in the My Follows page

Unfortunately, emails are not an option.

If you don't know what an RSS feed is, I highly recommend you google it. I'm sure you'll find yourself using it for more than Batoto :P

My words are my own, and do not represent Batoto in any way, shape, or form unless otherwise stated in the post itself ^.^

Gendalph

Gendalph

Fried Potato

• Contrib Mods
  • 576 posts
  • Locationbeyond the Veil
http://chronicle.com/blogs/profhacker/send-an-rss-feed-to-your-email-account/50319
This should work.

Concerned

Concerned

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

I suggest making this a feature.

MisaKomine

MisaKomine

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

An email notification feature for when there's a new chapter of a manga you follow would be awesome.

etshy

etshy

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 21 posts

Think the email feature could be awesome too.

But as a web developper, I know sending email can quickly be expensive.

I'll try to do something with a RSS reader for now, as Mangatown is fu***d up right now for me.

I do HQ Raw of Comic Alive, Jump SQ, Champion Red and Dragon Age.

You can have the HQ version by support me on my patreon or get the free LQ version some days after on jcafe o/

Daktyl

Daktyl

Discord King

• Contrib Mods
  • 825 posts
  • LocationMI, USA
In the meantime, you can use https://ifttt.com/ to email you every time an RSS feed of your choice (in this case your Batoto Follows RSS feed) updates.

Edited by Daktyl, 07 October 2017 - 04:29 AM.

My words are my own, and do not represent Batoto in any way, shape, or form unless otherwise stated in the post itself ^.^

etshy

etshy

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 21 posts

Oooh Thanks a lot.

I'll try that ^^

I do HQ Raw of Comic Alive, Jump SQ, Champion Red and Dragon Age.

You can have the HQ version by support me on my patreon or get the free LQ version some days after on jcafe o/