Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

When does this manga start getting good?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Vice Admiral Luffy

Vice Admiral Luffy

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 14 posts

By the way, he's talking about the Arlong Park fisherman arc, NOT the later Fishman arc, context clues, he said he liked the "Chef on the Sea" arc, which is the baratie, It's obvious to conclude he's not that far. You guys are actually spoiling him, that is if he keeps reading.

I went back to op and realized you're right lol. I saw fishman arc .... Not interesting, that's it. :P . Would have said things differently if I didn't think he was talking about hodi arc haha.

Fishman arc wasn't the worst IMO... Agree with flowsthead... Foxy arc was definitly the worst.. It was filler worthy.

Quolete

Quolete

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 21 posts

Well if you want to jump, determine first what you like:

a. Zombies? (Thrillerbark Arc)
b. Pirate vs Marines? (Answer: You have the Marineford Arc)

c. Chef at Sea

d. Desert

e. Dinosaurs

f. Sky Adventure

g. Little Mermaid Story (Although it's Big and not Little)

h. Secret Agents vs. Pirates
i. Prison Break
j. Toy World
k. Winterland
l. Pirate Games (Long Ring Long Island Arc)
m. Gladiator Games

n. Luffy's lover

There's so much more!

ABADE

ABADE

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts

the beginning of one piece is golden. Then it starts to slow down a little

Sanji Arc: Slows down a bit here but still great

Arlong Arc: OK, but not as good

Crocodile Arc: GOD TIER, the best arc in the whole series

Skypiea: Seriously bad arch the final fight is awesome tho

Water 7 arc: OK, about as good as arlong

Thriller Bark arc: pretty boring arch with a few hightlights but some really frustrating plot 

Summit War: probably the second best arch after Crocodile, but the ending is a cluster fuck 

Edited by ABADE, 18 March 2014 - 09:36 PM.

Dragon88

Dragon88

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 519 posts

To me the best arcs are:

water 7/enies lobby, marineford, ID and the first time when the shs first go to Sabaody Archipelago with the introduction of the supernovas and Raleigh.

Personally One Piece became really good from when Aokiji came.  That is when the story to me picked up.  Also liked the Jaya arc.  I guess I can't blame the person who created this thread.  The beginning of One Piece is little slow.  It gets really good from grand line.  From east blue saga, only thing to me that really stood out was when Mihawk owned Zorro, aside from that east blue saga was more like introduction.  And I would have to admit One Piece beginning isn't really too epic unlike mangas like Naruto and Bleach where the beginning was really great, especially with Naruto.

Nik

Nik

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

for me, it all started way back at beginning, but I think all the interesting part start when they enter Grand Line, with Chopper back story and recruitment and the next Alabasta arc which is really good and of course as people said Water 7 and Enies Lobby which invoke emotions and some tear-jerking moments..

Monkey D. Luffy

Monkey D. Luffy

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts

Great Arcs = Arlong Park > Alabasta > Water 7 > Saobody archipelge > Marineford War arc

Bad arcs = Foxy pirates > Fishmen island > Skypiea

cc32

cc32

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
After a certain event later in the story (much later than the events most people here take for example but don't want to spoil) Oda rather went down the 'crappy' path. You can clearly see the change in art style there and from that point on it is all about... well... Sales numbers, boobs and boobs.

So yes, I wouldn't say it's getting better.

Edited by cc32, 29 May 2014 - 05:42 AM.

pijoed

pijoed

Potato

• Members
  • 125 posts

Don't know when..... I do know there are no chapters that i don't laugh or chuckle at all.

WorldEater23

WorldEater23

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 28 posts

too Truly appreciate One Piece you need to read from the very 1st chapter to the latest chapter The Art is not the Best but the Story is the best it has great Morals and Ethics grounds that really hits you Government,Religion,History,Family and etc......

top.jpg

hangtime

hangtime

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

NEVER!!! its a rabbit hole! every arc has interesting parts but it draggs until then, to the point where it isnt worth all the attention anymore. was expecting more of a profound plot, especially with the REBELLION continuously being hinted at but its never actually shown. i've given up