Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

"Yamada" and 11 other manga to be published on Crunchyroll

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Shamune

Shamune

Potato

• Members
  • 118 posts

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2013/10/26/crunchyroll-to-digitally-distribute-kodansha-manga

More info to be revealed on Oct 30th.

Edited by Shamune, 27 October 2013 - 12:42 AM.

TowerGod

TowerGod

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Seems they have up to chapter 84

harryisme

harryisme

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 25 posts

I wonder if Mahou-X and Mangaholic will still translate the chapters? In anime some groups will stop subbing a snime if they are being simulcast by CR or another official channel, some just rip the translations and remux it in the video and upload.

Passerby

Passerby

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 44 posts

Well they should drop it now, no matter how brilliant their work has been, since the official version is up to date and available via legitimate means. It's a shame though. An ideal arrangement would've been Crunchyroll hiring the current scanlators for a fee, but I guess that's not to be.

Aereus

Aereus

Fingerling Potato

• Contributor
  • 92 posts

I'll stick to Mahou-X release IMHO :) I own all 9 volumes, so my conscience is clear, thx.

4649matt

4649matt

Potato Sprout

• Silent Sky
  • 8 posts

I concur. After reading it in Japanese, I like to read them here because Mahou-X does an excellent job (actually funny translations) and the Batoto community is more fun.

CrunchyRoll offers me neither of those.

tohukyo

tohukyo

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 27 posts

wow. First, congrats to crunchyroll. They've risen so far in less than a decade! But I abandoned them because I wasn't that into anime anymore. 

Secondly...I hope Mahou-X and Mangaholic don't stop. It's cool with what's going on with CR but it's not easy to come by fluid translations 

xenzh

xenzh

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationUA

Bad news, everyone: Mahou-X is actually dropping out: http://mahouxscans.com/?p=2169 .

It seems we're out of options now.

Captin_Bravo

Captin_Bravo

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationCanada

Not quite out of options yet, mangaholic said they'd continue if they can find a translator and typesetter for it.

ChibiFightFu

ChibiFightFu

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts

Just too bad, Germans can't read on crunchyroll because they won't allow it. Poor Germans who won't have a chance to read it anymore

I'm glad I can read japanese well enough... 

Not quite out of options yet, mangaholic said they'd continue if they can find a translator and typesetter for it.

For real? I can't typeset but maybe I should apply as a translator... The manga seems to be ending soon anyway

Captin_Bravo

Captin_Bravo

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationCanada

http://mangaholic.org/blog/

atptsoi

atptsoi

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

They have up to chapter 88 right now iirc.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

yup, up to ch 89 in English as well now if anybody is interested........

http://www.crunchyroll.com/comics/manga/yamada-kun-and-the-seven-witches/volumes

Tn7HA0h.png

theroadstopshere

theroadstopshere

Russet Potato

• Donator
  • 366 posts
  • LocationThat great potato farm in the sky

Up to chapter 90 now, ladies and gents. And let me tell you, is it a wonderful chapter.

Spoiler

"Life isn't about lasting through the storms, its about learning to dance in the rain."

Okto

Okto

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

Just too bad, Germans can't read on crunchyroll because they won't allow it. Poor Germans who won't have a chance to read it anymore

I'm glad I can read japanese well enough... 

For real? I can't typeset but maybe I should apply as a translator... The manga seems to be ending soon anyway

haha ending soon it's almost chapter 200

aURrwpx.gif

Spoiler