Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Is the school council pres the final boss?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

MarcusMaranello

MarcusMaranello

Potato Sprout

• Contributor
  • 9 posts
  • LocationIn your computer

Topic is question.  Do you think the manga is gonna keep doing the gags that stop Masa from fighting him?  I guess I'm just wondering how many chapters this'll go for...  

Loving the art style though, has that Tezuka kinda vibe, hence old mate with the Astro boy haircut :P

SystematicChaos

SystematicChaos

Fingerling Potato

• Contributor
  • 93 posts
  • LocationLocation, location, location

I'm not going to give my speculation because I know what happens and don't want to spoil it. But I'm finding it interesting that you saw similarities to Tezuka in Miyashita's art style. Mustache Astro Boy aside, I think practically every early manga artist was inspired by Tezuka in one way or another art-wise. But actually, I think Miyashita had a few other inspirations; he worked as an assistant to Yoshihiro Takahashi, author of Ginga Nagareboshi Gin (Tetsuo Hara of Fist of the North Star fame also started out as his assistant), and he was also really inspired by Hiroshi Motomiya, one of the original Weekly Shonen Jump authors alongside Go Nagai, and also Yoshihiro Takahashi's mentor.

I really want to look into more of Hiroshi Motomiya's works; his popularity was on par with Go Nagai in the early 70s and he inspired artists from Tetsuo Hara and Masami Kurumada to Tatsuya Egawa and Tetsuya Saruwatari, and yet his works are basically unknown in the West (the only one he did that I could find on Batoto was Salaryman Kintaro, and only five chapters were scanned).

TOKI DIED FOR OUR SINS

Visit http://www.hokutonogun.com/ for all the MANga you can handle!