Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[READ FIRST]About Contributor Status & Application

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
  • LocationHere of course!

Purpose
Contributor status allows you to upload comics to Batoto without moderation queue. This does not mean you need contributor status to upload. This also does not mean it will never be moderated. It means your uploads will show up immediately.
Anyone can upload chapters. Anyone can add/edit comics/groups.

Why would one get Contributor status?
1. If you're from a group, you may wish to use Batoto as your publishing medium. Therefore, delays caused by moderation would get in the way.
AND/OR
2. You're going to upload a large number of comics. This simply removes the amount of work moderators will need to do.

Qualifications: Goes for Each member-----

1-A. You're from a group to upload your releases/comics. You should still have at least 4 chapters to show you understand the system. Does Not Mean being  part of a scanlation Without uploading Anything will be granted Contributor automatically . ​

OR

.  1-B.  You Have uploaded at least 5 chapters previously. There are no hard limits as requirement (roughly 10+). But it shows that you're familiar with how the system works. 

2. Have Read and Understand the global rules and The General Hosting Guidelines/Policies .This is an obvious factor that applies to everyone. But contributors must pay special attention to it as you are making impact which carries immediate consequences. That includes Any Group's Hosting Restriction and their Delays. And here is the guide to uploading.
    3. (Optional) Being vetted/vouched by Contributor(s) will assist with the process.  

Application 
If you wish to be promoted to a contributor group and meet the qualifications, please make a new topic in this forum . Do Not Hijack other member's Thread. Providing links to anything that proves your qualification(s) will speed up the process considerably. (e.g. chapters you uploaded, the group you are from, etc.).

Please state if you have read and understood our rules and if you are aware of the technicalities involved in the uploading process. (This is obligatory.) 

Do Not ask us to make other member(s) a contributor within ur application request. 

Additional important noteplease be mindful that even though you maybe granted contributor status,

if we found any kind of faulty actions that goes against the rules/uploading guidelines, your contributor status maybe revoked.

Please note that a through review of an application is required before it gets approved. If your application is in order, your request will be approved immediately. If there are some deficiencies in your application, you will be notified via PMs or a post in your thread. We work on the applications form oldest to newest, bumping your thread without reason will delay your request.

Please be patient as a thorough review might take some time.  

If you wish to expedite your request, please ensure that:

• Your thread has all the items required in the posts above.
  • Links have been provided to help in looking for your group page/chapters uploaded.
  • If you're part of a group, a post from your group leader.
  • If you're a group leader, a link to your website (if available).

Thank you for reading.

Edited by OchaMeido❣, 25 December 2017 - 09:23 PM.
Updated upload requirements.

mhh

mhh

Babo Kim

• Administrators
  • 3,754 posts

I have noticed a recent increase in uploaded chapters which do not sort properly into the overall chapter lists.

I want to emphasize that as a contributor it would be beneficial if you made yourself familiar with the chapter sorting order.
I might ask you to properly sort your uploads into the comic list(s) before I grant your request.

The sorting is explained here: guide to uploading

mhh

mhh

Babo Kim

• Administrators
  • 3,754 posts
From now on...

... I do expect everybody who requests the status of contributor to state that he or she has read, understood and therefore created their application according to what is written in Grumpy's post about the Contributor status and the Application.

I'm sorry to inconvenience those that would have done just regardless of me requesting it, but I believe it is necessary to maintain Batoto's quality standards.

Thank you!

Original Topic

seyrine

seyrine

Unemployed Kitty In A Penguin Suit

• Administrators
  • 1,830 posts
  • LocationLurking nearby...

Update:

Please note that a through review of an application is required before it gets approved. If your application is in order, your request will be approved immediately. If there are some deficiencies in your application, you will be notified via PMs or a post in your thread.

Please be patient as a thorough review might take some time. Statuses are updated once every week on either Friday or Saturday.

If you wish to expedite your request, please ensure that:

• Your thread has all the items required in the posts above.
  • Links have been provided to help in looking for your group page/chapters uploaded.
  • If you're part of a group, a post from your group leader.
  • If you're a group leader, a link to your website (if available).

Thank you for reading.

Edited by mhh, 14 May 2015 - 08:40 AM.
Clarification of Schedule

Catch my story; the Neverender Series

Batoto's Rules Repository | Rules, Guidelines and FAQs

Rules and Regulations | How to get help | Frequently Asked Questions

If all else fails, PM me. And use the REPORT button if you see any content that may violate site policy.

Catch me on irc.idlechat.net (#seyrine) and D.F.T.B.A.!

OchaMeido❣

OchaMeido❣

The Head Maid

• Contrib Mods
  • 1,728 posts
  • Location@ the Greenhouse Tea Party~

Following Changes made:

-From At least a few/couple chapters to 4/5 chaps.

• Due to recent amount of chaps being incorrectly uploaded (either by sorting, valid release, not viewable...etc ),  members will now have to at least upload 5 chaps of any series/groups  thats been approved , to be able to apply for Contributor.

-Vetted from any members to Only Contributors .

• Being that Contributors are granted their status due to their qualification of being one ,therefore their vouches are more effective. whereas any members can either be a alternative account or friends of the member who has never uploaded before or understand our uploading/hosting policies.

Edited by OchaMeido❣, 22 December 2017 - 03:39 AM.

ןן Tea Party~ ןן "THE BAR" ןן

ןןGuide to Uploading/deltin/sortin ןן

ןן[Must read] COMMENT SECTIONS RULES ן

Follow the comment sections' rules or else, you will be hanging at the edge of an cliff ^^
It maybe one step closer to death's door or an extension of your life's time.