Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Veritas part 2?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

prettyman

prettyman

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationHome
Does anyone know when the second part of Veritas is coming out in?

Will it come out?

Trebor

Trebor

Voice to the Voiceless

• Administrators
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationUSA
No idea. And just so we're clear, The Company is doing the full color version of Veritas, the ORIGINAL Veritas, not season 2.

I was very disappointed at Veritas end, so... I hope it comes out too.

Edited by Trebor, 20 July 2011 - 04:46 AM.

Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri

prettyman

prettyman

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationHome

No idea. And just so we're clear, The Company is doing the full color version of Veritas, the ORIGINAL Veritas, not season 2.

I was very disappointed at Veritas end, so... I hope it comes out too.

Me too, I believe they must have rushed it for a reason. As to what that reason is...who knows?

Thank you for clarifying that, although I already knew that... I can't wait.

Thank you, and all of The Company members, heck , thanks to the janitor too. Posted Image

TheGodfather

TheGodfather

Batoto Chief Mafioso

• The Company (inactive)
  • 481 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Me too, I believe they must have rushed it for a reason. As to what that reason is...who knows?

Thank you, and all of The Company members, heck , thanks to the janitor too. Posted Image

I agree, the last 50 chapters seemed very rushed. Apparently due to the author's lack of financial support and resources, he didn't have the money to keep on paying his assistants... very sad indeed. I really hope that he will one day re-do Veritas or make a sequel to it.
Spoiler

i fucking love fembot for hustling on GB with Kareia and Kento <333333

Loki

Loki

Fried Potato

• Contrib Mods
  • 932 posts
  • Locationgo figure

truth be told , the author didnt rush it that much , because there was no money , his intent was to finish only 1 or 2 fights of the election thingy (actually all fights up to gang's) and then to do what he did , so at best we would have gotten 1 more volume

yes its bad for us that we didnt get it , but thats how it works in korea most times + the breaker part 1 was publishing at the same time and we all know how the boring and generic shonen titles get all the money and the cool stuff has to be behind
Spoiler

KayBorn3000

KayBorn3000

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • LocationEcchi Land
I always wondered what happened to veitas...now I know...and I'm sad :(
Spoiler

powha

powha

Vocaloid

• Contrib Mods
  • 1,117 posts
  • LocationGensokyo
Do want. :(
Veritas was awsomecake, it would be nice to see a sequel.

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts
well the breaker isn´t that bad. the second season of the breaker in bad but the first one was ok.
and yes Veritas was very good, but I kind of dont understand the author, I mean I am to 80% sure he won´t continue this series so why didn´t he try to wrap it up and give us an ending?

Colour

Colour

Fried Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 877 posts
  • LocationIn a Box of Crayons
Veritas was really Amazing then the Ending wasn't all that great and made me feel like the story is still unfinished. I really hope the Mangaka does Veritas 2.

eXon

eXon

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 293 posts
  • LocationFrance
I read somewhere on some forum far far away (but don't remember where, and can't really vouch for the authenticity of the information) that the author did the drawings and such of season one by hand and his editor asked him to continue on a webcomic format which he can't do/won't do/don't know how to do and so that's why there is no news since.

But I agree that an alternative ending and/or a sequel would be much appreciated...

Edited by eXon, 16 November 2011 - 11:03 AM.

Thunder Wolf

Thunder Wolf

Fried Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 656 posts
  • LocationDiscord
If you look at the facts, it's unlikely that Veritas will have a second part. And if it does have a part 2, we'll have to wait for the author's current project to end.
That means no Veritas until Witchcraft Troops ends.

We also need to take into account other manhwa the artist might start before Witchcraft Troops ends. He's already done a oneshot.

It's like all us Mx0 fans hoping for a sequel while knowing that the author already started Kagami no Kuni no Harisugawa.

On a side note, the author of Veritas and the artist are two separate people. So if anyone had a problem, it was the artist. Especially as the author is still working for the same publisher.

2z50p6t.png

Equiliz

Equiliz

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 660 posts
  • Locationin your mind
I mis Veritas and the end was awkward...

Hopefully Veritas 2 ever comes along :)!
"Don't ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive." Howard Thurman

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow." Albert Einstein

Visit my deviantart

nykt

nykt

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
So... still no news of when the author is going to work back on this manga? as things go... This is a better read than the breaker, even if you can see that the story was being rush not even half way through the story line. End it properly if you're not going to continue it at the very least right? ^^,

Ral

Ral

Russet Potato

• The Company
  • 290 posts

If you look at the facts, it's unlikely that Veritas will have a second part. And if it does have a part 2, we'll have to wait for the author's current project to end.
That means no Veritas until Witchcraft Troops ends.

Witchcraft Troops is older than Veritas and it's long finished.

We also need to take into account other manhwa the artist might start before Witchcraft Troops ends. He's already done a oneshot.

This oneshot was done during serialization of Veritas.

On a side note, the author of Veritas and the artist are two separate people. So if anyone had a problem, it was the artist. Especially as the author is still working for the same publisher.

I have no idea where you're getting your info from, but the reason why there is no Part 2 is because "Part 1" didn't sell well in Korea.
Authors are still hoping for doing Part 2, but they had a few meetings with publishers already, and they weren't interested.

And yes, the artist is trying to start his own series (or maybe he already succeeded), but what did you expect? He has to gain some income, and since Veritas ended over a year ago... I can understand why he'd rather start a new series that get shut down with his next attempt at Veritas.

ONeoRa is always looking for interesting people to join our ranks.
Visit our forum to apply: http://www.oneora.net
sig2small.png

Thunder Wolf

Thunder Wolf

Fried Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 656 posts
  • LocationDiscord

Witchcraft Troops is older than Veritas and it's long finished.

I get my info from Bakamanga Updates. According to them, Witchcraft Troops was first published in 2007 (6 volumes, an ongoing series), while Veritas was first published in 2005. The oneshot called "Alice" by Kim Dong-hoon (the artist of Veritas) was first published in 2008.

.-.

2z50p6t.png

Havoc

Havoc

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationFrance
We've seen way to many manga/manhwa/animes which were supposed to get a sequel but never did...
It sure feels like Veritas will suffer the same fate...
Well, the editor in France went bankrupt before releasing the last volume so I'm doomed anyway.
I'm starting to get sick of buying books and not getting the end (I was also buying Yegrina and UnbalnceX2 from the same editor... won't get the end either).

bismuth

bismuth

Potato

• Members
  • 127 posts
  • LocationTyria
from what I heard, the author planned to make a part 2, and that was clearly stated in http://vatoto.com/read/_/4391/veritas_ch81_by_helz0ne/24, but aster a lot of desperate search, i found out that the artist and the authour had a fight, and money also seems to be a problem
"It matters not how strait the gate
how charged with punishment the scroll
I am the master of my fate
I am the captain of my soul"
William Ernest Henley, Invictus

"All know the way, few actually walk it," Bodidharma: The road to freedom

Tim Lim

Tim Lim

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • LocationColorado
Great story! sad to see that it is incomplete though.

MangaFan

MangaFan

Potato

• Members
  • 110 posts
Holy Shit guys!
At first it was okay,something like 8\10 but from chapter 75 it went from being pretty good series to awesome!
It really went into a direction that I never expected,and the end was fucking awesome.
The problem?
No season 2.
Honestly,let's guys stop hoping for season 2 because it won't come....
Now...what should I read next?

Reminiscent Cheeseburger

Reminiscent Cheeseburger

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • LocationThe Desert
@MangaFan I share your feelings. I suggest trying out The Breaker, Breaker New Waves, God of High School, Girl of the Wild's, Holyland, sumomomo mommomo, and Worst, being that they're semi in the same setting / genre of fighting/martial arts.