Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Naver's Official Translation of Webtoons

naver webtoon translation official tower of god

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

VanquisherR

VanquisherR

Fingerling Potato

• Donator
  • 96 posts
  • Location135th Floor, Tower of God.

Naver has released their official translation of Webtoons!!!!!

Support Naver and the respective author/artists of each series by reading them there!

Series include:

• Ability
  • About Death
  • Aisopos
  • Annarasumanara
  • A World Without You
  • Cheese in the Trap
  • Class Without a Smile
  • Denma
  • Dice
  • Dr. Frost
  • Gepetto
  • Girls of the Wild's
  • Hana
  • Hellper
  • Killer Snack Bar
  • Knight Run
  • Lessa
  • Noblesse
  • Nonamed
  • Ok-Su Station Ghost
  • Pied Piper
  • Story of Someone we Know
  • Survivors
  • Tales of the Herbs
  • Tower of God
  • The God of High School
  • The Sound of Your Heart
  • Tidal Territory
  • Trump

http://comic.naver.com/en/index.html

Enjoy!

Edited by VanquisherR, 12 October 2013 - 06:24 PM.

Love, Hope and Hate are all but Desire by other names.

Proofreader for KiKE Scans
First ever Tower of God RPG - http://umad-mazinbro.deviantart.com

Couch Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 3,043 posts

AMAZING!!!

The opinions expressed by this user are solely their own and do not express the views of Batoto and its staff.

Mystery

Mystery

Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts
I think it's time to re-read ToG-again!

Edited by Mystery, 12 October 2013 - 06:48 PM.

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts

Question though: will they actually update those series regularly? Or did they just put those up as samples for potential publishers?

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,
Official English Webtoons: https://www.webtoons.com

Couch Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 3,043 posts

Question though: will they actually update those series regularly? Or did they just put those up as samples for potential publishers?

For now they are uploaded in the Bookfair directory, which means it's probably a temporary thing to attract attention. There are quite a few errors in the scripts (at least in ToG), which makes me believe they are indeed just samples. For now.

The opinions expressed by this user are solely their own and do not express the views of Batoto and its staff.

Corpse

Corpse

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 327 posts

not good these are quite bad.

tC is the best ^_^

img000028.jpg

Ja Wangnan

themantarays

themantarays

~A Majestic Ray of Light in the Dark of the Internet~ ☼_☼

• Comic Mods
  • 1,933 posts

Ah, so many new series to read!!

Phantaminum the Riddle

Phantaminum the Riddle

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 41 posts

AWESOME!

DarkPrince

DarkPrince

Cute Potato

• Members
  • 4,800 posts
  • Location「Between Brackets」
Holy heck! This is freakin' Awesome!!! and pretty much all the webtoons I read are here too [crying happy face]

I T ' S   O N L Y   F U N   I F   T H E Y   R U N

naren

naren

Potato

• Contributor
  • 187 posts

oh yea!!god is so great!

Spoiler

magnificent

magnificent

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 24 posts

If we all click all the chapters and generate enough web traffic.....

AishiteruJae

AishiteruJae

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 252 posts

The problem is that they've only translated the first few chapters, and people aren't really going to be that interested in this unless they continue to update... I really don't see the point in re-tranlating the stuff that's already been translated, but I don't think that Naver is going to do that either. Maybe if they released english versions of newer chapters people would check it out a lot, but unless they're faster than translators, I don't see the point. Plus, how many people are going to know about this? idk. I'm still hopeful for this tho. 

currently reading <3 : Trump, The Gamer, Kubera, TAL , Black Haze , Looking for a Father, Dream of a Girl, Aletheia , Don't Cry Bureum , Last Game , Legend of the Sun Knight , A Thousand Year Ninetails , Tiara , Pinocchio , Pandora Hearts , Taiyou no Ie , Twelve NIghts , Wedding Season 2 , Love so Life , Mrs. Angel , Like a bird <3  

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

Well, as (what? none of them, right?) they hadn't been updated/added to with more translated chapters since the initial effort, it'd seem pretty obvious it was done solely for that one-time event with no intention to do more. 

Tn7HA0h.png

Schro

Schro

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 10 posts
  • LocationWild's High

well, they stated that it was just promotional:

Welcome to NAVER WEBTOON!
This is a promotional website and some of the samples of our most popular webtoons are available.
If you have any inquiries about webtoons, please contact 'NAVER Webtoon'.

Dunno why they would do that tho... I know it's promotional but how are we supposed to read Korean if they didn't catch up to the latest chapter of every webtoon? :/

Edited by Dal Dal, 29 December 2013 - 12:44 AM.

Posted Image

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

Welcome to NAVER WEBTOON!
This is a promotional website and some of the samples of our most popular webtoons are available.
If you have any inquiries about webtoons, please contact 'NAVER Webtoon'.

Dunno why they would do that tho... I know it's promotional but how are we supposed to read Korean if they didn't catch up to the latest chapter of every webtoon? :/

Well, I'd assume their fondest wish for that little come-on was that some commercial inquiry would be the result. In other words someone wanting to pay them for rights to rehost/publish/translate whatever.

Tn7HA0h.png

Yaomo

Yaomo

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,757 posts
  • Locationwathcing you from some place far away

if everybody who's interested in reading webtoons in english contacts them begging for more, maybe they'll be convinced that there's a big enough market to start translating seriously.

あっ ちょっと死んじまった

romcom

romcom

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts
So yeah I'd like to support Naver but I want to actually read beyond the first 11 chapters of TOG and naver doesn't look like its going to get to the latest chapter anytime soon, so what do I do? Wait three years?

Alraisen

Alraisen

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 589 posts
  • LocationProbably not here.

So yeah I'd like to support Naver but I want to actually read beyond the first 11 chapters of TOG and naver doesn't look like its going to get to the latest chapter anytime soon, so what do I do? Wait three years?

A little explaining here.

This thing was a demonstration, when SIU and some other artists went to Germany. No more chapters.

But. A month ago or so, they launched the official version. Some comics, like ToG, are updated to the new chapters. Some others (like Kubera) will take years to get to the present chapters.

1. Not very good translations. They are getting better, but still pretty bad.

2. Change of names. The korean fans have already said the new names are more close to their original pronunciation, but to us, fans that have been reading the names for one year, it's a bit hard to get used to.

3. It's only for mobile. tC, though, did a computer friendly version.

Mobile version: http://m.webtoons.com/

tC version: http://thcmpny.com/naver.html

Enjoy :) .

PD: Naver has made batoto stop posting translations, but, in case you're spanish, those scans continue translating the comic.

Spoiler

http://i.imgur.com/FZox7ZH.gif

Spoiler