Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

(Possible Spoilers) Discussion about the Again

Again

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

omnipwnage

omnipwnage

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • LocationOregon

I noticed for a while that there isn't a dedicated area to talk about the phenomenon that has occurred in Again! as the Current chapters discussions doesn't really apply to the topic.

From my own conjecture, I've been able to more or less notice the following:

The flow of time in the Again is consistent, so even if someone is pulled from the present, or a character goes back to the present, they will not delve to the 'beginning' of the Again(Start of the school year three years prior). This is seen the best with Hiro coming to the Again, or the flow of time continuing when Imamura was awake in the present.

If someone (or possibly just Imamura) returns to the present, their presence will gradually disappear from the consciousness of those around them, or their timeline will reset to what it was like previously. I could also just as easily be that Imamura's presence is a prerequisite for the entire status of the Again. This can be seen that the actions that Aki did near the beginning of the Again disappeared almost entirely when Imamura disappeared. If the things that Aki did remained, then with Imamura gone, she should have still been snubbed by her old friends and classmates.

With this being said, it could also be said that they do not entirely disappear, as fragments will still remain in people's subconscious (as seen possibly with Reo going out with someone with short blonde hair, and not specifically having feelings for them. Or the people in the Ouendan trusting a 'complete stranger' even a little.)

The actions in the Again that have occurred directly change the future. This is seen in the subtle way the Ouendan was disbanded from the start of the series to when he first wakes up. If I remember right, it disbanded originally when the Ouendan had the joint exercise with the Cheerleading squad and the Band in the school plaza. It then shifted to the baseball game.

If it looks like I've messed up some of my logic, or that there's more that I've missed, please chime in! I'd love a record of this so that I, and others, can benefit from more information about this series.

Thanks!

Edited by omnipwnage, 24 September 2013 - 04:42 PM.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

Could be, I guess for me it's so difficult to really commit to any theory about how the Again works (or will effect the future/reality, what have you) since it's all been so subjective and vague.

At this point I personally don't think the author has actually committed to anything definite...........it could be a dream, delusion, alternate reality......near death experience........anything. But that's just me, I'm loath to commit to story elements if I think there's any reason at all to doubt, it keeps me from having preconceived ideas about what should happen. :D

Tn7HA0h.png