Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

latest chapter discussion

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

cry_nevermore

cry_nevermore

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 17 posts
can this awesome series really have not gotten a discussion thread yet? wow, i'm surprised.

anyways, with the seventeenth chapter out to date, i've gotten even more excited with where the story is going, i don't think lark is any trouble yet though-even with the creepy pants-less girl, since his plot armer should still be pretty sturdy. i do wonder what the heck she was doing there in the first place however, half nude, and presumably able to tell that lark isn't exactly what he claims to be...

KidCongo

KidCongo

Global Moderator

• Contrib Mods
  • 1,768 posts
I'd open a thread for each series I upload, but then I fear I'd be spamming the forum.

Anyway, if shirt-girl's name refers to Elizabeth Bathory, then she's probably a bit dangerous, but I'm also concerned how Sir Navarus - the pricipal, Setz's dad, and the person Lark is about to visit - treats his students; quite violently it seems, judging by how Neal looks.

For all those thinking of thanking me for the scanlations, I only upload them, and I'm just a mod here. Please leave a message on the actual groups' pages that do all the hard work.

cry_nevermore

cry_nevermore

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 17 posts
why would she be dangerous if she was elizabeth bathory, specifically? the name sounds familiar, but i can't place it anywhere in particular. either way, it looks like they go to the same school, since in the last panel, you see what looks a whole lot like the very emblem on lark's uniform in the arms of the zombie manservant person.

i don't think larks dad would be too cruel to the students, if only because he seems so far to spend less time in the school and more time in his creepy house trying to finish up whatever mysterious goal he and his friend had. i'd say it's more likely that neal t figured out a little too much about said plan a while back, and now he's just going through shock from whatever vampire juju sir navarus pulled so he could keep his valuable employee, which would explain why setz looks so darn calm about everything.

KidCongo

KidCongo

Global Moderator

• Contrib Mods
  • 1,768 posts
Elizabeth Báthory was a hungarian countess, who is said to have tortured and killed hundreds of young virgins and to have bathed in their blood, here's a link.

For all those thinking of thanking me for the scanlations, I only upload them, and I'm just a mod here. Please leave a message on the actual groups' pages that do all the hard work.

Jibaku

Jibaku

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Location3rd floor
The mentioning of "abilities" has peaked my interests. I wonder what sort of special abilities they have in mind though?

FirewaveZ

FirewaveZ

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
Well, it seems like the count can cause pain at a distance.

hero

hero

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,381 posts

Well, it seems like the count can cause pain at a distance.

how did you come to this conclusion?

Zeroguard

Zeroguard

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts
I have absolutely no idea where im getting this vibe from but anyone else think that the author is going to pull a star wars and say that Karne is Lark's sister? There is absolutely no evidence of this being the case of course beyond the same hair color but I dunno... it just seems like it will be one of those cases...
The greatest crime of all time is no being born at the beginning of the universe to see everything up until now and not being able to live to the end of the universe to see everything from now on.

Warfoki

Warfoki

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • LocationHungary
Umm, what's up with the 35th chapter? According to to my Follows page it was uploaded Yesterday, 09:50 PM but if I click on it, all I get is an empty page. :unsure:

Posted Image

Posted Image

thearux

thearux

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 573 posts
  • LocationUruguay
Latest chapter was good, though I want to see the moment when they show that lark is human.

bushwhacker2k

bushwhacker2k

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 485 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina, USA

Elizabeth Báthory was a hungarian countess, who is said to have tortured and killed hundreds of young virgins and to have bathed in their blood, here's a link.

Ahhh, memories of Diablo 2 :D

Anyways I really like this so far but... it's weird, I can't call it slow but at the same time it's like nothing is happening...

"This statement is not true."

Lustful

Lustful

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 606 posts

Interesting.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato
Great new chapter out today, thanks Easy going scans, really good.

Tn7HA0h.png

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
Great new chapter Easy Going Scans!!
Spoiler

Tn7HA0h.png

ChaosSanc

ChaosSanc

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • LocationOn the Horizon
yea i love how the story line is picking up but i want lark to have more romance cause it seems what started is cut off and is redirected towards the main plot of the story i wish it would be possible to equally share the spotlight sighs
For Light there must be Dark so what does Dark do to have Light?

Posted Image

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
i thought his best hope for romance was the girl back home, she was definately in love with him from when they were little. I'm kind of hoping the author is going to give him a chance and not fall back on some sort of "he's got to keep being a human a secret" so he has to be alone thing.

Tn7HA0h.png

bushwhacker2k

bushwhacker2k

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 485 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina, USA

i thought his best hope for romance was the girl back home, she was definately in love with him from when they were little. I'm kind of hoping the author is going to give him a chance and not fall back on some sort of "he's got to keep being a human a secret" so he has to be alone thing.

Yeah, she seriously fell of the face of Crepuscule... Honestly except the transition and his time with Setz his childhood is such a footnote it may as well not have happened.

It's a little interesting how little has happened despite this being fairly far. I really can't judge what's going to happen next because so little has really transpired...

"This statement is not true."

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Yeah, she seriously fell of the face of Crepuscule... Honestly except the transition and his time with Setz his childhood is such a footnote it may as well not have happened.

It's a little interesting how little has happened despite this being fairly far. I really can't judge what's going to happen next because so little has really transpired...

You make a good point, the way the story is being told isn't like one continuous flow. Almost from the start we've been given little glimpses and footnotes of what promises to be a story about a whole world's history and future spanning many, many generations of,well,,,,,everybody in the world. For instance, we know a good number of who we've been told are major players but even now don't really have a clue how they relate to each other, or how any of these people and all the political intrigue that seems to be swirling around them have anything to do with Lark. Navarus mentioned something about destroying the whole world(?!!) but we don't get a why, a how, a when.....again, just little glimpses into the story with no real tie together or continuity. Yeah, we've got the promise of something big but it's pretty easy to look at it as a long stream of random events that are still waiting to be tied together.

Tn7HA0h.png

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
Great new chapter, we're starting to get some tie-together info and time line to all the background we've got in the past story (and some action, too)

Tn7HA0h.png

Miyama

Miyama

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • Locationlukedonia
I'm glad Lark n Setz are starting to warming up to each other again^^
I'm so curious about that hat guy~ Nergal... well there are a lot of people in Crepuscule that I can't figure out what they are thinking (like Neal, Bathory, Setz's father... I guess it's gonna clear up later on.

85vt.png