Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Two of these

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts

SP version and non SP version. Same artists, characters and general concept, but the chapters are different this is very confusing, can someone please explain?

It almost seems like the SP and non SP should be mixed together somehow.

Edited by truepurple, 29 August 2013 - 06:15 AM.

kdom

kdom

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 376 posts
The SP are in fact the first volume chapters but were scanlated later. If you read them in the order they are now (SP first then normal ones), nothing will be confusing.

Edited by kdom, 03 September 2013 - 07:54 PM.

anonymous preferred

anonymous preferred

Potato

• Donator
  • 170 posts

SP version and non SP version. Same artists, characters and general concept, but the chapters are different this is very confusing, can someone please explain?

It almost seems like the SP and non SP should be mixed together somehow.

Just read them in the order presented here on Batoto. Godspeed.

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts

I don't believe that to be the case, I remember it jumping in story, gaps in one set being filled by another. But I suppose I could reread it from start again and try to document it when I clearly find it.

anonymous preferred

anonymous preferred

Potato

• Donator
  • 170 posts

I don't believe that to be the case, I remember it jumping in story, gaps in one set being filled by another. But I suppose I could reread it from start again and try to document it when I clearly find it.

Wagatsuma timeline (from 2ch):

2011: (the mangaka is inconsitent with the year though)

Wagatsuma Timeline

July

SP01
SP02
SP03
SP04
SP05
SP06-1 << Between pg 012 and 013: 01
SP06-2
SP07 (1st semester final - between 7/15 and 7/25)

August (During summer break)
SP07 (Summer festival - 8/16)
SP08
SP09
SP10
SP11

September

October
23 (Cultural festival)

November
29 (kansai field trip)

Edited by anonymous preferred, 05 September 2013 - 07:07 PM.

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts

Just how are you determining these months?

anonymous preferred

anonymous preferred

Potato

• Donator
  • 170 posts

Just how are you determining these months?

I don't know. Some people in 2ch did it.

SuspiciousStalker

SuspiciousStalker

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

I thought the sp chapters overlapped in events with the non sp chapters? Like how both have the dobashi and silvia arcs. I thought they weren't on the same continuity.

anonymous preferred

anonymous preferred

Potato

• Donator
  • 170 posts

I thought the sp chapters overlapped in events with the non sp chapters? Like how both have the dobashi and silvia arcs. I thought they weren't on the same continuity.

Not always. In some non-SP (or regular) chapters, the mangaka specifically points out "if you want to know what happened before, read volume xx." I am not sure about Hikari, but Dobashi and Sylvia arcs are definitely not overlapping. For Dobashi, you must read SP chapter 6-1 and 6-2 first (the birth of the DX Brigade) first, and the mangaka also asks you to real them in LATER non-SP chapters. Sylvia arc begins with chapter 4, goes on in chapter 5, 7 and 8. In non-SP chapter, the mangaka specifically asks you to read the previous SP chapters ( http://vatoto.com/read/_/158495/wagatsuma-san-wa-ore-no-yome_v4_ch09_by_underdog-scans/4 ).

So it's safe to assume some events are on the continuity.